Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

A teenage girl is strip-searched and gets snickered at by old men

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rog
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2008-03-27

A teenage girl is strip-searched and gets snickered at by old men Empty
PostSubject: A teenage girl is strip-searched and gets snickered at by old men   A teenage girl is strip-searched and gets snickered at by old men Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 12:24 pm

"I was embarrassed and scared, but felt I would be in more trouble if I did not do what they asked. I held my head down so that they could not see that I was about to cry."

http://www.alternet.org/rights/139887/%27the_most_humiliating_experience_i_have_ever_had%27_--_why_is_the_supreme_court_so_callous_about_privacy/

Shocked
Back to top Go down
Bighead
All Star
All Star
Bighead

Number of posts : 1539
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: A teenage girl is strip-searched and gets snickered at by old men   A teenage girl is strip-searched and gets snickered at by old men Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 1:51 pm

Say what you want about the ACLU, but they're usually on the right side of cases like this.

And it's funny to me how SCOTUS justices appointed by the self-described Party of Freedom and Limited Gov't apparently have absolute trust in any given government-employed "authority"... except of course in those cases where corporate or political interests are involved.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: A teenage girl is strip-searched and gets snickered at by old men   A teenage girl is strip-searched and gets snickered at by old men Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 3:10 pm

I can see some of both sides. It does seem odd to be so humiliated if there was no cavity search since numerous students and coaches may see her fully nude in the shower after gym or sporting events. But a strip search for ibuprofen? That's rediculous. I don't see a strip search in a school as warranted unless there's a threat such as a concealed weapon. And even then I think a parent should be there first.
Back to top Go down
Owlg8tr
Rookie
Rookie
Owlg8tr

Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: A teenage girl is strip-searched and gets snickered at by old men   A teenage girl is strip-searched and gets snickered at by old men Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 12:12 am

Is that like people making fun of the fat kid when he falls on the ice?
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigalstoons.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A teenage girl is strip-searched and gets snickered at by old men   A teenage girl is strip-searched and gets snickered at by old men Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A teenage girl is strip-searched and gets snickered at by old men
Page 1 of 1