Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

recycling in hays

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
zeke
Rookie
Rookie
zeke

Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2008-03-29

recycling in hays Empty
PostSubject: recycling in hays   recycling in hays Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 12:27 am

is there or isn't there any place in the great city of hace to take recyclables. the place i lived in kansas city there was a fenced off area that the city put in and volunteers would be on hand to help sort items out. they had different trailers in place to place such things as paper, plastic, cans, metal, glossy type paper and so on. in plainville,KS the boy scouts opperate a sight first weekend of every month for recycling, and they seperate everything out for you. why doesn't hays have something like this besides this ridiculous blue bag deal. for me i don't want to go out and buy blue bags to place in an alley where it will just blow away. much rather just toss it into a plastic storage container's and haul it to some site myself and still have my storage container's to REUSE for the next load. that dentist should stick that on his small list of things to do to improve hace america.
Back to top Go down
organprof

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-03-28

recycling in hays Empty
PostSubject: Re: recycling in hays   recycling in hays Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 2:42 am

Years back they had recycling in Dillons parking lot but claimed no volunteers would show up to work when needed. This community would definitely benefit from a recycling center but some brave person needs to approach the City of Hays Commissioners for there approval since they are supposed to govern all lands in Hace.

I agree about the blowing away of cardboard boxes when I've put them out for pickup, they blow on down the street into other's property and is senseless.

You can take cardboard and aluminum both to the Aubel Coors site on E. 8th Street, were you aware of that?
Back to top Go down
zeke
Rookie
Rookie
zeke

Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2008-03-29

recycling in hays Empty
PostSubject: Re: recycling in hays   recycling in hays Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 11:02 am

yes i take cans there. for volunters did they relly on just a hand full of folks to come in weekend after weekend / day after day? or did they try to recruit organizations and schools and businesses to help out. they could say ask the freshman football team from tmp to do it for one weekend, the scedual the hays high basebell team to do it another weekend. maybe even a leadership class or a club at forthays to do it another weekend. all these people could use it as a fund raiser, either by having some kind of free will collection so the people that would use such a site could toss a few bucks in, or the city could find some funds someplace to give to the groups, or a business in town could sponsor it some weekend for a tax write off. the list could go on forever in a town this size and not have the same group do it more then once or twice a year. question is when will thhe place be open for collection, on the weekends, in the evenings, 7 days a week, mornings afternoons all day long?
Back to top Go down
haywood

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-03-31

recycling in hays Empty
PostSubject: Re: recycling in hays   recycling in hays Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 2:27 pm

If you live in the city of Hays, one of the priviledges is having your garbage picked
up and if you choose, your recyclables also. A & A Coors will take some things; call and ask them. The city is already providing the services, choosing to use them or not is
up to you.
Back to top Go down
SKIDMARKS

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-03-31

recycling in hays Empty
PostSubject: Re: recycling in hays   recycling in hays Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 2:29 pm

Well didn't the hays high baseball league have a phone book drive for extra money ? What happen to that ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

recycling in hays Empty
PostSubject: Re: recycling in hays   recycling in hays Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

recycling in hays
Page 1 of 1