Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

KU Student from Hays Killed Off-Campus

Go down 
+4
jessks75
my2cents
LilMama1531
plowboy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
plowboy
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2008-04-01

KU Student from Hays Killed Off-Campus Empty
PostSubject: KU Student from Hays Killed Off-Campus   KU Student from Hays Killed Off-Campus Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 6:05 pm

Police in Lawrence are searching for a man they call a person-of-interest in the death of a University of Kansas student.

Jana Lynn Mackey, 25 was found dead Thursday in a home near Lawrence Memorial Hospital. A friend reported her missing around 4:30 p.m. Mackey's car was found a few hours later in the hospital parking lot, her body was found around 11:30 p.m.

Police are looking for Adolfo Garcia-Nunez, 46. They say he lives in the home where Mackey was found. He was last seen driving a white Ford F-150 pickup truck. There are reports Mackey and Garcia-Nunez had been dating but broke up a few weeks ago.

Mackey has family in Hays. Her twin brothers went to Lawrence Thursday night after hearing the news of her death.

She was a second-year law student and an advocate for women's rightsand had worked on political campaigns. KU Chancellor Robert Hemenway offered the family condolences and promised to co-operate with Lawrence police in investigating Mackey's death.
Back to top Go down
LilMama1531
LilMama1531

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: KU Student from Hays Killed Off-Campus   KU Student from Hays Killed Off-Campus Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 9:49 pm

KU Student from Hays Killed Off-Campus 929670 im just... How could.. Im n shock. Jana had so much 2 offer the world, she coulda made a difference. And her voice.. was one of an angel.. RIP Jana.. KU Student from Hays Killed Off-Campus 305403
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lilmama1531
my2cents
Rookie
Rookie
my2cents

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: KU Student from Hays Killed Off-Campus   KU Student from Hays Killed Off-Campus Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 2:50 pm

Just makes one feel kinda numb doesn't it??? One moment of insanity will now affect the lives of hundreds or more forever!!!!! My condolences to the family. RIP Jana
Back to top Go down
jessks75
All Star
All Star
jessks75

Number of posts : 2007
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: KU Student from Hays Killed Off-Campus   KU Student from Hays Killed Off-Campus Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 3:33 pm

another case of THE DUMB SON- OF-A-BITCH should have been in jail for previous convictions!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jessks75
quesera

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: KU Student from Hays Killed Off-Campus   KU Student from Hays Killed Off-Campus Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 8:43 pm

Apparently, he killed himself while in police custody today.
Back to top Go down
jessks75
All Star
All Star
jessks75

PostSubject: Re: KU Student from Hays Killed Off-Campus   KU Student from Hays Killed Off-Campus Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 8:47 pm

NO!!!!! THATS CRAP
Back to top Go down
jessks75
All Star
All Star
jessks75

PostSubject: Re: KU Student from Hays Killed Off-Campus   KU Student from Hays Killed Off-Campus Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 11:02 pm

that SOB!!!
Back to top Go down
plowboy
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 212

PostSubject: Re: KU Student from Hays Killed Off-Campus   KU Student from Hays Killed Off-Campus Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 1:24 am

LAWRENCE, Kansas (AP) - Police say a man suspected of killing a University of Kansas law student killed himself while in custody in New Jersey.

Lawrence police say 46-year-old Adolfo Garcia-Nunez was arrested in Elizabeth, N.J., on Friday night, after police found his unoccupied pickup in that same town. Authorities say that while he was in custody in New Jersey, Garcia-Nunez took his own life.

The Lawrence Police Department said no additional information about his death or arrest would be available until its investigators return from New Jersey.

Garcia-Nunez was suspected of killing 25-year-old Jana Mackey, of Hays. She was found dead Thursday at his Lawrence home, and a second-degree murder warrant had been issued for his arrest.
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

Number of posts : 1170

PostSubject: Re: KU Student from Hays Killed Off-Campus   KU Student from Hays Killed Off-Campus Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 6:01 pm

I wonder why they havent released how she died? My daughter went to school with her and is planning on going to the funeral.. She said it was going to be closed casket. Poor girl.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: KU Student from Hays Killed Off-Campus   KU Student from Hays Killed Off-Campus Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 7:10 pm

They don't always release that info for varied reasons. Once the courts get into the mix it'll become public.
Back to top Go down
4change

Number of posts : 15

PostSubject: Re: KU Student from Hays Killed Off-Campus   KU Student from Hays Killed Off-Campus Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 11:29 pm

I'm sure the autopsy report will have the cause of death, but that will be for the family to actually decide whether to release it since there will not be a trial for the one who did it. This is often not disclosed out of respect for those that loved and were related to the victim as well as to keep the case from getting leaked out in case there is a jury trial. If I was in this situation I dont think I would want everyone to remember my child as the one who died in a horrific manner.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: KU Student from Hays Killed Off-Campus   KU Student from Hays Killed Off-Campus Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 12:03 am

That's true. Since there won't likely be anyone on trial unless they find an accomplice, the cause of death may not be made public. Cause might effect a trial decision or sentence, but it doesn't much matter now. The girl is gone and that's enough for the public to know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KU Student from Hays Killed Off-Campus   KU Student from Hays Killed Off-Campus Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KU Student from Hays Killed Off-Campus
Page 1 of 1