Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

Taxes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Taxes Empty
PostSubject: Taxes   Taxes Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 4:27 pm

The honorable Governor S. Brownback is talking about reducing taxes. I think they should be eliminated all together. Increase property taxes to generate revenue and leave more cash in your paycheck. I also think that they should do away with sales tax on groceries (and, yes, beer IS food).

Shoot, I forgot to add the link I had handy. I have yet to plug thru the entirety of the article, so its views may differ from mine.

Hmmm.... lol, "New members are not allowed to post external links or emails for 7 days. Please contact the forum administrator for more information."

wichitaliberty.org
/kansas-government/research-on-state-taxes-kansas-should-cut/
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Taxes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taxes   Taxes Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 10:41 pm

Beer is not food and look at the lost revenues if it weren't taxed. As far as property taxes, I have to disagree with you on that one..... why should we have to pay more to keep something we have bought and paid for?? I think sales tax is the best option, the problem is tho, once politicians and bueracrats get their greedy little hands on your money in the form of taxes, they never want to let go of it. I think it's time for everyone to get weaned from the government teat by losing big tax breaks and subsudies. I also think taxes should be increased on stock market trades. Five dollars per thousand dollars of trade, buying or selling, no matter... could you imagine the massive amounts of money that would generate? Then all these slick fast money people that manipulate the markets could contribute a fair share
Back to top Go down

Taxes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taxes   Taxes Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 12:14 am

I have no problem with a national sales tax, what we talking? 15% on top of local and state tax? And do away with personal income tax. 5 dollars per 1000 USD of trade is an interesting idea.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Taxes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taxes   Taxes Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 3:36 pm

We need to abolish the IRS, eliminate the income tax and tax imports to the extent that companies will come back here to manufacture goods. Couple that with a national right-to-work law to keep the unions from just running companies out of business.

AFTER we have our own economic base restored, we can look at a national consumption tax.
Back to top Go down

Taxes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taxes   Taxes Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 7:08 am

I also like the Idea of banning any kind of food exports, and cutting off ALL payments to foreign governments.
Back to top Go down
SciFi
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SciFi

Number of posts : 1242

Taxes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taxes   Taxes Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 4:03 pm

SunShine69 wrote:
I also like the Idea of banning any kind of food exports, and cutting off ALL payments to foreign governments.

What good would restricting overseas commerce do anybody?
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675

Taxes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taxes   Taxes Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 9:56 am

Taxes 316106_10150856991145249_635995248_21221698_1375420609_n
Back to top Go down

Taxes Empty