Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

Ellis man killed in accident

Go down 
+5
Oz
Ratzilla
Justoo
SciFi
LukeTHr
9 posters
AuthorMessage
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Ellis man killed in accident Empty
PostSubject: Ellis man killed in accident   Ellis man killed in accident Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 3:53 pm

There was a bad accident on thursday afternoon a couple miles outside Ellis On Dec 17.

Here is the link to the story

Greg was single and helped his dad on the family farm for years and was a pretty quiet easy-going guy. It's too bad this happened. The other driver was intoxicated from what I understand from a source that is looking into the event.
Back to top Go down
SciFi
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SciFi

Number of posts : 1242
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Ellis man killed in accident   Ellis man killed in accident Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 5:41 pm

LukeTHr wrote:
There was a bad accident on thursday afternoon a couple miles outside Ellis On Dec 17.

Here is the link to the story

Greg was single and helped his dad on the family farm for years and was a pretty quiet easy-going guy. It's too bad this happened. The other driver was intoxicated from what I understand from a source that is looking into the event.
What a very sad event.
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812

PostSubject: Re: Ellis man killed in accident   Ellis man killed in accident Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 7:57 pm

He will be missed.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Ellis man killed in accident   Ellis man killed in accident Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 8:41 pm

Drank many a beer with Huck in the days of the Ellis Pool Hall.
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812

PostSubject: Re: Ellis man killed in accident   Ellis man killed in accident Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 8:29 am

Me too. He sure built some long legged motors.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Ellis man killed in accident   Ellis man killed in accident Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 4:21 am

In case anyone missed it....

The Hays Daily News wrote:
Ellis County Sheriff Ed Harbin confirmed Friday that Victor Jury, 36, Hays, was arrested in connection with the accident that killed 53-year-old Gregory Huck, Ellis. Harbin said formal charges of involuntary manslaughter and driving under the influence of alcohol are pending.
Back to top Go down
Oz
Rookie
Rookie
Oz

Number of posts : 272

PostSubject: Re: Ellis man killed in accident   Ellis man killed in accident Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 1:05 pm

Have you ever noticed that in a lot of cases, the intoxicated driver walks away?
Back to top Go down
dz724
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: Ellis man killed in accident   Ellis man killed in accident Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 5:10 pm

I believe there is some reasearch that supports the theory. Intoxicated drivers do not "brace" for impact as much as the innocent driver involved. Think about a cooked spaghetti noodle vs/ an uncooked one which one would suvive a violent impact in better shape. my hearts go out to his family, it doesn't seem fair ..
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Ellis man killed in accident   Ellis man killed in accident Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 7:38 pm

Intoxicated drivers die in accidents all the time, and I know for a fact they will brace against a collision if they see it coming. Besides that, I guarantee you that if your cranium or ribcage is thrown into a hard object with that kind of force it's not going to help you to relax. It's got more to do with the luck of the draw.

In this case the driver who survived probably did because he was in a newer vehicle with airbags.
Back to top Go down
Bruno

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Ellis man killed in accident   Ellis man killed in accident Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 3:30 pm

Has anyone seen Huck's pickup. His '76 Ford was completely sheared in two between the cab and the bed. I wonder if that guy's fourth DUI conviction will slow him down this time. His license was already suspended.
Back to top Go down
robert
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
robert

Number of posts : 899
Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Ellis man killed in accident   Ellis man killed in accident Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 3:48 pm

Ratzilla wrote:

didn't he use to live across from the beachcomber back in the 80's?
Back to top Go down
Bruno

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Ellis man killed in accident   Ellis man killed in accident Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 3:51 pm

robert wrote:
Ratzilla wrote:

didn't he use to live across from the beachcomber back in the 80's?

That was his brother, Dennis.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Ellis man killed in accident   Ellis man killed in accident Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 10:45 pm

Bruno wrote:
Has anyone seen Huck's pickup. His '76 Ford was completely sheared in two between the cab and the bed. I wonder if that guy's fourth DUI conviction will slow him down this time. His license was already suspended.

Yeah, I saw it. Wicked impact. The courts don't usually go easy on a repeat offender who finally kills someone. I don't know about KS, but I know someone who got 30 years for it in Florida.
Back to top Go down
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Ellis man killed in accident   Ellis man killed in accident Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 7:28 am

Bruno wrote:
Personally....I hope he rots in jail.......Merry Christmas
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Ellis man killed in accident   Ellis man killed in accident Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 11:39 am

I feel sorry for Jury's family having to deal with what he did, but a hell of alot more so for the Huck family. Huck's mom died a few years back and besides him being out with his dad alot at the farm Greg is the second son the family has lost so this is hitting hard on his dad, and probably his brothers too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ellis man killed in accident   Ellis man killed in accident Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ellis man killed in accident
Page 1 of 1