Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

FHSU Professor goes crazy!

Go down 
+31
zeke
Bighead
nobodysbusiness
jewelz
dz724
suzyj
jtwice
robert
Samwitty
Blackie Kuhn
Oz
The Other One
Degeneration X
stormy
nitromaxx98
Roadstar
steinem
lucy lou
jrroberts
Smokey Bear
gibleis
LukeTHr
luv2cook
my2cents
SciFi
plowboy
Ratzilla
jessks75
Justoo
slickjay12
bg0308
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
plowboy
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2008-04-01

FHSU Professor goes crazy! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 6:32 am

He's a nut
Back to top Go down
lucy lou

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 10:14 am

slickjay12 wrote:
lucy lou wrote:
Just my opinon. . .

It looked to me that the woman started the whole confrontation. She was cursing at him from the start even while he was sitting on the floor calmly with his feet crossed. As far as the woman he "forcefully pushed her arm away in the video, if I was her I'd be wanting him to be arrested for battery" looked to me that her hand was around his throat . . .

This is the personality you get with a debator that is passionate about the topic they are debating, and why he is so successful in his career and writings.

So you joined just to defend the prof. Let me guess you are a disciple of his?

No, I did not join this forum "just to defend the prof." I joined this forum months ago, because Hays is where I live and I care about what goes on. Am I not entitled to my opinion because it doesn't go with what you and others agree with, and need to be accused of being "a disciple of his"? What about the ones that call him a "nut" and say he needs to be fired, did you ask them if they joined the forum just to bash him?? And NO, I am not "a disciple of his" I am a KU grad and have never attended any function that has to do with FHSU. I am simply someone like you, that likes to read the forum and "chime" in when it is a topic that I find interesting.
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 11:12 am

I may not always agree with you lucy lou, but your comments are always welcome here.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 11:53 am

luv2cook wrote:
steinem wrote:

I agree. He's a very passionate person. And she provoked him.

And I guess the guy in sandals with long hair that threw over the traders tables in the temple in Jeruselem 2000 years ago should be also be scorned for his passionate (sans profanity) behavior.

That you would even compare these two individuals is beyond stupid...I wonder, how much passion does it take to act like a complete and utter ass at a childs t-ball game to the point the 4 cops have to come and haul your sorry ass off?

It amaze's me that people defend this idiots behavior.

I think the guy is overboard in some ways, especially at that ball game, but professors tend to be odd. I don't think the mooning was appropriate but we don't know how it started. One woman I know from Wichita ( she's white) goes into those "black girl" tantrums and I feel like punching her out every time.

And how does anyone know that Jesus never mooned anyone? He could have been a real nut case peeing on everyones legs and throwing shit while making monkey noises for all we know. It wouldn't be the first time history was "cleaned up" by the person writing down the story.
Back to top Go down
stormy

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-04-28

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 8:24 pm

First of all let me say that I love this forum and I don't even reside in the area although I am in Hays 1-2 days per week. I do have very good friends there and I am able to keep up with the local happenings. I was also a grad of FHSU. I once again state I love this forum but generally only as a silent participant. Rule of thumb " don't state your opinion if it is not the same as most cause it's not accepted as an opinion but as stupid". I thought opinions were not right or wrong but just opinions.
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

Number of posts : 1170

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 8:30 pm

By and large I dont see that being true at all Stormy. I think what hacked the majority off was this part of her comment
Quote :
he is so successful in his career and writings
. He's not all that successful and from what Ive heard he's not even that well liked. They just havent been able to find a way to legally can his ass.

Im very opinionated and alot of times I dont agree with the majority. I just say my peace and Im good to go. If people dont agree, thats not my issue.
Back to top Go down
lucy lou

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 8:40 pm

stormy wrote:
Rule of thumb " don't state your opinion if it is not the same as most cause it's not accepted as an opinion but as stupid". I thought opinions were not right or wrong but just opinions.

Well said, or quoted!! Unfortunately, sometimes that is the case. Which is why I made sure to state at the top of my first posting "Just my opinion"
Back to top Go down
lucy lou

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 8:51 pm

luv2cook wrote:
By and large I dont see that being true at all Stormy. I think what hacked the majority off was this part of her comment
Quote :
he is so successful in his career and writings
. He's not all that successful and from what Ive heard he's not even that well liked. They just havent been able to find a way to legally can his ass.

Im very opinionated and alot of times I dont agree with the majority. I just say my peace and Im good to go. If people dont agree, thats not my issue.

Why would my statement as you say "hack the majority off" it is simply a statement I made, and was attacked by slickjay, or whatever his user name is, for stating my opinion. It wasn't made to make others mad or upset, it was simply a statement based on the video we all saw, and information from the internet I read about him.

ANYWAY . . . this thread isn't about me and my opinions, so I am back to silently reading the forum and shaking my head or applauding in the silence of my home. . .
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 9:38 pm

Oh whatever........why is it that some people cant defend their opinions without doing the whole martyr bit?

Oh the drama of it all. Enjoy the silence of your home sweetheart if thats what makes you happy. I mean really, why even bother with the smug little post above if you didnt feel that you were somehow superior to the rest of us.

Rolling Eyes *insert big fat eyeroll here*

Yes, I get that SOME of you apparently cant or wont participate because your opinion isnt amoungst the majority, and you dislike being "attacked" as you put it. SUCK IT UP! Whats hysterical about ALL of this is that its in a thread about a jerk whos famous for attacking people and their opinions. How laughable!
Back to top Go down
lucy lou

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 9:52 pm

luv2cook wrote:
Oh whatever........why is it that some people cant defend their opinions without doing the whole martyr bit?

Oh the drama of it all. Enjoy the silence of your home sweetheart if thats what makes you happy. I mean really, why even bother with the smug little post above if you didnt feel that you were somehow superior to the rest of us.

Yes, I get that SOME of you apparently cant or wont participate because your opinion isnt amoungst the majority, and you dislike being "attacked" as you put it. SUCK IT UP! Whats hysterical about ALL of this is that its in a thread about a jerk whos famous for attacking people and their opinions. How laughable!

"Sweetheart" what are you talking about the whole martyr bit, being superior to the rest and my smug little post ??? I simply stated that I was no longer going to talk about my opinion on this post because that is not what the post is about.

Back to top Go down
lucy lou

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 9:54 pm

luv2cook wrote:
Whats hysterical about ALL of this is that its in a thread about a jerk whos famous for attacking people and their opinions. How laughable!

Do you know this man personally, or are you attacking him because he has his own opinions also?!?!
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 10:59 pm

Seen him act like an ass by berating the umps etc and then attack a man (who was btw recovering from a recent surgery) at a t-ball game last summer, go after the referee, and get hauled off by 4 cops. That good enough for you? Actually it doesnt matter, he's an asshole and there isnt a person alive that would be able to convince me otherwise.

ps there IS an edit button...no need to double post Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 11:09 pm

rectum hell...almost killed 'em.
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 11:34 pm

who do you mean?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 11:36 pm

I just wanted to say rectum
Back to top Go down
Degeneration X
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
Degeneration X

Number of posts : 1337

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 11:56 pm

This guy just needs to quit teaching and go back to his hippie days. Come on man that hairstyle left back in the 60's and your dress for a college professor has a lot to be desired for. I don't know if he is from around here but he maybe needs to hookup with some small town locals and sit around do some meth and then get into debates with the other meth users. GO BACK TO WOODSTOCK HIPPIE!!!!
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 2:06 am

in his own words, he admitted he was an asshole. at least we are agreeing with him. and as for his job and behavior, if thats how he acts on a regular basis, I think he should be fired. I know what would happen if I were to act that way in my job......I would get shit-canned.
but then I work a real job in the real world and haven't been institutionalized like wild bill has been.
Back to top Go down
steinem
Rookie
Rookie
steinem

Number of posts : 150

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 3:15 am

luv2cook wrote:

Calling our comments stupid and folks martyrs and then dropping the "sweetheart" sarcasm doesn't make for discussion, it elevates it to argument. And the jerk who you say is famous for attacking people for their opinion was attacked on his demeanor first, if you truly watched the video. Why is there no criticizm of her conduct?

As far as the mooning.....she called him an asshole. So he showed her a real one. Personally, I thought it was funny.

By the way regarding t ball incident......he was charged with a disorderly, the case goes through with or without the victum.

I also don't agree with tenure. I think it's a rediculous tradition that should be abolished or reformed to ensure, not only appropriate behavior, but teaching that meets standards that provide quality education. I know a couple that are receiving tenure this year that had a very poor performance. Even the students complained..... But as it stands, these dudes are safe.

But Shanahan does not make me lose sleep at nite. And really Cookie, the drama and superiority ain't coming from Lucy. I think your moral compass is spinning out of it's case. So why don't YOU re-read your comments and take it down a few notches......you were pretty livid about us disagreeing with you.

Last edited by steinem on Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 5:40 am

Shanahan reminds me of the guy in the hole in this clip...

He's a nut!

And the yelping is reminiscent of Howard Dean.

Yeee-aahhh!

(Hey steinem: Note the subtle working in of the religious issue with the Shanahan issue.)
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 9:06 am

steinem wrote:

Calling our comments stupid and folks martyrs and then dropping the "sweetheart" sarcasm doesn't make for discussion, it elevates it to argument. And the jerk who you say is famous for attacking people for their opinion was attacked on his demeanor first, if you truly watched the video. Why is there no criticizm of her conduct?

As far as the mooning.....she called him an asshole. So he showed her a real one. Personally, I thought it was funny.

By the way regarding t ball incident......he was charged with a disorderly, the case goes through with or without the victum.

I also don't agree with tenure. I think it's a rediculous tradition that should be abolished or reformed to ensure, not only appropriate behavior, but teaching that meets standards that provide quality education. I know a couple that are receiving tenure this year that had a very poor performance. Even the students complained..... But as it stands, these dudes are safe.

But Shanahan does not make me lose sleep at nite. And really Cookie, the drama and superiority ain't coming from Lucy. I think your moral compass is spinning out of it's case. So why don't YOU re-read your comments and take it down a few notches......you were pretty livid about us disagreeing with you.

I didnt say anything about the loud mouthed broad in the video because in all honesty, that would have been just as scathing and it would have probably pissed off 95% of the women here so I choce to pass on that one. Suffice it to say that I think shes as much to blame as he is.

Re: the t-ball thing, I asked someone in the Sherrif's office about this a little over a month ago. They said as far as they knew nothing had happened on it and that it definitely would have been better case-wise had the gentleman that got attacked been there to testify. Just goin on what I was told.

Let me worry about my moral compass k thnx. Its working just fine. And yes I was livid and I'm not going to apologise for it. This guy brings that out in me.
Back to top Go down
lucy lou

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 9:45 am

luv2cook wrote:

ps there IS an edit button...no need to double post Laughing

I wasn't editing, I was making two points, and just loved your Rolling Eyes *insert big fat eyeroll here*
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 9:50 am

Am I the only one that thinks it is ironic that a debate professor is not capable of debating?
When given the opportunity to practice his craft, he chooses to go off on an immature rant rather than a reasoned debate. No wonder mature students walked out.
Back to top Go down
jessks75
All Star
All Star
jessks75

Number of posts : 2007

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 9:52 am

I'm surprised this discussion hasn't been shut down. Not that I want it to be, I think everyone is doing GREAT!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jessks75
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 10:10 am

lucy lou wrote:
and just loved your Rolling Eyes *insert big fat eyeroll here*

I liked that alot too. Laughing
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

Number of posts : 2299

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 1:02 pm

Justoo wrote:
Am I the only one that thinks it is ironic that a debate professor is not capable of debating?
When given the opportunity to practice his craft, he chooses to go off on an immature rant rather than a reasoned debate. No wonder mature students walked out.

No Justoo I was also thinking this. Is the FHSU debate team any good?
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 2:10 pm

slickjay12 wrote:
Is the FHSU debate team any good?

They're the best college debate team in Ellis County.
Back to top Go down
Oz
Rookie
Rookie
Oz

Number of posts : 272

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 3:54 pm

slickjay12 wrote:
Is the FHSU debate team any good?

I'm not sure how good they are now, but a few years ago when I worked on the Leader, they won a number of awards/contests and so our headline for their feature article was, "Master Debaters."
Back to top Go down
steinem
Rookie
Rookie
steinem

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 7:04 pm

Justoo wrote:

He teaches the upper course divisions of Animated Debate . One of our past commissioners got a degree in this.
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 8:34 pm

steinem wrote:
Justoo wrote:

He teaches the upper course divisions of Animated Debate . One of our past commissioners got a degree in this.

In my opinion, he went past the reasonable limits of animation. You can animate for various effects. Humor, shock, and pity would be among the effects that may be desired.

Proving that most 8th graders have more grace and tact... well...not a desireable feat.
Back to top Go down
steinem
Rookie
Rookie
steinem

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 10:42 pm

I was kidding.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 12:05 am

luv2cook wrote:
I didnt say anything about the loud mouthed broad in the video because in all honesty, that would have been just as scathing and it would have probably pissed off 95% of the women here so I chose to pass on that one.

I find this comment interesting. I thought they were both a pair of ass clowns in that video, except he was funny and she was just annoying. Is avoiding commentary that might PO your fellow women more important than the truth?
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 12:24 am

When you are seriously non feminist it is. Laughing
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 11:16 am

they both we responsible for the escalation of the situation but I think he wins the prize for going above and beyond, which in this case is NOT something to be proud of.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 5:47 pm

Looks like he needs a button like BlackieKuhn has.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 6:52 pm

luv2cook wrote:
When you are seriously non feminist it is. Laughing

Ah ok. Believe it or not, I'm not a feminist either. Smile
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 6:59 pm

steinem wrote:
I was kidding.
If I looked into your eyes when you spoke I may have picked up on that. But I am afflicted with the condition of being a man and haven't gazed higher than your legs, yet.
Back to top Go down
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 7:35 pm

Button?...What button?
Back to top Go down
Samwitty
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Samwitty

Number of posts : 873

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 8:19 pm

Ooooooooooo that button, I get it. Thats funny. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.biteme.com
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 11:03 pm

BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!

This was on the 10pm news tonight and it looks like theres going to be something done about this guy.
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

Number of posts : 2299

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 11:14 pm

luv2cook wrote:
BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!

This was on the 10pm news tonight and it looks like theres going to be something done about this guy.

Which channel had the story Luv?
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 11:15 pm

KWCH

here ya go:

http://www.kwch.com/global/story.asp?s=8825090

Quote :
Fort Hays State Debate Professor's Diatribe Caught on Tape

Posted: Aug 11, 2008 10:03 PM CDT

Updated: Aug 11, 2008 10:05 PM CDT

by Rebecca Gannon

Associated Links

You Tube Video of Shanahan

He cusses -- even pulls down his pants to moon a room full of students and teachers.

Video shows Fort Hays State Debate Coach Bill Shanahan in the heated debate. The video prompted a campus wide investigation.

The words in the video are too profane to air or print on our web site. Part of it involves Professor Bill Shanahan mooning the woman he's arguing with. But all of the video has Shanahan screaming at a debate judge after a debate on race.

The exchange happened back in March at the National Quarter Finals of the Cross Examination Debate Association. Last week, it was posted on the internet site YouTube. So far, it's had more than 5,000 views.

"Bill is a non-conformist, he's a maverick, he's a very provocative teacher," said Fort Hays Provost Larry Gould. He said he's known Shanahan for 15 years, and he explained what he believes happened.

"What seems to be the provacateur for all of this," he said Monday afternoon, "is the idea that debaters are allowed to strike two judges, and in this case, there were 5 judges, and the Fort Hays State University team struck two judges who had given them low scores in the past. One of them happened to be a black female, and that set the thing off."

The nearly 9 minute diatribe is prompting a campus investigation. "And we're sure that there's probably some facts and information that's just not available," said Gould. "I mean, you see a lot on the video, but we need to make sure everything is revealed before we take any action."

At this point, there's no word on what kind of reprimand - if any - Shanahan faces.

But another professor caught on tape at the debate wanted to make sure students who saw the exchange got a message. Debates on touchy subjects like race can offend people. Said ML Sandoz of Vanderbilt University: "I wish everyone would recognize the importance of these issues and stop to think about the consequences they're having on real people."

We could not reach Shanahan at home or at work for a comment.
Back to top Go down
robert
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
robert

Number of posts : 899
Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 6:58 am

"What seems to be the provacateur for all of this," he said Monday afternoon, "is the idea that debaters are allowed to strike two judges, and in this case, there were 5 judges, and the Fort Hays State University team struck two judges who had given them low scores in the past. One of them happened to be a black female, and that set the thing off."

"But all of the video has Shanahan screaming at a debate judge after a debate on race."

uh oh... looks like "whitey" excluded someone from a debate on race, who was of some race different than his own... and i'm sure that seemed too much of a slight to bear... 200 years worth of bad history regurgitated and captured in a 9 minute youtube moment. The F-bomb is no big deal, uncouth? maybe. Illegal? Not according to the Constitution. (remember that "thing", i know some of you are fans) As far as the mooning goes... i'm sure there is a law against that childish stuff. probably some public decency code... is his arse indecent? i wouldn't know. this started "overblown" and it will most likely end in a manner that is more so...
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 7:18 am

You are right robert. He has every constitutional right to make an ass of himself.
His employer also has a right to insist that he represents them in a way that never portrays them publicly in a negative light. Similar language is in my employee handbook and may well be in his.
His employment is a privilege, not a right and as such his employer may insist on reasonable conduct. If he chooses not to abide by their rules he has the option of employment with an organization that has different standards of conduct.
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 12:14 pm

his actions on that video are more along the lines of what one might expect out in the oilfields on a rig , and even there , ones job would be on shaky ground
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 1:30 pm

Justoo wrote:
He has every constitutional right to make an ass of himself.
His employer also has a right to insist that he represents them in a way that never portrays them publicly in a negative light. Similar language is in my employee handbook and may well be in his.
His employment is a privilege, not a right and as such his employer may insist on reasonable conduct. If he chooses not to abide by their rules he has the option of employment with an organization that has different standards of conduct.

WORD!
Back to top Go down
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 10:54 pm

He's crazy...wooly bastard should be locked up
Back to top Go down
steinem
Rookie
Rookie
steinem

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 1:47 am

Ratzilla wrote:
luv2cook wrote:
I didnt say anything about the loud mouthed broad in the video because in all honesty, that would have been just as scathing and it would have probably pissed off 95% of the women here so I chose to pass on that one.

I find this comment interesting. I thought they were both a pair of ass clowns in that video, except he was funny and she was just annoying. Is avoiding commentary that might PO your fellow women more important than the truth?

Why would a comment about the "loud mouthed broad" piss off women? ....Women have no license for misbehavior by virture of being born female. Her hysteria was pathetic. Women's standards should be as high as any man's. I think she should well be dealt the same penalties as he, a charge of disorderly conduct as well as conduct unbecoming a college instructor.
Back to top Go down
steinem
Rookie
Rookie
steinem

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 1:49 am

Justoo wrote:
steinem wrote:
I was kidding.
If I looked into your eyes when you spoke I may have picked up on that. But I am afflicted with the condition of being a man and haven't gazed higher than your legs, yet.

Le sigh. I've got to finish this paper.
Back to top Go down
bg0308
Rookie
Rookie
bg0308

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 12:09 pm

Blackie Kuhn wrote:
He's crazy...wooly bastard should be locked up

FHSU Professor goes crazy! - Page 2 293689
Back to top Go down
bg0308
Rookie
Rookie
bg0308

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 12:19 pm

Even though the girl started the whole thing, there are many ways to defend yourself without being such a jackass.

There were many times in my previous job as a front desk attendant when people would bitch and complain. If I acted like he did trying to get a point across I would have been fired in a heart beat.

IMO: I don't care what type of job one has or the status one carries if someone acts like he does they should be fired.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FHSU Professor goes crazy!
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next