Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

May 19 exposure of school embezzlement

Go down 
+8
fescue
luv2cook
suzyj
dz724
nobodysbusiness
justsayno
jessks75
organprof
12 posters
AuthorMessage
organprof

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-03-28

May 19 exposure of school embezzlement Empty
PostSubject: May 19 exposure of school embezzlement   May 19 exposure of school embezzlement Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 7:29 pm

The BOE meeting on date of May 19th stated there had been a $15,000 EMBEZZLEMENT of funds in a local school. Anyone know any particular's on this subject? Why did Hays Daily News not cover this subject to inform the taxpayers about where our tax dollars go to?

Also who are the two interested individual's wanting to serve on the BOE? I hope we can secure another person as good as Greg Schwartz as he is such an assest to that board. We need people to serve that are not "yes" persons like we have now. When something gets exposed they adjourn the meeting so we don't know about the errors that have been previously made.
Back to top Go down
jessks75
All Star
All Star
jessks75

Number of posts : 2007
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: May 19 exposure of school embezzlement   May 19 exposure of school embezzlement Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 7:35 pm

hum Lets send out the 67601 detectives!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jessks75
justsayno

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Re: May 19 exposure of school embezzlement   May 19 exposure of school embezzlement Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 8:37 pm

I am with you organprof, Greg Scwartz needs to be publicly applauded for not being like the rest of those B.O.E. bozzozzz's and sweep everything under the rug. It is always best to bring things out in the open, that way people know that they can trust you. Those who hold an such positions need to know that those who put them there are going to take responsibility and be accountable. Thank's Greg!!!!!
May 19 exposure of school embezzlement 862468 May 19 exposure of school embezzlement 862468 May 19 exposure of school embezzlement 862468 May 19 exposure of school embezzlement 862468 May 19 exposure of school embezzlement 862468
Back to top Go down
nobodysbusiness
Admin
Admin
nobodysbusiness

Number of posts : 2062

PostSubject: Re: May 19 exposure of school embezzlement   May 19 exposure of school embezzlement Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 8:49 pm

I watched the meeting on tv this morning, he put his neck out there and I think its a good idea.
Back to top Go down
dz724
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 919
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: May 19 exposure of school embezzlement   May 19 exposure of school embezzlement Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 2:16 pm

I watched a snippet of the meeting online last night (there was a you tube video on the HDN website.) I can't find it now to post a link though. I wish we had more info. In any other city these things would be front page news.
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

Number of posts : 3438

PostSubject: Re: May 19 exposure of school embezzlement   May 19 exposure of school embezzlement Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 2:28 pm

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=790394051
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

PostSubject: Re: May 19 exposure of school embezzlement   May 19 exposure of school embezzlement Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 2:30 pm

At the top of the "related video" section, is part 2.
Back to top Go down
dz724
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

PostSubject: Re: May 19 exposure of school embezzlement   May 19 exposure of school embezzlement Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 2:44 pm

Thanks suzy! I hadn't seen part 2.
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

PostSubject: Re: May 19 exposure of school embezzlement   May 19 exposure of school embezzlement Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 2:47 pm

You're welcome. They're interesting videos to watch. Looks like Fred gets his feathers ruffled pretty easily.
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

Number of posts : 1170
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: May 19 exposure of school embezzlement   May 19 exposure of school embezzlement Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 6:36 pm

Not just Fred, I really not a fan of either Sharon Befort or Karie Younger for some time now. Ive noticed in other board meeting that those two can barely contain their negative feelings when Schwartz speaks and thats a shame that they keep getting re-elected if they are going to behave like children.

For that matter how the hell do 90% of these people keep getting re-elected?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: May 19 exposure of school embezzlement   May 19 exposure of school embezzlement Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 7:55 pm

luv2cook wrote:

For that matter how the hell do 90% of these people keep getting re-elected?

'cause nobody cares.
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

Number of posts : 1170
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: May 19 exposure of school embezzlement   May 19 exposure of school embezzlement Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 8:12 pm

well thats typical
Back to top Go down
fescue
Rookie
Rookie
fescue

Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: May 19 exposure of school embezzlement   May 19 exposure of school embezzlement Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 10:04 pm

how much was embezzled?
Back to top Go down
dz724
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

PostSubject: Re: May 19 exposure of school embezzlement   May 19 exposure of school embezzlement Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 11:36 pm

organprof wrote:
The BOE meeting on date of May 19th stated there had been a $15,000 EMBEZZLEMENT of funds in a local school.
Back to top Go down
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: May 19 exposure of school embezzlement   May 19 exposure of school embezzlement Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 1:08 am

$15,000 and it don't even make the papers,I wonder what else goes on around here that gets kept on the down low?
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812

PostSubject: Re: May 19 exposure of school embezzlement   May 19 exposure of school embezzlement Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 6:50 am

No corruption there. Or in the County Commission. Or in the Zoning board.

And the local paper wouldn't even consider protecting these corrupt people.

Nope, not in Hays.
Back to top Go down
SlumberGirl
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SlumberGirl

Number of posts : 1136
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: May 19 exposure of school embezzlement   May 19 exposure of school embezzlement Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 5:26 pm

$15,000 and I thought they said it was Wilson School (specifically). Makes me wonder. When my kids went to school there, it seemed like there were so many rumors going around about the teachers there. I wonder what's being said now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.slumberpartiesbyvalarie.com
jrroberts

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-04-16

PostSubject: Re: May 19 exposure of school embezzlement   May 19 exposure of school embezzlement Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 11:57 am

The facts are that we have one of the best school systems in the state. All of our schools have met and exceeded the school of excellence standards. The graduation rate is great as well as the quality of the kids that are coming out of the school systems. Our kids excel at all aspects whether its sports, music, art, or academics.

Sure there are going to be those few problems. You can't run an organization that large with out a few problems. But the big picture is that our central office, principals, teachers, and staff are obviously doing a good job. We specifically moved back to hays so that our kids can go through a good school system. The high achievement doesn't happen by accident. It is a credit to the good people we have in the district.
Back to top Go down
dz724
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

PostSubject: Re: May 19 exposure of school embezzlement   May 19 exposure of school embezzlement Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 12:15 pm

jrroberts wrote:

Sure there are going to be those few problems. You can't run an organization that large with out a few problems. But the big picture is that our central office, principals, teachers, and staff are obviously doing a good job. We specifically moved back to hays so that our kids can go through a good school system. The high achievement doesn't happen by accident. It is a credit to the good people we have in the district.

I agree! In my opinion the schools are top notch, and any organization is bound to have issues. The way I see it- Mr. Schwartz was just asking that the school board to move more quickly on the issues that arise, and to look around and see what other school districts are dealing with so that 489 can have policies in place proactively before those situations arise in Hays.
I think the other school board members got WAY defensive over a constructive criticism that was offered.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: May 19 exposure of school embezzlement   May 19 exposure of school embezzlement Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

May 19 exposure of school embezzlement
Page 1 of 1