Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

Grandma 1 Crazy intruder 0

Go down 
+2
Blackie Kuhn
slickjay12
6 posters
AuthorMessage
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

Number of posts : 2299
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Grandma 1 Crazy intruder 0 Empty
PostSubject: Grandma 1 Crazy intruder 0   Grandma 1 Crazy intruder 0 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 10:23 pm

Back to top Go down
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Grandma 1 Crazy intruder 0   Grandma 1 Crazy intruder 0 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 11:00 pm

Glad to hear the cops were on her side in the matter,and not treat her like the criminal.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Grandma 1 Crazy intruder 0   Grandma 1 Crazy intruder 0 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 6:22 am

Any more info on this? If he was trying to harm her or break in I applaud her actions. As pro-gun and pro-self defense as I am I have to say from the video all I heard was banging on the door and then the shot. Even an ex con could bang on a door needing help. What was he doing that made her think he was a threat?
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

Number of posts : 3438
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Grandma 1 Crazy intruder 0   Grandma 1 Crazy intruder 0 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 9:00 am

He was hitting the door with a patio table. You hear the thump from each hit, then after a while, you can hear the door break and she shoots. Maybe you need to turn your volume up, Ratz... or maybe the audio was clearer on the news segment I saw, telling about it. Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=790394051
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675

PostSubject: Re: Grandma 1 Crazy intruder 0   Grandma 1 Crazy intruder 0 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 9:46 am

Blackie Kuhn wrote:
Glad to hear the cops were on her side in the matter,and not treat her like the criminal.

The dispatcher was on her side, anyway. The report that I saw said they were investigating it as a homicide.
Back to top Go down
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Grandma 1 Crazy intruder 0   Grandma 1 Crazy intruder 0 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 12:06 pm

I read about it @ WWW.newsok.com a few days ago.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Grandma 1 Crazy intruder 0   Grandma 1 Crazy intruder 0 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 6:54 pm

suzyr wrote:
He was hitting the door with a patio table. You hear the thump from each hit, then after a while, you can hear the door break and she shoots. Maybe you need to turn your volume up, Ratz... or maybe the audio was clearer on the news segment I saw, telling about it. Wink

I take it you heard someone say he was hitting the door with the table. If not you got damn good ears to know what he was hitting it with. Smile

I had my sound turned fairly low because I hate all the stupid noises some commercials on websites make when you go there. I could hear some pounding but it just sounded like someone knocking hard. Yeah, if that's what he was doing I'd say a 12 ga. slug between the eyes would be a good idea.
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

PostSubject: Re: Grandma 1 Crazy intruder 0   Grandma 1 Crazy intruder 0 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 7:24 pm

OK. She said it was with the table... I'll take her word for it, since it wasn't disputed in the news report. You can hear a crashing sound, right before she says she's going to have to kill him... that she doesn't want to kill him. Then you hear the dispatcher say she is within her rights to defend herself and her property. The news segment I saw, they stated that the district/county attorney was not pursuing charges.

Last edited by suzyr on Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Grandma 1 Crazy intruder 0   Grandma 1 Crazy intruder 0 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 7:53 pm

Easy suzy, Don't get your shotgun out. LOL affraid

Like I say, I had the volume way down so I probably didn't hear it that well. If you look at the time I posted it was early AM so my attention span wasn't on it too well either.
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

PostSubject: Re: Grandma 1 Crazy intruder 0   Grandma 1 Crazy intruder 0 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 8:43 pm

Geez Louise... I wasn't yelling at you. Just saying that since she was saying it was the table, I'd bold that.

BTW... I don't have a shotgun. I've got something much more lethal... my 9 year old daughter's smelly feet.Grandma 1 Crazy intruder 0 Stinkyfeet
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Grandma 1 Crazy intruder 0   Grandma 1 Crazy intruder 0 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 11:15 pm

LOL.. I'll summon Luke's fat little dog. The more it stinks the more he likes it. He'll think it's rotten cheese and keep her busy while I make my escape.
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812

PostSubject: Re: Grandma 1 Crazy intruder 0   Grandma 1 Crazy intruder 0 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 11:48 pm

Our dog would probably roll on her toes too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grandma 1 Crazy intruder 0   Grandma 1 Crazy intruder 0 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grandma 1 Crazy intruder 0
Page 1 of 1