Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

HEY K-STATE FANS

Go down 
+8
Blackie Kuhn
Degeneration X
dz724
nitromaxx98
slickjay12
luv2cook
fescue
The Other One
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

Number of posts : 1170
Registration date : 2008-04-01

HEY K-STATE FANS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEY K-STATE FANS   HEY K-STATE FANS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 7:39 pm

Oh ok, I thought you were beating that dead horse we were discussing earlier. Laughing MY BAD.
Back to top Go down
Oz
Rookie
Rookie
Oz

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: HEY K-STATE FANS   HEY K-STATE FANS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 8:21 pm

slickjay12 wrote:
KSU ELITE 8

Who are the Jaychickens playing

thats right they are at home crying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, we've moved on. :-)
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902

PostSubject: Re: HEY K-STATE FANS   HEY K-STATE FANS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 11:06 pm

luv2cook wrote:
Oh ok, I thought you were beating that dead horse we were discussing earlier. Laughing MY BAD.

Oh now discussing proper race relations isn't ever a dead horse. Smile But no, I would just like to see the kids who have to pay their way and go to college for an education get to be the ones who play ball for their schools. I remember guys at FHSU years ago complaining that the coach only wanted to recruit out of staters. To me that's more like a business than a school sport and IMO it's wrong.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: HEY K-STATE FANS   HEY K-STATE FANS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 12:10 am

Ratzilla wrote:
To me that's more like a business than a school sport and IMO it's wrong.

The NCAA is a multi-billion dollar business. Whether you or anyone else likes it or not, that's the fact.
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

PostSubject: Re: HEY K-STATE FANS   HEY K-STATE FANS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 8:31 am

WAY TO GO BAYLOR! Still 2 teams from the Big 12 in it! Smile
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: HEY K-STATE FANS   HEY K-STATE FANS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 12:40 pm

The Other One wrote:
Ratzilla wrote:
To me that's more like a business than a school sport and IMO it's wrong.

The NCAA is a multi-billion dollar business. Whether you or anyone else likes it or not, that's the fact.

So that being fact means it's better than kids going to college for an education? Sports is a good thing for the schools in alot of ways besides making money, but it's gotten to where a good university is judged by where their team ranks or who the coach is instead of whether they have the best chemistry or physics professor. And whether sports fans or the multitudes who are making big bucks off of sports like it or not, that's not right.

And I really don't care if sports is built up big. I just think it needs to be about the abilities of the students who enroll there, not who the school can recruit to play ball.
Back to top Go down
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: HEY K-STATE FANS   HEY K-STATE FANS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 1:11 pm

Sad fact that athletics give a school name recognition like no other program. I don't see that changing as long as it makes the money for the schools like it does. The physics program just doesn't sell a lot of tickets. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: HEY K-STATE FANS   HEY K-STATE FANS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 3:56 pm

I understand that Blackie, but why can't schools actually use students who attend there for education first rather than bring in a bunch of outsiders? Yeah, I know it's all about winning.

Maybe the US military should do that. Offer the best terrorists 100 virgins and a flock of goats if they'll bomb for the US. Then all the US boys could stay home and we could have a bombing tournament with full TV coverage full of nothing but outsiders. I can see the commentators now.....

Here comes Mohammed of the Iranian Goat Herders rushing in to slam dunk a plastic explosives pack into an Israeli tour bus, But No!! Achmed of the US Patriots team blocks him with a roadside bomb!!
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

PostSubject: Re: HEY K-STATE FANS   HEY K-STATE FANS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 5:31 pm

Looks to me like K-state is damn tired from that double OT game. And the officiating sucks. AND Clemente is limping around. Bummer.

Ratz its that way in high school as well and the parents push that stupid mentality and until it changes at that level it wont change any higher.
Back to top Go down
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

PostSubject: Re: HEY K-STATE FANS   HEY K-STATE FANS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 5:59 pm

Game isn't even over and already making excuses Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: HEY K-STATE FANS   HEY K-STATE FANS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 6:44 pm

B-U-T-L-E-R
Butler, Butler
Rah! Rah! Rah!
Back to top Go down
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

PostSubject: Re: HEY K-STATE FANS   HEY K-STATE FANS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 7:05 pm

Gottdamn Right!! Butler! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: HEY K-STATE FANS   HEY K-STATE FANS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 7:06 pm

luv2cook wrote:
Looks to me like K-state is damn tired from that double OT game.
Weenies huh?

luv2cook wrote:
And the officiating sucks.
That's what the guy I know always says. According to him K-State has never made a foul.

luv2cook wrote:
AND Clemente is limping around. Bummer.
AND both his and Pullen's playing sucked big time the whole first half.

luv2cook wrote:
Ratz its that way in high school as well and the parents push that stupid mentality and until it changes at that level it wont change any higher.
They promise high school kids in NYC lots of perks including lists of available girls to come play ball in Kansas? Damn, never knew that. Smile

Oh, and before you say anything, a guy who was at K-State told me they have been known to give special athletes name lists of "fun" girls as an incentive to come play.
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

PostSubject: Re: HEY K-STATE FANS   HEY K-STATE FANS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 7:11 pm

Blackie Kuhn wrote:
Game isn't even over and already making excuses Very Happy

FIRST OF ALL I WASN'T MAKING EXCUSES I WAS TELLING IT LIKE IT IS. I HAVE BEEN BY FAR THE ONE FAN ON THIS BOARD THAT HAS SHOWN THE MOST SPORTSMANSHIP SO PISS OFF!

Ratz I dont know about that if its true its sad. My comment was more about when I was working in Kansas high schools ( Ive worked in 3 different ones ) about how everything was all about athletics and the arts and academics got little to no recognition. I didnt mean that high school kids were promised anything although I suspect in some cases it does happen. I have seen parents telling their kids that they can't do anything related to the arts because they had to go out for sports.

Up to Baylor to keep the Big 12 in it now.

Last edited by luv2cook on Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Oz
Rookie
Rookie
Oz

PostSubject: Re: HEY K-STATE FANS   HEY K-STATE FANS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 7:15 pm

luv2cook wrote:

I thought the officiating was legit. Didn't see any favortism toward either team.

Ratzilla wrote:

They promise high school kids in NYC lots of perks including lists of available girls to come play ball in Kansas? Damn, never knew that. Smile

Oh, and before you say anything, a guy who was at K-State told me they have been known to give special athletes name lists of "fun" girls as an incentive to come play.

OH PLEASE! You actually believe what he says as gospel? If he's anti-athlete, he'll say anything.
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

PostSubject: Re: HEY K-STATE FANS   HEY K-STATE FANS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 7:16 pm

Oz wrote:
luv2cook wrote:

I thought the officiating was legit. Didn't see any favortism toward either team.

I thought it was terrible on both sides of the ball myself.
Back to top Go down
Oz
Rookie
Rookie
Oz

PostSubject: Re: HEY K-STATE FANS   HEY K-STATE FANS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 7:18 pm

luv2cook wrote:

I thought it was terrible on both sides of the ball myself.

Well, I will admit that I didn't watch the game that closely, til the last few minutes. They were soooo close...
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: HEY K-STATE FANS   HEY K-STATE FANS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 7:19 pm

I agree that parents push the sports on kids L2, and so do the schools. When I was at Hays it was obvious that athletes were looked at by some staff as special.

As far as the Butler/K-State game goes, I think Butler just played the best game plain and simple.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: HEY K-STATE FANS   HEY K-STATE FANS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 7:21 pm

Oz wrote:
Ratzilla wrote:

OH PLEASE! You actually believe what he says as gospel? If he's anti-athlete, he'll say anything.

Uh, no Oz. The guy who told me that thinks K-State players are like gods. He lives for K-state.
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

PostSubject: Re: HEY K-STATE FANS   HEY K-STATE FANS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 7:23 pm

I just really, REALLY dont want Kentucky to win it all. I'll take any other team even Duke.
Back to top Go down
Oz
Rookie
Rookie
Oz

PostSubject: Re: HEY K-STATE FANS   HEY K-STATE FANS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 7:24 pm

The Other One wrote:
B-U-T-L-E-R
Butler, Butler
Rah! Rah! Rah!

For some strange reason, this made me think of Lady Gaga.
Back to top Go down
Oz
Rookie
Rookie
Oz

PostSubject: Re: HEY K-STATE FANS   HEY K-STATE FANS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 7:25 pm

Kentucky is my last chance on my craptastic bracket. :-)
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

PostSubject: Re: HEY K-STATE FANS   HEY K-STATE FANS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 7:41 pm

Oz wrote:
The Other One wrote:
B-U-T-L-E-R
Butler, Butler
Rah! Rah! Rah!

For some strange reason, this made me think of Lady Gaga.

ROTFLMAO! lol!
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: HEY K-STATE FANS   HEY K-STATE FANS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 7:48 pm

Since neither Kansas team is still in I don't care too much.
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

PostSubject: Re: HEY K-STATE FANS   HEY K-STATE FANS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 7:57 pm

I will watch Baylor most likely and I may watch the championship game.
Back to top Go down
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

PostSubject: Re: HEY K-STATE FANS   HEY K-STATE FANS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 8:29 pm

SO PISS OFF! That's being a good sport?
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

PostSubject: Re: HEY K-STATE FANS   HEY K-STATE FANS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 10:26 pm

Kentucky lost. Im good with that, almost makes up for K-state losing.
Back to top Go down
alg8tr
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
alg8tr

Number of posts : 584
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: HEY K-STATE FANS   HEY K-STATE FANS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 10:47 pm

Yeah, when did K-state last go to the 4? Did they ever? I think they were just tired, then to late by second half.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigalstoons.net
Degeneration X
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
Degeneration X

Number of posts : 1337

PostSubject: Re: HEY K-STATE FANS   HEY K-STATE FANS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 11:43 pm

Its a slim chance but it would be great to see Baylor vs. Butler in the National Championship.
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

PostSubject: Re: HEY K-STATE FANS   HEY K-STATE FANS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 12:08 am

Only if Baylor wins it.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: HEY K-STATE FANS   HEY K-STATE FANS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 1:12 am

As I said last week, when we wake up on April 6th, KU will still have 5 National Championships and K-State will still have none.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: HEY K-STATE FANS   HEY K-STATE FANS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 2:46 am

alg8tr wrote:
Yeah, when did K-state last go to the 4? Did they ever? I think they were just tired, then to late by second half.

I think they said it was back in the 60's.

Just for curiosity I looked up team stats on KU, K-State, and Butler to see where they recruit from.

KU has 4 players listed from KS and one from KC MO. The rest come from all parts of the US.

K-State has 2 players from KS, Pullen is from Ill. The rest are all East Coast and Puerto Rico.

Butler has 10 players from Indiana. 1 player each from GA, Ill, KY, FL, AL.

Gee.... scratch How'd Butler get to the Final 4 with so many players from their home state? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812

PostSubject: Re: HEY K-STATE FANS   HEY K-STATE FANS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 6:28 am

They recruit from the outside edges of their state. Some of those players are almost from another state.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: HEY K-STATE FANS   HEY K-STATE FANS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 11:06 am

Afraid I don't see a problem there justoo. Especially since they are on the way to the final 4 and the team they beat with all the out of staters aren't.

One of these days a school is going to look for talent in it's own area based only on skill rather than outside opinions and racial stereotypes and they'll get a team of mixed races that'll plow through everything in their path.
Back to top Go down
Oz
Rookie
Rookie
Oz

PostSubject: Re: HEY K-STATE FANS   HEY K-STATE FANS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 11:32 am

Does it matter where the kids are from? What about FHSU? There are a lot of Chinese students at FHSU.
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: HEY K-STATE FANS   HEY K-STATE FANS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 12:53 pm

Oz wrote:
Does it matter where the kids are from? What about FHSU? There are a lot of Chinese students at FHSU.

Are you thinking center? cheers
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: HEY K-STATE FANS   HEY K-STATE FANS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 2:58 pm

Oz wrote:

If you can put together an all Chinese basketball team at FHSU then go for it. Point isn't to deny students from other states or nations from playing, it's that it's stupid to go clear across the country to hunt for talent instead of looking closer to home. And I think Butler has proven that a team doesn't have to be all black to play basketball.

If you know a hotshot Chinese basketball player at FHSU, by all means tell the coach. Because I'd rather see a student already enrolled put on the team anyways. And his major might be something more useful than "Social Sciences" or "Linguistics" that I see so many players have listed as theirs. I'd advise the coaches to start some of them out with Hooked On Phonics.
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

PostSubject: Re: HEY K-STATE FANS   HEY K-STATE FANS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 5:17 pm

Oz wrote:

Are there? I thought there were more Korean.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: HEY K-STATE FANS   HEY K-STATE FANS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 8:17 pm

luv2cook wrote:
I just really, REALLY dont want Kentucky to win it all. I'll take any other team even Duke.

You may get that. I normally don't follow it this close but I want to see Duke and Butler now for the championship. Both are good examples of mixed race teams that work well.

Quite honestly the biggest reason I quit watching basketball was because I'm long tired of that stereotype that only blacks can play basketball. I've seen plenty of good players both black and white in this years games and that's how it should be. It's also why I have no sympathy for K-State losing because Martin seems to hold on to the stereotype.
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

PostSubject: Re: HEY K-STATE FANS   HEY K-STATE FANS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 11:14 pm

Well now that Kentucky is bumped off I'll take any other team than Duke. I hate them only second to Kentucky. Laughing Since Baylor is out, I dont know who to root for, maybe WV or Butler.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: HEY K-STATE FANS   HEY K-STATE FANS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 11:40 pm

Even though Dick Vitale is a nut I agree with him on why Duke is hated. Most of their players really are honor students who will achieve masters degrees in more than "health human performance and recreation" or "speech communication" that's so common for players to go for a masters in. And they can play ball. But of course the team is full of snooty rich white kids so the other teams can't like that. Razz
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: HEY K-STATE FANS   HEY K-STATE FANS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 12:44 am

Duke is hated in Kansas because they developed a habit of beating KU in the Final Four in the mid-80s. That jinx was broken in 1988, when the Jayhawks won the title. Personally, I couldn't stand Christian Laettner or Bobby Hurley (both white, Ratzo). Laettner was chosen over Shaq as the lone college player on the 1992 Olympic "Dream Team" because Krzyzewski was an assistant to Chuck Daly on that team. The fact that most of you reading this have never heard of Laettner and most of you know who Shaquille O'Neal is proves that Shaq had significantly more talent, even at that time.

Hurley, whose dad is a legendary high school coach in New Jersey (he was Tyshawn Taylor's HS coach - Tyshawn is the heir apparent to Sherron Collins as the starting point guard at KU), was a wise ass who thought he was better than everyone else. It was very satisfying to watch Greg Anthony and Anderson Hunt of UNLV make a fool out of him in the 1990 championship game. In fact, UNLV is still the only team to score more than 100 points in a title game, defeating Duke, 103-73. Hurley was later drafted by the Sacremento Kings, but suffered life-threatening injuries when he totaled his 4Runner and was never an NBA star.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: HEY K-STATE FANS   HEY K-STATE FANS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 12:48 am

Ratzilla wrote:
Even though Dick Vitale is a nut

I kinda figured that KU was screwed when Vitale picked them to win the tournament - he's always wrong - and Sherron was on the cover of Sports Illustrated the week before the tournament bagan.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: HEY K-STATE FANS   HEY K-STATE FANS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 12:53 am

Gotta root for Butler to win now, even though Duke probably has the best team and the momentum.

But on a brighter note, it's Yankees @ Red Sox in the baseball season opener on Easter night. Go Sox!

My two sons, Oz and I will be at the Royals/Red Sox game the following Sunday in KC.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: HEY K-STATE FANS   HEY K-STATE FANS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 3:27 am

The Other One wrote:
Duke is hated in Kansas because they developed a habit of beating KU in the Final Four in the mid-80s. That jinx was broken in 1988, when the Jayhawks won the title.

So L2C with that purple cat AV hates Duke because they beat KU? Very Happy

As far as Vitale always being wrong, I think he's a nut, but don't think so in this case. And a whole lot of others were pointing to KU in the beginnings of this. And I really don't care if Christian Laettner and Bobby Hurley are white guys that were outdone by black ones. They aren't the point in this and neither is race. You seem to want to feed that stereotype that white guys can't play basketball by pointing that out.

I'm simply pointing out that the best team is not going to be all black, nor all white. As a matter of fact I've pointed out that the current success of both Butler and Duke has been due to good men of both races working together. So please stop the "black man is always better" argument and see it as I said it, and as it really is.

By the way, I decided K-State was screwed when they did that pre-game story of how great Pullen is. He was cursed to be a bonehead in the game by that. Seems like alot of times sportscasters glorify a team or player too much they get taken down a notch the next time you see them play.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: HEY K-STATE FANS   HEY K-STATE FANS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 4:34 pm

What I was saying about Vitale is that he's always wrong when he predicts outcomes, not anything about why people hate Duke. I actually said "hi" to him once at a Royals/Tigers game. He seemed like a nice enough guy.

I was also not saying that black is better than white. I was saying that it doesn't matter. Earlier in the thread, I explained the theory as to why more black kids are successful in basketball, but I still maintain that 99% of the coaches will recruit the best talent available, whether they be white, black, green, yellow or freaking orange. You know that I despise K-State, but I doubt seriously if the all-minority team was planned by Martin. Coaches have too many other things on their mind to worry about being racist.

This quote would apply to any sport, although Yogi Berra said it about baseball:

"Baseball is 90% mental. The other half is physical."
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

PostSubject: Re: HEY K-STATE FANS   HEY K-STATE FANS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 5:23 pm

Ratzilla wrote:
The Other One wrote:
Duke is hated in Kansas because they developed a habit of beating KU in the Final Four in the mid-80s. That jinx was broken in 1988, when the Jayhawks won the title.

So L2C with that purple cat AV hates Duke because they beat KU? Very Happy

BLEH no!!!! Ive always really disliked the following basketball teams in this order.

Kentucky
Duke
North Carolina
KU

Just like Ive always hated Denver, Green Bay, Dallas, Kansas City, Steelers, Washington & Tampon Bay.

Pretty much been a life long KSU & Mizzou fan myself however I will cheer for Big 12 teams when it comes to tournament times as long as they arent playing one of my teams.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: HEY K-STATE FANS   HEY K-STATE FANS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 5:36 pm

I think there is an attitude that blacks are better at basketball. A guy at work said he read a study that said blacks were superior in sports. And I think some coaches may very well believe it. My mom took one look at Martin's wife and said she wondered if she picked his players. My only serious wonder is why he seems to think there's no talent west of the Mississippi.

If Martin chose an all black team from Kansas I probably wouldn't pay it too much mind, though I still think there's gotta be good players of other races out there that are being overlooked. I very much do think the stereotype is alive and well, even though Duke and Butler have mixed teams and are in the 4.

One thing you should find amusing though is that my mom asked what K-State fans were saying today at work. I told her they mostly blamed the loss on fatigue from the overtime play two days earlier. She said overtime never killed our little high school girls. Very Happy

L2C... I had a feeling it didn't bother you if Duke beat KU. LOL.
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: HEY K-STATE FANS   HEY K-STATE FANS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 6:31 pm

Ratzilla wrote:
My only serious wonder is why he seems to think there's no talent west of the Mississippi.

I don't know the guys history. Did he come from out east? Is this his first coaching job west of the Mississippi? Could it be that his recruiting contacts are all out east? Just wondering if that could be a factor.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: HEY K-STATE FANS   HEY K-STATE FANS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 6:47 pm

I think he's from Florida justoo. Might be a factor, but I'd think a KS coach would have information made available in the area he's in by way of high school coaches or sports commentators promoting above average players.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HEY K-STATE FANS   HEY K-STATE FANS - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HEY K-STATE FANS
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next