Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

Update on the Collider

Go down 
+10
suzyj
luv2cook
wilkykav2
Justoo
nitromaxx98
SciFi
nobodysbusiness
Ratzilla
robert
Spitter Swallow
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Spitter Swallow
Spitter Swallow

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-03-28

Update on the Collider Empty
PostSubject: Update on the Collider   Update on the Collider Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 8:41 am

Back to top Go down
robert
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
robert

Number of posts : 899
Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Collider   Update on the Collider Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 8:49 am

the one i made in my garage looks bigger than this one... wonder what they did wrong? lol!
Back to top Go down
Spitter Swallow
Spitter Swallow

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Collider   Update on the Collider Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 8:54 am

Did you get TAB A into SLOT B ?
Back to top Go down
robert
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
robert

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Collider   Update on the Collider Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 8:57 am

mine doesn't have tabs... it has a doo ma hickey that slides into a thingy ma bob.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Collider   Update on the Collider Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 2:25 pm

One of these days they'll build something that'll vaporize the planet. And they'll probably throw the switch ten seconds before I'm about to get the best piece of tail in my life.
Back to top Go down
nobodysbusiness
Admin
Admin
nobodysbusiness

Number of posts : 2062
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Collider   Update on the Collider Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 2:45 pm

this reminds me of part of the movie Iron Man for some reason...
Back to top Go down
SciFi
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SciFi

Number of posts : 1242

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Collider   Update on the Collider Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 5:42 pm

Ratzilla wrote:
One of these days they'll build something that'll vaporize the planet. And they'll probably throw the switch ten seconds before I'm about to get the best piece of tail in my life.
I wish you much foreplay, my friend.
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Number of posts : 3515

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Collider   Update on the Collider Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 5:45 pm

C**k blocked by science, interesting....
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Collider   Update on the Collider Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 5:56 pm

SciFi wrote:
Ratzilla wrote:
I wish you much foreplay, my friend.

LOL.. That might be ok if the place was going to blow up anyways.
Back to top Go down
robert
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
robert

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Collider   Update on the Collider Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 2:13 am

Ratzilla wrote:
One of these days they'll build something that'll vaporize the planet.

alas we are too late.... Sad
Back to top Go down
Spitter Swallow
Spitter Swallow

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Collider   Update on the Collider Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 7:26 pm

Last edited by Spitter Swallow on Sat May 10, 2008 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : looks)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Collider   Update on the Collider Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 9:46 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Collider   Update on the Collider Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 8:30 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Collider   Update on the Collider Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 5:45 pm

Britain's most famous scientist, Stephen Hawking , has accused the government of making “disastrous” cuts to research funding that threaten the country’s international standing.

Hawking has released correspondence accusing ministers of putting science at risk through basic “bookkeeping errors” that have led to an £80m budget shortfall and warning that several university physics departments may be forced to close.

Ministers decided to merge the Particle Physics and Astronomy Research Council and the Council for the Central Laboratory of the Research Councils, which funded most of Britain’s physics research.

The merged body, the CernScience and Technology Facilities Council (STFC), was set up with an immediate shortfall of £80m because of mistakes in calculating the running costs of new laboratories. This immediately threatened the jobs of 600 physicists and the closure of facilities such as the Jodrell Bank radio telescope. It could also force Britain to pull out of global projects such as the Gemini telescopes in Hawaii.

British involvement in other major international projects- such as the new particle accelerator at , the physics facility near Geneva - are not believed to be at risk. They do, however, further squeeze the cash available for spending in Britain.

Click here and see why he turned down a knighthood
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Collider   Update on the Collider Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 6:18 pm

Now we got this going on......As the Large Hadron Collider supposedly gears up, Harvard physicist Kevin Black, based at CERN, investigates rumors that the particle accelerator may, in fact, soon be shut down—by ripples from the future.

link here

The Higgs boson is a hypothetical massive scalar elementary particle predicted to exist by the Standard Model of particle physics; it is the only Standard Model particle not yet observed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Collider   Update on the Collider Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 4:12 pm

Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Collider   Update on the Collider Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 4:29 pm

They are worried that it might cause a black hole and suck us all in.

I think we should plug it with a Shanahan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Collider   Update on the Collider Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 7:44 am

A special radio episode of sci-fi drama Torchwood is to be broadcast as part of BBC Radio 4's Big Bang day. The station will broadcast from the European nuclear research facility in Geneva on 10 September where scientists are to recreate the Big Bang aftermath.

The show's star John Barrowman will also appear in discussion with CERN physicist Brian Cox.

Cox, a former member of chart-topping band D:Ream, will also talk to Alan Alda, Eddie Izzard and comic actor Ben Miller - all of whom are particle physics enthusiasts.

Thats him on keyboards. (Brian Cox)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Collider   Update on the Collider Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 12:44 am

Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

Number of posts : 2245
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Collider   Update on the Collider Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 7:04 pm

I'm skeered!! affraid Wendesday is doomsday Suspect
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Collider   Update on the Collider Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 7:30 pm

I'm gonna borrow $5,000 and party like it's ....well....Wednesday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Collider   Update on the Collider Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 7:35 pm

They talking about the formation of a black ho.
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Collider   Update on the Collider Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 8:33 pm

Said she could eat the world.
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Collider   Update on the Collider Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 3:34 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Collider   Update on the Collider Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 5:50 pm

Here is the LHC Rap
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

Number of posts : 1170
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Collider   Update on the Collider Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 9:58 pm

Ok I have a question. Im not trying to be a smartass here, I honestly would like to know. Is it possible that this topic be moved to the general discussion section? Everytime the Classified Topic is lit I come looking for an ad and this really doesnt fit that area. As far as things for sale or things being needed etc.

Just my half cent.
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Collider   Update on the Collider Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 10:48 pm

luv2cook wrote:
Ok I have a question. Im not trying to be a smartass here, I honestly would like to know. Is it possible that this topic be moved to the general discussion section? Everytime the Classified Topic is lit I come looking for an ad and this really doesnt fit that area. As far as things for sale or things being needed etc.

Just my half cent.

If the LHC works as some predict, it will not be necessary to move this thread as we will no longer exist tomorrow....
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Collider   Update on the Collider Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 11:03 pm

nitromaxx98 wrote:
luv2cook wrote:

Just my half cent.

If the LHC works as some predict, it will not be necessary to move this thread as we will no longer exist tomorrow....

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Collider   Update on the Collider Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 11:04 pm

luv2cook wrote:

Just my half cent.
I just looked and at the top of the page it says gen discuss????either your confused or I am?? flower
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Collider   Update on the Collider Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 7:01 am

by the way,if this guy may suck us into the earth-why is he allowed to do this and who's allowing him to do it????
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Collider   Update on the Collider Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 7:35 am

He is allowed to do this in the name of science and discovery.

I gave him permission.
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

Number of posts : 3438

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Collider   Update on the Collider Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 8:20 am

wilkykav2 wrote:
luv2cook wrote:

Just my half cent.
I just looked and at the top of the page it says gen discuss????either your confused or I am?? flower

I moved it. Update on the Collider 3074
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=790394051
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Collider   Update on the Collider Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 9:51 am

Thanks Suz,like I need help to get confused lol!
Back to top Go down
lisav
Rookie
Rookie
lisav

Number of posts : 454
Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Collider   Update on the Collider Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 11:44 am

We are still here, does that mean the collider didn't work?
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Collider   Update on the Collider Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 2:04 pm

thnx Suz for the move. Smile
Back to top Go down
lisav
Rookie
Rookie
lisav

Number of posts : 454
Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Collider   Update on the Collider Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 2:51 pm

Or maybe it did work and we are just not aware we are dead, yet.
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Collider   Update on the Collider Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 2:54 pm

lisav wrote:
Or maybe it did work and we are just not aware we are dead, yet.

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Collider   Update on the Collider Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 8:18 pm

link

Latest news...So far So good...... Ii Still have friends from overseas that I have yet to hear from tho.
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Collider   Update on the Collider Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 10:57 pm

My son got up with no grumpiness this morning. Something happened... Suspect
Back to top Go down
crutch51
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
crutch51

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2008-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Collider   Update on the Collider Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 10:57 pm

Just wait until they get to full power. I don't care how far they're underground,if it's not a black hole thats created then there may a ripple affect of some kind. What the hell is wrong with their government? affraid
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Collider   Update on the Collider Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 11:00 pm

crutch51 wrote:
Just wait until they get to full power. I don't care how far they're underground,if it's not a black hole thats created then there may a ripple affect of some kind. What the hell is wrong with their government? affraid

We're all gonna DIE!!!
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Collider   Update on the Collider Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 9:23 am

nitromaxx98 wrote:
crutch51 wrote:

We're all gonna DIE!!!

...eventually...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Collider   Update on the Collider Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 6:30 pm

Back to top Go down
jewelz
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
jewelz

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Collider   Update on the Collider Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 1:41 am

Spitter Swallow wrote:
Update on the Collider AtlasColliderBARC_1000x667

How scientists plan to recreate the Big Bang with the 7,000-ton Atlas detector
I wonder if it still looks that pretty?? Black hole, I know they do crazy thimgs with that. Our earth willturn inside out and explode Shocked OMG
Back to top Go down
http://www.firstpeople bears.com
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Collider   Update on the Collider Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 11:58 am

Who moved this back?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Collider   Update on the Collider Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 7:23 pm

Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Collider   Update on the Collider Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 8:39 am

luv2cook wrote:
Who moved this back?
Ditto.
And................ The Large Hadron Collider is ready to start smashing its first particles together early next week after glitches with the $7.2 billion "big bang machine" were fixed by engineers.

Although scientists had hoped that the successful creation of the particle accelerator's first beams last Wednesday would clear the way for trial collisions this week, the timetable has had to be delayed because of power failures that affected its cooling system.

The problems were resolved finally Wednesday and the team was planning to resume circulating beams of protons around the 17-mile ring that night.

We may still die affraid

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,424682,00.html
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Collider   Update on the Collider Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 10:48 am

Plans for the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) to start smashing its first particles next week have been derailed after it developed a significant fault Friday.

The problem with one of the $7.2 billion accelerator's superconducting magnets means it will be impossible to stage its first trial collisions on Monday, and further delays could follow once the damage has been fully assessed.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,425405,00.html

Saved again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Collider   Update on the Collider Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 6:50 pm

Supercooled helium that chills the LHC's magnets to 1.8 degrees centigrade above absolute zero was released into the accelerator's 17-mile tunnel in the incident.

wow.

I also read some hackers did what hackers do, and hacked into their system.....

Sezzzzz theys gonna be down for 2 months!

MSN Link
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Collider   Update on the Collider Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 10:03 am

They're talking about your machine on the History Channel, Mikey.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Collider   Update on the Collider Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Update on the Collider
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next