Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

People going crazy in Hays

Go down 
+7
Ratzilla
nitromaxx98
Justoo
The Other One
Bighead
robert
Rog
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Rog
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2008-03-27

People going crazy in Hays Empty
PostSubject: People going crazy in Hays   People going crazy in Hays Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 6:55 pm

whats the deal?
Back to top Go down
robert
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
robert

Number of posts : 899
Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: People going crazy in Hays   People going crazy in Hays Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 7:02 pm

LEO got blood all over there hands on this one... F'ing outstanding.....
Back to top Go down
Bighead
All Star
All Star
Bighead

Number of posts : 1539
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: People going crazy in Hays   People going crazy in Hays Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 7:05 pm

Could somebody please elaborate?
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: People going crazy in Hays   People going crazy in Hays Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 7:12 pm

What's going on?
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812

PostSubject: Re: People going crazy in Hays   People going crazy in Hays Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 7:26 pm

Any clues?
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: People going crazy in Hays   People going crazy in Hays Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 7:30 pm

Rog just said people are crazy in Hays. That's not news to anyone.

What the hell is going on, bobby?
Back to top Go down
robert
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
robert

PostSubject: Re: People going crazy in Hays   People going crazy in Hays Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 7:32 pm

i asked u giblies to "bend ur ear" and here ya go..." two men down and one is conundrum the justice system can never figure out" ... outstanding!!! you fracking jerk off!!! glad it wasnt her that died... u fracking frack... and the whole rest of you....
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: People going crazy in Hays   People going crazy in Hays Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 7:39 pm

Okay. That explains eveything.

Anyone care to translate?
Back to top Go down
robert
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
robert

PostSubject: Re: People going crazy in Hays   People going crazy in Hays Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 8:00 pm

The Other One wrote:

you're a walking abortion... go screw yourself...

hell u dont need protection from the local police... u live in a whole other state dickhead....
Back to top Go down
robert
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
robert

PostSubject: Re: People going crazy in Hays   People going crazy in Hays Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 8:02 pm

oh u sorry frack u'll get explanation real soon....
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: People going crazy in Hays   People going crazy in Hays Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 8:07 pm

robert wrote:
The Other One wrote:

you're a walking abortion... go screw yourself...

hell u dont need protection from the local police... u live in a whole other state dickhead....

Wow. Someone forgot their weed.
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Number of posts : 3515

PostSubject: Re: People going crazy in Hays   People going crazy in Hays Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 8:15 pm

Or, they switched to something stronger.
Back to top Go down
Rog
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: People going crazy in Hays   People going crazy in Hays Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 8:26 pm

Evidentally, there is a guy over there who shoulda been institutionalized in some manner after having exhibited an abundance of menacing behaviors. This seemed obvious to all sorts of folks. Unfortunately, not

Someone is upset because he tried to tell them this was imminent. As usual, they are only interested in what they are interested in.

At this point, there seems to have been a rather violent happening which is not being made public.

Knife wounds to a man, a dog, and another previously mentioned nut case who is on life support but not much longer, the rumor goes.

Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

PostSubject: Re: People going crazy in Hays   People going crazy in Hays Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 9:48 pm

I'm sorry to hear. Sad situation.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902

PostSubject: Re: People going crazy in Hays   People going crazy in Hays Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 12:58 am

I take it that you Robert or someone you know tried to warn about the individual involved in the early morning incident.
Back to top Go down
Rog
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: People going crazy in Hays   People going crazy in Hays Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 8:58 am

I will put it this way. Lets say you are a woman in Hays with a crazy stalker in your life. For some mysterious reason, local authorities do not want to prosecute said stalker. They give him a good scolding, and chase him away. He comes back and they ignore him. Maybe he is valuable to them for some reason. Or pliable so they are keeping him in reserve in case they need him for some other reason. Maybe they are just too focused on other matters more sexy.

Anyhoo,

They have multiple opportunities to arrest the guy and put him away for a good long while, but they don't take those opportunites.

Now said stalker is wounded and dying. Somebody tried to slit the throat of a dog. Somebody else collapses two blocks away with a mysterious throat wound.

Don't know what all happened or how but it is safe to say that when people yell at police to do something about crazy person they prolly should take more notice.

Maybe problem is that there are no funds to house these people. I can't for the life of me think of a good reason to let the guy go like they did. Maybe he had some uncontrollable compulsion. He maybe should have been in a hospital til he got ahold of that but that isn't what happened.

What do?
Back to top Go down
Rog
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: People going crazy in Hays   People going crazy in Hays Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 9:03 am

One more thing. If the local media people were anything but a bunch of puppets they would get to the bottom of this and report back.
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

PostSubject: Re: People going crazy in Hays   People going crazy in Hays Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 9:21 am

Rog, maybe you can try bringing it to the attention of a non-local news organization.
Back to top Go down
Rog
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: People going crazy in Hays   People going crazy in Hays Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 9:35 am

Some of you may recall an incident where a local police informant was crazy but out doing valuable police work when he decided to murder his wife/girlfriend. Lindsey was her name. There seems to be a problem with letting psycho crazy people butcher their girlfriends as long as they are cooperative.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: People going crazy in Hays   People going crazy in Hays Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 8:46 pm

Police often have their hands tied in mental cases. If no one is willing to sign them into a mental institution police can't do anything other than wait for them to commit a crime. You can't usually put someone away on the grounds that they might do something.

I'm surprised they don't though since they've managed to keep sex offenders locked up just on the theory they might re-offend. I guess too many Americans still see sex offenses as worse than homicide.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: People going crazy in Hays   People going crazy in Hays Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 10:22 pm

Ratzilla wrote:
Police often have their hands tied in mental cases. If no one is willing to sign them into a mental institution police can't do anything other than wait for them to commit a crime. You can't usually put someone away on the grounds that they might do something.

I'm surprised they don't though since they've managed to keep sex offenders locked up just on the theory they might re-offend. I guess too many Americans still see sex offenses as worse than homicide.

The difference is that they can't lock someone up before they commit a crime. In the case of a sex offender who might commit another crime, they've already been convicted. And the rate of rehab for sex offenders is very close to zero.

Of course, had the police locked the guy up before he committed a crime, Rog and bobby would be some of the first ones screaming about that, too. In the minds of people like them, no matter what the cops do, they're wrong. Talk about a thankless profession.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: People going crazy in Hays   People going crazy in Hays Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 10:25 pm

Is this story what all this is about? How are the police culpable?
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

PostSubject: Re: People going crazy in Hays   People going crazy in Hays Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 11:32 pm

The Other One wrote:
Ratzilla wrote:

The difference is that they can't lock someone up before they commit a crime. In the case of a sex offender who might commit another crime, they've already been convicted. And the rate of rehab for sex offenders is very close to zero.

Of course, had the police locked the guy up before he committed a crime, Rog and bobby would be some of the first ones screaming about that, too. In the minds of people like them, no matter what the cops do, they're wrong. Talk about a thankless profession.

And sometimes those that serve pay the most.
Back to top Go down
dz724
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: People going crazy in Hays   People going crazy in Hays Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 12:30 am

Wow... Maybe it's the wine- but I'm lost!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: People going crazy in Hays   People going crazy in Hays Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 5:49 pm

The Other One wrote:
Ratzilla wrote:

You listen to far too much propaganda. I've known about several in the surrounding area who've gone 10 and even 20 years or more with no incidence of re-offending.

Wikipedia wrote:
A 2002 study by the United States Department of Justice indicated that recidivism rates among sex offenders was 5.3%; that is, about 1 in 19 of released sex offenders were later arrested for another sex crime. The same study mentioned that 68% of released non-sex offenders were rearrested for any crime (both sex and non-sex offenses), while 43% of the released sex offenders were rearrested for any crime (and 24% reconvicted).[2]

A collection of official studies spanning the years 1983 to 2010 across all 50 states and the federal government has been assembled [3]. This URL provides a spreadsheet and .zip file containing sources supporting the DOJ study, where the average recidivism of sex offenders committing new sex crimes since 1983 is approximately 9%, compared to the 42% average recidivism rate for all felony offenders committing any new felony offense.

Link

So tell me why some guy selling crack at the school yard or a gang member terrorizing kids can be in and out of jail several times but no law was ever written saying he can be kept indefinitely "after" his sentence is over. Our laws are based too much on feelings instead of real statistics.
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

Number of posts : 3438

PostSubject: Re: People going crazy in Hays   People going crazy in Hays Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 6:28 pm

Ratzilla wrote:
You listen to far too much propaganda. I've known about several in the surrounding area who've gone 10 and even 20 years or more with no incidence of re-offending.

Do you know that because they told you so? I ain't buyin' it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=790394051
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: People going crazy in Hays   People going crazy in Hays Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 7:00 pm

suzyr wrote:
Ratzilla wrote:

They were never arrested again. And I can't know for sure, but the couple I knew personally were so paranoid of being accused they avoided social contact that wasn't necessary. One guy who's sister I know told her he refused to even be alone with her kids just to avoid accusations and he spent the rest of his life living alone.

Point was that while there is a small percentage that re-offend over and over, they run a wide range of types. Not all of them are homicidal rapists as the media would like us to believe. I know of a few cases that were one time compulsions resulting from excessive alcohol.

And I think you missed the whole point anyways. All kinds of dangerous criminals can go through the revolving door of the legal system but none of them can be held after their sentence is over even though their type of violent crime may have a high rate of recidivism.

And mental patients are even harder to hold unless they are a sex offender. It doesn't comfort me any that a known dangerous psychopath can't be held just because his insanity didn't involve sex.

There was a guy in Ellis long ago that used to threaten residents including kids. He carried a hatchet around and would block kids from crossing a bridge. He skinned a cat alive while the kids who owned it watched. Yet he hadn't crossed that magic line. A few years later he was imprisoned for sodomizing a young boy. Think about it.....
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: People going crazy in Hays   People going crazy in Hays Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 7:38 pm

You can be listed as a sexual predator for being caught urinating in public twice.
High price to pay for partying too much in college, for example.
They rarely re-offend after graduation.
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

PostSubject: Re: People going crazy in Hays   People going crazy in Hays Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 9:21 pm

Justoo wrote:
You can be listed as a sexual predator for being caught urinating in public twice.

But, that is not the kind we are talking about. Is it?
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: People going crazy in Hays   People going crazy in Hays Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 12:22 am

nitromaxx98 wrote:
Justoo wrote:

But, that is not the kind we are talking about. Is it?

No nitro, but justoo makes a good point for my argument. Truly psychotic individuals often can't be dealt with until they harm someone as you and I both know far too well. We lost someone we both thought highly of because of it. Yet someone who just pees in the bushes can be seen as a threat to society. Our society is out of touch with reality in more ways than one. And what you probably don't know is that person we lost to a mentally imbalanced individual understood my thinking here because we discussed this kind of lopsided justice on many occasions.

I don't support locking someone up before they do any wrong. But in some cases behaviors point to a powder keg getting ready to blow and all too many times signs were there but nothing could be done. The man I mentioned from Ellis displayed dangerously violent and psychotic behavior for years, but until he committed a sex crime he was never taken seriously.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: People going crazy in Hays   People going crazy in Hays Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 1:18 am

Ratzilla wrote:
The Other One wrote:
Ratzilla wrote:

Wikipedia wrote:
A 2002 study by the United States Department of Justice indicated that recidivism rates among sex offenders was 5.3%; that is, about 1 in 19 of released sex offenders were later arrested for another sex crime. The same study mentioned that 68% of released non-sex offenders were rearrested for any crime (both sex and non-sex offenses), while 43% of the released sex offenders were rearrested for any crime (and 24% reconvicted).[2]

A collection of official studies spanning the years 1983 to 2010 across all 50 states and the federal government has been assembled [3]. This URL provides a spreadsheet and .zip file containing sources supporting the DOJ study, where the average recidivism of sex offenders committing new sex crimes since 1983 is approximately 9%, compared to the 42% average recidivism rate for all felony offenders committing any new felony offense.

Link

So tell me why some guy selling crack at the school yard or a gang member terrorizing kids can be in and out of jail several times but no law was ever written saying he can be kept indefinitely "after" his sentence is over. Our laws are based too much on feelings instead of real statistics.

And who wrote and/or edited the wikipedia article? A sex offender?
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: People going crazy in Hays   People going crazy in Hays Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 1:20 am

Ratzilla wrote:

So does that mean that they never committed another offense or that they learned to not get caught?
Back to top Go down
lilchefed
Rookie
Rookie
lilchefed

Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: Re: People going crazy in Hays   People going crazy in Hays Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 10:12 am

I think the problem with getting mentally ill (or whatever you want to call them) help has to come down to who is going to pick up the tab? The individual? An insurance company? The State? It's hard to get that into the budget and even get it increased.

I had a distant relative who was diagnosed with some mental health problems, which contributed to a situation that went down and that lead him being convicted of multiple charges (like resisting arrest, disturbing the peace, etc., all in the same instance). He was found guilty and stuck in the prison system. He should have gone to a mental institution, but they didn't have room for him, nor the money to treat him. While in prison he had a freak out and the guards killed him while trying to get the situation under control.

So, here is an individual that was medically diagnosed with a mental ill problem and the only reason he was locked up was that he had committed an actual crime, yet they didn't put him where they should have. Hard to pick someone up who hasn't committed a crime yet and put them away when you have those that have already been diagnosed and committed the crime in the wrong places.

Now I'm generalizing since this situation with my relative wasn't in Kansas, but I'm pretty sure Kansas is under the same budget constraints.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: People going crazy in Hays   People going crazy in Hays Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 5:59 pm

The Other One wrote:
And who wrote and/or edited the wikipedia article? A sex offender?

Some of those are stats from the Dept. Of Justice. Maybe you should call them and ask them why they let sex offenders at wikipedia get by with changing their stats.

The Other One wrote:
So does that mean that they never committed another offense or that they learned to not get caught?

You are either falsely grouping all sex offenders under one type like the typical talk show host looking for sensationalism, or you are suggesting that they are far more intelligent than the general prison population. The reality is that they run from the very stupid to the very intelligent. They also range from one time offenders and even fairly harmless ones to the habitual and violent with a multitude of variations. You probably have known alot more of them than you realize.
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: People going crazy in Hays   People going crazy in Hays Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 6:22 pm

Sex offenders run the gamut of types. In my opinion the predators are the worst and most likely to repeat. This would include rapists and active pedophiles like teachers (opposed to internet/self pleasure).
Then there are the flashers, public masturbation, peepers, gropers, office management, etc. Many of these can prevent repeat offenses with medication or education.
Then there is the "accidental" category. Peeing in the bushes, topless at the lake, etc. Most in this group cure themselves by either growing up or drinking less. Sometimes both.

I am sure there are some things I overlooked. I am not an expert on sex offenders nor have I played one on TV.
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

Number of posts : 3438

PostSubject: Re: People going crazy in Hays   People going crazy in Hays Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 10:06 pm

But did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, Justoo?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=790394051
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: People going crazy in Hays   People going crazy in Hays Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 3:04 am

Sex offenses in the workplace is a whole nother kettle of fish. But you did leave out one justoo that can get an innocent on the state registry. When a once willing partner screams rape for various reasons. I know of at least 2 men on the registry that are on it because of that but politicians are afraid of changing the laws to reflect reality.

Right now it's easier to group everyone from the bushes peeing beer drinker to the the frothing at the mouth rapist/molester in one group because if they divide sex offenders by category then 1000 frothing at the mouth mothers would accuse them of endangering the children.

On a side note, related, yet not, I was watching some wrestling on TV a couple weeks ago. One wrestler in a huge British arena lit up a cigarette as part of his new "persona". I could hear fans in the background screaming "Think of the children in the audience. You're killing my children". As opposed to the plumes of pyrotechnics smoke their children inhaled during the entrance of each contestant.

Point is that society has become stupid. Driven by emotion and PC instead of logic.
Back to top Go down
robert
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
robert

PostSubject: Re: People going crazy in Hays   People going crazy in Hays Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 6:47 pm

guy had 20 some odd skull fractures... i wonder what happened to the bludgeoning device... hope somebody has dragged that river... searched those little hidey holes all up through those trees along there... and the dumpsters nearby....
Back to top Go down
zeke
Rookie
Rookie
zeke

Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2008-03-29

PostSubject: Re: People going crazy in Hays   People going crazy in Hays Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 2:10 pm

if you are connected to FHSU they can't touch you....after all that SOB ed hammond has a reputation of this piss poor university to pretect
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: People going crazy in Hays   People going crazy in Hays Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

People going crazy in Hays
Page 1 of 1