Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

I went into Home Depot....

Go down 
+8
jewelz
SlumberGirl
nitromaxx98
Ratzilla
organprof
Dusty Moff
luv2cook
nosy
12 posters
AuthorMessage
nosy

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-04-04

I went into Home Depot.... Empty
PostSubject: I went into Home Depot....   I went into Home Depot.... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 6:07 pm

...filled my cart with stuff, and left with nothing because of their bad cutomer service.

I had an ad from Menards from last Sunday's paper - they had some tile I wanted for cheaper than HD, and I always heard Home Depot price matches other offers, plus gives 10% off. So I went in, got my stuff and tried to check out. They told me "Oh, we don't honor Menards." Ummm....what? The manager was so smug and said "Well, if you had an ad from Florida, we wouldn't honor that either." This ad was in the Hays Daily, though, so it pissed me off. I was going to buy a lot of other stuff too, that wouldn't have been on sale. After I argued, he said he'd match the price, but not the 10%. By then it was more the principal of the thing - if their ad says they'll honor it with 10% off, they should. So I left all my stuff on the counter and left. I have family by Menards and they can buy what I want and ship it to me cheaper than HD's price.

It was terrible customer service - I wonder if they've ever price matched anything? They could say "Oh, we don't honor that" about every store.

Argh. That's crap. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

Number of posts : 1170
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: I went into Home Depot....   I went into Home Depot.... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 6:17 pm

Thats why we should have gotten a Lowe's. Home Depot is shit.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Moff
Dusty Moff

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-04-19

PostSubject: Re: I went into Home Depot....   I went into Home Depot.... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 6:29 pm

When I get that attitude I tell them that I will advertise for them. Decide now what you want me to say. And, before you answer, remember word of mouth travels faster than a newspaper ad. And bad news travels fastest.

Now, how would you like me to word the advertising I do for you?
Back to top Go down
organprof

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: I went into Home Depot....   I went into Home Depot.... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 6:31 pm

Did you know when you buy at this local Home Depot you pay an additional 10% on all purchase as our City Commissioner's are letting them do such to pay for their new bldg expenses for 10 years? I trade elsewhere because of that fact. Our City Commissioners cost us mega bucks in this town. Look at the grade of all the business places coming to this town. Our Mall is a shame to the community. Newcomers look over our taxes on property and don't want there employee's to have such a burden and they go elsewhere. I know of two major companies that were wined and dined by our big wigs and decided against such because of that very reason. They are appalled at our streets construction and wonder what kind of a City Engineer we have only to find out we always hire out of town engineering firms to prepare our streets and then 5 years later they discover the base of the road construction wasn't done correctly????? How many times do we read such in our newspaper???
Back to top Go down
Dusty Moff
Dusty Moff

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-04-19

PostSubject: Re: I went into Home Depot....   I went into Home Depot.... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 6:51 pm

You do pay a little more in sales tax at HD. But it isn't 10% more. You have a right to be upset with them. But you also have a responsibility to be honest in your statements.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: I went into Home Depot....   I went into Home Depot.... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 6:51 pm

organprof wrote:
Newcomers look over our taxes on property and don't want there employee's to have such a burden and they go elsewhere. I know of two major companies that were wined and dined by our big wigs and decided against such because of that very reason.

If this is provable, what companies?
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: I went into Home Depot....   I went into Home Depot.... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 7:35 pm

Some items displayed at HD are special order only, just ask sometime. Then they charge you for shipping. We live in a crooked county and city.

You got two choices, let them continue to ass-rape us, or vote for change.
Back to top Go down
SlumberGirl
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SlumberGirl

Number of posts : 1136
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: I went into Home Depot....   I went into Home Depot.... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 5:30 pm

I have never heard of a Menards before.
Back to top Go down
http://www.slumberpartiesbyvalarie.com
jewelz
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
jewelz

Number of posts : 921

PostSubject: Re: I went into Home Depot....   I went into Home Depot.... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 5:40 pm

SlumberGirl wrote:
I have never heard of a Menards before.
Where and what kinda store is this???
Back to top Go down
http://www.firstpeople bears.com
SlumberGirl
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SlumberGirl

Number of posts : 1136

PostSubject: Re: I went into Home Depot....   I went into Home Depot.... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 5:47 pm

I looked it up on the net, there is a store in Kearney, it's like a Home Depot or Lowe's.
Back to top Go down
http://www.slumberpartiesbyvalarie.com
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

Number of posts : 3438

PostSubject: Re: I went into Home Depot....   I went into Home Depot.... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 6:02 pm

I can understand price matching a local store, but expecting them to price match an ad for a store that isn't even in the same state, is a bit much.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=790394051
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: I went into Home Depot....   I went into Home Depot.... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 7:12 pm

True suzyr, but IMO, no place should be selling the same exact thing for different prices. I also have an issue with the practice of discounts by wholesalers to retailers who buy more. Walmart can buy mass quantity and sell cheap still making money. The small business has to pay more and if they try to match Walmart will lose big.

If a contractor wants to reduce his personal profits to show appreciation for a big customer that's one thing. But everyone should be paying the same price for the product itself. If Walmart wants to sell a million cans of paint at a 5 cent per can profit, so be it. But they shouldn't be able to buy that can for 50 cents less than the small town store. Our politicians are bought and paid for. And no, I don't need any lectures on the wonders of Capitolism. Expecting a small business to compete with the big boys is one thing, but preventing them from having a chance is wrong.
Back to top Go down
robert
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
robert

Number of posts : 899
Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: I went into Home Depot....   I went into Home Depot.... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 9:44 am

organprof wrote:
Did you know when you buy at this local Home Depot you pay an additional 10% on all purchase as our City Commissioner's are letting them do such to pay for their new bldg expenses for 10 years?

Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
jewelz
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
jewelz

PostSubject: Re: I went into Home Depot....   I went into Home Depot.... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 10:58 am

I want to buy my building, housing and lawn & garden needs from the home lumber store on 24th. Support our local people! I went into Home Depot.... 793327

Last edited by jewelz on Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

Number of posts : 1936

PostSubject: Re: I went into Home Depot....   I went into Home Depot.... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 12:45 pm

jewelz wrote:
I want to buy my building, housing and lawn & garden needs from the home lumber store on 24th. Support our local people! I went into Home Depot.... 793327

If you mean Home Lumber on 22nd St in Hays, you may be too late. They are closing soon if they haven't already. Just another victim in the battle of the big corporate giants over the local little guys. Thats progress..... I went into Home Depot.... 929670
Back to top Go down
nosy

Number of posts : 17

PostSubject: Just an update....   I went into Home Depot.... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 9:33 am

After three phone calls...I got it resolved! They are sending me a gift card for the difference plus a little more.

Their customer care person said that most times they only price match within 50 miles, but since we are in a rural area and the ad was in our local paper, the guarantee should apply.

Ha to that manager! Smile
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812

PostSubject: Re: I went into Home Depot....   I went into Home Depot.... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 9:51 am

Heh heh. Bet he gets an email from the front office.

NOSY WINS !!!
Back to top Go down
jewelz
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
jewelz

PostSubject: Re: I went into Home Depot....   I went into Home Depot.... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 2:47 pm

LukeTHr wrote:
jewelz wrote:

If you mean Home Lumber on 22nd St in Hays, you may be too late. They are closing soon if they haven't already. Just another victim in the battle of the big corporate giants over the local little guys. Thats progress..... I went into Home Depot.... 929670
Oh Man affraid What have we done??? That was a great friendly store.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I went into Home Depot....   I went into Home Depot.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I went into Home Depot....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hays, Kansas :: Open Forum :: Local Discussions-
Jump to: