Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

Opinions wanted about Hays Rec sports teams programs

Go down 
+8
slickjay12
bg0308
plowboy
Ratzilla
nitromaxx98
Degeneration X
LukeTHr
luv2cook
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Opinions wanted about Hays Rec sports teams programs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions wanted about Hays Rec sports teams programs   Opinions wanted about Hays Rec sports teams programs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 7:04 pm

And when does this give you the right to pick on the children and their athletic abilities?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Opinions wanted about Hays Rec sports teams programs   Opinions wanted about Hays Rec sports teams programs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 7:04 pm

Page Dos.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Opinions wanted about Hays Rec sports teams programs   Opinions wanted about Hays Rec sports teams programs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 7:08 pm

luv2cook wrote:
bitch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Opinions wanted about Hays Rec sports teams programs   Opinions wanted about Hays Rec sports teams programs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 7:09 pm

Lets just disban the HRC. Save the taxpayer dollar.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Opinions wanted about Hays Rec sports teams programs   Opinions wanted about Hays Rec sports teams programs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 7:12 pm

mikecc wrote:
luv2cook wrote:
As I said my kid is out of that system.

Liar. When was this stated?

luv2cook wrote:
Ive said NOTHING to either the HRC or a coach EVER in the 5 years I had a kid in their system [i]which I no longer do and wont ever again
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Opinions wanted about Hays Rec sports teams programs   Opinions wanted about Hays Rec sports teams programs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 7:15 pm

I read back but didnt see it.
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Opinions wanted about Hays Rec sports teams programs   Opinions wanted about Hays Rec sports teams programs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 7:17 pm

too bad kids just can't be kids anymore and just play, now the parents turn it into a go,go, go, competitive , gotta win win win. I think it takes all the fun out of the games.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Opinions wanted about Hays Rec sports teams programs   Opinions wanted about Hays Rec sports teams programs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 7:21 pm

5 years cover tball thru high school tho, huh?

Possibly a reasonable discussion with the Coach or the HRC, while you had a stake in it, that you do not degenerate into a blame game or blame on the childrens athletic skills, or complaints about what the concession stand stocks, which has no bearing on the game what so ever.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Opinions wanted about Hays Rec sports teams programs   Opinions wanted about Hays Rec sports teams programs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 7:24 pm

LukeTHr wrote:
too bad kids just can't be kids anymore and just play, now the parents turn it into a go,go, go, competitive , gotta win win win. I think it takes all the fun out of the games.

It's not just the parents. The schools put huge emphasis on sports because it's a way for brain dead kids to get into college. Not that all athletes are stupid, some excel in school. But you know as well as I that a hell of alot of college and pro ball players should be like Jethro Bodine. 25 years old and still in the 6th grade.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Opinions wanted about Hays Rec sports teams programs   Opinions wanted about Hays Rec sports teams programs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 7:32 pm

What was the question again?
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Opinions wanted about Hays Rec sports teams programs   Opinions wanted about Hays Rec sports teams programs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 7:42 pm

Mike, I'm am trying to be tolerant. I warned you. Then you disrespect me. Consider this your second warning today. I don't give third chances in the same day.
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

Number of posts : 1170
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Opinions wanted about Hays Rec sports teams programs   Opinions wanted about Hays Rec sports teams programs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 9:14 pm

LukeTHr wrote:

Luke Im not talking about little kids altho the coach pitch/t-ball thing is kind of stupid for that age. Im referring mainly to when they get into middle & high school really.

And it should not be assumed that it was my own kid that I coached because I can assure that has never been the case.
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Opinions wanted about Hays Rec sports teams programs   Opinions wanted about Hays Rec sports teams programs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 12:02 am

I wasn't meaning to imply you were Luv2, I was just sharing an observation about sports in general. I think society has gotten too concerned about winning and people have lost the fun of playing the game.
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

Number of posts : 1170
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Opinions wanted about Hays Rec sports teams programs   Opinions wanted about Hays Rec sports teams programs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 12:09 am

Oh I see. Smile Well there is certainly alot of that as well. Ive seen plenty of parents come unglued at ballgames.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Opinions wanted about Hays Rec sports teams programs   Opinions wanted about Hays Rec sports teams programs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 11:01 am

mikecc wrote:
What was the question again?

Someone asked what color panties do you like to wear on your head. Does current style indicate hash mark in front or back?

Yeah I know justoo, we're supposed to be nice, but I don't want to confuse mike by doing that. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Opinions wanted about Hays Rec sports teams programs   Opinions wanted about Hays Rec sports teams programs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 11:30 am

Depends on the hash mark......brown in back.....yellow in front.....and red in the middle.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Opinions wanted about Hays Rec sports teams programs   Opinions wanted about Hays Rec sports teams programs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 11:47 am

Technically I think the hash only refers to one of those. We'll have to ask some French fashion experts. Well maybe not, those guys probably chew on them.
Back to top Go down
registered

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Opinions wanted about Hays Rec sports teams programs   Opinions wanted about Hays Rec sports teams programs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 12:04 pm

I think the tee thing in particular is a good part of this program. If you have ever looked at some of the children that play in this league they are barely big enough to swing a bat, much less swing it fast enough to hit a ball. At this age, they should be learning about the game and improving their skills.

Now, if they were in the machine pitch league and were allowed to hit off a tee, I agree that it would be a problem. As they get older and should be more adept at the game then they should be followng basic baseball rules. As they get older, though, they actually start with one strike and one ball, holding them to more stringent standards then regular baseball rules.
Even at this age I hear parents yelling at the kids and being as competitive as you would in older leagues. This is not any more acceptable than making concessions for kids who are not as good as others.

Somehow a balance has to be found between allowing the kids to learn and actually playing baseball. Since the rules for each league are different and move closer to basball rules as kids move up, I think the HRC is trying to find a balance. I commend them for that. These kids are learning to play, and to be honest, I think the parent who wants a 7 year old to play baseball like a 14 year old is doing as much of an injustice to the kids and the system as the parent who wants their child to pitch when they can't get the ball across the plate.

I have a high school student who excels at sports, and a younger son who will probably never be very good at any sport. So, I see this from both sides, and from what I have seen, as they get older the warm fuzzies become less important and more emphasis is placed on playing and winning.

I don't think it is a bad system. I didn't want to reopen a stagnant thread, but for some reason needed to post on this one.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Opinions wanted about Hays Rec sports teams programs   Opinions wanted about Hays Rec sports teams programs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 1:19 pm

The original complaint on this thread was about a kid getting three strikes and then being allowed to try again off a tee. I agree that is wrong. If the kids aren't old enough to be playing a standard game the tee is fine. But it's wrong for kids who can hit to have to risk losing a game to kids who can only hit off a tee.

Maybe instead of basing the tee rules off of a certain age there should be tryouts and form teams according to skill levels. That's how it works in the big leagues so it should be based on abilities from day one. If a kid is still only able to hit off a tee at 7 or 8 then he or she should play with the same skill levels.

There was no such thing as tee ball or machine pitch when I was a kid. I remember I always hit well during practice because I knew our pitchers. But different teams pitchers took time for me to learn and I struck out plenty of times. That was not the other teams fault and I understood that.

As far as parents go, some of them are real jerks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opinions wanted about Hays Rec sports teams programs   Opinions wanted about Hays Rec sports teams programs - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Opinions wanted about Hays Rec sports teams programs
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2