Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

Hays Orthopedists

Go down 
+13
Justoo
The Other One
wilkykav2
my2cents
fescue
steinem
jessks75
slickjay12
nobodysbusiness
luv2cook
cobra_kel
Blackie Kuhn
SciFi
17 posters
AuthorMessage
SciFi
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SciFi

Number of posts : 1242
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Hays Orthopedists Empty
PostSubject: Hays Orthopedists   Hays Orthopedists Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 5:02 pm

Any recommendations on orthopedists in Hays? I have an ankle I need tending to. I made an appointment with Dr. Flesky in Great Bend, but it isn't until October. I hear he's supposed to be good. But if there is someone in Hays who is good and can get me in sooner then I would consider that. Thanks, for any recs.
Back to top Go down
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-13

Hays Orthopedists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hays Orthopedists   Hays Orthopedists Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 6:07 pm

My advice is to stick with Fleske
Back to top Go down
cobra_kel
cobra_kel

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Hays Orthopedists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hays Orthopedists   Hays Orthopedists Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 6:19 pm

You could probably get an earlier appointment at hays orthopaedic center, but bring food and lots of reading material, because you will wait in that lobby forever! I say stick with your great bend doctor.
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

Number of posts : 1170
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Hays Orthopedists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hays Orthopedists   Hays Orthopedists Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 7:46 pm

cobra_kel wrote:
You could probably get an earlier appointment at hays orthopaedic center, but bring food and lots of reading material, because you will wait in that lobby forever! I say stick with your great bend doctor.

Big fat word on this. Hays Ortho is a nightmare. If you can stick it out and go with the guy in Great Bend, unless you want to literally spend hours waiting to be seen out at HO.
Back to top Go down
nobodysbusiness
Admin
Admin
nobodysbusiness

Number of posts : 2062

Hays Orthopedists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hays Orthopedists   Hays Orthopedists Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 8:36 pm

I agree - stick with Fleske. Good doc. Not knife happy like HO.
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

Number of posts : 2299

Hays Orthopedists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hays Orthopedists   Hays Orthopedists Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 9:09 pm

nobodysbusiness wrote:
I agree - stick with Fleske. Good doc. Not knife happy like HO.

thats a good thing when it comes the ankles. I rolled mine really severely in 8th during the long jump. I landed in the pit and both my ankles rolled. Tried rehab for about 2months then the dr said it was not workin so the cut me.
Back to top Go down
jessks75
All Star
All Star
jessks75

Number of posts : 2007

Hays Orthopedists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hays Orthopedists   Hays Orthopedists Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 10:43 pm

Stick to your Great Bend doctor, I can tell you nightmare stories about them and my daughter, If you want to know Just ask!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jessks75
steinem
Rookie
Rookie
steinem

Number of posts : 150

Hays Orthopedists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hays Orthopedists   Hays Orthopedists Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 11:44 pm

Flesky's your man. His partner's supposed to be good too.
Back to top Go down
fescue
Rookie
Rookie
fescue

Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Hays Orthopedists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hays Orthopedists   Hays Orthopedists Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 8:44 am

I got 2 botched surgeries from the fine dr's at hays orthopedic
Back to top Go down
my2cents
Rookie
Rookie
my2cents

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Hays Orthopedists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hays Orthopedists   Hays Orthopedists Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 9:34 pm

My son had torn his ACL and MCL in his knee while he was playing football.

A teacher from Kennedy (Mr. Mastin) told me of a doctor in Kansas City by the name of Dr. Steven Joyce who did shoulder surgery on his son. This clinic's doctors do the ortho surgeries on the Kansas City Chiefs and Royals. Although Dr. Steven Joyce only works on shoulders, Dr. Jones Lowry only works on knees.

Dr. Lowry did the surgery on my son and I am so glad that was the route we took. I had 2 sons that played football and gave 200% and they had the injuries to prove it. Both the boys had shoulder surgeries in Hays as well as a game keepers thumb injury which also required surgery. The 2 shoulder surgeries were complete failures. They have pain everyday of their lives. The thumb is so so he has some pain off and on.

If ever someone in my family ever needs to have ortho surgery ever again I will make the treck to Kansas City anytime. Surgery on your joints is not something you want to mess with, you will have them for a lifetime.

Drs. Steven Joyce and Jones Lowry; 4320 Wornall Rd # 610; Kansas City, MO 64111; (816) 531-5757‎
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

Number of posts : 2245

Hays Orthopedists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hays Orthopedists   Hays Orthopedists Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 11:23 pm

I may have issues with all doc's in Hays-but my pediatrician,but I have been to Hays ortho many times and never waited long...............still go somewhere else though
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675

Hays Orthopedists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hays Orthopedists   Hays Orthopedists Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 11:39 pm

my2cents wrote:
My son had torn his ACL and MCL in his knee while he was playing football.

Glad you found a good doctor for him.

I tore my meniscus while playing basketball with my 13-year-old son back in March. After some cautious treatment by my regular doctor, she sent me to Dr. Teter at Tallgrass Orthopedic here in Topeka. He did arthroscopic surgery on July 1st. This was also the first day of vacation for me, and we had planned to go to Branson for the 4th. I reserved an electric cart at Celebration City, but I never needed it. I was out of the hospital by 11am. By that evening, I had stopped using the crutches to go to the bathroom. Although my wife and my son did the driving on the way to Springfield, I started driving that day. No problems. Despite the hills, I never had too much pain to go on in Branson. We stayed at Celebration City until 10:30pm on the 4th and walked around Branson Landing the next day. I was amazed at the results of this surgery. I would highly recommend Dr. Teter.
Back to top Go down
SciFi
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SciFi

Number of posts : 1242

Hays Orthopedists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hays Orthopedists   Hays Orthopedists Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 12:09 am

Thanks, so much, all!
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812

Hays Orthopedists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hays Orthopedists   Hays Orthopedists Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 7:01 am

I had hand surgery locally. The said the surgery was successful. I said the hand is far worse than when we started. The did it again. They said they were successful again. I said it was better than the first surgery but worse than when they started.

Since then I have been forced to change careers due to their successful surgery. Apparently a successful surgery in Hays is determined by whether a certificate of death is necessary after the surgery.

Enjoy your trips to GB.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675

Hays Orthopedists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hays Orthopedists   Hays Orthopedists Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 2:25 pm

Justoo wrote:
Apparently a successful surgery in Hays is determined by whether a certificate of death is necessary after the surgery.

I had "successful" surgery for a deviated septum in Hays. According to Oz, I still snore. I've never heard it, though.

Many years ago, however, Dr. Kevin McDonald did a vasectomy reversal on me. He made no promises, and told us not to even expect any pregnancy for at least a year. My oldest was born 11 months later.

Last I knew, Dr. McDonald was at KU Med Center in Kansas City.
Back to top Go down
plowboy
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 212

Hays Orthopedists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hays Orthopedists   Hays Orthopedists Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 7:27 am

Dr. Kevin McDonald is back in Hays, KS. I do believe.
Back to top Go down
jessks75
All Star
All Star
jessks75

Hays Orthopedists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hays Orthopedists   Hays Orthopedists Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 9:59 pm

The Other One wrote:
Justoo wrote:
Apparently a successful surgery in Hays is determined by whether a certificate of death is necessary after the surgery.

I had "successful" surgery for a deviated septum in Hays. According to Oz, I still snore. I've never heard it, though.

Many years ago, however, Dr. Kevin McDonald did a vasectomy reversal on me. He made no promises, and told us not to even expect any pregnancy for at least a year. My oldest was born 11 months later.

hehe...sorry But thats FUNNY
My friends dude has had two vasectomy by a local doctor and he still produces sperm.........Poor guy!!!
I can only laugh when I think about it!!!
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

Number of posts : 2299

Hays Orthopedists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hays Orthopedists   Hays Orthopedists Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 10:11 pm

jessks75 wrote:
The Other One wrote:
Justoo wrote:

hehe...sorry But thats FUNNY
My friends dude has had two vasectomy by a local doctor and he still produces sperm.........Poor guy!!!
I can only laugh when I think about it!!!

DAMN he is good lol! afro Can't keep a good sperm down cheers
Back to top Go down
Y&R Junkie

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-05-02

Hays Orthopedists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hays Orthopedists   Hays Orthopedists Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 2:44 pm

My husband had surgery on a broken tibia and fibula with Dr. Ahad and had a good experience. He is very caring, even stopped us in the parking lot at the hospital one day to ask how my husband was doing. We've never waited more than 15 minutes to get in for a follow up appointment. Just wanted to letchya know that there are people out there that have been happy with surgery in hays. Best of luck to you!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Samwitty
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Samwitty

Number of posts : 873

Hays Orthopedists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hays Orthopedists   Hays Orthopedists Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 11:50 pm

Dr. Ahad did both my dads knees, two years ago, both came out great.
Back to top Go down
http://www.biteme.com
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

Number of posts : 3438

Hays Orthopedists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hays Orthopedists   Hays Orthopedists Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 8:42 am

Samwitty wrote:
Dr. Ahad

Does this make anyone else think of Ray Stevens? lol!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=790394051
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

Number of posts : 2245

Hays Orthopedists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hays Orthopedists   Hays Orthopedists Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 9:22 am

Dr Ahad is a very nice,genuine guy flower
Back to top Go down
jessks75
All Star
All Star
jessks75

Hays Orthopedists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hays Orthopedists   Hays Orthopedists Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 10:53 am

I will say that Dr.Ahad is nice...the others are who I was thinking about!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hays Orthopedists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hays Orthopedists   Hays Orthopedists Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hays Orthopedists
Page 1 of 1