Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

The Sports Complex

Go down 
+31
alg8tr
lilchefed
kidrkp
wwtp73
Degeneration X
lyric
rebelicia
crutch51
plowboy
wilkykav2
slider
nobodysbusiness
luv2cook
dubious
zeke
suzyj
stargatefan
creed_23010
Blackie Kuhn
LukeTHr
nitromaxx98
Devils Advocate
Samwitty
Roadstar
slickjay12
jessks75
dz724
fescue
jrroberts
The Other One
Justoo
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
jessks75
All Star
All Star
jessks75

Number of posts : 2007
Registration date : 2008-03-25

The Sports Complex - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 5:09 pm

hehe!!! My voice has been heard!!! Finally! Cause with kids, you know it never is!!
OK back to topic!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jessks75
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 5:11 pm

jessks75 wrote:
hehe!!! My voice has been heard!!! Finally! Cause with kids, you know it never is!!
OK back to topic!

They can't hear you and nobody did it.
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

Number of posts : 1170
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 8:21 pm

Here's the thing they arent telling us. These feieds will be used (from what Ive been told) by kids who play traveling ball. In other words, a select few. Usually a rich select few. Thats the main reason I cant support it. If these were for all the kids in Hays then it would be different but they arent, and thats a shame.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 12:54 am

luv2cook wrote:
Here's the thing they arent telling us. These feieds will be used (from what Ive been told) by kids who play traveling ball. In other words, a select few. Usually a rich select few. Thats the main reason I cant support it. If these were for all the kids in Hays then it would be different but they arent, and thats a shame.

The notion that the soccer club is only for the "select few" rich kids is a complete fallacy. Whoever told you that either has no idea what they're talking about or they are intentionally misleading you.

The sports complex is a joint project between the Hays Soccer Club, the Hays Rec Commission and Fort Hays State. The fields will be used for rec league soccer as well as games for the traveling teams, or as you call them, the "select few." But let me set the record straight about the soccer club. Hays is not a large community, and it does not hand pick the players on the soccer club team. In fact, there is often a shortage of players, especially on the girls' teams. For example, two years ago, the U-14 girls team was disbanded before the season started due to lack of players, despite radio ads to recruit them. The girls had the option of playing on the boys' team, but many of them felt intimidated playing with boys and didn't play. My younger daughter was one of those who sat that season out.

One of the things that keeps parents from allowing their kids to play on the club teams is that all of the league games are out of town. This means four Sunday trips to Salina in addition to the usual three tournaments, which are usually in Hutchinson, Topeka and either Leavenworth or Manhattan. The strain that this puts on the parents' budgets could be eased significantly if they had some of the games in Hays. This might get some potentially excellent players to join the often undermanned teams. Even so, I doubt seriously if Hays will get to the point that they will be holding try-outs for the teams. From what I have observed, every player who has been willing to show up for practices and games has had a place on a team. Those who have problems with transportation and/or lodging have always had other families volunteer to help. The teams are like extended families. However, playing home games would mean a lot to many of the kids.

By the way, I understand that the Hays U-10 girls won the Governor's Cup tournament today in Topeka. Congrats.

The boys' Gov Cup is next weekend. If you doubt what I said about the comraderie on the teams among the kids and the parents, just show up at Kiku Japanese Steakhouse on Saturday evening and observe.
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Number of posts : 3515

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 1:01 am

nitromaxx98 wrote:
LukeTHr wrote:
I watched the presentation this past weekend on eagle cable 14 and I have to say I really think they are swinging wild on this one. Some of the points I have to disagree with are

1: It would help to make Hays a better place to attract and retain employees for places like the hospital and nextech.

Why should that be put on the backs of the taxpayers???

2: They want the sales tax to generate enough revenue to be able to set aside money for maintainence of the complex for 10 years.

Shouldn't that money come from the user fees??

Hays will have to do nearly 1.1 million dollars in taxable sales per day just to pay for the complex, let alone maintain it for 10 years. Remember the tax is proposed to sunset in 4 years.
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 9:37 am

The Other One wrote:

One of the things that keeps parents from allowing their kids to play on the club teams is that all of the league games are out of town. This means four Sunday trips to Salina in addition to the usual three tournaments, which are usually in Hutchinson, Topeka and either Leavenworth or Manhattan. The strain that this puts on the parents' budgets could be eased significantly if they had some of the games in Hays.

And once again the many are expected to pay for the activities of the few. I have my own hobbies and activities that I enjoy and i don't expect the rest of the world to foot the bill for my interests. On top of that, I don't expect folks to fund me for 10 years down the road.
Back to top Go down
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 12:17 pm

LukeTHr wrote:
The Other One wrote:

One of the things that keeps parents from allowing their kids to play on the club teams is that all of the league games are out of town. This means four Sunday trips to Salina in addition to the usual three tournaments, which are usually in Hutchinson, Topeka and either Leavenworth or Manhattan. The strain that this puts on the parents' budgets could be eased significantly if they had some of the games in Hays.

And once again the many are expected to pay for the activities of the few. I have my own hobbies and activities that I enjoy and i don't expect the rest of the world to foot the bill for my interests. On top of that, I don't expect folks to fund me for 10 years down the road.
How do they know if out of town teams will be willing to travel to Hays or if there is room on the schedule?
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

Number of posts : 1936

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 2:14 pm

Blackie Kuhn wrote:
LukeTHr wrote:
The Other One wrote:

How do they know if out of town teams will be willing to travel to Hays or if there is room on the schedule?

must be like in Field of Dreams.......... if you build, they will come..........

So if this is built, what will become of all the other fields that have had all the recent improvements done to them? Will they be abandoned? Seems like a lot of wasted money if thats the case.....
Back to top Go down
kidrkp

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-04-24

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 3:10 pm

The Other One wrote:

By the way, I understand that the Hays U-10 girls won the Governor's Cup tournament today in Topeka. Congrats

They don't have a U-10 team, was the older girls or younger?
Back to top Go down
slider
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
slider

Number of posts : 1289
Registration date : 2008-06-27

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 4:20 pm

The Other One wrote:
By the way, I understand that the Hays U-10 girls won the Governor's Cup tournament today in Topeka. Congrats.

Suspect Isn't a single mention of it in the Hays Daily News Sports Section. They have stories as far back as October 15th, yet no mention of this event. You would figure with this being such a huge draw for Hays and Western Kansas in General it would have been front page news with the upcoming Election Initative and such!! Suspect
Back to top Go down
lilchefed
Rookie
Rookie
lilchefed

Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 7:19 pm

slider wrote:
The Other One wrote:

Suspect Isn't a single mention of it in the Hays Daily News Sports Section. They have stories as far back as October 15th, yet no mention of this event. You would figure with this being such a huge draw for Hays and Western Kansas in General it would have been front page news with the upcoming Election Initative and such!! Suspect

Have you ever seen the HDN cover any non high school sports? It is pretty few and far between. I can't believe you guys don't complain about the paper, it seems right up you guys alley.

FYI, the complex would probably be used more for Rec games (youth soccer, flag football, baseball, softball) and be supplemented with tournaments. The other fields would then be used for practice. They wouldn't replace all fields to practice as some of these would still be used for games. The rec has a pretty hard time finding places for teams to play and practice. Many youth teams practice or pretty crappy fields, go down to Seven Hills park and see a kid full of stickers and see if that's where you'd like to practice.

Also, these sports complex people have done their homework, they have asked the Soccer club about tournaments and when and how many, etc etc.

You know they offer many ways to get information, including a town hall meeting, maybe you guys should have attended and asked some of your questions so that you could be better informed, instead of coming on here and just complaining, but that does seem to be the reason for the forum, I guess.
Back to top Go down
slider
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
slider

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 9:08 pm

I don't care how many "Studies" they have done and how many "Imaginary Dollars" it will bring into the Hays Economy, The Sports Complex will still be the next "Tax Dollar White Elephant" just like the Aquatic Park that loses more and more money each year.
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 9:50 pm

The Other One wrote:
luv2cook wrote:

The notion that the soccer club is only for the "select few" rich kids is a complete fallacy. Whoever told you that either has no idea what they're talking about or they are intentionally misleading you.

The sports complex is a joint project between the Hays Soccer Club, the Hays Rec Commission and Fort Hays State. The fields will be used for rec league soccer as well as games for the traveling teams, or as you call them, the "select few." But let me set the record straight about the soccer club. Hays is not a large community, and it does not hand pick the players on the soccer club team. In fact, there is often a shortage of players, especially on the girls' teams. For example, two years ago, the U-14 girls team was disbanded before the season started due to lack of players, despite radio ads to recruit them. The girls had the option of playing on the boys' team, but many of them felt intimidated playing with boys and didn't play. My younger daughter was one of those who sat that season out.

One of the things that keeps parents from allowing their kids to play on the club teams is that all of the league games are out of town. This means four Sunday trips to Salina in addition to the usual three tournaments, which are usually in Hutchinson, Topeka and either Leavenworth or Manhattan. The strain that this puts on the parents' budgets could be eased significantly if they had some of the games in Hays. This might get some potentially excellent players to join the often undermanned teams. Even so, I doubt seriously if Hays will get to the point that they will be holding try-outs for the teams. From what I have observed, every player who has been willing to show up for practices and games has had a place on a team. Those who have problems with transportation and/or lodging have always had other families volunteer to help. The teams are like extended families. However, playing home games would mean a lot to many of the kids.

The boys' Gov Cup is next weekend. If you doubt what I said about the comraderie on the teams among the kids and the parents, just show up at Kiku Japanese Steakhouse on Saturday evening and observe.

Actually, I was referring to the taveling softball and baseball teams. And I can also tell you that Ive talked to many a parent and the reason all of them stated to me as to why their child doesnt participate in traveling leagues is the COST, not just the travel. You guys need to at least be upfront about this if you are going to defend it. Traveling ball is not free and Im not talking about the money involved for gas to travel.
Back to top Go down
lilchefed
Rookie
Rookie
lilchefed

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 10:14 pm

slider wrote:
I don't care how many "Studies" they have done and how many "Imaginary Dollars" it will bring into the Hays Economy, The Sports Complex will still be the next "Tax Dollar White Elephant" just like the Aquatic Park that loses more and more money each year.

Regardless if you or I or some study thinks this will bring money into Hays (which I think it will and do put some weight into the study, maybe not to the dollar amount they are saying) there is a quality of life component to this. Like the Library, out community needs things like this and the Library makes no money and is nothing but a money loss. If the pool just breaks even (and I know it doesn't, mainly due to repairs) I'm okay with that as it is something a community needs. There are soo many things taxes are wasted on, like the city paying for tree limbs, yet it makes the city a better place.
Back to top Go down
lilchefed
Rookie
Rookie
lilchefed

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 10:19 pm

luv2cook wrote:
Actually, I was referring to the taveling softball and baseball teams. And I can also tell you that Ive talked to many a parent and the reason all of them stated to me as to why their child doesnt participate in traveling leagues is the COST, not just the travel. You guys need to at least be upfront about this if you are going to defend it. Traveling ball is not free and Im not talking about the money involved for gas to travel.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but most traveling teams are self funded, they are not supported by Hays Rec, Hays Baseball, etc. These teams (kids and parents) have to foot the bill for uniforms, entry fees, etc., so yes, they aren't free and it helps if you have the money. However, like I pointed out above, most of the games will probably be rec games supplemented with tournaments, so your average kid playing for Hays Rec on a non traveling team will be able to play at the complex. But of course the rec charges a fee to play, so yes the kid's parents (whomever) would have to come up with some fee, but nothing more than the do now.
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 10:27 pm

lilchefed wrote:
luv2cook wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but most traveling teams are self funded, they are not supported by Hays Rec, Hays Baseball, etc. These teams (kids and parents) have to foot the bill for uniforms, entry fees, etc., so yes, they aren't free and it helps if you have the money. However, like I pointed out above, most of the games will probably be rec games supplemented with tournaments, so your average kid playing for Hays Rec on a non traveling team will be able to play at the complex. But of course the rec charges a fee to play, so yes the kid's parents (whomever) would have to come up with some fee, but nothing more than the do now.

So, why can't the kids play at the facilities that already exist?
Back to top Go down
lilchefed
Rookie
Rookie
lilchefed

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 10:36 pm

nitromaxx98 wrote:
So, why can't the kids play at the facilities that already exist?

I believe they are overbooked at all ages. They currently play youth soccer on Saturdays and flag football on Sundays. At the upper ages, they have more people who want to play softball then they can schedule, so people complain that they can't make a set schedule, then add in the lack of practice.

But then you do add in the "traveling" teams and them wanting to host their own tournaments.

Plus there seems to be this notion that the city will continue to expand the water and sewer plants. Remember 10 years ago there was a nice large parking area in front of the little baseball fields on Vine by the water treatment plant, but now the city has it fenced off for equipment storage.
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 10:42 pm

lilchefed wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but most traveling teams are self funded, they are not supported by Hays Rec, Hays Baseball, etc. These teams (kids and parents) have to foot the bill for uniforms, entry fees, etc., so yes, they aren't free and it helps if you have the money. .

Hence my comment about the kids with money being the ones to use those fields alot of the time. And has the Hays Rec weighed in and specifically said that they will be using those fields as well? I havent seen that anywhere? Do you have a link to that quote?
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 11:04 pm

luv2cook wrote:
lilchefed wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but most traveling teams are self funded, they are not supported by Hays Rec, Hays Baseball, etc. These teams (kids and parents) have to foot the bill for uniforms, entry fees, etc., so yes, they aren't free and it helps if you have the money. .

Hence my comment about the kids with money being the ones to use those fields alot of the time. And has the Hays Rec weighed in and specifically said that they will be using those fields as well? I havent seen that anywhere? Do you have a link to that quote?

Nor have we seen how a half cent sales tax over an 4 year period is supposed to not only pay for the facility, but pay for maintainance for ten years.
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

Number of posts : 2245

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 11:27 pm

We can just burn it down if need be ya know??? lol!
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 11:57 pm

wilkykav2 wrote:
We can just burn it down if need be ya know??? lol!

I be likin' yer thinkin', Matey....
Back to top Go down
lilchefed
Rookie
Rookie
lilchefed

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 12:11 am

nitromaxx98 wrote:
luv2cook wrote:
lilchefed wrote:

Nor have we seen how a half cent sales tax over an 4 year period is supposed to not only pay for the facility, but pay for maintainance for ten years.

Wow, someone on here actually wanting sources, I like it!!

Here's a video (an old one) from Roger Bixenman the HRC superintendent, one of his first lines says Youth and Adult and then he says tournaments, I'm pointing out that he didn't mention tournaments first.

http://hayssportscomplex.com/index.asp?DocumentID=14

The funding has been proven, the city of Hays currently has a 1/2 cent sales tax that goes to the City's general fund and they have stated on avg. they receive 2.5 million per year with this sales tax, which is of course is the same percent the complex is supposed to be funded by. So if the city raises 2.5 million on 1/2 cent sales tax, why wouldn't the the complex?? Here's the city's audit report, on page 19 of the report (page 22 of the .pdf) shows the Non-Operating Revenues: Local Sales Tax = $2,500,286, up from $2,360,411 for 2006.

http://www.haysusa.com/html/city_audits.html

I do realize it doesn't say 1/2 cent....so, if you go back to page 3 (page 6 of the .pdf), second paragraph under FINANCIAL HIGHLIGHTS, it talks about the 3/4% sales tax that raised $3,750,431. Take that divide by 3 (to get it on a 1/4%) times 2 (to get it to 1/2) and you get = $2,500,287, thus proving that a 1/2 cent sales tax will raise the 2.5 million times 4 years to get $10 million total. With the city having budgeted about $2.6 million for the current year (http://www.haysusa.com/2008_BUDGET_Web.pdf).

The voting ballet question says no more than $8 million can be spent on the complex for "capital and financing costs" which is the direct wording from the question (it was in the Hays Daily last Friday I think, in one of the public announcements). So if sales tax is only 2.5 million per year, that raises at least 2 million for maintenance and I believe the complex people said they got an estimate from the city on this on how much it would cost. I don't think they would throw that 10 years in there if they didn't think it wouldn't be covered. They wouldn't want to find any reason this thing would be thrown out.
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 12:32 am

lilchefed wrote:
I don't think they would throw that 10 years in there if they didn't think it wouldn't be covered. They wouldn't want to find any reason this thing would be thrown out.

Then why are we still paying tax on the pool and $3 per month for poly?
Back to top Go down
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 1:07 am

I bet Iberdola would kick in some money if the wind farm went through without any snags
Back to top Go down
lilchefed
Rookie
Rookie
lilchefed

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 1:14 am

nitromaxx98 wrote:
lilchefed wrote:
I don't think they would throw that 10 years in there if they didn't think it wouldn't be covered. They wouldn't want to find any reason this thing would be thrown out.

Were aren't paying for the pool:

Sales tax history:

Pool 1/2 goes on October 1998, expires September 2001
Library 1/2 goes on October 2001, expires March 2003
Buget Stablization and Mill levi buy down goes on April 2003 January 2005 for 3/4, not set period to expire.

Its this last tax that everyone seems to forget and thinks its still the pool and its a crap tax, in that property taxes were supposed to go down and of course they didn't.

But citizens in Hays (I wasn't here at the time) voted for it.

As for the Ploy's, that's just part of life, I have no facts to point out on that one.

Last edited by lilchefed on Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 2:47 am

slider wrote:
The Other One wrote:

I was wrong, sort of. I thought the kid whose mother I talked to was on the U-10 team. Apparently the Hays Galaxy is a U-9 team. They beat a team from Topeka (SSC=Sunflower Soccer Club) 4-0 in the final. Here's the link from the Topeka Capital Journal: Gov Cup Girls' Competitive Results. Any other questions?
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 3:07 am

luv2cook wrote:
lilchefed wrote:

So you have your answer. You were fed a line of BS. By the way, the Hays Soccer Club also has financial assistance available for kids who want to play but whose families can't afford it. And unlike Obama's involuntary "spreading the wealth," the money comes from fundraisers, such as the players and parents serving at the FHSU Madrigal Dinner, and from donations given by people who have the money and want to give a deserving kid an opportunity. Also, the total cost that the players pay to the club each season is about a hundred bucks, which includes entry fees, uniforms, etc. The kids do have to have their own shoes, shinguards and any other optional equipment they may want to use, but the travel is the major expense.

In the interest of equal time, Hays Rec also provides financial assistance in all of their youth sports programs for kids whose families can't afford the cost.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 8:12 am

lilchefed is as full of shit as a christmas goose.
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 8:15 am

mikecc wrote:
I found lichefed to be informative and for the most part accurate. Would you care to elaborate on where you take exception to his posts so that he might defend his statements?
Back to top Go down
lilchefed
Rookie
Rookie
lilchefed

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 8:22 am

Justoo wrote:
mikecc wrote:
I found lichefed to be informative and for the most part accurate. Would you care to elaborate on where you take exception to his posts so that he might defend his statements?

Don't bother...You can't fix stupid.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 9:08 am

sounds to me like MORE taxes...More EXPENSES, MORE Government. Like I said FULL of SHIT!
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 9:39 am

nitromaxx98 wrote:
lilchefed wrote:

YOU ASSHOLE!!!!!You brought up the damn polycart again!!!! lol!

The Sports Complex - Page 4 185511
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 9:49 am

More TAXES More GOVERNMENT More OBAMA!!!!
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 10:17 am

wilkykav2 wrote:
nitromaxx98 wrote:
lilchefed wrote:

YOU ASSHOLE!!!!!You brought up the damn polycart again!!!! lol!

The Sports Complex - Page 4 185511

I thought Poly was his parrot. Or his hooker.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 10:19 am

What state has the most numerous forms of Government in the US?
Back to top Go down
kidrkp

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-04-24

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 10:33 am

Yes, HSC does have financial assistance for those who need it, but that is only for the $50 that each child has to pay that covers league and tourney fees. So, can anybody play on the soccer club, absolutely, but do you have to have the funds to be able to travel, absolutely. It cost about $500 per tournament, which includes gas, hotel, food etc. You do that 3x a season..not to mention the 4x going to Salina. You fill your tank, eat, and shop in between games. So would it be nice to be able to host a tournament?!? Absolutely!!! I believe it would certainly bring more money into the community. You have to try in get hotel rooms months and months in advance in order to ensure a room. That would be great to have all the hotel rooms filled up a couple times a year. I think it would be beneficial for everyone!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 10:45 am

More BS. Spend more money. Spend more money. Spend more money. When will you people learn? Spend more money. Spend more money. Spend more money. Drive around town. Look around at all the soccer fields and nets in disuse and disrepair. Spend more money. Spend more money. Spend more money. Tax yourselves into the poor house. Spend more money. Spend more money. Spend more money. Soon it will pay to drive to Kearney to spend MY money. Spend more money. Spend more money. Spend more money. Games and tourneys can be played on fields we currently own. Spend more money. Spend more money. Spend more money. Spend 8 million plus 10 years of "projected expenses" for a soccer tourney. Y'all are friggin' nuts. Spend more money. Spend more money. Spend more money. You just spent $700,000,000,000.00 and you are STILL writing Checks. Spend more money. Spend more money. Spend more money. You people must have some killer jobs to afford all this. Spend more money. Spend more money. Spend more money.

Last edited by mikecc on Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Not enough zeros in SEVEN HUNDRED BILLION)
Back to top Go down
slider
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
slider

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 10:59 am

Like I've said before, all of the Restuarants, Motels and Shopping are at least 5 miles (drive it in either direction going North or East) from this illustrious Sports Facility that will the Economic Saviour and bring those millions and millions of Soccer Club dollars to the cash strapped City of Hays.

It smells like the smae old tired Bull$hit, all of the Economic Studies and pie in the sky promises certainly read like the same old song and dance Bull$hit that have been used time and time again to sell the residents of this City and County the Government Cheese.

The County is using the same spin to try and bamboozle the voters into their Hadley Project. They have a Public Meeting and 30 people show up, most of them County Employees and they wonder if there is a lack of Public Interest in the latest Finnegan's Folly with our tax dollars.
Back to top Go down
nobodysbusiness
Admin
Admin
nobodysbusiness

Number of posts : 2062

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 12:32 pm

lilchefed wrote:
instead of coming on here and just complaining, but that does seem to be the reason for the forum, I guess.

I don't think that statement is true in any way.
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 1:47 pm

The Other One wrote:
luv2cook wrote:
lilchefed wrote:

So you have your answer. You were fed a line of BS. By the way, the Hays Soccer Club also has financial assistance available for kids who want to play but whose families can't afford it. And unlike Obama's involuntary "spreading the wealth," the money comes from fundraisers, such as the players and parents serving at the FHSU Madrigal Dinner, and from donations given by people who have the money and want to give a deserving kid an opportunity. Also, the total cost that the players pay to the club each season is about a hundred bucks, which includes entry fees, uniforms, etc. The kids do have to have their own shoes, shinguards and any other optional equipment they may want to use, but the travel is the major expense.

In the interest of equal time, Hays Rec also provides financial assistance in all of their youth sports programs for kids whose families can't afford the cost.

Once again, Im not referring to soccer. My kid doesnt play it, I dont watch it, really dont care about it, think its a stupid sport, etc etc. Im referring to traveling baseball/softball.

And as far as costs see the post below.

kidrkp wrote:
Yes, HSC does have financial assistance for those who need it, but that is only for the $50 that each child has to pay that covers league and tourney fees. So, can anybody play on the soccer club, absolutely, but do you have to have the funds to be able to travel, absolutely. It cost about $500 per tournament, which includes gas, hotel, food etc. You do that 3x a season..not to mention the 4x going to Salina. You fill your tank, eat, and shop in between games.
!

That is for soccer and its my understanding that its every bit as much for baseball/softball. Now I dont know about you, but I dont have 1500 to blow on my kid playing on a traveling team no matter how good he or she may be.
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 2:46 pm

I think mike wants us to spend more money,...................I think lol!

Well it SEEMS like ALOT of people don't want to pay for it AND wont' use it.Who the fuck has the right to make me(or anyone else) pay for something I don't want or need??

If I want a Caddilac Escalade ain't nobody gonna MAKE met get a Prius just because it's good for the environment. The Sports Complex - Page 4 555861
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 6:21 pm

wilkykav2 wrote:
Who the fuck has the right to make me(or anyone else) pay for something I don't want or need??

Exactly the way I feel about Congress.
Back to top Go down
alg8tr
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
alg8tr

Number of posts : 584

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 6:39 pm

If they built it up on yawn hill, Elizabeth Polly could walk the halls in comfort for once. Yeah, I voted no. Guess who I voted for ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigalstoons.net
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 6:54 pm

alg8tr wrote:
If they built it up on yawn hill, Elizabeth Polly could walk the halls in comfort for once. Yeah, I voted no. Guess who I voted for ?

And how much taxpayer money did the county dole out for your racetrack? And what has been the economic impact of that?
Back to top Go down
plowboy
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 212

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 7:20 am

Ouch
Back to top Go down
lilchefed
Rookie
Rookie
lilchefed

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 1:41 pm

Proof that Hays can use a sports complex is based on this HRC email I just received:

Blue & White Soccer Fields
Moved to Glassman West Outfield

If Hays had adequate facilities kids wouldn't be playing soccer in baseball outfields.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 2:07 pm

'come on now....lilchef, All the proof we need for a multi year, multi million dollar Government Expenditure is an Email to you? No wonder the U.S. of A. is in the condition it is in, thx to people like you.
Back to top Go down
slider
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
slider

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 3:30 pm

lilchefed wrote:
Proof that Hays can use a sports complex is based on this HRC email I just received:
Blue & White Soccer Fields
Moved to Glassman West Outfield
If Hays had adequate facilities kids wouldn't be playing soccer in baseball outfields.

It isn't like anyone is using them to play baseball on them now. Come on people, we don't need to waste money on single use facilities wi=th specialized fields for every sport. For the love of God, just how much more do you want the taxpayers of Hays, Ellis County and every person who comes to Hays to pay for the use of a very select few?

When I was a kid, my parents didn't have to rely on Rec Commission to find a way for us all to spend time to "Entertain Us or Babysit Us" with every Sport under the Sun, activities out the the Rec Center that are never full and are a massive waste of taxpayer money. My Parents actually spent time with us by taking us to do fun things like fishing, hunting, golfing, playing catch with us out in the yard. They simply didn't drop us off at the Rec Center or a Sports Practice and let others do the things that they really should be doing with their kids. Most parents now use Video Games and Hays Rec Programs to be their babysitters and to provide their kids alledgely proper supervision because they are simply too lazy to do it themselves.

The Sports Complex - Page 4 929670
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 3:49 pm

slider wrote:
When I was a kid, my parents didn't have to rely on Rec Commission to find a way for us all to spend time to "Entertain Us or Babysit Us" with every Sport under the Sun, activities out the the Rec Center that are never full and are a massive waste of taxpayer money.

What I heard slider saying as I read what he wrote:
Back in my day, we didn't have any of these newfangled things like organized sports. Sure we played baseball, but we took the same branch that our parents used to beat the shit out of us and used it for a bat, and we used rocks for balls. We didn't waste any money on gloves, either. We just used empty pork 'n' beans (that's all our parents would feed us) cans to catch the rocks in. Coaches? Who the hell needed 'em? We made up the rules as we went, and if the non-Chermins on the other team didn't like our rules, we took our sticks and rocks and went home. That's the way it was, and we liked it.
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

Number of posts : 3438

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 3:55 pm

Not everybody's kid excels at sports. Not everybody's kid is even interested in sports. I don't think that the majority should pay for something benefitting few.

jmo
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=790394051
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Sports Complex   The Sports Complex - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Sports Complex
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next