Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

One million rounds per minute!

Go down 
+4
fescue
The Other One
Ratzilla
nitromaxx98
8 posters
AuthorMessage
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2008-03-25

One million rounds per minute! Empty
PostSubject: One million rounds per minute!   One million rounds per minute! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 12:32 am

Could come in handy...
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: One million rounds per minute!   One million rounds per minute! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 2:40 am

Saw that on TV. Over 16,000 rounds a second would sure take care of anyone or anything giving you trouble, but at todays ammo prices I'll have to pass.

The AA-12 full auto shotgun is still my dream toy. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675

PostSubject: Re: One million rounds per minute!   One million rounds per minute! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 5:02 am

Oh. I thought this was going to be about the rate of BS coming out of Washington, DC.
Back to top Go down
fescue
Rookie
Rookie
fescue

Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: One million rounds per minute!   One million rounds per minute! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 5:54 am

We could put a few of those at the Mexican border
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: One million rounds per minute!   One million rounds per minute! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 12:23 pm

at the extreme high rate it is more of a shotgun. I like the concept of one shot- one kill better myself. far more economical and the psycological effect is stronger
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: One million rounds per minute!   One million rounds per minute! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 12:39 pm

LukeTHr wrote:
at the extreme high rate it is more of a shotgun. I like the concept of one shot- one kill better myself. far more economical and the psycological effect is stronger

I don't know. Watching the guy next to you literally disintegrate might just have a touch more psychological effect.
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

PostSubject: Re: One million rounds per minute!   One million rounds per minute! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 2:05 pm

but at the rate this thing is firing, a cluster bomb or grenade would be just as, if not more effective. this thing is an impressive toy, but I don't see it being practical , reliabe , or useful in a combat situation. really anything that fires more then 600 rounds per minute is just wasting ammo, you can only kill someone once no matter how many rounds you pump into them

Last edited by LukeTHr on Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling correction)
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: One million rounds per minute!   One million rounds per minute! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 3:46 pm

LukeTHr wrote:
really anything that fires more then 600 rounds per minute is just wasting ammo, you can only kill someone once no matter how many rounds you pump into them

I agree on the practicality especially of a million round gun. But Puff The Magic Dragon in Vietnam made this kind of firepower famous and gave intimidation a whole new meaning. Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

PostSubject: Re: One million rounds per minute!   One million rounds per minute! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 4:00 pm

now the Dillon gun makes far more sense than that other thing. the other one requires a seperate barrel for each round, whereas the dillion uses the same barrels for multiple rounds. its a more compact design allowing ease of aim and reloading.
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

Number of posts : 2299

PostSubject: Re: One million rounds per minute!   One million rounds per minute! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 5:20 pm

I love watching tracers goin into there targets!!!!!!!!!!!! bounce
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

PostSubject: Re: One million rounds per minute!   One million rounds per minute! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 6:27 pm

LukeTHr wrote:
now the Dillon gun makes far more sense than that other thing. the other one requires a seperate barrel for each round, whereas the dillion uses the same barrels for multiple rounds. its a more compact design allowing ease of aim and reloading.

Watch further.

Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

PostSubject: Re: One million rounds per minute!   One million rounds per minute! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 6:37 pm

I always thought it was an interesting concept, don't get me wrong. It just seems impractical in a real world situation. For battle situations, simplicity is still the best option for firearms. with computer control, a localized EMP burst could disable it altogether. I'll stay with the trigger/cartridge system for now
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

PostSubject: Re: One million rounds per minute!   One million rounds per minute! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 6:40 pm

LukeTHr wrote:
For battle situations, simplicity is still the best option for firearms.

AK-47ish..
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

PostSubject: Re: One million rounds per minute!   One million rounds per minute! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 6:45 pm

always remember K.I.S.S. Keep it simple, stupid
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: One million rounds per minute!   One million rounds per minute! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 8:09 pm

Metal storm, if applied in more of a fan pattern and made to pivot as it fires, could completely carpet a large piece of ground making it best for a situation like when the VC tried to overwhelm jungle bases by rushing with thousands of men on foot. The siege of the Alamo or the battle at the Little Big Horn, or many Civil War battles could have ended in 2 seconds had such a thing been available.

Puff The Magic Dragon using miniguns with tracers at night was a terrifying weapon like being in a rainstorm of fire. It also gave US troops a feeling of security to see it in action and that is a big plus in itself. Metal Storm could be used in a similar way, but the show would be over so fast that much of the psychological effect both ways would be lost.
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

PostSubject: Re: One million rounds per minute!   One million rounds per minute! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 9:12 pm

cluster bombs would be as devastating. the thing I really like is the smart grenade that uses lasers to measure the distance to a building , shoot thru a window, then will detonate 3-4 feet inside the walls taking out the occupants,
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: One million rounds per minute!   One million rounds per minute! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 2:08 am

Cluster bombs are good too. But just because you own a fine 1911 model .45 doesn't mean you couldn't use a .44 mag too. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
deputy212
deputy212

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: One million rounds per minute!   One million rounds per minute! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 5:52 pm

So how much does one round cost for a million round a minute gun?
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: One million rounds per minute!   One million rounds per minute! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 6:07 pm

Way too much for me.
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812

PostSubject: Re: One million rounds per minute!   One million rounds per minute! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 6:20 pm

deputy212 wrote:
So how much does one round cost for a million round a minute gun?

You thinking about requisitioning one of those units?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One million rounds per minute!   One million rounds per minute! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One million rounds per minute!
Page 1 of 1