Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

FHSU Professor goes crazy!

Go down 
+31
zeke
Bighead
nobodysbusiness
jewelz
dz724
suzyj
jtwice
robert
Samwitty
Blackie Kuhn
Oz
The Other One
Degeneration X
stormy
nitromaxx98
Roadstar
steinem
lucy lou
jrroberts
Smokey Bear
gibleis
LukeTHr
luv2cook
my2cents
SciFi
plowboy
Ratzilla
jessks75
Justoo
slickjay12
bg0308
35 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
bg0308
Rookie
Rookie
bg0308

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-04-03

FHSU Professor goes crazy! Empty
PostSubject: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 4:58 pm

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=fPt8UVU7bXs

wonder if this won\'t give FHSU a bad name...

wow way to go prof. shanahan

Last edited by bg0308 on Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 5:00 pm

wtf? I got some more dots.
Back to top Go down
bg0308
Rookie
Rookie
bg0308

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 5:00 pm

sorry i was editing it.. try it again
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

Number of posts : 2299
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 5:10 pm

Is that the hippie I see on the college channel interveiwing guest sometimes? A what the hell was the topic of debate that set this off?
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 5:49 pm

That would be the same esteemed professor.
Back to top Go down
bg0308
Rookie
Rookie
bg0308

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 6:18 pm

slickjay12 wrote:
Is that the hippie I see on the college channel interveiwing guest sometimes? A what the hell was the topic of debate that set this off?

That's him! I have no idea... all I know is that it's going around FHSU campus. Wonder what ol' fast eddy thinks about this
Back to top Go down
jessks75
All Star
All Star
jessks75

Number of posts : 2007

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 7:28 pm

affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid wow!!!! affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jessks75
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 9:42 pm

It's a race relations topic but I can't tell who started the problem. The mooning hippy prof, or the loud mouthed woman. Both have an attitude about em.
Back to top Go down
plowboy
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 9:45 pm

Wasn't he the same guy who made an ass out of himself and embarrassed his son at his sons little league baseball game a few years ago?
Back to top Go down
SciFi
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SciFi

Number of posts : 1242

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 9:48 pm

Justoo wrote:
That would be the same esteemed professor.
Her behavior isn't anything to write home about.
Back to top Go down
my2cents
Rookie
Rookie
my2cents

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 10:02 pm

plowboy wrote:
Wasn't he the same guy who made an ass out of himself and embarrassed his son at his sons little league baseball game a few years ago?

One and the same!
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

Number of posts : 1170

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 10:05 pm

plowboy wrote:

That was not a few years ago. That was just last summer and it was my brother in law that this loud mouthed asshole attacked at the game. This waste of skin ( Shanahan) should be fired from the university for being a total unprofessional ass if nothing else. Its just too damned bad that my brother in law died before this case came to trial because this little shit would have finally had to pay for being such a dumb fuck!
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 10:32 pm

luv2cook wrote:
plowboy wrote:

That was not a few years ago. That was just last summer and it was my brother in law that this loud mouthed asshole attacked at the game. This waste of skin ( Shanahan) should be fired from the university for being a total unprofessional ass if nothing else. Its just too damned bad that my brother in law died before this case came to trial because this little shit would have finally had to pay for being such a dumb fuck!

He looks like he belongs on the cover of HIGH TIMES. I see him on the college cable channel I keep waiting for him to whip out and bong a toke up afro

Last edited by slickjay12 on Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SciFi
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SciFi

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 10:44 pm

slickjay12 wrote:
whip out a bong a[nd] toke up
One does not "whip out" a bong. Ugh . . . bong water; oh, the bong water . . .
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

Number of posts : 1936

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 12:25 pm

and he is teaching our young people how the world works??? scary..... he is total slob, dresses like a bum living under an overpass and this video shows to me that he is not capable of maintaining his composure. This is the type of personality that does drastic things when they snap, this video is proof of that. wild bill has no right to be an educator.
Back to top Go down
gibleis

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 12:31 pm

You ought to see how he acts when he gets stopped for speeding affraid
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 12:39 pm

LukeTHr wrote:
and he is teaching our young people how the world works??? scary..... he is total slob, dresses like a bum living under an overpass and this video shows to me that he is not capable of maintaining his composure. This is the type of personality that does drastic things when they snap, this video is proof of that. wild bill has no right to be an educator.

Sounds like someone alot of modern kids can relate to pretty well.
Back to top Go down
Smokey Bear

Number of posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 12:50 pm

About a year ago I was at the eye doctor at Hays Medical Center and Bill Shanahan was having a knock down drag out with Matt the eye glass tech. Security had to be called to escourt him out. He was screaming about his eyeglasses, and wanted his money back. they offered to cut him a check and he insisted on getting cash. What an asshole.
Back to top Go down
bg0308
Rookie
Rookie
bg0308

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 2:41 pm

I feel sorry for his "son" who they have treated like a girl since he was born. Talk about identity problems for him when he grows up!

He's a disgrace to the community. I personally hope he gets fired from the university.

The girl that he forcefully pushed her arm away in the video, if I was her I'd be wanting him to be arrested for battery.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 3:30 pm

Looks to me she battered him
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 3:33 pm

If the have educators like this why is FHSU worried about drunken students ruining their image? From all that's been said here I'm not sure why the guy hasn't been ordered to have a mental evaluation.

As far as that video goes, I think both of them seemed rather aggressive. If that woman had been doing her tough black girl routine in my face I might have been tempted to moon her too.
Back to top Go down
SciFi
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SciFi

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 3:44 pm

mikecc wrote:
Looks to me she battered him
I agree. A ridiculous issue in this case, but I agree.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 3:47 pm

I thought drunken students was their image.
Back to top Go down
SciFi
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SciFi

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 3:56 pm

mikecc wrote:
Drunken students and a nutty professor is good press for a university.
Back to top Go down
jrroberts

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-04-16

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 4:02 pm

This guy is bad news for hays. First he is arrested at a t-ball game and then this mess....Come on. I think we should all send an email to pres hammond and ask him why he has such a jack&#* working for him. If he heard from enough of us then he might do something positive for hays and send this guy packing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 4:11 pm

Chances are...by the time you pay for your tuition and all your fees, buy your books and slap on some flip-flops and go to class....Is he even going to be there? or do you get some grad student? A collage professor has no time for students.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 4:26 pm

SciFi wrote:
mikecc wrote:
Drunken students and a nutty professor is good press for a university.

Kinda what I thought. Might not attract honor students, but the money from 1000's of kids looking for partys and craziness beats hoping to draw in a few top level achievers with a flawless school. All FHSU really seems to care about is sports anyways. Academics is secondary in most colleges now.
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 4:32 pm

if this action were performed by a kid in school there would be disciplinary action taken. That was all totally out of what is acceptable in a civilized situation. It is a huge wonder someone hasn't stomped the living shit out of that guy
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 5:24 pm

LukeTHr wrote:
if this action were performed by a kid in school there would be disciplinary action taken. That was all totally out of what is acceptable in a civilized situation. It is a huge wonder someone hasn't stomped the living shit out of that guy

If this is not new behavior I am sure someone has kicked is ass in the past
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 6:23 pm

I looked at the HDN my town page and I think the topic was shut down from the way it looks to me but then I am not signed up to post there
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 7:05 pm

It's open.
I've gotten several emails with the link. It is quite popular, locally.
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 7:07 pm

Its not closed. You just have to be a member to post I believe.
Back to top Go down
lucy lou

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 8:54 pm

Just my opinon. . .

It looked to me that the woman started the whole confrontation. She was cursing at him from the start even while he was sitting on the floor calmly with his feet crossed. As far as the woman he "forcefully pushed her arm away in the video, if I was her I'd be wanting him to be arrested for battery" looked to me that her hand was around his throat . . .

This is the personality you get with a debator that is passionate about the topic they are debating, and why he is so successful in his career and writings.
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 9:09 pm

lucy lou wrote:
Just my opinon. . .

It looked to me that the woman started the whole confrontation. She was cursing at him from the start even while he was sitting on the floor calmly with his feet crossed. As far as the woman he "forcefully pushed her arm away in the video, if I was her I'd be wanting him to be arrested for battery" looked to me that her hand was around his throat . . .

This is the personality you get with a debator that is passionate about the topic they are debating, and why he is so successful in his career and writings.

So you joined just to defend the prof. Let me guess you are a disciple of his?
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 9:22 pm

Lucy lou

I have been in many debates over many topics and I have never ever gotten anywhere as wacko as wild bill. the language and antics he used are things I would expect from an uneducated redneck , not a person of education as his position requires. in the words of Barney Fife in reference to Earnest T. Bass.......... "He's a nut !!!"

The complete lack of restraint and professionalism displayed by him in that video is disgusting.
Back to top Go down
jessks75
All Star
All Star
jessks75

Number of posts : 2007

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 9:32 pm

"He's a nut !!!"

"Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you dont!!"
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jessks75
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 9:55 pm

jessks75 wrote:
"He's a nut !!!"

"Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you dont!!"

FHSU Professor goes crazy! 815-098
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 10:00 pm

lucy lou wrote:
Just my opinon. . .

Whether she started it or not, he acted like a dumbass by mooning her to begin with. And if thats your definition of success, I'll take a pass. He's a stupid shit.
Back to top Go down
steinem
Rookie
Rookie
steinem

Number of posts : 150

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 10:11 pm

jrroberts wrote:
This guy is bad news for hays. First he is arrested at a t-ball game and then this mess....Come on. I think we should all send an email to pres hammond and ask him why he has such a jack&#* working for him. If he heard from enough of us then he might do something positive for hays and send this guy packing.

Nah. I'd rather see Hammond go.
Back to top Go down
steinem
Rookie
Rookie
steinem

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 10:33 pm

lucy lou wrote:
Just my opinon. . .

I agree. He's a very passionate person. And she provoked him. They all took it to a level that was rediculously comical, more on her part than his. As far as him losing his job....I believe he's tenured, so don't bother the writing campaign. It's a simple solution. If you don't like him or if he's too controversial, don't take his class.

And I guess the guy in sandals with long hair that threw over the traders tables in the temple in Jeruselem 2000 years ago should be also be scorned for his passionate (sans profanity) behavior.
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 10:38 pm

And I guess the guy in sandals with long hair that threw over the traders tables in the temple in Jeruselem 2000 years ago should be also be scorned for his passionate (sans profanity) behavior.[/quote]

Are you referring the Cheezus??
Back to top Go down
Roadstar
Rookie
Rookie
Roadstar

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 10:54 pm

Watching him jump around like a mad man really cracks me up. Clearly he has some anger management issues. It's only a matter of time time before someone is going to get hurt.
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 10:54 pm

steinem wrote:

I agree. He's a very passionate person. And she provoked him.

And I guess the guy in sandals with long hair that threw over the traders tables in the temple in Jeruselem 2000 years ago should be also be scorned for his passionate (sans profanity) behavior.

That you would even compare these two individuals is beyond stupid...I wonder, how much passion does it take to act like a complete and utter ass at a childs t-ball game to the point the 4 cops have to come and haul your sorry ass off?

It amaze's me that people defend this idiots behavior.
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:09 pm

"He's a nut !!! "
Back to top Go down
steinem
Rookie
Rookie
steinem

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:24 pm

luv2cook wrote:
steinem wrote:

I agree. He's a very passionate person. And she provoked him.

That you would even compare these two individuals is beyond stupid...I wonder, how much passion does it take to act like a complete and utter ass at a childs t-ball game to the point the 4 cops have to come and haul your sorry ass off?

It amaze's me that people defend this idiots behavior.

Yes I am compaing them on a level where both were so passionate they became physical and verbal. So what? I'm sure back in the day they thought Jesus might have been crazy too. Do I compare them on their message? No. I'm comparing them on their behavior, so calm down.

And yes I actually am fully aware of the Tball incident. It was appropriately dealt with by the HPD. Charged, I believe, with disorderly conduct. Now what. You want him run out of town based on what? He embarrasses you as a fellow townsperson? He has a right to an opinion and so do you. You advocate his expulsion from the university and I don't. I think Hammond does more harm to this community with his policies and political maneuvers than Shanahan does with his tantrums. There are a lot of nutty college professors in this country. Doesn't make them stupid...odd, eccentric, but harmful? He's not the unibomber......
Back to top Go down
steinem
Rookie
Rookie
steinem

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:32 pm

slickjay12 wrote:

Are you referring the Cheezus??[/quote]

I'm in trouble now!
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:57 pm

steinem wrote:

And yes I actually am fully aware of the Tball incident. It was appropriately dealt with by the HPD. Charged, I believe, with disorderly conduct. Now what. You want him run out of town based on what? He embarrasses you as a fellow townsperson? He has a right to an opinion and so do you. You advocate his expulsion from the university and I don't. I think Hammond does more harm to this community with his policies and political maneuvers than Shanahan does with his tantrums. There are a lot of nutty college professors in this country. Doesn't make them stupid...odd, eccentric, but harmful? He's not the unibomber......

Dont believe I ever said I wanted him run out of town. As far as his position as FHSU, Im well aware of his "tenured" status. I myself dont believe in tenue at any level of the teaching profession.
I dont care how passionate he is, his so-called "passion" leads to him behaving in such a way that does not reflect well on the University, which I think in turn reflects poorly on Hays in general. But thats just my opinion on that. Seems to be several others as well.

Regarding the T-ball matter, yeah he was charged and as far as I know, it never went to court mainly because the guy he physically attacked died from cancer before the case ever got heard. Believe me, my brother-in-law had every intention of seeing this jag-off prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, which seems to be THE only way to have any effect on his behavior. But then maybe not, I suspect he'll always be a stupid shit.
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Number of posts : 3515

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 12:14 am

So what is the definition of tenure? If someone who worked at your favorite sub shop fo 20 years, suddenly jumped up on the counter with a store full of people and took a big crap, that it's ok because he's been there awhile?
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 12:39 am

I think wild bill has no real concept of what the world is really like because he is tenured. I would be surprised if he has ever had a real job out in the world beyond school.
I think the tenure issue is a big part of the problem with this guy because he can't be held accountable for his actions. It let's him throw tantrums and act like an ass and he can then just go on his merry way to his next disaster. If he could be dismissed from his position because of antics like that in the video, one of two things would happen ; he would be removed from his position or he would act in a more dignified and behaved manner. A person can be passionate about something and thats ok but the actions he displayed in this situation is entirely out of line and should not be supported, tolerated, or defended.
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 5:45 am

Yeah, that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FHSU Professor goes crazy!   FHSU Professor goes crazy! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FHSU Professor goes crazy!
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next