Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

Weather

Go down 
+21
lisav
Blackie Kuhn
slider
Roadstar
Oz
crutch51
bg0308
jessks75
alg8tr
LukeTHr
nitromaxx98
SlumberGirl
slickjay12
wilkykav2
Ratzilla
nobodysbusiness
Degeneration X
chiefsfan
Justoo
suzyj
SciFi
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
bg0308
Rookie
Rookie
bg0308

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Weather - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 9:33 am

of course school for 489... looks like my son is going to be "sick" today. My car has too much ice on it to even open the doors, plus I'm not going to risk falling with a little baby! Kaufman needs to pull his head out of his ass!
Back to top Go down
crutch51
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
crutch51

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Weather - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 10:56 am

No shit! My daughter says it's pretty much a do nothing day. Her bus driver was in an accident already this week,so why put anyone at risk.Makes no sense to me.
Back to top Go down
nobodysbusiness
Admin
Admin
nobodysbusiness

Number of posts : 2062
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Weather - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 11:00 am

my kids were pissed this morning.
Back to top Go down
bg0308
Rookie
Rookie
bg0308

Weather - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 11:18 am

my father-in-law works for KDOT and he had guys working til 2am... and interstate was still slick in spots this morning. At least TMP and HFE are smart.... should've sent my son there, if only we could afford it!
Back to top Go down

Weather - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 11:33 am

Ratzilla wrote:
mikecc wrote:
Every day is a God given delight and should be treated as such. Complaining about the weather is like telling God to go fuck Himself.

If you ever have another car slide into you on ice and end up paralyzed shitting in your diaper the rest of your days will you still think it's a delight?

May be just deserts for telling God to go fuck Himself. WTF is the matter with you? Jeeze.
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Weather - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 3:12 pm

there was a real bad wreck on I-70 at the 141 eastbound. a fedex truck hit an overpass and the truck just came apart. the engine was sent one direction, the transmission another and the cab and trailers off another way. the driver did survive tho. just a real traffic mess
Back to top Go down
bg0308
Rookie
Rookie
bg0308

Weather - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 3:27 pm

I think there was another one over by ellis this morning... i didn't catch the call out, but what I gathered was a car ran into a semi maybe? There were 4 people in the car but they were all refusing care.
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

Weather - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 4:17 pm

Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

Number of posts : 3438

Weather - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 4:22 pm

crap! That's scary stuff.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=790394051
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

Number of posts : 2299

Weather - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 5:54 pm

i like the picture of the cops standing around the transmission
Back to top Go down
chiefsfan
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
chiefsfan

Number of posts : 595

Weather - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 6:57 pm

Holy shit!!!!! Great pictures by the way!!
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Weather - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 9:04 pm

mikecc wrote:
Ratzilla wrote:
mikecc wrote:
Every day is a God given delight and should be treated as such. Complaining about the weather is like telling God to go fuck Himself.

If you ever have another car slide into you on ice and end up paralyzed shitting in your diaper the rest of your days will you still think it's a delight?

May be just deserts for telling God to go fuck Himself. WTF is the matter with you? Jeeze.

You're the one talking about telling the sky man to hose himself. I'm just wanting to be watching while you tell a bunch of ice related accident victims how they should be singing zippety doo dah.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Weather - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 9:09 pm

slickjay12 wrote:
i like the picture of the cops standing around the transmission

Those aren't cops. Smile
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

Weather - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 10:12 pm

LukeTHr wrote:
the driver did survive tho. just a real traffic mess

Is he OK, though?

I hate double and triple trailers.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Weather - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 10:28 pm

bg0308 wrote:
I think there was another one over by ellis this morning... i didn't catch the call out, but what I gathered was a car ran into a semi maybe? There were 4 people in the car but they were all refusing care.

A car hit the back of a UPS truck. No injuries, just a shaken family that wasn't used to driving on ice. Some drivers were insane this morning driving 60 on a sheet of ice. I watched 4 cars almost bumper to bumper probably doing 50 that had a truck come up even faster from behind, but the idiot in the truck managed to slow down just before he got to them without losing control.

There should be tests in ice driving simulators required to get a license with stiff fines for driving beyond safe limits or tailgating. More accidents happen from stupidity on ice than drunk driving.
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

Weather - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 10:34 pm

suzyr wrote:
LukeTHr wrote:
the driver did survive tho. just a real traffic mess

Is he OK, though?

I hate double and triple trailers.

From what I have heard he had some cuts and bruises. Considering the way the truck looked that ain't bad at all
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

Weather - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 10:38 pm

I had my CB base on when the fedex wreck happened and man it sounded crazy there as the word first started to travel on the radio.
Back to top Go down

Weather - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 11:00 pm

Ratzilla wrote:
mikecc wrote:
Ratzilla wrote:
mikecc wrote:

You're the one talking about telling the sky man to hose himself. I'm just wanting to be watching while you tell a bunch of ice related accident victims how they should be singing zippety doo dah.

Don't blame God and ice because some dumbass knows not how to drive a car. Blame Henry Ford.
Back to top Go down
SlumberGirl
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SlumberGirl

Number of posts : 1136

Weather - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 11:02 pm

Mike, what is your avatar? I can't figure it out. scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.slumberpartiesbyvalarie.com

Weather - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 11:05 pm

A juction box with a shit pot of wires in it.
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

Weather - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 12:14 am

SlumberGirl wrote:

I like my avatar better
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Weather - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 12:24 am

mikecc wrote:
Don't blame God and ice because some dumbass knows not how to drive a car. Blame Henry Ford.

And do we blame Henry Ford for all the falls on ice too? Yeah I know, when there's ice out you're just supposed to stay in your house till it thaws and look out the window with rapture over the day because God will pay your bills.

I guess we gotta blame Eve mike. Cause if she hadn't listened to a talking snake in your favorite fairy tale the hero of the fable wouldn't have got pissed at her for being a disobedient slave and he wouldn't have created ice storms and we'd all be frolicking naked in a warm forest. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

Weather - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 12:28 am

<---------- not a good idea to frolic naked........
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Weather - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 12:33 am

LukeTHr wrote:
<---------- not a good idea to frolic naked........

It'd be good with the girl from slick's Santa thread. But not outside tonight.
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

Weather - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 12:35 am

video of fedex wreck (after-like the pics)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMEMO6GWW4I
Back to top Go down
SlumberGirl
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SlumberGirl

Weather - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 12:50 am

LukeTHr wrote:
SlumberGirl wrote:

I like my avatar better

Yes, your avatar is hot, though she looks like she has stuff hanging at times. lol!

Did you see that pic that slick posted?? Now that's even better. Weather - Page 3 397852 Weather - Page 3 530931
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Number of posts : 3515

Weather - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 12:57 am

SlumberGirl wrote:
Did you see that pic that slick posted?? Now that's even better. Weather - Page 3 397852 Weather - Page 3 530931

That was you?
Back to top Go down
SlumberGirl
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SlumberGirl

Weather - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 12:58 am

Yeah, about 25 years ago. chuckle chuckle lol!
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Number of posts : 3515

Weather - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 1:00 am

SlumberGirl wrote:
Yeah, about 25 years ago. chuckle chuckle lol!

Rolling Eyes

You, ma'am, are still a fine lady, and your husband is a lucky man.
Back to top Go down
SlumberGirl
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SlumberGirl

Weather - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 1:02 am

Awe, you are too sweet! Where is that blushy smiley face that Suzy gives me?

BTW, I will have to remind him. lol!
Back to top Go down

Weather - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 11:22 am

Ratzilla wrote:
mikecc wrote:

And do we blame Henry Ford for all the falls on ice too? Yeah I know, when there's ice out you're just supposed to stay in your house till it thaws and look out the window with rapture over the day because God will pay your bills.

I guess we gotta blame Eve mike. Cause if she hadn't listened to a talking snake in your favorite fairy tale the hero of the fable wouldn't have got pissed at her for being a disobedient slave and he wouldn't have created ice storms and we'd all be frolicking naked in a warm forest. Rolling Eyes

You really should keep your medications out of direct sunlight.
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

Weather - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 12:38 pm

SlumberGirl wrote:
Where is that blushy smiley face that Suzy gives me?

It's in the list of smileys.

Embarassed Razz What a Face
Back to top Go down
nobodysbusiness
Admin
Admin
nobodysbusiness

Weather - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 2:05 pm

Fell on the ice a bit ago - pretty sure I wont be able to move in a few hours. Gawd I hate winter.
Back to top Go down
chiefsfan
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
chiefsfan

Number of posts : 595

Weather - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 2:16 pm

Aw friend are you ok? That sucks!
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

Weather - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 2:26 pm

nobodysbusiness wrote:
Fell on the ice a bit ago - pretty sure I wont be able to move in a few hours. Gawd I hate winter.

don't feel too bad, I went down like a ton of bricks yesterday for the first time in ages. I surprised myself by how good I still bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
nobodysbusiness
Admin
Admin
nobodysbusiness

Weather - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 4:21 pm

I didn't bounce. I am hurting all over - and my right wrist is hurting, I tried to break my fall. I am just happy I wasn't holding Alex at the time.
Back to top Go down
Oz
Rookie
Rookie
Oz

Number of posts : 272

Weather - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 6:00 pm

I think the parking lot at The Mall could double as an ice skating rink at times. I always see people slipping and sliding in the parking lot.

The Mall's maintenance really sucked at cleaning the parking lot when I lived in Hays. I felt like I was scaling glaciers in Antarctica or something.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Weather - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 7:13 pm

LukeTHr wrote:
nobodysbusiness wrote:

don't feel too bad, I went down like a ton of bricks yesterday for the first time in ages. I surprised myself by how good I still bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

Hallelujah and praise the Lord brothers and sisters!! Bow down and thank thy almighty God for the special treat he has cast upon you!! Thank him, I say thank him, and beg that he might create more pitfalls in the weather that you may break your bones and spill your blood!!

Cheer for that ice and rejoice that it's slippery surface has been given to you to bounce thy butts off of, for to complain is to spit in the face of your god!! So sayeth reverend mike.

How's that mike? Was that the proper voodoo language or do I need to shake a rattle and cast chicken bones about as I say thanks for my friends falling on their asses?
Back to top Go down
alg8tr
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
alg8tr

Number of posts : 584

Weather - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 7:46 pm

It is deadly cold....14....this is what I got frost bite working in in 1988. Slicker than mucus on a brass door knob!!!!! cyclops Weather - Page 3 530931
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigalstoons.net
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Weather - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 8:00 pm

How dare you complain al. That frostbite was God's gift to you.

You're a bad man. You're a very bad man!

Weather - Page 3 Twilight-zone-good-life-anthony-freemont

Smile
Back to top Go down
nobodysbusiness
Admin
Admin
nobodysbusiness

Weather - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 8:13 pm

I feel worse the further into the day I get... I can't imagine what tomorrow is gonna be like. ICE SUCKS!
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Weather - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 8:18 pm

nobodysbusiness wrote:
I feel worse the further into the day I get... I can't imagine what tomorrow is gonna be like. ICE SUCKS!

BLASPHEMY!!!!! Delight in God's ice NB!! You're a bad ma..... um... uh.. I mean

You're a bad girl. You're a very bad girl! Weather - Page 3 Twilight-zone-good-life-anthony-freemont

lol!
Back to top Go down
alg8tr
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
alg8tr

Number of posts : 584

Weather - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 8:19 pm

Will Robinson? Danger!
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigalstoons.net
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

Weather - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 8:20 pm

I need to live somewhere that doesn't freeze.

I hate the c-c-c-c-cold wind!
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Weather - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 8:26 pm

It's from and old Twilight Zone episode where a kid has total power over the community and doesn't like what he calls bad thoughts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It's_a_Good_Life_(The_Twilight_Zone)

Sorry it doesn't want to link right.
Back to top Go down

Weather - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 8:42 pm

nobodysbusiness wrote:

Do you blame God for your misfortunes? Ratzilla seems to think that God layed down some Ice so He can collect your blood. If you (Ratzilla) don't like Ice, why don't you just move the hell out of Hays instead of complaining about it? There are plenty of places that God chooses to not grace with chilly weather. You choose to live in an area that God does grace with cold weather, and you, my man, CHOOSE to live here. The Good Lord CHOOSES to grace us with Ice on such a glorious day. Possibly just for you. enjoy it, or move. Nobody else but the white man decides to take up residence in North West Kansas in the wintertime. Perhaps it is you that is the dumbfuck, NOT God. Possibly it is YOUR God that is a dumbfuck. My God would smote the likes of you. So You better watch out, You better not cry, Better not pout, I'm telling you why.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Weather - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 8:53 pm

mikecc wrote:
Perhaps it is you that is the dumbfuck, NOT God. Possibly it is YOUR God that is a dumbfuck. My God would smote the likes of you. So You better watch out, You better not cry, Better not pout, I'm telling you why.

ROTFLMAO.. You speak of God and then quote lyrics from a song about Santa Clause? LMAO Yer a riot mikey. I might choose to live in Kansas (cause I was born here) but you seem to be living in the land of make believe mike. I'm Agnostic mike, you're wasting your words.

Hey alg8tor, here's that Twilight Zone clip.

Back to top Go down

Weather - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 9:03 pm

A person who holds that the existence of the ultimate cause, as God, and the essential nature of things are unknown and unknowable, or that human knowledge is limited to experience? Agnosticism is the philosophical view that the truth value of certain claims — particularly metaphysical claims regarding theology, afterlife or the existence of deities, ghosts, or even ultimate reality — is unknown or, depending on the form of agnosticism, inherently impossible to prove or disprove. It is often put forth as a middle ground between theism and atheism.

From the dictionary, and Wikipedia.

I shall take it upon myself, and as God as my Witness, You SHALL be saved!!!
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Weather - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 9:08 pm

I feel so relieved mike. Smile That Twilight Zone episode reminds me alot of this thread. Anthony (The kid playing God) makes it snow on the crops. but his dad has to tell him it's a good thing he made it snow so he won't feel Anthony's wrath.

Ask God not to send us to the cornfield mike. It's a good thing NB fell on the ice. It's real good he made that ice. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

Number of posts : 2245

Weather - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 9:08 pm

Wikipedia is all knowing.Bow down Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Weather - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather   Weather - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weather
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next