Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

Local Weather

Go down 
+29
robert
SciFi
alg8tr
zeke
crutch51
bdc1515
The Other One
lowrider
Blackie Kuhn
Bighead
slider
dz724
lisav
nitromaxx98
Owlg8tr
SlumberGirl
Justoo
suzyj
nobodysbusiness
CountryGirl
cobra_kel
Ratzilla
chiefsfan
wilkykav2
jessks75
slickjay12
luv2cook
Degeneration X
LukeTHr
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17
AuthorMessage
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Local Weather - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local Weather   Local Weather - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 8:28 pm

suzyr wrote:
Holy smokes! Our local weather guy, Drew Switzer shows you guys are to receive 14.51" of snow. Are ya ready? Smile

14.51"? Gee how precise. He's probably hoping so. It had to suck watching Western KS be sunny and mild while you were covered in snow.
Back to top Go down
robert
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
robert

Number of posts : 899
Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Local Weather   Local Weather - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 1:58 am

suzyr wrote:
Holy smokes! Our local weather guy, Drew Switzer shows you guys are to receive 14.51" of snow. Are ya ready? Smile

born on a green light daddy-ooooooooooooo!!!! hoooty hooo! lol!
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Local Weather   Local Weather - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 2:43 am

robert wrote:
born on a green light daddy-ooooooooooooo!!!! hoooty hooo! lol!

Whatcha smoking tonight, bobby?
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Local Weather   Local Weather - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 2:55 am

the smoke supply may be getting harder to get ahold of if they ever get the border closed down. of course that doesn't stop folks from growing their own.... for medicinal purposes of course... they have "prescriptions" for that now
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Local Weather   Local Weather - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 3:23 am

LukeTHr wrote:
the smoke supply may be getting harder to get ahold of if they ever get the border closed down. of course that doesn't stop folks from growing their own.... for medicinal purposes of course... they have "prescriptions" for that now

There's a very interesting series of one hour documentaries on National Geographic Channel called "Drugs, Inc." Highly recommended.

Of course, bobby wouldn't need to watch it. He's the world's foremost authority on everything.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Local Weather   Local Weather - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 3:41 am

Is it snowing in Hays yet?
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Local Weather   Local Weather - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 3:44 am

Nothing in the west part of the county yet.
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812

PostSubject: Re: Local Weather   Local Weather - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 6:42 am

Got some now.
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

Number of posts : 1170
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Local Weather   Local Weather - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 1:53 pm

Fast Eddie finally throws in the towel and decides to close FHSU at noon today. Of course it should have never opened but hey it's Ed.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Local Weather   Local Weather - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 5:06 am

Why should FHSU close? I had to drive to Hays to work this morning at 5:30 AM and many going to college will make far more money than me some day. College students are "supposedly" adults, and if they don't have the ambition to get to class they deserve to swing a mop as a career.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Local Weather   Local Weather - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 11:11 am

Ratzilla wrote:
Why should FHSU close? I had to drive to Hays to work this morning at 5:30 AM and many going to college will make far more money than me some day. College students are "supposedly" adults, and if they don't have the ambition to get to class they deserve to swing a mop as a career.

Ratzo, you seem to have a big problem with anyone who makes more money than you, doesn't work the same hours as you or has a job that you consider "cushy." What you fail to recognize is that most of these people worked their asses off to get where they are. I'm not saying that you don't work hard. They have just taken the steps necessary to improve themselves and their lives. Yes, some were just lucky. Yes, a few are or were crooked. But the vast majority of people who are millionaires in this country are first generation millionaires, and many of them started with nothing. Maybe you should be learning from them instead of bitching about them.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Local Weather   Local Weather - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 7:40 pm

EP you seem to have a big problem with being stupid. I never said a damn word about the wealthy. I said if college students want to be big corporate moguls, doctors, lawyers, or whatever kind of professional that takes drive and desire to succeed in, they should have enough drive and desire to go to school when us average guys do it all the time.

I can see our future professionals by your standards EP. Oh we're sorry, but Doctor Fudpucker said he doesn't want to drive here in the snow, so you'll need to have your heart attack tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812

PostSubject: Re: Local Weather   Local Weather - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 8:56 pm

Ratzilla wrote:
Oh we're sorry, but Doctor Fudpucker said he doesn't want to drive here in the snow,
I was at a medical office in Hays yesterday. While I was waiting to pay my bill, the young lady was on the phone.
I asked what that was about, thinking I would get a non-answer. She told me it was a doctor who didn't think he could make it to work today. I'm glad my doctor had the ability to get out of the driveway. I would have been PO'd if had driven there and found out my doctor was snowed in in a better neighborhood.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Local Weather   Local Weather - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 9:06 pm

Pretty sad justoo. I remember during the big blizzards in the 80's you and I did our jobs, and cooks and nurses aides from the Good Samaritan rode to work on the back of volunteers snowmobiles.

Seems to me if a person is going to college for more than beer, sports, and sex they would be willing and eager to get that learning done. It's not like I'm saying they should push 8 year olds out in the blizzard and tell them to get to school.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Local Weather   Local Weather - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 12:03 am

Ratzilla wrote:
EP you seem to have a big problem with being stupid. I never said a damn word about the wealthy. I said if college students want to be big corporate moguls, doctors, lawyers, or whatever kind of professional that takes drive and desire to succeed in, they should have enough drive and desire to go to school when us average guys do it all the time.

I can see our future professionals by your standards EP. Oh we're sorry, but Doctor Fudpucker said he doesn't want to drive here in the snow, so you'll need to have your heart attack tomorrow.

I'll bet that KU Med Center was open and that they expected the students to be there.

Fort Hays State graduates a lot of teachers. They're just getting them used to being off whenever it snows.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Local Weather   Local Weather - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 12:08 am

Ratzilla wrote:
I never said a damn word about the wealthy.

Ratzilla wrote:
many going to college will make far more money than me some day.

And it's not just this post. It's a pattern. Your jealousy of anyone who has more than you, for whatever reason, comes through often.
Back to top Go down
dz724
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: Local Weather   Local Weather - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 1:26 am

The Other One wrote:
Fort Hays State graduates a lot of teachers. They're just getting them used to being off whenever it snows.

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa.... Razz

As a teacher (from FHSU) I can honestly say that while I enjoy the perks of unexpected days off, snowdays, holiday breaks and summer, I also put in a lot LOT lot of "volunteer hours" in order to meet the needs of my kiddos. I'm sure I can speak for a lot of teachers (not all of course) but I usually have my computer up doing research, paperwork, lesson plans, or grading, or preparation every night during the school year, off and on during a snow day, as well as throughout the summer--- I definately don't take my work lightly. I work very hard for the kiddos that I work with, and I hope it makes the world a better place because I do.

And- we only had 2 snow days at FHSU tops the whole time I was there. The joke was that if Eddie couldn't make it to the office (all 2 blocks) then we'd cancel.

That being said- I'm a wuss about driving in the snow so I'm thankful that I can stay in my cozy abode on those days. queen
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Local Weather   Local Weather - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 1:41 am

And you EP, have a habit of defending rightwing elitiststs to the point of being rediculous. You have shown a definite pattern of that. My point had absolutely nothing to do with jealousy. You need to quit listening to the likes of Limbaugh who cries every time someone suggests the wealthy don't deserve their asses licked. Your cry of foul everytime someone brings up financial differences is no better than Bighead accusing us of being controlling women haters just because neither of us is fond of abortion.

My point was 100% solid. Nobody goes to college to snag an average job in Ellis County. Whether they strive to be a business owner, teacher, engineer, chemist, or a medical professional doesn't matter. If someone is willing to spend the time and money to go to college it is logical to assume that they have some degree of ambition. If I and millions of others can get to work each day just to make a basic living I expect those with the ambition to go to college and possibly be in future positions that will affect the finances, health, or safety of all of us to be able to deal with a common weather event.
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

PostSubject: Re: Local Weather   Local Weather - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 2:44 am

Holy moly. First of all its college, not their job so missing a day is hardly going to be life or death. Secondly, really no one should have been out walking or tooling around in that weather was my point.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Local Weather   Local Weather - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 3:21 am

Ok then. College students should never be expected to rise above the level of a grade school kid. Maybe we can arrange a group hug to comfort the poor little dears.

You know, if you want to be a success in this world, which apparently I was mistaken when I assumed college students do, you need to keep going in the face of adversity and the little snow and blow we had the other day was puny compared to the blizzards of the late 80's that some of us voluntarily went out in to help others in trouble. We've became a real pussy society.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Local Weather   Local Weather - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 8:50 am

Ratzilla wrote:
And you EP, have a habit of defending rightwing elitiststs to the point of being rediculous. You have shown a definite pattern of that. My point had absolutely nothing to do with jealousy. You need to quit listening to the likes of Limbaugh who cries every time someone suggests the wealthy don't deserve their asses licked. Your cry of foul everytime someone brings up financial differences is no better than Bighead accusing us of being controlling women haters just because neither of us is fond of abortion.

My point was 100% solid. Nobody goes to college to snag an average job in Ellis County. Whether they strive to be a business owner, teacher, engineer, chemist, or a medical professional doesn't matter. If someone is willing to spend the time and money to go to college it is logical to assume that they have some degree of ambition. If I and millions of others can get to work each day just to make a basic living I expect those with the ambition to go to college and possibly be in future positions that will affect the finances, health, or safety of all of us to be able to deal with a common weather event.

I challenge you to back up your statement about defending right wing elitists with some specific examples. Not just your hazy, distorted recollections, but actual quotes.

I look at each as an individual. You look at them as a group, and to you, everyone in the group is evil. To you, the people who have worked hard and built businesses in Hays, and who now live in better houses than you, are just as evil as Bernie Madoff.

And finally, when the National Weather Service is urging people to stay off the streets unless travel is absolutely necessary, then it's appropriate for classes to be canceled.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Local Weather   Local Weather - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 9:06 am

dz724 wrote:
The Other One wrote:

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa.... Razz

You know that was a joke. Right?
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

PostSubject: Re: Local Weather   Local Weather - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 4:43 pm

The Other One wrote:

And finally, when the National Weather Service is urging people to stay off the streets unless travel is absolutely necessary, then it's appropriate for classes to be cancelled.

And that was my point exactly. Of course there will always be a few people who think that those advisories dont really apply to them.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Local Weather   Local Weather - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 5:22 pm

luv2cook wrote:
The Other One wrote:

And finally, when the National Weather Service is urging people to stay off the streets unless travel is absolutely necessary, then it's appropriate for classes to be cancelled.

And that was my point exactly. Of course there will always be a few people who think that those advisories dont really apply to them.

Or they think it shouldn't apply to people who might someday make more money than they do.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Local Weather   Local Weather - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 5:29 pm

The Other One wrote:
I challenge you to back up your statement about defending right wing elitists with some specific examples. Not just your hazy, distorted recollections, but actual quotes.

I look at each as an individual. You look at them as a group, and to you, everyone in the group is evil. To you, the people who have worked hard and built businesses in Hays, and who now live in better houses than you, are just as evil as Bernie Madoff.

And finally, when the National Weather Service is urging people to stay off the streets unless travel is absolutely necessary, then it's appropriate for classes to be canceled.

Now I know you are blinded by political crap. I have "NEVER" one time said that those willing to work hard and put out the extra effort don't deserve to profit. But you in your infinite wisdom won't acknowledge the difference between an honest hard working man or woman who builds their business with their own sweat, money, and energy and a man like Micheal Eisner who while running Disney was making in the range of $80,000 an hour while he cut the Disneyworld carpenters wages back to $7 an hour saying that was enough for a common laborer.

I simply stated that if someone wants to achieve they should put out at least as much effort as a common laborer. I have family who have become successful, but they damn well worked for it and they didn't stay home in the storms unless the roads were closed or impassable. I guarantee you that roads were just fine in this last storm as most of the snow blew off the highways and I didn't even need 4WD on the roads. In town was no big deal getting around either.

As far as the National Weather Service goes, they first of all, are not the ones who decide when to close roads. And second, they always advise against traveling one minute and then put on ski reports the next. They advise against dangerous storm chasing, then run a series where 2 guys using only cell phone radar chase tornadic storms, even in the dark. The Weather Service warns about lightning all the time and then show these same 2 guys getting out of their car to take photos when they are the tallest things around in the strike range of lightning.

As far as college kids go, the government tells them not to drink excessively or drive under the influence too but that never seems to stop them.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Local Weather   Local Weather - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 5:36 pm

Ratzilla wrote:
As far as the National Weather Service goes, they first of all, are not the ones who decide when to close roads. And second, they always advise against traveling one minute and then put on ski reports the next. They advise against dangerous storm chasing, then run a series where 2 guys using only cell phone radar chase tornadic storms, even in the dark. The Weather Service warns about lightning all the time and then show these same 2 guys getting out of their car to take photos when they are the tallest things around in the strike range of lightning.

The National Weather Service is not The Weather Channel, nor does the NWS do ski reports. If the NWS issues a Winter Storm Warning and advises you not to travel in a certain area, chances are that you should take their advice. And from what I understand, many if not most businesses in Hays were shut down by Tuesday afternoon. FHSU closed at noon. Sounds pretty reasonable.

Ratzilla wrote:
As far as college kids go, the government tells them not to drink excessively or drive under the influence too but that never seems to stop them.

So does that mean that some of them went to class anyway?
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Local Weather   Local Weather - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 6:02 pm

You are correct that The National Weather Service is not the Weather Channel. My apologies for that misleading statement. But The Weather Channel does use their reports and most viewers are not going to dispute their announcements as being unofficial since the warnings and forecasts are from the Weather Service.

And I doubt the students are going to try to go to school when they're told it's closed. But I bet alot of them found their way to bars and liquor stores.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Local Weather   Local Weather - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 6:15 pm

Ratzilla wrote:
You are correct that The National Weather Service is not the Weather Channel. My apologies for that misleading statement. But The Weather Channel does use their reports and most viewers are not going to dispute their announcements as being unofficial since the warnings and forecasts are from the Weather Service.

No, what you said was this:

Ratzilla wrote:
they always advise against traveling one minute and then put on ski reports the next. They advise against dangerous storm chasing, then run a series where 2 guys using only cell phone radar chase tornadic storms, even in the dark. The Weather Service warns about lightning all the time and then show these same 2 guys getting out of their car to take photos when they are the tallest things around in the strike range of lightning.

And what you said wasn't just misleading, it was completely false.

The Weather Channel, which is owned by NBC, which in turn is now owned by Comcast, does use NWS information. But so does every local station and national network in the country. However, the NWS has absolutely nothing to do with the programming at TWC.

Ratzilla wrote:
And I doubt the students are going to try to go to school when they're told it's closed. But I bet alot of them found their way to bars and liquor stores.

Lots of bars and liquor stores in Hays willing to sell to minors? If you have information on this, you should be contacting the HPD.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Local Weather   Local Weather - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 6:28 pm

So what? You tell false information about me in damn near every post. At least I admitted the mistake unlike some pompous fatheads.

Oh, damn, I'm sorry again. I forgot that all college students are only 18 years old. Rolling Eyes And of course they would never ever use a false ID or have a friend do the buying.

I apologize to Bighead. You are arguing more like mikecc.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Local Weather   Local Weather - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 6:41 pm

Ratzilla wrote:
So what? You tell false information about me in damn near every post.

Example? And we're talking information, not opinion.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Local Weather   Local Weather - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 6:56 pm

You repeatedly say that I don't think that the wealthy deserve to be so. You have just in recent posts claimed that I'm jealous of their wealth when that is completely untrue and you have nothing but your mere opinion to back the lie.

I do find it disgusting that government programs reward those who do not need the money. I do find it idiotic to pay a ball player tens of millions of dollars and charge the fans outrageous prices to cover it. That has done a great diservice to our colleges that now are more recognized for being stepping stones for athletes to get to the pros than for education.

But I do work for a man who is now quite wealthy by average standards and he built the company from the ground up. I admire those who work hard and build fortunes. I do not admire those who build fortunes and then expect government handouts on top of it while they bitch that their labor force doesn't deserve a decent living wage.

But according to you I just hate the wealthy. That sir, is a complete lie that you have told more than once.
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Number of posts : 3515

PostSubject: Re: Local Weather   Local Weather - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 8:47 pm

Ratz, Sorry, I find it hard to believe that you or anyone else would do otherwise if given the same opportunity as a ball-player or a CEO.
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

Number of posts : 3438

PostSubject: Re: Local Weather   Local Weather - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 8:49 pm

I had a chance to be rich and famous once... I chose to be infamous. OK, in my own mind.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=790394051
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Local Weather   Local Weather - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 11:48 pm

Ratzilla wrote:
You repeatedly say that I don't think that the wealthy deserve to be so. You have just in recent posts claimed that I'm jealous of their wealth when that is completely untrue and you have nothing but your mere opinion to back the lie.

I do find it disgusting that government programs reward those who do not need the money. I do find it idiotic to pay a ball player tens of millions of dollars and charge the fans outrageous prices to cover it. That has done a great diservice to our colleges that now are more recognized for being stepping stones for athletes to get to the pros than for education.

But I do work for a man who is now quite wealthy by average standards and he built the company from the ground up. I admire those who work hard and build fortunes. I do not admire those who build fortunes and then expect government handouts on top of it while they bitch that their labor force doesn't deserve a decent living wage.

But according to you I just hate the wealthy. That sir, is a complete lie that you have told more than once.

That, my boy, is the impression that you leave with your posts.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Local Weather   Local Weather - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 3:01 am

nitromaxx98 wrote:
Ratz, Sorry, I find it hard to believe that you or anyone else would do otherwise if given the same opportunity as a ball-player or a CEO.

That's where you're wrong nitro. I have had opportunities to be much better off financially than I am. But I couldn't bring myself to screw over others to do it. And that's not to say all CEO's are like that, but you get my point. Had I began at age 20 I might have been an honest success. But now I'm aging and tired and only extreme luck or a willingness for treachery would make me wealthy and it's not likely.

As far as being a ball player goes, I guess when they look into the stands and see some dumb bastard paying 7 or 8 bucks for a cup of beer and as much for a hotdog after already paying a huge chunk of cash just to get in, and seeing that fan also paid several times honest value for team memorabilia, they must only care about themselves too.

To me being a rich ball player would be like being a rich proctologist anyways. Money might be big, but I wouldn't like it.

Now if I could be a wealthy art or antique dealer selling the best stuff to other rich men, I could handle that quite well. Local Weather - Page 17 397852
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Local Weather   Local Weather - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 3:10 am

The Other One wrote:
Ratzilla wrote:

You leave the impression that you are a brainwashed Limbaugh watcher who would lick the hineys of wealthy republicans too. Are you?
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Local Weather   Local Weather - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 4:03 am

Ratzilla wrote:
The Other One wrote:
Ratzilla wrote:

You leave the impression that you are a brainwashed Limbaugh watcher who would lick the hineys of wealthy republicans too. Are you?

1. Limbaugh hasn't had a TV show since the mid-90s. I could look up the exact dates that his show was on the air, but I'm getting tired. If you want to know, you
can look it up yourself.

2. I have a job that requires me to work in the time that Limbaugh is on the radio. I haven't heard his show in years. Sean Hannity is on when I'm driving in the
afternoon. I usually listen because talk is better than anything else on the radio these days, but his style is annoying. I also listen to Alan Colmes if I'm driving in
the evenings. I rarely agree with him, but his show is interesting and his style is a lot better than Hannity's. Good thing, too. If you remember him from the
Hannity & Colmes TV show, you know he has a face made for radio.

3. I am a registered Libertarian. If some of my views are parallel to Republicans, then so be it. I also have positions on some issues that make Republicans' heads
explode.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Local Weather   Local Weather - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 7:05 pm

I was just thinking today that both of us have a favorable opinion of Ron Paul. He's pro business, but also was very much against the corporate bailouts. He's more common sense than politically motivated. You and I may see things closer than we think at times. I have some conservative views myself, alot of libertarian, and in a few things even liberals are not entirely wrong. But unlike many in politics I do not believe it's right to favor one part of society over another for their wealth, or lack of it.

Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Local Weather   Local Weather - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 11:41 pm

I understand it was beautiful, almost hot, in Hays today. I'm with my daughter making some college campus visits. We were in Kansas City last night. The weather was great and P.F. Chang's Pepper Steak is delicious. When we got off the plane in Boston this afternoon, it was snowing. It snowed all the way to Portland, and it's still snowing. As late as this afternoon, they said there would be no accumulation. There's at least two inches on the ground now. (Sound familiar in Hays?) Looks like the first day of spring was really nice there. It was more like the First Day of Christmas here. But then again, when it's 110 in July in Hays, it will be 75 here.
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

Number of posts : 3438

PostSubject: Re: Local Weather   Local Weather - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 11:16 am

Hmm... wonder what the summers are like in Knoxville.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=790394051
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Local Weather   Local Weather - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 4:15 pm

The weather was warm in Hays yesterday. And Sunday and today. Very nice start to spring but the warm days with no rain and wind are not good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Local Weather   Local Weather - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 8:11 pm

Rain coming thru on Thursday? Maybe fill up big creek a bit. I wonder if they are done with their cement work out by the swinging bridge?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Local Weather   Local Weather - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 10:44 am

Supposed to freeze tonight, going to break out some socks to go with my flip flops.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Local Weather   Local Weather - Page 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Local Weather
Page 17 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17