Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

Please answer survey and find some money, maybe

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rog
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Please answer survey and find some money, maybe Empty
PostSubject: Please answer survey and find some money, maybe   Please answer survey and find some money, maybe Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 1:21 pm

If any of you would like to participate and possibly find some significant cash, please do so.

Many people around here used Midwest Energy and/or Rural Telephone as their utility providers. Both of these entities are organized as coops, meaning that the customers essentially "own" the company. Their percentage of ownership is based on the amount of money they spent on phone, electric and gas over those years. The coops pay out dividends on this ownership around 20 years after the year for which they paid for service. An accelerated lump sum is allowed to be paid to an estate if a claim is made by an heir or administrator or executor of an estate. Heirs or estates don't have to wait the 20 years.

Farm families should check with their local farm coop to see if there were patronage dividends owing to the ancestor.

If the person had utility service in a business name, check under that name, even if it was a sole proprietorship.

If you have a relative who died around here, and from whom you or a close family member were in a position to inherit, please do the following:

Call Midwest Energy (800) 222-3121 and ask to check to see if your ancestor had any uncollected capital credits. Do the same for Rural Telephone, (877) 567-7872 and ask the same. If they were farmers, call the Coop they did business with. Also check unclaimed property to see if anything there. http://www.kansascash.com/prodweb/up/ownr_1.php

Please let me know what you find and the total dollar amount owing and collectible for each coop. Then go get your money.

Thanks.

Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902

PostSubject: Re: Please answer survey and find some money, maybe   Please answer survey and find some money, maybe Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 3:01 am

I've known for about 20 years that there was around $130 in unclaimed money in my dad's name here in KS, but never contacted anyone because his last wife (the Jimmy Swaggart ass licker) would be next of kin and get it. Being patient as hell in certain matters I just waited. After you posted this I remembered and ran an obituary check and see she died in 2006 and the money hasn't yet been claimed.

So now I can submit a claim and for some reason this song keeps popping into my head. Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHJoj9IqeKg
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Please answer survey and find some money, maybe   Please answer survey and find some money, maybe Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 10:41 am

Ratzilla wrote:
So now I can submit a claim and for some reason this song keeps popping into my head. Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHJoj9IqeKg

The same song was in my head when this was happening. Notice the forced, fake smile on her face.

Please answer survey and find some money, maybe ?m=02&d=20110105&t=2&i=296730958&w=&fh=&fw=&ll=460&pl=300&r=2011-01-05T192358Z_01_BTRE7041HW100_RTROPTP_0_USA-CONGRESS
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Please answer survey and find some money, maybe   Please answer survey and find some money, maybe Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 4:59 pm

Well EP that witch isn't dead, but she'll never get her hands on those ruby slippers now. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Please answer survey and find some money, maybe   Please answer survey and find some money, maybe Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 6:26 pm

Ratzilla wrote:
Well EP that witch isn't dead, but she'll never get her hands on those ruby slippers now. Very Happy

I heard this morning that she has a Waterford crystal gavel at home. And one of Boehner's first acts was to give back the Gulfstream jet that she had acquired as the Speaker's personal plane. Just a woman of the people, you know.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Please answer survey and find some money, maybe   Please answer survey and find some money, maybe Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 4:33 am

The Other One wrote:
Just a woman of the people, you know.

I'd say of Mexico from the sound of her ideas on giving illegals full rights. I'll watch for that crystal gavel if she goes back to her old job hosting Tales Of The Crypt.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please answer survey and find some money, maybe   Please answer survey and find some money, maybe Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Please answer survey and find some money, maybe
Page 1 of 1