Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

How Would You Fix the Economy?

Go down 
+4
jessks75
slickjay12
wilkykav2
Samwitty
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Samwitty
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Samwitty

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2008-03-26

How Would You Fix the Economy? Empty
PostSubject: How Would You Fix the Economy?   How Would You Fix the Economy? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 3:27 pm

This was an article from the St. Petersburg Times newspaper on Sunday. The Business Section asked readers for their ideas on "How Would You Fix the Economy?" I think this reader nailed it!

Dear Mr. President,

Patriotic Retirement: There is about 40 million people over 50 in the work force. Pay them $1 million dollars apeice Severance Pay with these stipulations

1) They leave their jobs. Forty million job openings - Unemployment fixed.

2) They buy NEW American cars. Forty million cars ordered - Auto Industry fixed.

3) They either buy a house or pay off their mortgage - Housing Crisis fixed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.biteme.com
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

Number of posts : 2245

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Fix the Economy?   How Would You Fix the Economy? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 3:41 pm

Tax marijuana-done-problem solved,wouldn't it be nice if it were that easy What a Face

How Would You Fix the Economy? Weed
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

Number of posts : 2299

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Fix the Economy?   How Would You Fix the Economy? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 5:27 pm

wilkykav2 wrote:
Tax marijuana-done-problem solved,wouldn't it be nice if it were that easy What a Face

How Would You Fix the Economy? Weed

Wilky speaks for me too. But I would be afraid they govmint' would weaken the THC levels too much
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Fix the Economy?   How Would You Fix the Economy? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 7:15 pm

How Would You Fix the Economy? Squirrelstoned
Back to top Go down
jessks75
All Star
All Star
jessks75

Number of posts : 2007
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Fix the Economy?   How Would You Fix the Economy? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 9:11 pm

I would bring JOBS back to the states.........stop all over seas jobs. Give those jobs back to us Americans!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jessks75
Bighead
All Star
All Star
Bighead

Number of posts : 1539
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Fix the Economy?   How Would You Fix the Economy? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 10:20 pm

I'd have a bake sale.
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

Number of posts : 3438
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Fix the Economy?   How Would You Fix the Economy? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 10:24 pm

I can make some "special" brownies.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=790394051
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Fix the Economy?   How Would You Fix the Economy? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 1:09 am

I would stop alot of the deductions allowed on taxes that the wealthy use to avoid them and only allow special tax breaks for the wealthy that are earned by doing things along the lines of wage increases, bonuses, profit sharing, insurance, etc., for their low level employees. The wealthy then get their tax breaks and the businesses see more sales due to higher wages. There's less tax money going to pay health costs, housing, and so on because now more employees would be insured and could afford more.

The only problem is convincing multi-millionaires that happy employees are good employees and that it really is ok for a millioniare to do more for society than provide shit wage jobs that pay just good enough to live paycheck to paycheck on. The yacht does not have to be a 90 footer, 80 will do. The mansion can be a modest 5 million dollar one.

I used to listen to a guy on radio that said he was born to a big money family and left all the wealth behind to be his own man because he got sick of listening to his father and his rich friends talk about new ways to screw their employees and everyone else out of money.

When Michael Eisner ran The Disney Company he made about $80,000 an hour. Yes an hour. But yet he dropped the wages of all the carpenters working at Disney World to $7.00 an hour stating that $7.00 an hour was enough for a common laborer. That's where American capitolism has turned into a monstrosity that's sucking the life out of us.

Think about it, it's not so mean to the rich man. My way they could still avoid paying alot of taxes, but for a change their employees would benefit from it too.

Oh, and another thing. Require all illegal immigrants caught to either serve at least 1 term "honorably" in the US military for room and board and maybe $5 a day spending money (1 pack of smokes or some cheap beer) where they will be taught english, or they go to special detention camps and work on chain gangs for the same amount of time. Either illegals would stay home, or we'd get lots of cheap work out of them that would benefit everyone.
Back to top Go down
BigBadBeast
Rookie
Rookie
BigBadBeast

Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Fix the Economy?   How Would You Fix the Economy? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 2:42 am

1. Flat tax, period.

2. Let businesses who orchestrate bad deals drown in their own shit. If they fail, we fail? I don't know what you have been watching but they are fucking broken and we still seem to be doing well enough to afford the internet. Besides, there are many other grubby lil' sonsabitches just waiting to gobble up their leavings.

3. Civil service required! Go to the military or join the peace corps. Learn to do something other than travel the globe with mommy and daddy's credit card vomitting your spring break cookies all over someone elses culture. It's fucking shameful.

4. Lock the borders down. Keep the flow of illegal aliens, foreign real estate investors, and foreign businesses to a minimum. Before globalization if we wanted something bigger, better, faster we had to fucking figure it out. Now we are using a sense of cultural entitlement and slothfulness to get fat off the backs of the smartest, fastest and most resourceful people in the world and it sure as hell isn't us. (If that last sentence seems "unpatriotic" or "unamerican" to you, you're the fat, lazy bastard it's directed toward.)

5. Mandate that everyone get real and pull their heads out of their asses if they think we have a "fast food" quick fix to any of this. It's rough and overcomplicated out there. I know we were on the last boss till we finished the game but at this point the best damned thing we could hope to do is hit the reset button and start over at level one again.
Back to top Go down
BigBadBeast
Rookie
Rookie
BigBadBeast

Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Fix the Economy?   How Would You Fix the Economy? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 2:45 am

Oh yeah, and legalize the ganja! and tax the hell out of it. I'll gladly be the first in line once it's legal.
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Fix the Economy?   How Would You Fix the Economy? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 4:20 pm

Pot-related questions deluge White House!!!!

When the White House put out a call for town hall questions, it might not have been expecting this.

The more than 92,000 people who responded either have Cheech and Chong senses of humor or there is a deep concern in America — undetected by the media — about the decriminalization of marijuana, its possible use for medicinal purposes and its potential as a new source of tax revenue.

LINK!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Fix the Economy?   How Would You Fix the Economy? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How Would You Fix the Economy?
Page 1 of 1