Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

Ellis girl attacked by pitbull

Go down 
+3
Ratzilla
lyric
LukeTHr
7 posters
AuthorMessage
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Ellis girl attacked by pitbull Empty
PostSubject: Ellis girl attacked by pitbull   Ellis girl attacked by pitbull Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 11:01 pm

Just heard news about a local girl was walking with her mom today when a loose (problem) pitbull came running to attack her little dog and in the process of protecting it, she was bitten multiple times on her face neck, body and limbs before the dog could be restrained. Had to have plastic surgery on her nose because of the incident. Why the city of Ellis EVER elimnated the vicious dog ordinance I will never understand.... it was only a matter of time before something like this happened.
Back to top Go down
lyric

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Ellis girl attacked by pitbull   Ellis girl attacked by pitbull Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 11:32 pm

Does Ellis have a leash law? Whether or not, the owners should be held responsible. Every dog should be on a leash. Our dog is a small dog but I would never take her out and let her run loose because she isn't a very social dog. Common sense is something that is sorely lacking in todays population.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Ellis girl attacked by pitbull   Ellis girl attacked by pitbull Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 3:31 am

Ellis has a leash law for dogs, but not cats. Ya know that no leash law for cats isn't specific either. Too bad it wasn't someone walking their pet tiger. Problem doggie attacking would only mean they wouldn't need to feed kitty when they got home.

Hell even a big bobcat would be more than most dogs could handle. Heard of a guy by Kirwin back in the 70's who lost 5 dogs all at once to a big male bobcat when they cornered it. It ripped all their bellies wide open.

But back to reality.... The gal I was seeing a couple summers back said a lab and what looked like a pitbull tore apart her rabbit hutch and killed her rabbit while her kid watched helpless. Pitbulls often get an undeserved bad rep, but I tend to hear them mentioned alot as being the cause of trouble. This one was caught by police shortly after the attack. Odds are it won't be a future problem.
Back to top Go down
lyric

PostSubject: Re: Ellis girl attacked by pitbull   Ellis girl attacked by pitbull Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 9:28 am

I agree that pitbulls get a bad rap. I was always fearful of them till I met some dogs that have very responsible owners one of them being my niece in Las Vegas who saw someone throw something out of a moving vechile on Boulder Highway. She picked up the pitbull puppy and named him Boulder. They have had him for 11 years and he grew up with kids and I have to admit is a much friendlier dog then mine. Cats are another story. They are okay as long as they belong to someone else and they are kept out of my yard. Someone in the area has a cat that is forever using my front yard flowerbed as a litter box. I've tried setting traps but it is too smart for that.

Back to the subject. I hope this dear little girl has the strength and the love of famly to get through this incident. I can't imagine how tramatized she must be. I know some of you don't believe in God but I for one will be saying prayers for her as I have seen the power of prayer.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Ellis girl attacked by pitbull   Ellis girl attacked by pitbull Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 9:41 am

From my understanding she, the girl, was about 18. As far as cats and flowerboxes go, I had a neighbor who always got mad at my cats using her flowerbeds, but she didn't seem to think her dogs dumping on my sidewalk or all over my lawn was the same.

A peculiar trait I've encountered often is the attitude by dog owners that their dog is more valuable than my cats. At least there might be a former mouse in those cat turds. Can't say anyone's dog in my yard was ever to my advantage.
Back to top Go down
lyric

PostSubject: Re: Ellis girl attacked by pitbull   Ellis girl attacked by pitbull Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 11:18 am

I haven't heard anyting about the attack except on 67601 so I didn't know how old the girl was. It will probably be even harder to get over. Children have a way of recovering faster than adults.

Last year a man was walking his dog as we were in the car getting ready to leave. His dog dumped on our yard and we caught up with him and I told him if he was going to walk his dog he should pick up after him. I was so mad that I don't think he quite knew what to do. Our dog is 9 years old and she has never done her duty ever on anyones lawn because we never let her stop to sniff. It's all in how they are trained. When we go on vacation to rest stops I have my baggies with me all the time and I always pick up after her even in the midst of all the other doo. I know I'm generalizing but so many people have no respect for other people's property.
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

PostSubject: Re: Ellis girl attacked by pitbull   Ellis girl attacked by pitbull Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 11:43 am

The young lady that was attacked is about 19 or 20. She is a sweetheart of a girl and has been around animals all her life. She has horses, dogs and I'm not sure what other pets she might have. From what I have heard from her family she is doing ok and is back at home now.
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Ellis girl attacked by pitbull   Ellis girl attacked by pitbull Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 4:38 pm

Ratzilla wrote:
The gal I was seeing a couple summers back killed her rabbit

Congrats!!
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

PostSubject: Re: Ellis girl attacked by pitbull   Ellis girl attacked by pitbull Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 10:41 pm

Brooke and her mom stopped by a little earleir for a visit. I have to say this for her after they told us exactly what happened, any girl that can fight off a pitbull like she did after got bit as much as she did, and broke her foot kicking it back won't be taking any crap from the guys she dates.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Ellis girl attacked by pitbull   Ellis girl attacked by pitbull Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 2:07 am

Glad it was at least someone who could fight back. From the sound of the attack a small kid or someone unable to fight might have been killed.
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

Number of posts : 2245

PostSubject: Re: Ellis girl attacked by pitbull   Ellis girl attacked by pitbull Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 8:38 am

I love them and pits do get a bad rap....................but my ex bro in law got his bottom lip torn off a couple weeks ago by one for no reason.he was laying on a friends couch and dog was laying below him on floor and he went to get up,dog freaked out and now he has no bottom lip.he just lost his wife(she was cheating on him),job(morgage dude),new house and now he's really not doing well with the finding a new job/woman thing because of his lip.very sad and he's young.
....................anyhoo,i always stick up for the dog yada,yada,but when it happens to someone you actually know or somthing it's different,i now um untrusting of them
Back to top Go down
jewelz
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
jewelz

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Ellis girl attacked by pitbull   Ellis girl attacked by pitbull Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 9:43 am

Life is to short to put up with unpredictable dog. I'm a dog lover, yet when children are involved and it come to a dog biting or fear of a dog biting then the dog goes. If the dog does bite, then I beleave in putting the dog down.Just my opinion. I have seen kids biten by thier own dogs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.firstpeople bears.com
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Ellis girl attacked by pitbull   Ellis girl attacked by pitbull Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 10:28 am

Certain dogs should only be used for guards in special places. I'm a big freedom type, but I wouldn't load a shotgun and leave it out where the public can get at it.
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

PostSubject: Re: Ellis girl attacked by pitbull   Ellis girl attacked by pitbull Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 10:35 am

soooooooo off topic it should be illegal..........but do they sell beer in ellis today?? What a Face
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Ellis girl attacked by pitbull   Ellis girl attacked by pitbull Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 11:59 am

Yes, from Noon to 8:00 PM on Sunday, today included. Sales are only prohibited on Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

PostSubject: Re: Ellis girl attacked by pitbull   Ellis girl attacked by pitbull Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 12:52 pm

I went by the neighborhood where the dog lived and across the street is a family with a 6-8 month old and 2 yr old. It's really good nothing ever heppened to them.

heres a new tune for them dere hace folks.... sung to the tune "In heaven there is no beer"

In Ellis on Sundays we sell beer
dats why we drink it here
In Hace, Sunday means no beer
dats why they all drive over here

la lala la, la lala drunken bounce lol!
Back to top Go down
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Ellis girl attacked by pitbull   Ellis girl attacked by pitbull Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 3:05 pm

All it takes is a little planning and buy on Saturday. I been doing it for a long time. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

PostSubject: Re: Ellis girl attacked by pitbull   Ellis girl attacked by pitbull Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 3:35 pm

Blackie Kuhn wrote:
All it takes is a little planning and buy on Saturday. I been doing it for a long time. Very Happy

only problem with that is for 32 years for me you could buy it all day everyday except from 2am-6am.........been here 5 years and still ain't rememberin' the rules Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Ellis girl attacked by pitbull   Ellis girl attacked by pitbull Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 1:46 am

One other rule of no Sunday sales was to stash a few on Saturday because if moocher pals knew you had beer Saturday night it would be gone. I and a friend used to each hold back at least a six pack apiece for Sunday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ellis girl attacked by pitbull   Ellis girl attacked by pitbull Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ellis girl attacked by pitbull
Page 1 of 1