Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

Winter Weather!!

Go down 
+10
luv2cook
slickjay12
Ratzilla
The Other One
Bighead
jessks75
suzyj
Blackie Kuhn
Justoo
wilkykav2
14 posters
AuthorMessage
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

Number of posts : 2245
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Winter Weather!! Empty
PostSubject: Winter Weather!!   Winter Weather!! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 10:57 am

Sooooooo excited!!!!Jess is too so tongue

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN DODGE CITY HAS ISSUED A WINTERSTORM WATCH...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY EVENING THROUGH MONDAY AFTERNOON- LOCALLY HEAVY SNOWFALL MAY OCCUR SUNDAY NIGHT AND MONDAY. STORM TOTAL SNOWFALL OF 8 TO 10 INCHES affraid WITH LOCAL AMOUNTS NEAR A FOOT WILL OCCUR
Winter Weather!! 629896
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Winter Weather!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Weather!!   Winter Weather!! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 12:16 pm

Time to get the snowblower ready. Winter Weather!! 128512
Back to top Go down
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-13

Winter Weather!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Weather!!   Winter Weather!! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 12:23 pm

Time to fly south for the winter.
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

Number of posts : 3438

Winter Weather!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Weather!!   Winter Weather!! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 12:41 pm

Blackie Kuhn wrote:
Time to fly south for the winter.

Winter Weather!! 397852
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=790394051
jessks75
All Star
All Star
jessks75

Number of posts : 2007

Winter Weather!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Weather!!   Winter Weather!! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 1:06 pm

Im STOKED!!! Oh ya STOKED!!!! Winter Weather!! 555861
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jessks75
Bighead
All Star
All Star
Bighead

Number of posts : 1539

Winter Weather!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Weather!!   Winter Weather!! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 1:38 pm

Sucks to be ya'll. We're just going to have a little rain here in Wichita... not even going to get near freezing.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675

Winter Weather!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Weather!!   Winter Weather!! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 5:33 pm

Ever notice that whenever the weatherman says "snow" or "tornado," people in Hays say, "Yeah, right."
Back to top Go down
jessks75
All Star
All Star
jessks75

Winter Weather!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Weather!!   Winter Weather!! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 6:01 pm

Thats cause Ellis Co is in some sort of weather bubble!!!!! We are protected against weather for some reason!
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Winter Weather!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Weather!!   Winter Weather!! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 6:28 pm

wilkykav2 wrote:
STORM TOTAL SNOWFALL OF 8 TO 10 INCHES affraid WITH LOCAL AMOUNTS NEAR A FOOT WILL OCCUR
Winter Weather!! 629896

Ist verboten!! Evil or Very Mad Ratz Christmas lights are not up yet.
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

Number of posts : 2299

Winter Weather!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Weather!!   Winter Weather!! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 8:42 pm

YAY SNOW
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Winter Weather!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Weather!!   Winter Weather!! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 12:13 am

Yay car wrecks. Yay old ladies breaking their hips falling on the ice. Yeah old men having heart attacks shoveling snow. Yay an ear infection that won't clear up till spring. Yay power outages. Yay getting stranded on country roads. Yay tearing mufflers off on Hays streets that don't get plowed.

2 or 3 inches at a time that'll be off the streets and sidewalks fast and only after all the lights are up would look nice but no more. Otherwise F@#K SNOW!!

That's my 2 cents. Smile
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

Winter Weather!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Weather!!   Winter Weather!! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 12:36 am

All that sucks-but I still love snow Razz
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Winter Weather!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Weather!!   Winter Weather!! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 12:53 am

Passing Dorrance on the interstate right now. No snow here.
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

Number of posts : 1170
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Winter Weather!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Weather!!   Winter Weather!! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 1:13 am

Not supposed to start until tomorrow late morning.

I hope we get a bunch! Smile
Back to top Go down
Samwitty
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Samwitty

Number of posts : 873

Winter Weather!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Weather!!   Winter Weather!! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 1:23 am

Snow Sucks Winter Weather!! 987844

Back in high school, a friend of mine and I had many adventures trying to defy the snow and go out driving anyway. We'd load down his trunk with cinder blocks and any other kind of heavy things we could find laying around (which DID help) before heading out into the winter wonderland of white, cold, nasty shit. I remember a lot of sliding around aimlessly, and I remember distinctly getting stuck in a ditch one time and having to have some old guy help us dig one of the tires out. Though, I think I may have been driving on THAT particular trip...whoops, never mind that last part!

Anyway, as I was saying, there are a myriad of reasons to loathe snow. "But it closes down school!" you say. "It's fun to play in!" or "It looks so pretty all over the ground!" Who the hell cares? It's cold as shit, it's miserable to be in, it looks like crap when it's all brown and muddy in misshapen heaps on the side of the grimy salted road, and most of all, it GETS IN MY WAY. I HATE things that get in my way, be it snow or people who don't know how to drive. Nobody around here knows how to drive and you can't go anywhere without passing twenty accidents, even if you're staying within the bounds of your own neighborhood. Icy, snow conditions just plain suck for driving

The absolute WORST (and no doubt the most pathetic) thing about snow though in my area is that the very SECOND that it's announced on the radio or television, the bumbling HORDE of humanity flows forth from their homes with riot-like urgency, just so they can get to the grocery store to buy bread and milk! Even the old man comes down from the mountain to get in my way when I'm trying to get to work! Or I'll be in the store doing some REAL shopping when the swarm decides to drop in and rush the place like a mob of starving Ethiopians.

I'm puzzled. What exactly is it about milk that apparently makes it NECESSARY for survival?? Is this something you can't live without for two days, even though the old carton you had was already forming lumps from its complete lack of use in the back of the fridge? Look at vegans, they live without milk ALL the time and they get by. If you can call their frail withering frames any sort of "life" at all, that is. Okay, bad example. I just destroyed my own argument. Alright, you can HAVE your milk! Just stay OUT of my way when you're getting it! The fact remains, that carton of milk will go lumpy too (especially after the power goes out), and snow STILL sucks. Winter Weather!! 847999
Back to top Go down
http://www.biteme.com
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

Winter Weather!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Weather!!   Winter Weather!! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 1:46 am

It's not just bread and milk. How about pop tarts,pizza rolls and pepsi.can't go a day without that shit.
Back to top Go down
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

Winter Weather!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Weather!!   Winter Weather!! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 1:49 am

All those that love snow obviously aren't hampered by it or haven't spent enough time behind a shovel...Bring on some rain!
Back to top Go down
jessks75
All Star
All Star
jessks75

Winter Weather!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Weather!!   Winter Weather!! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 3:54 am

The snow we get in Kansas isnt NOTHING compared to other places Ive been, the last couple of years ive been thankful just to see the snow around here.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Winter Weather!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Weather!!   Winter Weather!! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 6:21 am

Blackie Kuhn wrote:
All those that love snow obviously aren't hampered by it or haven't spent enough time behind a shovel...Bring on some rain!

When I was a kid I used to think it was great, but that's only because I knew the warmth and safety of the house was close by. But I was younger, healthier, and hadn't seen the bad side of it yet.

I don't mean to bring anyone down who can see some fun in it. By all means have a good time. I'll sit here with my plugged up ear hoping it doesn't get infected and make plans on how I might put up lights if it's a light snow with a quick warm up.
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

Number of posts : 1170
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Winter Weather!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Weather!!   Winter Weather!! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 2:20 pm

looks like as usual Hays isnt going to get anything Sad
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

Number of posts : 1936

Winter Weather!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Weather!!   Winter Weather!! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 3:41 pm

shovels? I don't need no stinking shovels....... I have a snow blower
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Winter Weather!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Weather!!   Winter Weather!! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 3:58 pm

LukeTHr wrote:

I was looking at those in Hays Friday when a guy was loading one up he just bought. Looked at a chainsaw, Christmas yard displays, and ladders too. Which will I be needing first?
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

Winter Weather!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Weather!!   Winter Weather!! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 7:11 pm

FML. scratch where's the snow-once again.
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

Winter Weather!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Weather!!   Winter Weather!! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 7:39 pm

Ratzilla wrote:
LukeTHr wrote:

I was looking at those in Hays Friday when a guy was loading one up he just bought. Looked at a chainsaw, Christmas yard displays, and ladders too. Which will I be needing first?

at the rate the snow forcast keeps getting reduced, it won't be a snowblower
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Winter Weather!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Weather!!   Winter Weather!! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 8:11 pm

Maybe the ladder now. They can't make up their minds as usual. First they forecast rain, then a couple inches of snow, then heavy snow, then back to light snow. I wondered where they figured heavy snow was going to be coming from when the same forecasters were saying temps in the mid 30's.

I was prepared to start messing with indoor Christmas set ups, but now I think I'll get out the outdoor stuff and start changing bad bulbs out.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Winter Weather!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Weather!!   Winter Weather!! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 8:12 pm

wilkykav2 wrote:
FML. scratch where's the snow-once again.

There's likely going to be some light snows moving in soon. As soon as the lights are up and Thanksgiving is done, then you can have your big snow.

Trust me and don't beg for big snows early or you'll spend the winter bitching about how cold it is and the ice that won't melt, cars that won't start, frozen pipes, and bad streets that never got cleaned.

Big snows in Feburary or March go away fairly soon, but right now days are getting shorter and the ground may soon be cold enough to maintain an ice sheet. And since a snow pack lowers daily highs by 10 to 20 degrees I'm not anxious to see a big one this early.
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

Winter Weather!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Weather!!   Winter Weather!! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 12:04 am

well, there ya go, the snow all missed us.......hope you're all happy Mad
Back to top Go down
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

Winter Weather!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Weather!!   Winter Weather!! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 1:11 am

I'm happy! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Samwitty
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Samwitty

Winter Weather!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Weather!!   Winter Weather!! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 2:34 am

I'm happy! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Winter Weather!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Weather!!   Winter Weather!! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 2:49 am

LukeTHr wrote:
well, there ya go, the snow all missed us.......hope you're all happy Mad

Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

Number of posts : 3438

Winter Weather!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Weather!!   Winter Weather!! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 9:33 am

Great! It appears, we're going to be getting what you were supposed to. 4-8 inches (hush, Nitro and Ratz) of snow predicted for Jackson County. It is snowing as I type. Mad YUCK!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=790394051
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Winter Weather!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Weather!!   Winter Weather!! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 3:37 pm

cheers Winter Weather!! 862468 Winter Weather!! 397852 Winter Weather!! 364910 Winter Weather!! 6729 Winter Weather!! 952780 Winter Weather!! 905892 Winter Weather!! 3074
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

Winter Weather!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Weather!!   Winter Weather!! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 4:39 pm

Ratzilla wrote:
cheers Winter Weather!! 862468 Winter Weather!! 397852 Winter Weather!! 364910 Winter Weather!! 6729 Winter Weather!! 952780 Winter Weather!! 905892 Winter Weather!! 3074

Winter Weather!! 572237 Winter Weather!! 572237 Winter Weather!! 572237
Back to top Go down
Degeneration X
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
Degeneration X

Number of posts : 1337

Winter Weather!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Weather!!   Winter Weather!! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 5:47 pm

The weather here in KC has been weird all day. I left Gardner this morning and there was a little sleet falling. I was up on I-35 near Johnson Dr earlier and it was snowing a bit but now it has quit and is quite chilly here.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Winter Weather!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Weather!!   Winter Weather!! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 6:32 pm

They knew how it was supposed to be 100 years ago.

Thanksgiving should look like this.

Winter Weather!! Postcard10

Winter Weather!! Dg25134

Winter Weather!! Vintage-thanksgiving-farm-harvest-postcard

Winter Weather!! Thanksgiving+postcard+vintage

Christmas should look like this.

Winter Weather!! Xmas-4-16-c

Winter Weather!! Xmas03

Winter Weather!! Xmas02

Winter Weather!! Merry-christmas-holiday-children-sleigh-2

Your snow will come. Let it come when it's supposed to. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Winter Weather!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Weather!!   Winter Weather!! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 8:10 pm

Are we supposed to dress funny like that?
Back to top Go down
dz724
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 919

Winter Weather!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Weather!!   Winter Weather!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 12:54 am

Degeneration X wrote:
The weather here in KC has been weird all day. I left Gardner this morning and there was a little sleet falling. I was up on I-35 near Johnson Dr earlier and it was snowing a bit but now it has quit and is quite chilly here.

Its been sleeting and flurries here since about 8 this evening and it rained here most of the day just like DX said, its very wet, I'm sure the roads will be TERRIBLE tomorrow. I wasn't ready for winter.
Suz- have fun with your snow! I love you
Hays- sorry about your luck Wink
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Winter Weather!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Weather!!   Winter Weather!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 1:04 am

Justoo wrote:
Are we supposed to dress funny like that?

I meant those cards are how the weather should look on each holiday. You don't have to dress any funnier than usual. Smile
Back to top Go down
Samwitty
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Samwitty

Winter Weather!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Weather!!   Winter Weather!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 2:28 am

Justoo dresses funny anyway. Winter Weather!! 128512
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

Winter Weather!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Weather!!   Winter Weather!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 2:03 pm

Ratzilla wrote:
They knew how it was supposed to be 100 years ago.

Thanksgiving should look like this.

Winter Weather!! Postcard10

Winter Weather!! Dg25134

Winter Weather!! Vintage-thanksgiving-farm-harvest-postcard

Winter Weather!! Thanksgiving+postcard+vintage

Christmas should look like this.

Winter Weather!! Xmas-4-16-c

Winter Weather!! Xmas03

Winter Weather!! Xmas02

Winter Weather!! Merry-christmas-holiday-children-sleigh-2

Your snow will come. Let it come when it's supposed to. Very Happy

Beautiful-I love old-timey stuff!!
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Winter Weather!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Weather!!   Winter Weather!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 4:51 pm

Ratzilla wrote:
how the weather should look on each holiday.

Winter Weather!! Image4683453g
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Winter Weather!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Weather!!   Winter Weather!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 7:05 pm

Winter Weather!! Deep_snow
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Winter Weather!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Weather!!   Winter Weather!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 8:41 pm

Can we arrange it so that much snow falls on the yards of those who want snow while 80 degree weather and girls in bikinis show up on the yards of those who don't?
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

Winter Weather!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Weather!!   Winter Weather!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 9:00 pm

if you want 80 degrees and girls in bikinis this time of year, you need to go to florida or someplace farther south. Kansas is not the place it is likely to happen
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Winter Weather!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Weather!!   Winter Weather!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 9:19 pm

LukeTHr wrote:
if you want 80 degrees and girls in bikinis this time of year, you need to go to florida or someplace farther south. Kansas is not the place it is likely to happen

I'm not likely to have a yard full of bikini girls any time of year. But you can wish any time of year.
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

Winter Weather!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Weather!!   Winter Weather!! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 12:55 am

you can wish in one hand and shit in the other and see which one fills up first
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Winter Weather!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Weather!!   Winter Weather!! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 3:14 am

Winter Weather!! Los_Muertos_Beach
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Winter Weather!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Weather!!   Winter Weather!! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 8:53 pm

LukeTHr wrote:
you can wish in one hand and shit in the other and see which one fills up first

My dad always said that, but I'll stick to wishing in one hand. The politicians, bankers, bosses, and alot of others probably claim right to fill the other.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Winter Weather!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Weather!!   Winter Weather!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Winter Weather!!
Page 1 of 1