Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

The Sports Complex

Go down 
+31
alg8tr
lilchefed
kidrkp
wwtp73
Degeneration X
lyric
rebelicia
crutch51
plowboy
wilkykav2
slider
nobodysbusiness
luv2cook
dubious
zeke
suzyj
stargatefan
creed_23010
Blackie Kuhn
LukeTHr
nitromaxx98
Devils Advocate
Samwitty
Roadstar
slickjay12
jessks75
dz724
fescue
jrroberts
The Other One
Justoo
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
CelticDragon
Rookie
Rookie
CelticDragon

Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2008-10-06

The Sports Complex - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 4:11 pm

My kid will probably be more into art and music than sports, if early indicators are correct. However, if I want the opportunities there for my kid I kind of need to be supportive of all the kids, don't I?
Back to top Go down
slider
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
slider

Number of posts : 1289
Registration date : 2008-06-27

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 4:11 pm

The Other One wrote:
slider wrote:
When I was a kid, my parents didn't have to rely on Rec Commission to find a way for us all to spend time to "Entertain Us or Babysit Us" with every Sport under the Sun, activities out the the Rec Center that are never full and are a massive waste of taxpayer money.

What I heard slider saying as I read what he wrote:
Back in my day, we didn't have any of these newfangled things like organized sports. Sure we played baseball, but we took the same branch that our parents used to beat the shit out of us and used it for a bat, and we used rocks for balls. We didn't waste any money on gloves, either. We just used empty pork 'n' beans (that's all our parents would feed us) cans to catch the rocks in. Coaches? Who the hell needed 'em? We made up the rules as we went, and if the non-Chermins on the other team didn't like our rules, we took our sticks and rocks and went home. That's the way it was, and we liked it.

We had organized Baseball and Football, we had all the necessary equipment and Coaches that actually taught us how to play the Sports we chose to play smart ass! I've watched the so called Coaches of today scream at the kids that were marginal soccer players to get the ball to the star player of the team (usually it is their kid that is the gifted one) so they could score instead of teaching all of the kids how to be better players. I've watched kids that in my childhood given extra time to help become better players sit on the bench or the side lines because they are considered a liability to the team because they have never been given the chance or the extra help or push needed to realize their talent by the Coaches that are only interested in winning not teaching the kids of this Community how to play. Winning every game because you hand picked the best players from the kids that signed up to play Rec Sports is not playing by the rules. It is really sad how today's youth sports completely miss the true meaning of competitive sports, character isn't built by winning every game you play but by learning how to play the game correctly and giving 100% every time you hit the field WIN OR LOSE!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 4:32 pm

slider wrote:

We had organized Baseball and Football, we had all the necessary equipment and Coaches that actually taught us how to play the Sports we chose to play smart ass! I've watched the so called Coaches of today scream at the kids that were marginal soccer players to get the ball to the star player of the team (usually it is their kid that is the gifted one) so they could score instead of teaching all of the kids how to be better players. I've watched kids that in my childhood given extra time to help become better players sit on the bench or the side lines because they are considered a liability to the team because they have never been given the chance or the extra help or push needed to realize their talent by the Coaches that are only interested in winning not teaching the kids of this Community how to play. Winning every game because you hand picked the best players from the kids that signed up to play Rec Sports is not playing by the rules. It is really sad how today's youth sports completely miss the true meaning of competitive sports, character isn't built by winning every game you play but by learning how to play the game correctly and giving 100% every time you hit the field WIN OR LOSE!!

Can we please watch sentence structure, please?
Back to top Go down
jewelz
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
jewelz

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 4:38 pm

slider wrote:
The Other One wrote:
slider wrote:
When I was a kid, my parents didn't have to rely on Rec Commission to find a way for us all to spend time to "Entertain Us or Babysit Us" with every Sport under the Sun, activities out the the Rec Center that are never full and are a massive waste of taxpayer money.

What I heard slider saying as I read what he wrote:
Back in my day, we didn't have any of these newfangled things like organized sports. Sure we played baseball, but we took the same branch that our parents used to beat the shit out of us and used it for a bat, and we used rocks for balls. We didn't waste any money on gloves, either. We just used empty pork 'n' beans (that's all our parents would feed us) cans to catch the rocks in. Coaches? Who the hell needed 'em? We made up the rules as we went, and if the non-Chermins on the other team didn't like our rules, we took our sticks and rocks and went home. That's the way it was, and we liked it.

Yes and this should be for all kids in where ever they do shine! Art, music, or baking. It should be a "Kids Center" Let our kids shine!

Last edited by jewelz on Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.firstpeople bears.com
slider
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
slider

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 5:14 pm

mikecc wrote:

mikecc are you now the Forum self appointed "Route 67601 Grammar Police?"

Sorry, I was edumacated by USD 489 so if I don't measure up to your high standards you'll know exactly who the hell to blame!
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

Number of posts : 3438
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 5:23 pm

mikecc wrote:

Cripes!

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=790394051

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 5:23 pm

use a comma once in a while.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 5:27 pm

And don't forget to breathe.
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

Number of posts : 1170
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 5:47 pm

This from the person who posts the highest volume of useless crap on these boards. lol!
Back to top Go down
slider
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
slider

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 6:24 pm

luv2cook wrote:
This from the person who posts the highest volume of useless crap on these boards. lol!

Yep, sorry I don't live up to his oh so high standards. Every Forum must be grammatically correct, the most offered up comment by the ones who post more BS and worthless banter.
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 6:25 pm

mikecc wrote:
use a comma once in a while.

Comma comma comma...comma chameleon

The Sports Complex - Page 5 263463boy-george-posters
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 6:50 pm

slider wrote:
We had organized Baseball and Football, we had all the necessary equipment and Coaches that actually taught us how to play the Sports we chose to play smart ass!

You may have chose to play smart ass back then, but you're playing dumbass now.

slider wrote:
I've watched the so called Coaches of today scream at the kids that were marginal soccer players to get the ball to the star player of the team (usually it is their kid that is the gifted one) so they could score instead of teaching all of the kids how to be better players.

Granted, there are some coaches who coach this way. However, as a soccer coach for several years, I would say that these are in a minority. Personally, I always stressed defense because I knew that soccer would be all about defense when they got older. My teams' motto was always "If you can't score, we can't lose."

slider wrote:
I've watched kids that in my childhood given extra time to help become better players sit on the bench or the side lines because they are considered a liability to the team because they have never been given the chance or the extra help or push needed to realize their talent by the Coaches that are only interested in winning not teaching the kids of this Community how to play.

If you didn't like the way the kids were being coached, why didn't you take the initiative to get off your ass and do it yourself?

slider wrote:
Winning every game because you hand picked the best players from the kids that signed up to play Rec Sports is not playing by the rules.

I'm pretty sure Roger Bixenman would take that as a personal affront. Teams in the Hays Rec leagues are picked by computer based on the coaches' ratings of players strengths and weaknesses from previous seasons. Coaches can not "hand pick" players. Players are assigned to teams by the HRC staff. The goal is parity, and they do a pretty damn good job of it.

slider wrote:
It is really sad how today's youth sports completely miss the true meaning of competitive sports, character isn't built by winning every game you play but by learning how to play the game correctly and giving 100% every time you hit the field WIN OR LOSE!!

Exactly what the HRC strives to teach, but with more clarity. Again, if you think this is not being accomplished, get off your ass and get out there and do something about it. Bitching in a forum ain't it.
Back to top Go down
lilchefed
Rookie
Rookie
lilchefed

Number of posts : 282

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 7:00 pm

mikecc wrote:
'come on now....lilchef, All the proof we need for a multi year, multi million dollar Government Expenditure is an Email to you? No wonder the U.S. of A. is in the condition it is in, thx to people like you.

Oh come on Mikey, obviously I was generalizing, it was just another in many on why we can use this complex....but maybe you are right and that is what is wrong with America, why invest in the future, kids sports are dumb (and I'm not talking about tournaments, I'm talking about youth sports in general, but there I go again generalizing).

slider wrote:
When I was a kid, my parents didn't have to rely on Rec Commission to find a way for us all to spend time to "Entertain Us or Babysit Us" with every Sport under the Sun, activities out the the Rec Center that are never full and are a massive waste of taxpayer money. My Parents actually spent time with us by taking us to do fun things like fishing, hunting, golfing, playing catch with us out in the yard. They simply didn't drop us off at the Rec Center or a Sports Practice and let others do the things that they really should be doing with their kids. Most parents now use Video Games and Hays Rec Programs to be their babysitters and to provide their kids alledgely proper supervision because they are simply too lazy to do it themselves.

And look at you now, an old grumpy guy who pretty much complains about everything written on this forum.

My parents coached me and participated in these "non fun" youth sport activities with me, in which I guess there are no important lessons to be learned. And I'm sure many would argue that the golf course you played on was a waste of money and I'm sure you have NEVER played on a municipal course (maybe you only play at Country Clubs though). I wonder how much most communities invest in golf courses and that is definitely for a select few. I bet the number of people playing soccer, baseball, softball, and football in Hays is pretty close to the number of people playing at Fort Hays Municipal Golf course (I'll have to do some research to see if I can get the numbers). Now what if that golf course wasn't there, what if state hunting and wildlife areas weren't there, then you wouldn't be able to do those "fun" activities. So you enjoyed fishing with your parents, while I enjoy having my father coach me in basketball, but at least my community (not Hays) invest in facilities so that I could, as your community probably did for you.
Back to top Go down
slider
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
slider

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 7:18 pm

I have done it before and my Father used to Umpire ball games in Hays and around the area so I haven't been one to just set on the sidelines and bitch. Oh by the way, we never were good enough or rich enough to belong to the snobs out there at the Country Club. Dad was just a simple hard working laborer so he didn't have the right Credentials (Docter, Lawyer, Banker, Insurance Salesman etc) so we had to lower ourselves to play out at the Hays Municiple Golf Course. We bought yearly memberships out there and we enjoyed playing on the Buffalo Grass Pastures out there. It wasn't the best course but it was affordable and it was something we never took for granted. We had farm ground to hunt and fish on, but we gladly bought the permits to go hunt and fish in those State Facilities.

HRC's Computer Program must have some glitches because there have been and still are "talent loaded teams" so that "Parity" argument is a mute point. There are still kids that sit on benches and stand on the sidelines because they aren't in the Coaches eyes good enough and those Coaches won't take the time to teach them the proper way to play.

The "Sports Complex" is a waste of taxpayer money plain and simple. I would gladly pay a 5% Sales Tax if the Powers that be would actually fix the streets in this town the right way instead of just doing quick patches and seals every year and address the more important issues in this town. We need a "Multi-Million Dollar Sports Complex" like we need a hole in the head. Lets take that kind of money and invest it in improving the existing crumbling infrastructure of this community.

The "Sports Complex" will not bring a single business to this town, it will not create any good paying jobs in this town, it will not bring Millions of dollars into this town. It will be just another facility that will need a mutli-million dollar restoration five or ten years as it sets out in there in the country rotting away for six or seven months a year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 7:22 pm

I would gladly pay a 5% Sales Tax too.
Back to top Go down
lilchefed
Rookie
Rookie
lilchefed

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 9:40 pm

mikecc wrote:
I would gladly pay a 5% Sales Tax too.

Wink

Too bad the state charges more than that.

I would like to hear one good argument on why I should not vote for the complex, I still haven't. I would like the roads fixed too, but the city isn't going to do that. They put in that .75% increase a couple of years ago and haven't done anything with it. Why would they ask for another increase and still do nothing with it?

I beg you please tell my why I should vote no....and not that its just a waste of money (and for the record, I look at this more as a rec team usage and less as a tournament/bring money and people to the city thing, again kids are playing soccer in baseball fields, which is actually an upgrade from where they practice).

The Sports Complex - Page 5 58289
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 9:47 pm

A Vote No is a Vote Against Government Excess.
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Number of posts : 3515

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 9:51 pm

Where do they practice now?
Back to top Go down
slider
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
slider

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 10:03 pm

No child is being turned away from playing Soccer, Baseball or any other sport because of a lack of practice or playing facilities in Hays. The Hays Recreation Commission has found a way to provide practice fields all over the Hays area and has built the Soccer Fields by Larks Park that have provided ample access to kids to play Soccer. The practice Baseball Fields are ample as well as the Baseball Complexes provided so kids have ample chances to play.

Once again it is simply a case of a certain small group of people trying to join forces with Dr. Edward Hammond who desperately wants Fort Hays State to have a Soccer Program. One which the Student Body has been overwhelmingly against from day one. I wish you luck trying to get this "White Elephant" passed, I certianly see Dr. Hammond building his Soccer Field with his own State Funds and cramming it down the throats of the students who do not want a Soccer Team.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 10:09 pm

It will all fall into place when the Chineese finish buying Hays. Chineese LOVE soccer. Hell, They invented it.
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 10:12 pm

I thought Socrates invented soccer?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 10:14 pm

Socrates was too short
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 10:15 pm

mikecc wrote:
Socrates was too short

So he couldnt get on a traveling team?
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 10:17 pm

lilchefed wrote:

I would like to hear one good argument on why I should not vote for the complex, I still haven't. :

I told you why, because only a select group of kids will be using this complex on a regular basis. You may think that HRC is going to be using them all the time, but thats simply not going to happen. If that were the case then we'd see way more input and support from the HRC and we arent and that, I think, speaks volumes.
Back to top Go down
Roadstar
Rookie
Rookie
Roadstar

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 10:21 pm

nitromaxx98 wrote:
mikecc wrote:
Socrates was too short

So he couldnt get on a traveling team?

he played for Greece ,, see it here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92vV3QGagck
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 10:24 pm

I liked Bill and Ted, called him So - Crates, lol!
Back to top Go down
lilchefed
Rookie
Rookie
lilchefed

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 10:29 pm

slider wrote:
I certianly see Dr. Hammond building his Soccer Field with his own State Funds and cramming it down the throats of the students who do not want a Soccer Team.

You see him building his field because he is building it regardless of how the vote comes out. If this passes, then he builds in on the farm grounds. If it fails, it is going to be built on the grounds that the Municipal golf course uses for a driving range. This land is University owned and has allowed the city/golf course to use. One thing that is nice, is that if this passes, the University will turn this land over to the city to use as the golf course sees fit (possible further expansion of golf cart sheds or a better driving range.

This is the next logical step for the University. Hays High added it first, then TMP added it...this is the next step. I don't understand it, because I hate soccer.

And of course no kid is going to be turned away, but it would make it easier if they had the facilities to run their game days. As it stands now, these games start at 9 in the morning and run to about 4 in the afternoon and they can only have about 3 fields going at once. They also play flag football at Pratt optimist park, they have essentially out grown the area.

As for where they practice, most soccer teams practice over at seven hills park, which is pretty crappy (stickers and dirt and USD 489 owned so the city doesn't put any money into it). Tackle and flag football pretty much takes over able bickle and massey park, as they don't have any where to practice either. There are some teams that practice at the Hays High practice area, but fight with the school over how many teams can practice there and don't like their grounds being tore up.

As for baseball, same deal, teams practice where ever they can. Several teams practice around Roosevelt school (again 489 owned so no city money to upgrade) which is horrible and pretty much the first team there gets the ground. Other teams practice in the park by St. Nicks on 13th (can't think of the name) but there isn't even infield dirt, just bad grass. The main fields have games at them every night, so of course they can't practice there.
Back to top Go down
lilchefed
Rookie
Rookie
lilchefed

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 10:38 pm

luv2cook wrote:
lilchefed wrote:

I would like to hear one good argument on why I should not vote for the complex, I still haven't. :

I told you why, because only a select group of kids will be using this complex on a regular basis. You may think that HRC is going to be using them all the time, but thats simply not going to happen. If that were the case then we'd see way more input and support from the HRC and we arent and that, I think, speaks volumes.

Roger Bixenman, the Superintendent of HRC is on the committee trying to get this past. He has said several times that HRC will use it. Here's an ad that he has for it and here's him in a video for it. Several of the HRC board members where out collecting signatures for the petition. HRC is for it, go out to their soccer or flag football games tomorrow or sunday and hunt down Bill Meagher, Sports Director, or Mike Schmidt, Asst. Sports Director and ask them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 10:38 pm

lol @ "Trying to get this Pabst"
Back to top Go down
lilchefed
Rookie
Rookie
lilchefed

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 10:43 pm

mikecc wrote:
lol @ "Trying to get this Pabst"

I haven't had a PBR in a long time.
Back to top Go down
slider
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
slider

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 11:25 pm

Old ad campaign for Pabst Blue Ribbon beer ... "PBR me PDQ"

PBR was the Champagne of Vulger-German Farmers everywhere in Ellis County back in the day. At the old "Blue Moon Tavern" PBR was the only beer on tap for years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 11:27 pm

Did that help their soccer game? They didnt need no complex.
Back to top Go down
slider
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
slider

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 11:28 pm

No they didn't, but the PBR sure helped their Snooker and 8-ball shots.
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 11:29 pm

lilchefed wrote:
luv2cook wrote:
lilchefed wrote:

Roger Bixenman, the Superintendent of HRC is on the committee trying to get this past. He has said several times that HRC will use it. Here's an ad that he has for it and here's him in a video for it. Several of the HRC board members where out collecting signatures for the petition. HRC is for it, go out to their soccer or flag football games tomorrow or sunday and hunt down Bill Meagher, Sports Director, or Mike Schmidt, Asst. Sports Director and ask them.

Now see, thats all I anted to see was some proof. Thank you for providing it.
Back to top Go down
slider
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
slider

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 12:02 am

It might be a vision of Roger and others in a very small minority to have top notch sports facility, but the cold hard fact is it still is a very expensive luxury and a extremely non-essential facility that will be used by an even smaller percentage of the citizens of Hays.

There are a bunch of things I would like to see in Hays Kansas, but not at the expense of the taxpayers of Hays, Ellis County and every other poor unsuspecting soul who has to rely on the "Veritable Shopping Oasis of the High Plains" called Hays to survive.

This falacy that it will have a enormous economic impact for the City of Hays is a really hard thing to swallow. That very reason has been used for so many things that were supposed to do the exact same thing and somehow have never quite panned out how the proponents of the initatives sold their "Finnigan's Follies" to the people of Hays. This is just one more "White Elephant" that will end up costing us millions of dollars that should be spend on more worthwhile and important projects that will actually benefit the Citizens of Hays, Ellis County and the surrounding area.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 12:53 am

slider wrote:
It might be a vision of Roger and others in a very small minority to have top notch sports facility, but the cold hard fact is it still is a very expensive luxury and a extremely non-essential facility that will be used by an even smaller percentage of the citizens of Hays.

There are a bunch of things I would like to see in Hays Kansas, but not at the expense of the taxpayers of Hays, Ellis County and every other poor unsuspecting soul who has to rely on the "Veritable Shopping Oasis of the High Plains" called Hays to survive.

This falacy that it will have a enormous economic impact for the City of Hays is a really hard thing to swallow. That very reason has been used for so many things that were supposed to do the exact same thing and somehow have never quite panned out how the proponents of the initatives sold their "Finnigan's Follies" to the people of Hays. This is just one more "White Elephant" that will end up costing us millions of dollars that should be spend on more worthwhile and important projects that will actually benefit the Citizens of Hays, Ellis County and the surrounding area.

You need to drop "Until My Third Mug" from your signature.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 12:54 am

slider wrote:
PBR was the Champagne of Vulger-German Farmers everywhere in Ellis County back in the day. At the old "Blue Moon Tavern" PBR was the only beer on tap for years.

Do they have Blue Moon on tap now?
Back to top Go down
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 1:12 am

I remember Schlitz on tap at the Blue Moon
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 1:43 am

Blackie Kuhn wrote:

"When you're out of Bud, tough Schlitz." - Cheech & Chong's "Basketball Jones"
Back to top Go down
lilchefed
Rookie
Rookie
lilchefed

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 8:23 pm

Wanted to make sure everyone who contributes to this thread sees this (I don't know why it is a "vent" topic, shouldn't it be in politics?)

https://67601.forummotion.com/vent-it-here-f11/vote-for-sports-complex-t1341.htm
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 10:59 pm

You have to consider the person who posted it there. Hes notorious for posting stuff in the wrong sections. Neutral
Back to top Go down
SlumberGirl
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SlumberGirl

Number of posts : 1136
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 11:01 pm

Justoo wrote:
Perhaps we can discuss it here without hijacking a politics thread.

The Sports Complex - Page 5 530931
Back to top Go down
http://www.slumberpartiesbyvalarie.com
plowboy
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 212

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 12:17 am

Hays Question -- 14 of 16 precincts reporting (88%)
1/2% Sales Tax
Yes 4,596 56%
No 3,683 44%
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 1:45 am

Final results of the Sports Complex issue:

Yes 55%
No 45%

100% reporting
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 1:53 am

Blackie Kuhn wrote:

And that was many moons ago. Schlitz used to be pretty popular around here up till about the mid to late 70's. My first real bed spinning drunk was on Schlitz when I was 10 or 12.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 2:04 am

Ratzilla wrote:
Blackie Kuhn wrote:

And that was many moons ago. Schlitz used to be pretty popular around here up till about the mid to late 70's. My first real bed spinning drunk was on Schlitz when I was 10 or 12.

I had a cousin who was a graduate of MIT and a gifted archetect. He helped design the Baltimore-Washington Tunnel.

Unfortunately, his first passion in life was Schlitz. He wound up working as a meatcutter in his dad's (my great-uncle's) grocery store and helping my grandfather build lobster traps.

Until he died of liver failure, that is.

The Sports Complex - Page 5 Long_i10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Sports Complex
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5