Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

Shootings in Hays

Go down 
+10
LukeTHr
nobodysbusiness
Degeneration X
nitromaxx98
luv2cook
Ratzilla
firemanswife
The Other One
CountryGirl
bg0308
14 posters
AuthorMessage
bg0308
Rookie
Rookie
bg0308

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Shootings in Hays Empty
PostSubject: Shootings in Hays   Shootings in Hays Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 1:32 pm

Heard through the grapevine that a trooper and a hays police officer were shot and possibly killed. Anyone have any info? We didn't have our scanner on yesterday. Supposedly happened on the bypass by the sewer plant
Back to top Go down
CountryGirl
Rookie
Rookie
CountryGirl

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Shootings in Hays Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shootings in Hays   Shootings in Hays Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 4:11 pm

From People of Hays, KS posting on Facebook
It has been heard that a State Trooper was shot (but not killed) last night in the South side of Hays. I have no more details than this.....does anyone know what really happened? (and no rumors please....facts only)
It's true, I don't want to give any details on here. Just pray for the officer and his family.
They did catch the man who shot him.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Shootings in Hays Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shootings in Hays   Shootings in Hays Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 5:11 pm

Back to top Go down
bg0308
Rookie
Rookie
bg0308

Shootings in Hays Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shootings in Hays   Shootings in Hays Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 5:17 pm

It was Doug Shulte... At least he is in stable condition! I'm glad they caught the person who shot and it was just one officer involved. It just goes to show how one story can get twisted and turned into such a crazy and off the wall story!
Back to top Go down
firemanswife
Rookie
Rookie
firemanswife

Number of posts : 176

Shootings in Hays Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shootings in Hays   Shootings in Hays Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 3:23 pm

You have to figure who is running the People of Hays, Ks page too!!!
Back to top Go down
bg0308
Rookie
Rookie
bg0308

Shootings in Hays Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shootings in Hays   Shootings in Hays Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 5:26 pm

firemanswife wrote:
You have to figure who is running the People of Hays, Ks page too!!!

I'm lost... is this on facebook or something?
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Shootings in Hays Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shootings in Hays   Shootings in Hays Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 6:38 pm

Yeah it's on facebook. But at least the former 67601 site member that's running the page did ask that no one post unconfirmed information this time.
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

Number of posts : 1170
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Shootings in Hays Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shootings in Hays   Shootings in Hays Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 6:47 pm

No she didnt, the way she worded it was just begging for rumor and she did it again this afternoon with the hostage standoff. Its one thing to be posting personal stuff but when you are out there posting stuff that involves law enforcement, or the fire department, I dont think you should be posting squat until you have the facts. When Centennial towers had that fire she started the ball rolling by posting in all caps and exclamation points there was a big fire, serious fire blah blah and then people went all batshit and by the time you knew it there were fatalities etc. Thats just totally irresponsible. Right after that fire debacle I "unliked" that page I see several more have followed suit over the last couple of days.

Last edited by luv2cook on Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Shootings in Hays Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shootings in Hays   Shootings in Hays Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 6:58 pm

Oh I agree she was wanting to get things rolling and had to of course be the very first to post about it. Just saying that at least she asked for facts only in the shooting. But I also agree that rushing to post about it is more like running a gossip circle than providing necessary info.
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

Shootings in Hays Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shootings in Hays   Shootings in Hays Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 7:11 pm

blah.......Im over it, was funny tho that someone called her on it yesterday and several more today.
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Number of posts : 3515

Shootings in Hays Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shootings in Hays   Shootings in Hays Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 8:00 pm

I can't bash her. One of her links turned out to be very productive and satisfying!!!

Suspect
Twisted Evil
Shootings in Hays 952780
Back to top Go down
Degeneration X
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
Degeneration X

Number of posts : 1337

Shootings in Hays Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shootings in Hays   Shootings in Hays Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 10:12 pm

nitromaxx98 wrote:
I can't bash her. One of her links turned out to be very productive and satisfying!!!

Suspect
Twisted Evil
Shootings in Hays 952780
Were you checking out the links to her pictures again. affraid
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Number of posts : 3515

Shootings in Hays Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shootings in Hays   Shootings in Hays Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 11:10 pm

Degeneration X wrote:
nitromaxx98 wrote:

Suspect
Twisted Evil
Shootings in Hays 952780
Were you checking out the links to her pictures again. affraid

Nope! Let's just say karma is a bitch.....
Back to top Go down
nobodysbusiness
Admin
Admin
nobodysbusiness

Number of posts : 2062

Shootings in Hays Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shootings in Hays   Shootings in Hays Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 1:53 am

bwahahahahaha!!!

I'm sorry was that out loud?
Back to top Go down
bg0308
Rookie
Rookie
bg0308

Shootings in Hays Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shootings in Hays   Shootings in Hays Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 1:49 pm

Checked it out... seems like there were a lot of haters yesterday.. and got WAY out of hand fast! Did she run 67601.com? I never knew people just their names on that forum... but by the sound of it maybe thats a good thing?
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

Shootings in Hays Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shootings in Hays   Shootings in Hays Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 2:35 pm

No she didn't run 67601, and the people that posted yesterday were not "haters" they were people that had enough of her need to manufacture drama, innuendo & rumor etc and called her on it. I was impressed with them myself although some of them could have certainly used better grammar to do so, I will give you that.

She did go back and remove any posts directed against her as well as her own stupid posts that started the big mess to begin with. Look I can understand feeling the need to keep people informed, but for heavens sake, dont type it out in all caps and use 4 exclamation points and she should DISABLE the comments so people cant get on there and start reporting false stuff that needlessly upsets other people, ESPECIALLY when it's not fact-based.
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

Number of posts : 1936

Shootings in Hays Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shootings in Hays   Shootings in Hays Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 5:49 pm

I will say this about what she has accomplished with the Centennial Towers event and yesterdays hostage crisis. Everytime she puts that stuff on, it gives Ellis county officials more and more argument for encrypting ALL RADIO TRAFFIC. So no matter if you have a digital scanner or not, if they go fully encrypted, nothing will be heard on scanners. So everyones need to listen and post as an event unfolds is going to take away the ability of useful info like storm spotting, BOLO and general radio traffic related to car chases from being heard. So now , when storms are bearing down on us, we will have to rely on what Merril Teller is sharing with us, IF IT IS IMPORTANT enough for them to break into regular programming ( which it usually isn't as far as Wichita folks are concerned). So I hope all the little gossips are happy with what they are accomplishing and they better enjoy it while it lasts , because it is likely coming to an end.
Back to top Go down
bg0308
Rookie
Rookie
bg0308

Shootings in Hays Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shootings in Hays   Shootings in Hays Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 6:21 pm

LukeTHr wrote:
I will say this about what she has accomplished with the Centennial Towers event and yesterdays hostage crisis. Everytime she puts that stuff on, it gives Ellis county officials more and more argument for encrypting ALL RADIO TRAFFIC. So no matter if you have a digital scanner or not, if they go fully encrypted, nothing will be heard on scanners. So everyones need to listen and post as an event unfolds is going to take away the ability of useful info like storm spotting, BOLO and general radio traffic related to car chases from being heard. So now , when storms are bearing down on us, we will have to rely on what Merril Teller is sharing with us, IF IT IS IMPORTANT enough for them to break into regular programming ( which it usually isn't as far as Wichita folks are concerned). So I hope all the little gossips are happy with what they are accomplishing and they better enjoy it while it lasts , because it is likely coming to an end.

That's why we got our scanner for the storm spotters. Comes in hand(no pun intended) when our directv isn't working or of course when a storm isn't good enough in our area for Merril. The police stuff is nice to hear when something is going on in the neighborhood... but not to spill it out there to everyone else to read and stir up rumors. We barely turn our scanner on during the winter months but once spring and the nasty severe weather come around its running almost every night. It will be a sad day when it all comes to an end!
Back to top Go down
nobodysbusiness
Admin
Admin
nobodysbusiness

Number of posts : 2062

Shootings in Hays Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shootings in Hays   Shootings in Hays Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 7:05 pm

She loves the drama - and is an attention whore. Has always been and always will be. She used to post videos of herself singing on youtube to get attention. She is one of the worst people possible to represent Hays Kansas in any way shape or form.
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

Shootings in Hays Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shootings in Hays   Shootings in Hays Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 7:23 pm

I am hoping that not everything will be encrypted and we will still be able to get the information we need and after visiting with some folks about it, there is a good possibilty that everything won't be encrypted, just certain things. We'll keep our fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

Shootings in Hays Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shootings in Hays   Shootings in Hays Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 7:26 pm

nobodysbusiness wrote:
She loves the drama - and is an attention whore. Has always been and always will be. She used to post videos of herself singing on youtube to get attention. She is one of the worst people possible to represent Hays Kansas in any way shape or form.

Ok that video had to be pure comedy gold. I always miss those little gems darnit. And I agree about her not being the right person to represent Hays.
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

Shootings in Hays Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shootings in Hays   Shootings in Hays Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 4:47 pm

OMG !! OMG !! OMG !! FIRE !! FIRE!! FIRE!!

oops, wrong forum, I meant to do that on facebook.........

hahahaha Shootings in Hays 6729
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Shootings in Hays Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shootings in Hays   Shootings in Hays Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 5:52 pm

nobodysbusiness wrote:

I remember how things blew up when I called her that. I apologized for making fun of her backside even though the photo of her that brought it up was without a doubt intended to focus the viewer on that robust hiney. But she does crave attention something terrible, not to mention she goes about berserk when disagreed with. Remember when she told us how men with foot fetishes were begging her for pictures of hers?
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

Number of posts : 2245

Shootings in Hays Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shootings in Hays   Shootings in Hays Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 2:20 pm

Shootings in Hays 733732
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

Number of posts : 3438

Shootings in Hays Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shootings in Hays   Shootings in Hays Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 9:56 pm

Ratzilla wrote:
Oh I agree she was wanting to get things rolling and had to of course be the very first to post about it. Just saying that at least she asked for facts only in the shooting. But I also agree that rushing to post about it is more like running a gossip circle than providing necessary info.

Dang it... the things I miss while on vacation. Smile

I thought that the post you made to the POH wall a few weeks ago, would have given her a bit of a clue. Guess I gave her too much credit.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=790394051
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

Number of posts : 3438

Shootings in Hays Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shootings in Hays   Shootings in Hays Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 10:10 pm

nobodysbusiness wrote:

I'm surprised it took as long as it did, for her personality to take over the site. Too bad.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=790394051
dz724
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 919

Shootings in Hays Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shootings in Hays   Shootings in Hays Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 10:52 pm

Funny, I had "liked" then "unliked" POH a while back but I couldn't put my finger on why I didn't stick with it. Now it makes sense... However- I did "re-like" it because I love a good trainwreck!
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Shootings in Hays Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shootings in Hays   Shootings in Hays Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 11:31 pm

More than one tried to point out what was happening there, but the need for drama and personal applause apparently is powerful in some.

dz, if history tells us anything, you'll see that wreck.
Back to top Go down
robert
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
robert

Number of posts : 899
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Shootings in Hays Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shootings in Hays   Shootings in Hays Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 7:15 pm

bg0308 wrote:
It was Doug Shulte...

cows can be a bitter and vengeful lot....
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675

Shootings in Hays Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shootings in Hays   Shootings in Hays Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 12:56 am

robert wrote:
bg0308 wrote:
It was Doug Shulte...

Everything always comes back to you, doesn't it, bobby. What's it like to be the center of the universe?
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Shootings in Hays Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shootings in Hays   Shootings in Hays Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 2:34 am

robert wrote:

Cows?? I'm afraid the computer in the Batcave is not at my disposal to decipher that riddle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shootings in Hays Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shootings in Hays   Shootings in Hays Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shootings in Hays
Page 1 of 1