Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

The Sports Complex

Go down 
+31
alg8tr
lilchefed
kidrkp
wwtp73
Degeneration X
lyric
rebelicia
crutch51
plowboy
wilkykav2
slider
nobodysbusiness
luv2cook
dubious
zeke
suzyj
stargatefan
creed_23010
Blackie Kuhn
LukeTHr
nitromaxx98
Devils Advocate
Samwitty
Roadstar
slickjay12
jessks75
dz724
fescue
jrroberts
The Other One
Justoo
35 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812
Registration date : 2008-03-25

The Sports Complex Empty
PostSubject: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 5:51 am

Perhaps we can discuss it here without hijacking a politics thread.

The sports complex would be paid for with a sales tax initiative. Like the swimming pool and the library, our friends in neighboring counties would be helping us pay for it. So would the people who come from miles away to play in tournaments.

It would cost you an extra 25¢ on $100.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675

The Sports Complex Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 8:38 am

The economic benefit to the community would be huge if we were able to host major soccer tournaments, or to even have our club teams play home games. The tournament last weekend in Leavenworth hosted teams from as far away as Hays and St. Louis. Hotels were filled to capacity in Leavenworth, Lansing and Bonner Springs. That's "bed tax" money. They also ate in restaurants and visited shopping centers. That's tax money and jobs for the local economy.

By the way, the sports complex is a joint effort by Fort Hays State, the Hays Rec Commission and the Hays Soccer Club. Between the latter two, that's several hundred kids in the community who would benefit on an ongoing basis. Adding soccer at FHSU would get some outstanding Western Kansas kids to consider FHSU rather than Washburn or Emporia State, which already have soccer programs. Those students spend an awful lot of money in this community.

So even if you're one of the grumpy old people who like to complain about anything that doesn't directly benefit you, it will indirectly benefit you by adding money to the local economy that would otherwise come from higher taxes on YOU.
Back to top Go down
jrroberts

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-04-16

The Sports Complex Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 11:00 am

Between the 1300 Adult softball players and the hundreds if not thosands of kids that play HRC events as well as the hundreds of traveling team kids. This will benifit the community greatly. This is a step in the right direction. Go Hays !!!!
Back to top Go down
fescue
Rookie
Rookie
fescue

Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2008-04-06

The Sports Complex Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 12:55 pm

So what's wrong with the facilities that we already have? They are bought and paid for.
Back to top Go down
dz724
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 919
Registration date : 2008-03-27

The Sports Complex Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 1:57 pm

The facilities that currently exist could not host major tournaments that would bring people to town to stimulate the economy. (If I'm understanding this all correctly.)
Back to top Go down
jessks75
All Star
All Star
jessks75

Number of posts : 2007

The Sports Complex Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 2:30 pm

Go sports Complex!!!
More reason for our kids to get off their butts and play something!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jessks75
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

The Sports Complex Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 3:51 pm

fescue wrote:
So what's wrong with the facilities that we already have? They are bought and paid for.

dz724 wrote:
The facilities that currently exist could not host major tournaments that would bring people to town to stimulate the economy. (If I'm understanding this all correctly.)

Absolutely correct. Hosting a tournament at Pratt-Optimist would be like trying to have the Chiefs-Broncos game at Lewis Field. Teams wouldn't come, and those that did, it would be the only time. If you've never been to the soccer complex that opened in Salina a couple of years ago, you should go by and compare it to our current facilities before deciding on this issue. If not there, go by the multi-sport complex at Anneberg Park in Manhattan, the Governor's Cup site at Hwy. 75 and Silver Lake Rd. in Topeka or the TRYSA complex in Emporia.

I'm not sure of this, but it would probably be a place for the high school to play home games, too. At present, Hays High plays home soccer games on the practice football field on the school's campus. The middle of the field is domed so much that you can't see below the knees of people standing on the other sideline. Great Bend High School, on the other hand, has a soccer-specific stadium that rivals the facilities at Hummer Sports Complex in Topeka.
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

Number of posts : 2299
Registration date : 2008-03-26

The Sports Complex Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 5:15 pm

The Other One wrote:
fescue wrote:

dz724 wrote:

Absolutely correct. Hosting a tournament at Pratt-Optimist would be like trying to have the Chiefs-Broncos game at Lewis Field. Teams wouldn't come, and those that did, it would be the only time. If you've never been to the soccer complex that opened in Salina a couple of years ago, you should go by and compare it to our current facilities before deciding on this issue. If not there, go by the multi-sport complex at Anneberg Park in Manhattan, the Governor's Cup site at Hwy. 75 and Silver Lake Rd. in Topeka or the TRYSA complex in Emporia.

I'm not sure of this, but it would probably be a place for the high school to play home games, too. At present, Hays High plays home soccer games on the practice football field on the school's campus. The middle of the field is domed so much that you can't see below the knees of people standing on the other sideline. Great Bend High School, on the other hand, has a soccer-specific stadium that rivals the facilities at Hummer Sports Complex in Topeka.

why spend all this money for a non sport like soccer?
Back to top Go down
fescue
Rookie
Rookie
fescue

The Sports Complex Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 8:58 pm

Then what happens to the facilities we have, that have been upgraded through the years?
Back to top Go down
Roadstar
Rookie
Rookie
Roadstar

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2008-03-31

The Sports Complex Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 9:18 pm

what would the cost be to maintain this monster after it gets built ? Who pays for that ?
I say enough taxes already.
Back to top Go down
Samwitty
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Samwitty

Number of posts : 873

The Sports Complex Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 9:23 pm

I though we had a water shortage ? ? ? When did the city and Fort Hays State find more or is it still, spent your money with us But Don't flush ? ? ? scratch

The Sports Complex 912833 is going on here anywho ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.biteme.com
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

The Sports Complex Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 9:26 pm

slickjay12 wrote:

I think you would be surprised how many kids play this nonsport. It is one of the fastest growing sports in America.
Back to top Go down
Devils Advocate

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-06-11

The Sports Complex Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 10:18 pm

Justoo wrote:

The sports complex would be paid for with a sales tax initiative. Like the swimming pool and the library, our friends in neighboring counties would be helping us pay for it. So would the people who come from miles away to play in tournaments.

So why not put it to a countywide vote. I'm tired of Hays saying let our neighbors help pay for this. If the Citizens of Hays want this complex and the benifit it would bring Hays, let Hays pay for it. Not the rest of us!!!!
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Number of posts : 3515

The Sports Complex Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 10:35 pm

fescue wrote:
Then what happens to the facilities we have, that have been upgraded through the years?

Perhaps gathering places for mis-placed poly-carts.
Back to top Go down
jessks75
All Star
All Star
jessks75

Number of posts : 2007

The Sports Complex Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 10:58 pm

Justoo wrote:
slickjay12 wrote:

I think you would be surprised how many kids play this nonsport. It is one of the fastest growing sports in America.
Soccer is HUGE in Hays, if you sit and watch the kids at school, they play soccer, that the game they play, Not basketball, soccer!
Kids love it in Hays
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jessks75
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

Number of posts : 1936

The Sports Complex Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 11:17 pm

Devils Advocate wrote:
Justoo wrote:

So why not put it to a countywide vote. I'm tired of Hays saying let our neighbors help pay for this. If the Citizens of Hays want this complex and the benifit it would bring Hays, let Hays pay for it. Not the rest of us!!!!

I agree. Everytime a special interest group comes up with an idea in Hays, it always gets into the pocketbook of the out-of-town folks. If Hays wants it, let the Hays residents pay for. Raise property taxes to do it, not sales tax
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

The Sports Complex Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 11:26 pm

Devils Advocate wrote:

Then perhaps they should impose a city income tax on people who work in Hays but don't live within the city limits.

Nobody is forcing you to purchase anything in Hays. If you don't want to help pay for it, shop in your own town or go to Salina. But be aware that you'll be paying sales tax there to pay for their soccer complex.
Back to top Go down
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-13

The Sports Complex Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 11:32 pm

I'll shop in LaCrosse then maybe I won't be paying for anybodys soccer fields
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

The Sports Complex Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 11:43 pm

And It will justify the HCVB.
Back to top Go down
creed_23010

The Sports Complex Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 1:56 am

hays has spent enough on there soccer fields. they put in new fescue.and hays is suppose to have a water shortage.come on people.taxes in the city of hays are bad enough already.hays always has to look big and will never be much of anything.eveything hays does is a joke.wages are low and everything is too hight to live here.thats why i moved out of that shit hole.im actually fom around there too.hays is just a big joke.
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

The Sports Complex Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 5:53 am

Devils Advocate wrote:

It will be on the November ballot. See you at the polls.
Back to top Go down
stargatefan

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-03-29

The Sports Complex Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 8:14 am

What ever happened to SELF SUPPORTING business. I for one am tired of paying taxes for every little thing that comes up. A person should be able to live and enjoy life with a minimum of burden. If I want to take a vacation, go to a game, eat at a restaurant, buy a new car......then those are things I do if and WHEN I can afford them. However...government imposed taxes are not optional. I have to pay them when I buy groceries for my family or pay for utilities that I need to heat my house.

If people want a sports complex, then fine, build it with the intention that the revenue from people attending will support it and repay the loan they took to build it. Common business sense. Don't sugar coat it by saying it will bring in thousands of people who'll be spending money in our community. I personally know several people that are barely able to even pay their bills now and are having financial difficulty. .25 cents/$100 doesn't sound like much, but that thinking got us to where we are now with our high taxes. Every year some other project at the city/state/national level gets approved adding to our high taxes we pay now.
Back to top Go down
jrroberts

The Sports Complex Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 9:39 am

The complex will be effluent water so don't worry about the water issues. Second it is important to look at the revenue that will be brought in to Hays. That will in the long run lower the tax burden on each of us as well as bring growth to the community. Finally the maintenance cost will be paid for by the sales tax issue for a minimum of 10 years probably far longer.

Once again as a business guy in hays how can you turn your nose at something that can potentially bring in millions of dollars to Hays a year. These complexes have made huge differences in many communities.

Finally we are behind all the communities in the state our size. Our kids disserve a great place to play. And did I mention it is bring money to town Smile
Back to top Go down
creed_23010

The Sports Complex Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 1:07 pm

it will never be effluint to water. the city wastes too much now.it will never lower your taxes.hays will never be anything but a buch of shows offs.all they do is waste money on shit they dont need.hays will never grow that much.people get run off from paying too high of taxes.i also like how some people compare the salina soccer field.hays is just a tiny town .salina has 4 times as many people as hays.hays kids benefit already on what they have to use.
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

Number of posts : 3438

The Sports Complex Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 1:16 pm

Salina's population is roughly 47,000, not 80,000.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=790394051
jrroberts

The Sports Complex Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 1:52 pm

It will be effluent water. It will bring in money. Our kids do disserve something nice to grow up playing on.

The research is out there on how much money is brought into a community by a sports complex. Hays needs business. Our hotels need people to fill them and our restraunts need people to eat at them. Our stores also need people to shop in them. Money, Money, Money........
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

The Sports Complex Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 4:48 pm

stargatefan wrote:
What ever happened to SELF SUPPORTING business. I for one am tired of paying taxes for every little thing that comes up. A person should be able to live and enjoy life with a minimum of burden. If I want to take a vacation, go to a game, eat at a restaurant, buy a new car......then those are things I do if and WHEN I can afford them. However...government imposed taxes are not optional. I have to pay them when I buy groceries for my family or pay for utilities that I need to heat my house.

If people want a sports complex, then fine, build it with the intention that the revenue from people attending will support it and repay the loan they took to build it. Common business sense. Don't sugar coat it by saying it will bring in thousands of people who'll be spending money in our community. I personally know several people that are barely able to even pay their bills now and are having financial difficulty. .25 cents/$100 doesn't sound like much, but that thinking got us to where we are now with our high taxes. Every year some other project at the city/state/national level gets approved adding to our high taxes we pay now.

I agree totally with it needing to be self supporting. Let those that attend the events pay for it, not those that happen to need to buy things like food and clothing. Our society has really gotten our priorities all fouled up. Too much emphasis is put on making this a great place to play...... what about creating jobs that will pay a liveable wage? Heck, how can people pay more in taxes.... Midwest Energry recently announced a rate increase of 15%, gas prices have skyrocketed, which in turn has driven up everything else. Where is all this money going to come from? The folks on fixed incomes can't pay higher food and utility costs and then pay more in taxes for a sports complex on top of that. If there is such great support for this complex, then get it built thru fundraisers and donations....not increased taxes.
Back to top Go down
zeke
Rookie
Rookie
zeke

Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2008-03-29

The Sports Complex Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 5:07 pm

can't wait til the thing is built and the first huge turny is held there and if he winds are in the right direction it would be like playing softball next to the waste water plant.......mmmmmmmmmm smll that money..........how many teams would return after spening a whole day at games with the feed lot smell ligering around woooohooo clap my hands and cheer for joy
Back to top Go down

The Sports Complex Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 5:48 pm

How many millions of dollars are needed to maintain and repair the current buildings in the regent system. 165 Million dollars, sounds to me like.......click here
Back to top Go down
fescue
Rookie
Rookie
fescue

The Sports Complex Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 7:20 pm

jrroberts wrote:
The complex will be effluent water so don't worry about the water issues. Second it is important to look at the revenue that will be brought in to Hays. That will in the long run lower the tax burden on each of us as well as bring growth to the community. Finally the maintenance cost will be paid for by the sales tax issue for a minimum of 10 years probably far longer.

Once again as a business guy in hays how can you turn your nose at something that can potentially bring in millions of dollars to Hays a year. These complexes have made huge differences in many communities.

Finally we are behind all the communities in the state our size. Our kids disserve a great place to play. And did I mention it is bring money to town Smile
If remember correctly, the tax is supposed to retire in 4 years. I don't want to pay for the upkeep for 10 years or maybe longer. It sounds like another burden on the taxpayers who are already shouldering enough.
Back to top Go down
fescue
Rookie
Rookie
fescue

The Sports Complex Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 7:27 pm

zeke wrote:
can't wait til the thing is built and the first huge turny is held there and if he winds are in the right direction it would be like playing softball next to the waste water plant.......mmmmmmmmmm smll that money..........how many teams would return after spening a whole day at games with the feed lot smell ligering around woooohooo clap my hads and cheer for joy
The neighboring facility can be just as offensive as the hog farm down the road. The restraunts will be packed after several hours of inhaling cow shit, I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

The Sports Complex Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 9:54 pm

If it was such a great thing? why hasn;t the private sector jumped on this oppurtunity a long time ago.
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

The Sports Complex Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 10:19 pm

fescue wrote:
jrroberts wrote:

If remember correctly, the tax is supposed to retire in 4 years. I don't want to pay for the upkeep for 10 years or maybe longer. It sounds like another burden on the taxpayers who are already shouldering enough.

Just as the Aquatic Park tax was supposed to retire after it was paid for. Just as the extra $3 we paid for the poly-cart program for how many years is still on your bill. Go City of Hays!!!!
Back to top Go down
dubious

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-04-11

The Sports Complex Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 7:06 pm

Have I mentioned that I like the small town feel of Hays, I really don't want anymore people to come to this town, I'd rather they stay home.
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

Number of posts : 1170
Registration date : 2008-04-01

The Sports Complex Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 9:32 pm

nitromaxx98 wrote:

Just as the Aquatic Park tax was supposed to retire after it was paid for. Just as the extra $3 we paid for the poly-cart program for how many years is still on your bill. Go City of Hays!!!!

GOOD GOD WILL YOU LET THE FUCKING POLYCART ISSUE DIE ALREADY!

THE CARTS ARENT GOING AWAY!

NO MATTER HOW MANY DAMN TIMES YOU BITCH ABOUT IT!

ITS STUPID TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THIS ISSUE DAILY!

GET

OVER

IT

ALREADY!
Back to top Go down
nobodysbusiness
Admin
Admin
nobodysbusiness

Number of posts : 2062

The Sports Complex Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 9:45 pm

im sorry but... lol
Back to top Go down
slider
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
slider

Number of posts : 1289
Registration date : 2008-06-27

The Sports Complex Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 9:47 pm

Just another ploy by Uncle Ed Hammond to cram his Beloved Soccer Team down the throats of the students who didn't want it in the first place. Also, notice how Ed is combining this with the City so they can put a tax is to pay for it so he doesn't have to build the FHSU Soccer Stadium out of his own budget? Just like all of the taxes the City of Hays puts in to bring millions of dollars into the City.

The Aquatic Park - was supposed to bring in all kinds of families into the community to bolster our Magnificent Shopping Centers? It has never made a profit since it opened and now they want to put a $30,000 dollar sign (ala the Visitors Center on Vine) so they can inform the public of the status of the pool's schedule, community events etc.

Lets look at the Home Depot tax abatements, all of the businesses that were promised by the developers that would flock to be with the place. IHOP and a Hotel are the only things out there ..... these guys get a boatload of tax breaks and in return we get bupkiss.

This is just another smoke and mirrors "Economic Miracle" for the Cultural Hub of western Kansas. How many times are the leaders of this town going to bite on these Bull$hit Pie in the Sky plans?

Lets bring all of these people into Hays and have their cars beat all to hell on the numerous streets that have been passed over for repair for the last 20 years so we can have all of these wonderful wasteful facilities that drain our pocketbooks more and more every year!! The Sports Complex 929670
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

The Sports Complex Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 9:49 pm

luv2cook wrote:
nitromaxx98 wrote:

GET

OVER

IT

ALREADY!

Allowing an issue to die only insures it the minds of politicians that it is ok to waste money on things that are un-necessary because because we will forget about it. America was founded by people who were tired of the status quo.

p.s. adhesive side down
Back to top Go down
Roadstar
Rookie
Rookie
Roadstar

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2008-03-31

The Sports Complex Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 10:17 pm

luv2cook wrote:
nitromaxx98 wrote:

GET

OVER

IT

ALREADY!

DITTO, couldn't have said it any better
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

The Sports Complex Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 10:37 pm

Sheep
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

Number of posts : 1170
Registration date : 2008-04-01

The Sports Complex Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 10:48 pm

nitromaxx98 wrote:

Allowing an issue to die only insures it the minds of politicians that it is ok to waste money on things that are un-necessary because because we will forget about it. America was founded by people who were tired of the status quo.

p.s. adhesive side down

Hate to break it to you, there is NO ONE on this board who has the power to fix this issue for you and quite frankly I know Im not the only one who's tired of reading about it in damn near every other post you make. Its gets damn tiresome Nitro. You're like a fucking dog with a bone. Drop it, its not going away and your constant complaining wont fix this for you either.

And regarding your last sentence, Could you BE any more typically male? I mean why is it that men jump right on the "she's on the rag" bandwagon when a woman unloads on them? ( which FYI is no longer an issue for me nor has it been for 5 years now) We've all sat and listened to you whine for 9 fucking months now about the trash cans, walmart, the friggen shit out in the medians on vine AND the chamber of commerce building and I dont recall a single woman here saying you were on the male equivalent of the rag. Making a stupid ass comment like you did above just makes you appear petty and apparently lacking the adequate intelligence to come up with a thoughtful rebuttal.

Oh and in case you dont realise it, WE ALL GET THAT YOU TAKE UMBRAGE WITH THE ABOVE ISSUES IN THE CITY OF HAYS!

There is simply no need to add a daily reminder. We arent stupid OR forgetful here. TRUST ME, we wont forget those things.
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

The Sports Complex Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 11:01 pm

As far as the soccer complex is concerned, it was an iffy proposition to begin with and with the recent downturns in the financial markets, it would be totally irresponsible for it to go forward at this time. I think the same holds true for the county's plan to purchase the Hadley facility. Spending a dime on these things now has to be stopped right away.
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

The Sports Complex Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 11:01 pm

luv2cook wrote:
nitromaxx98 wrote:

p.s. adhesive side down

Hate to break it to you, there is NO ONE on this board who has the power to fix this issue for you and quite frankly I know Im not the only one who's tired of reading about it in damn near every other post you make. Its gets damn tiresome Nitro. You're like a fucking dog with a bone. Drop it, its not going away and your constant complaining wont fix this for you either.

And regarding your last sentence, Could you BE any more typically male? I mean why is it that men jump right on the "she's on the rag" bandwagon when a woman unloads on them? ( which FYI is no longer an issue for me nor has it been for 5 years now) We've all sat and listened to you whine for 9 fucking months now about the trash cans, walmart, the friggen shit out in the medians on vine AND the chamber of commerce building and I dont recall a single woman here saying you were on the male equivalent of the rag. Making a stupid ass comment like you did above just makes you appear petty and apparently lacking the adequate intelligence to come up with a thoughtful rebuttal.

Oh and in case you dont realise it, WE ALL GET THAT YOU TAKE UMBRAGE WITH THE ABOVE ISSUES IN THE CITY OF HAYS!

There is simply no need to add a daily reminder. We arent stupid OR forgetful here. TRUST ME, we wont forget those things.

The Sports Complex 397852 Show me the way The Sports Complex 459672
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

The Sports Complex Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 11:04 pm

LukeTHr wrote:
As far as the soccer complex is concerned, it was an iffy proposition to begin with and with the recent downturns in the financial markets, it would be totally irresponsible for it to go forward at this time. I think the same holds true for the county's plan to purchase the Hadley facility. Spending a dime on these things now has to be stopped right away.

But no one on this board has the power to fix it, so stop bitching.
Back to top Go down
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

The Sports Complex Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 12:03 am

I hate to beat a dead horse but I think the polycarts suck too
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

Number of posts : 2245

The Sports Complex Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 12:06 am

You know what???I think sports are stupid.Who cares.(unless our kiddos are playin' of course) Razz
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

The Sports Complex Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 5:47 am

The sports complex and the Hadley issue will both be on the November ballot. Register if you haven't and VOTE.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

The Sports Complex Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 9:30 am

Justoo wrote:
The sports complex and the Hadley issue will both be on the November ballot. Register if you haven't and VOTE.

Isn't it easier to just bitch on here?
Back to top Go down
jrroberts

The Sports Complex Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 11:37 am

FHSU get no money from the sales tax. They will only help pay for some of the parking lot and cost of getting utilities out there. There stadium is funded totally out of their budget.

You keep talking about the economy but this is an opportunity to bring money to the community. Even if times get tough we know that sports parent will keep shelling out big bucks for their kids to chase the dream. There is no other business or thing we could bring into this town that can generate as much revenue. Maybe you aren’t business owners but I am and we need the money so that we hire people and buy things and put this money in your pockets.

extra cost .25 cents for 100 dollars. Potential income to town millions.
Back to top Go down
slider
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
slider

Number of posts : 1289
Registration date : 2008-06-27

The Sports Complex Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 6:36 pm

jrroberts wrote:

extra cost .25 cents for 100 dollars. Potential income to town millions.

That really should read .... Extra Cost .25 cents for $100 dollars. Potential cost to town MILLIONS!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Sports Complex Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Sports Complex
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next