Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

Hays - Changes seem progressive.

Go down 
+5
luv2cook
jewelz
jessks75
wilkykav2
lowrider
9 posters
AuthorMessage
lowrider
Rookie
Rookie
lowrider

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Hays - Changes seem progressive. Empty
PostSubject: Hays - Changes seem progressive.   Hays - Changes seem progressive. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 4:14 pm

Earlier this month I spent a week in the Hays area and visited Hays several times. I was surprised in the new businesses. It has been three years since I lived in the area and there really have been significant changes. I do understand that there have been some closings also, but in general it seems to be progressive. Except the Mall. Man that's a sad state of affairs. Anyway how do you locals feel. Just wondering.
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

Number of posts : 2245
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Hays - Changes seem progressive.   Hays - Changes seem progressive. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 4:49 pm

Aren't you my fellow Phoenix homie???? Hays - Changes seem progressive. 364910

Last edited by wilkykav2 on Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sp.)
Back to top Go down
jessks75
All Star
All Star
jessks75

Number of posts : 2007
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Hays - Changes seem progressive.   Hays - Changes seem progressive. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 5:18 pm

i love Hays
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jessks75
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

PostSubject: Re: Hays - Changes seem progressive.   Hays - Changes seem progressive. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 5:21 pm

jessks75 wrote:
i love Hays

I wouldn't say I love Hays,but I would say I like it flower
Back to top Go down
jessks75
All Star
All Star
jessks75

Number of posts : 2007

PostSubject: Re: Hays - Changes seem progressive.   Hays - Changes seem progressive. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 5:21 pm

Ah come on you know we are growing on you!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jessks75
jewelz
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
jewelz

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Hays - Changes seem progressive.   Hays - Changes seem progressive. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 7:31 pm

Hays seems to be progressing. There are always new building going up. I seem to be missing the City life, like I do in the summer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.firstpeople bears.com
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

Number of posts : 1170
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Hays - Changes seem progressive.   Hays - Changes seem progressive. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 7:56 pm

Born and raised here, hated it and moved away for 13 years and then moved home because my dad was sick. Been back for 5 years and now I cant wait to get the hell out of here again. I really honestly hate it here. Once my daughter graduates in 4 years Im out!
Back to top Go down
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Hays - Changes seem progressive.   Hays - Changes seem progressive. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 8:54 pm

Hays is alright,until I visit other cities then I wonder why the hell I'm still here. Hays was and is a great place to raise kids and the schools are excellent. From an adult point of view it sucks and lacking in entertainment and hard to meet others unless you like to hit the bars or play bingo,neither of which interest me.On a positive note, we don't have the traffic and crime problems a lot of places do,and it's a fairly clean town so it ain't all bad.
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Number of posts : 3515

PostSubject: Re: Hays - Changes seem progressive.   Hays - Changes seem progressive. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 10:56 pm

Depends on what your definition of progressive is.

If giving tax breaks to large corporations and crushing the independant businessman while not providing propper street maintenance and instead wasting tax dollars on useless pet projects,

Then yes Hays is progressive.
Back to top Go down
lowrider
Rookie
Rookie
lowrider

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Hays - Changes seem progressive.   Hays - Changes seem progressive. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 2:24 am

Hey Wilky, Phoenix homie, 106 degrees today but that just makes the pool feel better. Nitro no doubt the city did and continues to work to bring large corporations in and I know what happens to small businesses when that occurs. When I lived in Kansas I did not live in Hays but drove there daily for employment. The town I near was very small but at one point did have a gas station as well as a grocery store. Several years ago both closed. Everyone was driving to Hays once a week to shop at Walmart. Of course things were cheaper and while there they filled their cars with gas and bought their groceries. The town now has only a grain elevator and a half time post office. Elderly folks could not live in a town where they could not even buy milk and bread and young people certainly would not stay in an area with nothing to do. Few supported the small businessman because money talks. I too was guilty. Now I have my own small business in a very large city. Go figure.
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

PostSubject: Re: Hays - Changes seem progressive.   Hays - Changes seem progressive. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 2:48 pm

Nice to see you found us homie!!!! Hays - Changes seem progressive. 364910
Back to top Go down
KS1

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Hays - Changes seem progressive.   Hays - Changes seem progressive. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 11:44 am

No Hays is not so bad. We used to live in Denver area...then moved back to hometown of Garden City....and Hays is way better than Garden.
The schools here in Hays are good, and I have to say I have met some wonderful people here.
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

Number of posts : 2299

PostSubject: Re: Hays - Changes seem progressive.   Hays - Changes seem progressive. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 5:19 pm

KS1 wrote:
No Hays is not so bad. We used to live in Denver area...then moved back to hometown of Garden City....and Hays is way better than Garden.
The schools here in Hays are good, and I have to say I have met some wonderful people here.

Does that include meetin little ole' me?? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hays - Changes seem progressive.   Hays - Changes seem progressive. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hays - Changes seem progressive.
Page 1 of 1