Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

Weather

Go down 
+21
lisav
Blackie Kuhn
slider
Roadstar
Oz
crutch51
bg0308
jessks75
alg8tr
LukeTHr
nitromaxx98
SlumberGirl
slickjay12
wilkykav2
Ratzilla
nobodysbusiness
Degeneration X
chiefsfan
Justoo
suzyj
SciFi
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Weather - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 9:11 pm

Possibly by falling on the ice changed certain events in her life that is preventing a real tragity on down the line, the effects my not be felt for generations, or the effects MAY be felt for generations. But it is all Gods Plan. God has blessed NB before, so shall she be blessed again. It is not for us to understand, it is but for us to serve.
Back to top Go down

Weather - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 9:11 pm

Page 4
Back to top Go down
Roadstar
Rookie
Rookie
Roadstar

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Weather - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 9:24 pm

I'm confused ... an agnostic that likes to decorate his place with Christmas lights, make up you mind rat.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Weather - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 9:34 pm

Yeah mike, I could say there must be some great plan from God for NB falling on the ice, but I prefer to live in reality. If you want to use "God's plan" to explain everything you don't understand that goes wrong that's your choice. But I've seen far too many suffer all the way to their grave believing their suffering was pre-planned and they could have had far better lives if they hadn't fell for such primitive mysticism.

Here's the facts. In winter the northern hemisphere tilts away from the sun and we get snow and ice. And I've met no one that's claimed responsibility for causing that, and I prefer not to take the words of some ancient Middle Eastern scribes who wrote of Gods while they were possibly intoxicated on wine and Hashish. So I can complain if I feel like it.

Roadstar.. I'm not a witch either, but I put one up at Halloween. Christmas lights stem from Pagan traditions anyways. And for that matter I don't have to be a practicing Christian to do things that will make a Christian person happy. That is the special thing of Agnosticism. I can take part in whatever traditions I feel like without upsetting the congregation. At Halloween I put up disgusting figures and witches because the kids, both young and old like it. At Christmas I put up lights for both those who celebrate Christmas, and those who just like seeing this dark dead season of the year brightened up.
Back to top Go down
slider
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
slider

Number of posts : 1289
Registration date : 2008-06-27

Weather - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 9:53 pm

Ratzilla, I too feel like you. The Catholic Religion has a jillion Pagan Rituals that they practice everyday, yet they want to go nail that Religion full of those very rituals on to the feet they feel in their heart are true Pagans and desperately need saving.

True to their beliefs, the Locals are now building a new Pagan Palace that will be even bigger than the one they currently occupy. They bitch every Sunday during the summer than the plate offerings need to be upped because of the a/c bills are high. When I was "Forced to become a Catholic" by my parents, we went to that same Church in 100 degree heat wearing a Wool Suit with 4 fans, one in every corner blowing hot air.

These are the same people now building a Church that is almost twice the square footage of the old one, tell me it will be cheaper to heat and cool? Religion is not encumbant on the size or the newness of the building it occupies as true Faith and/or Religion is what you hold in your heart not what you try to show off every Sunday at one of these Palaces.

What gets my goat is that every mass, a lay person is up handing out Communion, Reading Bible Passages and a host of other things that the Priests are now somehow too friggen lazy to perform. What kills me even more is the people that they choose to do these tasks are the same people that are cheating on theirs Spouses, screwing people out of money and property but yet on Sunday they are there just acting Holy as Hell, model members of the Church... Hypocrites one and all.
Back to top Go down
Degeneration X
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
Degeneration X

Number of posts : 1337
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Weather - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 10:33 pm

slider wrote:

What gets my goat is that every mass, a lay person is up handing out Communion, Reading Bible Passages and a host of other things that the Priests are now somehow too friggen lazy to perform. What kills me even more is the people that they choose to do these tasks are the same people that are cheating on theirs Spouses, screwing people out of money and property but yet on Sunday they are there just acting Holy as Hell, model members of the Church... Hypocrites one and all.
I couldn't agree with you more here. That's the reason why I don't go to church is just for the fact that the place is full of hypocrites.
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

Number of posts : 2299
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Weather - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 10:35 pm

fuck em all
Back to top Go down
SlumberGirl
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SlumberGirl

Number of posts : 1136

Weather - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 10:47 pm

I went to church a handful of times as a child. My mother and father-in-law were very, very religious. When I moved to their town, after getting married, they wanted me to go to church too. All I found were hypocrites. Went to a church here in town for awhile. I like that bumper sticker...something about...sitting in the garage doesn't make me a car anymore than going to church...something, something, something...
Back to top Go down
http://www.slumberpartiesbyvalarie.com
chiefsfan
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
chiefsfan

Number of posts : 595

Weather - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 10:56 pm

SlumberGirl wrote:
I went to church a handful of times as a child. My mother and father-in-law were very, very religious. When I moved to their town, after getting married, they wanted me to go to church too. All I found were hypocrites. Went to a church here in town for awhile. I like that bumper sticker...something about...sitting in the garage doesn't make me a car anymore than going to church...something, something, something...
I agree with the bumper sticker!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-13

Weather - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 10:58 pm

The folks who participate in the Catholic masses aren't chosen...they volunteer. I don't beleive they do background checks on who's passing out communion or door greeting etc.
Back to top Go down
slider
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
slider

Weather - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 11:21 pm

Blackie Kuhn wrote:
The folks who participate in the Catholic masses aren't chosen...they volunteer. I don't beleive they do background checks on who's passing out communion or door greeting etc.

They ought to do background checks to keep out the riff raff and the hypocrites. Makes you wonder if there isn't some the same people skimming a little off the top of the cash donations in the colection plate.

Furthermore, there is no reason to have lay people doing those things in church. Hell they want the parishioners to come in a clean the church, isn't that what the Janitorial staff is for? As for House Cleaning, maybe they (The Catholic Church) ought to do something house cleaning all of the Pedophiles they have in the Priest positions as well.
Back to top Go down
SlumberGirl
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SlumberGirl

Weather - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 12:05 am

Only been to Catholic churches for weddings/funerals (these two things could possibly be the same thing though lol). I once recall going to church and the collection basket was passed four times in an hour, all for very different reasons of course. That was the last time that I attended that church.
Back to top Go down
nobodysbusiness
Admin
Admin
nobodysbusiness

Number of posts : 2062

Weather - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 12:12 am

um, back to topic? lol
Back to top Go down
SlumberGirl
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SlumberGirl

Weather - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 12:16 am

Oh, yeah, it's freaking cold outside and I feel so bad that the hubby is out working in this crap. Can I pass around the collection plate so he won't have to go to work any longer? bounce lol! Weather - Page 4 847999 Weather - Page 4 365653
Back to top Go down
nobodysbusiness
Admin
Admin
nobodysbusiness

Weather - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 12:20 am

yeah its damn cold here too... bout time for me to pop a percocet and go to bed! I'm afraid I wont be able to get up in the mornin, lol. So much for more unpacking and baking cookies!
Back to top Go down
nobodysbusiness
Admin
Admin
nobodysbusiness

Weather - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 12:21 am

8 degrees, feels like -2, BLEH!
Back to top Go down
SlumberGirl
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SlumberGirl

Weather - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 12:28 am

Have you already moved NB?
Back to top Go down
nobodysbusiness
Admin
Admin
nobodysbusiness

Weather - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 12:33 am

not completely, we have until Dec 31. We are just here for the weekend/christmas.
Back to top Go down
SlumberGirl
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SlumberGirl

Weather - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 12:39 am

Here as in Hoxie? Isn't it fun to move? I love being in a new place and even years later finding better ways to move things around and make them better.
Back to top Go down
nobodysbusiness
Admin
Admin
nobodysbusiness

Weather - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 12:44 am

its awesome, and having a huge kitchen is GREAT!!!
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812

Weather - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 7:56 am

nobodysbusiness wrote:

I'm jealous. I want a bigger kitchen.

Weather - Page 4 663906

We ran out of degrees! My digital thermometer says 0.0°.
The temperature is "nothing".
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

Number of posts : 3438

Weather - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 11:52 am

nobodysbusiness wrote:
When we moved into this house, I was so excited because the kitchen is easily 5x the size of the one I had in Salina. Soon, you'll realize that it doesn't matter how big your kitchen is, it'll never have enough room. Mine is so full of stuff, I need to build pantry shelves for all the extra. lol!

BTW... it's a balmy 3° in tiny town!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=790394051
crutch51
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
crutch51

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Weather - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 11:58 am

The bigger the kitchen the bigger the mess!!!
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

Number of posts : 2245

Weather - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 2:44 pm

crutch51 wrote:
The bigger the kitchen the bigger the mess!!!

Very true!!
Back to top Go down
Degeneration X
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
Degeneration X

Weather - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 6:51 pm

Somewhere over the Rainbow there is a warmer climate.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Weather - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 12:31 am

Degeneration X wrote:
Somewhere over the Rainbow there is a warmer climate.

Only problem this time of year you gotta move south to find a rainbow.
Back to top Go down

Weather - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 12:32 am

A God given rainbow.
Back to top Go down
crutch51
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
crutch51

Weather - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 12:36 am

thread got lost...
Back to top Go down
SlumberGirl
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SlumberGirl

Weather - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 12:38 am

Um, I think it's still cold outside, haven't been out in awhile. The 17 year old just go home and she was talking about how cold it was...

Weather - Page 4 365653
Back to top Go down

Weather - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 12:40 am

Nothing got froze up on my tour......Gotta keep everthing "unthawed" ya know.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Weather - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 12:43 am

mikecc wrote:
A God given rainbow.

They quite often follow those other great gifts from the heavens called hail and tornados. Sometimes those tornados even go to church and send a few members of the congregation to thank God personally for ripping their bodies apart in 200 mile an hour winds before shoving their face in the dirt. Hellelujah!! cheers
Back to top Go down

Weather - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 12:46 am

All god given. Enjoy.
Back to top Go down
crutch51
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
crutch51

Weather - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 12:49 am

Does your tour include 80 year olds sitting on toilets in a rest room talking about how many times a day they need to go?
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Weather - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 3:17 am

I had a pipe under the kitchen freeze up. Guess the slow drip was too slow, but after running the clothes dryer exhaust under the house for about 45 minutes it broke loose with no broken pipes. If we were having high temps in the upper 20's or 30's with lows in the teens I wouldn't like it, but I wouldn't grumble too much. If I wanted the single digit temps and sub zero wind chill crap I'd move to Minnesota.
Back to top Go down
bg0308
Rookie
Rookie
bg0308

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Weather - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 4:31 pm

Oz wrote:
I think the parking lot at The Mall could double as an ice skating rink at times. I always see people slipping and sliding in the parking lot.

The Mall's maintenance really sucked at cleaning the parking lot when I lived in Hays. I felt like I was scaling glaciers in Antarctica or something.

I know they were worthless last year... I was about 7 months pregnant and fell in their parking lot. I was not a happy camper and either was the hubby. Thankfully it didn't make me go into labor early!
Back to top Go down
lisav
Rookie
Rookie
lisav

Number of posts : 454
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Weather - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 5:01 pm

Smote?
Back to top Go down
slider
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
slider

Weather - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 5:41 pm

It is the plural of smite ... maybe at least on this Forum. tongue
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Weather - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 7:20 pm

smite (smīt) Pronunciation Key
v. smote (smōt), smit·ten (smĭt'n) or smote, smit·ing, smites

v. tr.

1. To inflict a heavy blow on, with or as if with the hand, a tool, or a weapon.
2. To drive or strike (a weapon, for example) forcefully onto or into something else.
3. To afflict: The population was smitten by the plague.
4. To afflict retributively; chasten or chastise.
2. To attack, damage, or destroy by or as if by blows.
1. To afflict: The population was smitten by the plague.
2. To afflict retributively; chasten or chastise.
4. To affect sharply with great feeling: He was smitten by deep remorse.

v. intr.
To deal a blow with or as if with the hand or a hand-held weapon.

[Middle English smiten, from Old English smītan, to smear.]
smit'er n.
smote (smōt) Pronunciation Key
v. Past tense and a past participle of smite.
The American Heritage®️ Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright ©️ 2006 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Weather - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 7:36 pm

Smit..... How old Hace folk say Smith.

Smote.... What Buckwheat did with a cigarette.
Back to top Go down
Degeneration X
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
Degeneration X

Weather - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 12:12 am

This is probably the 2nd snow that I can remember happening on my birthday. It looks like we will have a white christmas after all.
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

Number of posts : 2299

Weather - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 12:31 am

it will snow on my birthday to just to remind what a loser I am
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

Weather - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 12:35 am

it sure is coming downWeather - Page 4 Cold
Back to top Go down
chiefsfan
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
chiefsfan

Number of posts : 595

Weather - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 12:38 am

Sad
Back to top Go down
slider
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
slider

Weather - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 12:55 am

Hate the winter, I can deal with snow. Ice isn't very good for those who have artificial joints. Snow on top of ice is a Killer.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Weather - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 1:51 am

Had to slow down to 30 on old 40 for a mile or so about 3 or 4 miles east of Ellis due to near white out conditions. But the rest of the road between Ellis and Hays I drove about 50 with no trouble. Alot of sleet in it by Hays.
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

Number of posts : 3438

Weather - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 11:12 am

We've got silver dollar sized snow flakes, here in tiny town. Yippee... Weather - Page 4 673577

My daffodils and hyacinths are already poking through the ground. It's too early. I hope they survive. My crocuses are still under ground, which is odd. They're usually poking through the first week of Feb. My flowers are confused. scratch
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=790394051
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Weather - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 11:47 am

I could send out the flower whisperer, unless you think standard therapy will help your flowers.

How do they feel about their mother?
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

Weather - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 12:37 am

Where's my winter I love so much??? scratch
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675

Weather - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 12:48 am

Justoo wrote:
I could send out the flower whisperer, unless you think standard therapy will help your flowers.

How do they feel about their mother?

She was a pretty dim bulb.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Weather - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 6:01 am

wilkykav2 wrote:
Where's my winter I love so much??? scratch

I'm sure all those without power in the ice storms and blizzards, and all the Florida fruit growers, and all who lost loved ones on icy roads, and all those with bronchitis, emphysema, colds, flu, ear infections, and other assorted winter ailments would be happy to give you their share if you'd just bend over so it can be placed properly. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Weather - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weather
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next