Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

Bridge on W. 8th past FHSU

Go down 
+3
Justoo
LukeTHr
alg8tr
7 posters
AuthorMessage
alg8tr
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
alg8tr

Number of posts : 584
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Bridge on W. 8th past FHSU Empty
PostSubject: Bridge on W. 8th past FHSU   Bridge on W. 8th past FHSU Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 12:13 am

So....., since the sports complex passed I am sure they added the bridge repair into their budget because planners do things like that. They understand traffic flow and stuff...Right? Bridge on W. 8th past FHSU 530931 <-------Barney after atempt
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigalstoons.net
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

Number of posts : 1936

PostSubject: Re: Bridge on W. 8th past FHSU   Bridge on W. 8th past FHSU Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 1:01 am

yup, it's all about priorities..........
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Bridge on W. 8th past FHSU   Bridge on W. 8th past FHSU Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 7:22 am

The bridge is scheduled for '09.
When completed, it will be a ew inches taller and just a little wider to accomodate foot traffic.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Bridge on W. 8th past FHSU   Bridge on W. 8th past FHSU Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 2:14 pm

I've never understood why a building several stories high, or several blocks of brick streets can get done faster than a two lane bridge over Big Creek.
Back to top Go down
lilchefed
Rookie
Rookie
lilchefed

Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Bridge on W. 8th past FHSU   Bridge on W. 8th past FHSU Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 3:49 pm

alg8tr wrote:
So....., since the sports complex passed I am sure they added the bridge repair into their budget because planners do things like that. They understand traffic flow and stuff...Right? Bridge on W. 8th past FHSU 530931 <-------Barney after atempt

Nope, I could be wrong, but the bridge is county, sports complex is city.

The city had very little input into the sports complex as they wanted to keep it as a grass roots effort (city commissioners didn't want it to seem like they were pushing for a tax increase, esp. since 3 of them are up for election in April, I think its 3). Now that it has passed, the city will take the project over.
Back to top Go down
alg8tr
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
alg8tr

PostSubject: Re: Bridge on W. 8th past FHSU   Bridge on W. 8th past FHSU Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 7:23 pm

wonder what is in the stew for the land deal? I thought FHSU owned all that land? Whatever we do,...do not allow any high paying industry in. And for God's sake don't look into any batter power related industry. Bridge on W. 8th past FHSU 929670
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Bridge on W. 8th past FHSU   Bridge on W. 8th past FHSU Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 4:35 am

alg8tr wrote:
wonder what is in the stew for the land deal? I thought FHSU owned all that land? Whatever we do,...do not allow any high paying industry in. And for God's sake don't look into any batter power related industry. Bridge on W. 8th past FHSU 929670

FHSU is donating the land for the sports complex.
Back to top Go down
lilchefed
Rookie
Rookie
lilchefed

PostSubject: Re: Bridge on W. 8th past FHSU   Bridge on W. 8th past FHSU Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 3:49 pm

The Other One wrote:
alg8tr wrote:

FHSU is donating the land for the sports complex.

Right, FHSU get nothing out of this?? The city is buying another piece of land that wasn't suitable for the complex and then will swap the land for the FHSU farm land. That way FHSU doesn't lose any land in total (they still have to grow their crops). The cost of this land the city has to buy is in the $8 million. So how much does 120 acres of farm land cost?
Back to top Go down
alg8tr
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
alg8tr

PostSubject: Re: Bridge on W. 8th past FHSU   Bridge on W. 8th past FHSU Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 6:56 pm

I bet there will be some tradin for that old endowment building on Park street, if they haven't already. Aw, the old ways.
Back to top Go down
plowboy
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Bridge on W. 8th past FHSU   Bridge on W. 8th past FHSU Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 7:02 pm

They will swap land but I heard that the present owners of the land in question agreed to sell the land at appraised value .
Back to top Go down
lilchefed
Rookie
Rookie
lilchefed

PostSubject: Re: Bridge on W. 8th past FHSU   Bridge on W. 8th past FHSU Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 9:49 pm

plowboy wrote:
They will swap land but I heard that the present owners of the land in question agreed to sell the land at appraised value .

And I think its for a bit more than the 120 acres the city will get.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bridge on W. 8th past FHSU   Bridge on W. 8th past FHSU Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 9:52 pm

Like the city needs to spend money on more land? Build the dang thing on the Cirkle K
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bridge on W. 8th past FHSU   Bridge on W. 8th past FHSU Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bridge on W. 8th past FHSU
Page 1 of 1