Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

The STINK in the south end of Hays!

Go down 
+13
jessks75
suzyj
wilkykav2
bg0308
jewelz
slider
Ratzilla
Roadstar
slickjay12
Blackie Kuhn
LukeTHr
nitromaxx98
luv2cook
17 posters
AuthorMessage
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

Number of posts : 1170
Registration date : 2008-04-01

The STINK in the south end of Hays! Empty
PostSubject: The STINK in the south end of Hays!   The STINK in the south end of Hays! Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 10:47 pm

Hey jerkoffs (whomever is in control of this) could you POSSIBLY do SOMETHING about this anytime SOON?

I mean ffs, a person literally cant go outside in the eveings without wanting to vomit.

And yes, it really IS that bad.

Im willing to bet a thousand bux if the rich had to deal with this shit stink every summer it would be gone in a matter of weeks. Mad

Last edited by luv2cook on Thu May 29, 2008 11:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: The STINK in the south end of Hays!   The STINK in the south end of Hays! Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 10:51 pm

luv2cook wrote:
Hey jerkoffs (whiomever is in control of this) could you POSSIBLY do SOMETHING about this anytuime SOON?

I mean ffs, a person literally cant go outside in the eveings without wanting to vomit.

And yes, it really IS that bad.

Im willing to bet a thousand bux if the rich had to deal with this shit stink every summer it would be gone in a matter of weeks. Mad

Brought to you by the same people who gave us poly-carts, the empty HCVB, and trees under I-70! The STINK in the south end of Hays! 843959
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: The STINK in the south end of Hays!   The STINK in the south end of Hays! Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 11:26 pm

Contact JP Michaud. It's his employer that produces that stench. Maybe he'll take up a campaign against the smell......... oh wait, he lives miles away from that foul smell so it won't be of concern to him.
Back to top Go down
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: The STINK in the south end of Hays!   The STINK in the south end of Hays! Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 11:44 pm

The nasty stench is a housekeeping problem. If they get out and clean the nasty pens, it's not a problem. Tonite was bad , I still have hog shit smell in my nasal passages
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

Number of posts : 2299

PostSubject: Re: The STINK in the south end of Hays!   The STINK in the south end of Hays! Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 11:44 pm

LukeTHr wrote:
Contact JP Michaud. It's his employer that produces that stench. Maybe he'll take up a campaign against the smell......... oh wait, he lives miles away from that foul smell so it won't be of concern to him.

the stink does not block his wonderful view
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

PostSubject: Re: The STINK in the south end of Hays!   The STINK in the south end of Hays! Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 11:48 pm

slickjay12 wrote:
LukeTHr wrote:

the stink does not block his wonderful view

Turbines don't smell like pig XXXX, also.

The Circle comes around....

Last edited by nitromaxx98 on Fri May 30, 2008 10:52 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : To piss Buff off...lol)
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

Number of posts : 1936

PostSubject: Re: The STINK in the south end of Hays!   The STINK in the south end of Hays! Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 1:23 am

Romad, your edit comment reminds me of a saying a friend of mine uses...... "Don't poke the bear....." The STINK in the south end of Hays! 58289 The STINK in the south end of Hays! 58289 The STINK in the south end of Hays! 58289
Back to top Go down
Roadstar
Rookie
Rookie
Roadstar

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: The STINK in the south end of Hays!   The STINK in the south end of Hays! Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 2:31 am

Just how in the hell does the experiment station have anything to do with poly-carts, the HCVB, and the trees on vine street ?
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: The STINK in the south end of Hays!   The STINK in the south end of Hays! Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 9:52 pm

Don't you guys read the posts here? Get a petition going. There's some Wielert ground at 180th and Golf Course Rd that I think would make an excellent pig farm. And since the owners of the ground aren't currently using it like planned, they might just rent er out for some nice pigs. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

PostSubject: Re: The STINK in the south end of Hays!   The STINK in the south end of Hays! Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 10:19 pm

LukeTHr wrote:
Romad, your edit comment reminds me of a saying a friend of mine uses...... "Don't poke the bear....." The STINK in the south end of Hays! 58289 The STINK in the south end of Hays! 58289 The STINK in the south end of Hays! 58289

lol!
Back to top Go down
slider
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
slider

Number of posts : 1289
Registration date : 2008-06-27

PostSubject: Re: The STINK in the south end of Hays!   The STINK in the south end of Hays! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 4:02 pm

The Experiment Station has been there over 100 years and I have been alive half of that. There has always been a smell from that State Owned Facility. Poke the Bear too much and the City of Hays might just loose their precious Golf Course, it is built of property owned by the Experiment Station/State of Kansas.

There were discussions about putting in an Anerobic Digestor at the Facility to take the cow crap and make methane gas out of it a coupl of years ago. As per usual, the City Commission did not want to put any effort or funding in partnership with the Station to put one of these units in. Only to try and get the State to not let the Permit be reissued for the Facility. Fat chance of that happpening.

I for one do not mind the smell, being raised around farms, it isn't as bad as it could be. I have smelled worse et al the FHSU Pig Farm just down the road by the Gross Memeorial Coliseum. That Facility by all means is the worst offender in the Southern Flank Of Hays.
Back to top Go down
jewelz
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
jewelz

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: The STINK in the south end of Hays!   The STINK in the south end of Hays! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 6:08 pm

The city had them clean it up last year to keep the visitors to stay in Haces.. If i had it right..last year it didn't smell to bad all summer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.firstpeople bears.com
bg0308
Rookie
Rookie
bg0308

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: The STINK in the south end of Hays!   The STINK in the south end of Hays! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 12:47 pm

slider wrote:
I for one do not mind the smell, being raised around farms, it isn't as bad as it could be. I have smelled worse et al the FHSU Pig Farm just down the road by the Gross Memeorial Coliseum. That Facility by all means is the worst offender in the Southern Flank Of Hays.

I completely agree. I have lived in Hays all my life, and some days are bad, and on those days I wonder if the stink isn't coming from the FT. hays farm. If you want to smell bad go drive through the east part of New Mexico. They have dairy farms every 50 feet it seems like, Hays has nothing on that smell.
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

Number of posts : 2245

PostSubject: Re: The STINK in the south end of Hays!   The STINK in the south end of Hays! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 1:15 pm

drove through texas one time The STINK in the south end of Hays! 733732 The STINK in the south end of Hays! 733732 The STINK in the south end of Hays! 733732 The STINK in the south end of Hays! 733732 The STINK in the south end of Hays! 733732
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

Number of posts : 3438

PostSubject: Re: The STINK in the south end of Hays!   The STINK in the south end of Hays! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 1:43 pm

Live in Oakley for just one summer... the feedlot stench coming from south of town is worse than anything Hays has to offer.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=790394051
jessks75
All Star
All Star
jessks75

Number of posts : 2007

PostSubject: Re: The STINK in the south end of Hays!   The STINK in the south end of Hays! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 3:49 pm

Of course there is always Dodge Shitty as well!!! Phew-we
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jessks75
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

PostSubject: Re: The STINK in the south end of Hays!   The STINK in the south end of Hays! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 4:07 pm

Doesn't the "south" end usually smell?
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

Number of posts : 1170
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: The STINK in the south end of Hays!   The STINK in the south end of Hays! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 6:20 pm

bg0308 wrote:
slider wrote:

I completely agree. I have lived in Hays all my life, and some days are bad, and on those days I wonder if the stink isn't coming from the FT. hays farm. If you want to smell bad go drive through the east part of New Mexico. They have dairy farms every 50 feet it seems like, Hays has nothing on that smell.

Try living down here pal. When you get the urge to vomit after sitting out on the front porch that means the situation is out of control. I personally dont give a shit where its coming from, my point is if the logistics of this city were reversed and the wealthy lived down here the problem wouldnt exist PERIOD.
Back to top Go down
fescue
Rookie
Rookie
fescue

Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: The STINK in the south end of Hays!   The STINK in the south end of Hays! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 6:27 pm

I have to agree...It's downright impossible to enjoy an evening in the park or anywhere south of 8th street some times. I believe it's a housekeeping problem and the state should be held to a high standard due to the proximity of a populated area. I really feel sorry for the folks who have to put up with it on a continual basis.
Back to top Go down
jessks75
All Star
All Star
jessks75

Number of posts : 2007

PostSubject: Re: The STINK in the south end of Hays!   The STINK in the south end of Hays! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 6:36 pm

ah come on peeps its the smell of MONEY!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jessks75
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812

PostSubject: Re: The STINK in the south end of Hays!   The STINK in the south end of Hays! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 7:00 pm

fescue wrote:
should be held to a high standard due to the proximity of a populated area.
Back to top Go down
SciFi
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SciFi

Number of posts : 1242

PostSubject: Re: The STINK in the south end of Hays!   The STINK in the south end of Hays! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 11:57 am

luv2cook wrote:

Try living down here pal. When you get the urge to vomit after sitting out on the front porch that means the situation is out of control. I personally dont give a shit where its coming from, my point is if the logistics of this city were reversed and the wealthy lived down here the problem wouldnt exist PERIOD.
It's probably one of the reasons they develop and build to the north and northwest. But having said that, I agree with you. If there was some overarching reason that the developers for the upper-income wanted to build to the south, then the unpleasant smell problem would get a much more serious consideration
Back to top Go down
joe

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: The STINK in the south end of Hays!   The STINK in the south end of Hays! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 7:15 pm

Isn't the experiment station the source of that smell? I wonder if J.P. would help with that.
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

Number of posts : 2299

PostSubject: Re: The STINK in the south end of Hays!   The STINK in the south end of Hays! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 8:24 pm

joe wrote:
Isn't the experiment station the source of that smell? I wonder if J.P. would help with that.

JP does not care the station does not ruin his magestic view
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The STINK in the south end of Hays!   The STINK in the south end of Hays! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The STINK in the south end of Hays!
Page 1 of 1