Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

My plan to save the U.S. economy

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rog
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2008-03-27

My plan to save the U.S. economy Empty
PostSubject: My plan to save the U.S. economy   My plan to save the U.S. economy Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 12:18 pm

The country needs to be divided into sections of 1000 in population, give or take a couple of hundred. Any section which has more than a 5% unemployment rate gets a full subsidy to build a factory on the cheap. The county or somebody needs to donate a building.

The utility companies subsidize these factories with free utilities.

The factories produce stuff which is now being made in China. They have phone banks with customer service people for your insurance company who speak decent English. They take back all the business we have given away while consumed with our own excesses of war and religiosity and anti-abortion, anti-gay, anti anything but Ward and June Cleaver, and give the jobs to us.

The employees get between $13 and $26 per hour with a cut of any profits.

The company pays for health insurance, by forming a pool of other factory types and underwriting their own insurance, thereby cutting out the 50% waste for insurance company profit.

The toys don't have any lead in them. The toothpaste isn't poisoned. The plastic junk makes some kind of sense and doesn't break within a week. This stuff doesn't have to be cadillac. It just has to be decent and made here.

There will be a higher cost of production here in some ways than in China. The free gas, electricity, and telecommunication needs will be subsidized here the same as it is there. We level the playing field. The building will be a no cost like it is over there. We will save on shipping costs, sell more because people understand enough now that they will buy something just because it is made here, and the stuff will be of generally better quality. It won't be slaved over by children.

EP will call this communism. I call it survival. If we keep going at the rate we are going and keep doing the same thing we have been doing, China will over run us within 20 years and we will be their slaves.

So bury your head, EP. Don't feed your dog too fat.

Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902

PostSubject: Re: My plan to save the U.S. economy   My plan to save the U.S. economy Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 4:29 am

It wasn't until capitolism was introduced to China that they became a threat to our financial welfare. Lots of little guys on the bottom making lots of profit for the few guys on top. Our goal to Americanize the globe has backfired in more ways than one. We should have been happy with being the Ward and June Cleaver nation being and having the best of everything instead of letting corporate giants make foreign policy.

I'm not suggesting going back to 1950's thinking entirely, but we were way better off as a nation when one wage earner per household sufficed, women were more often at least 18 and married before pregnancy making abortion a less important issue, and we didn't have millionaire gays and minorities on TV complaining about how the average guy on the street is oppressing them.

Rog, to have a nation that takes pride in itself and properly sustains itself, we first need citizens who understand what personal responsibility and self respect means. No, we don't have to be on the church choir and persecute those who are different, but I see an awful lot of "me me me" in society today. Kids think they should be handed everything without having to work for it and the so called good kids are wilder than alot of the wild kids were 30 or 40 years ago. I see it in my co-workers. Each generation has become less work oriented and much more play oriented. Most old farts show up early and keep at it all day while the young guys tend to show up late, screw around, and sneak off to the bathroom to post messages via cell phone on facebook.

What China has above us isn't communism. Kids respect their parents and do their share or else. We can't begin to produce like China has been without some return to old standards and work ethics.
Back to top Go down
Rog
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: My plan to save the U.S. economy   My plan to save the U.S. economy Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 3:17 pm

It is true that our kids are spoiled. They are also going to be in for a huge change in their preferred lifestyles when our collective credit cards reach their limits. I'd like to find a way to make the landing as manageable as possible.

Things seemed to be easier in the 50's because we had a huge technological jump on the rest of the world at the time and it is highly profitable plus cheap and easy to sell information. The 90's were good for Clinton for the same reason.

The most sustainable element of an economy though, it seems, is the ability to produce most of the stuff we need inside our own borders. Were always going to need the stuff. Not everybody is college material. They need jobs or we will end up supporting them via SRS.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: My plan to save the U.S. economy   My plan to save the U.S. economy Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 5:46 pm

I agree with that. The trick is instilling old fashioned work ethic back into the public. The guy making a million is easy to persuade to work hard, but getting the guy who barely gets by on capped wages is another story. And getting spoiled youth to be responsible when we can't take a strap to them isn't as easy as it once was either.
Back to top Go down
Rog
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: My plan to save the U.S. economy   My plan to save the U.S. economy Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 5:53 pm

I don't know that guys making a million really work that hard. Seems like they spend a lot of time at cocktail parties, playing golf and getting massages.

Life may not be fair, but we the serfs don't have to take it lying down.

I have yet to see a dime's worth of evidence of all the money they borrowed from us and our children to "stimulate the economy". One tenth of the amount congress spent on bank executive bonuses could fund the start up cash needed to make the above proposal reality.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: My plan to save the U.S. economy   My plan to save the U.S. economy Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 8:48 pm

Alot, not all, but alot of the millionaires worked to get there. My boss started from the ground up by going thousands into debt to finance an idea and he and his family did all the production and sales themselves for the first year or two. Now he's stinkin rich and just watches money roll in but he didn't inherit his fortune.

As far as the bailout corporations go, we got hosed without lube. It's one reason I think America deserves to fall. After both democrat and republican screwed us over, most of the nation were still suckered in by their election promises.

I'm still hearing mainstream party voters saying "But we voted in new guys who are different from the rest". Yeah right. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
robert
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
robert

Number of posts : 899
Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: My plan to save the U.S. economy   My plan to save the U.S. economy Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 10:30 pm

i admire you ratzilla for two reasons... the first being the fact that you are an intelligent human. the second... you can still humor fawktards with conversation....
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: My plan to save the U.S. economy   My plan to save the U.S. economy Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 11:26 pm

Give $100,000 to 33% of taxpayers that file and receive a refund. Do it once every three years.

Printing money without backing anyway.

Collect taxes on un-secured money.

Economy stimulated...
Back to top Go down
robert
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
robert

PostSubject: Re: My plan to save the U.S. economy   My plan to save the U.S. economy Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 1:21 am

Rog wrote:
The country needs to be divided into sections of 1000 in population, give or take a couple of hundred. Any section which has more than a 5% unemployment rate gets a full subsidy to build a factory on the cheap. The county or somebody needs to donate a building.

The utility companies subsidize these factories with free utilities.

The factories produce stuff which is now being made in China. They have phone banks with customer service people for your insurance company who speak decent English. They take back all the business we have given away while consumed with our own excesses of war and religiosity and anti-abortion, anti-gay, anti anything but Ward and June Cleaver, and give the jobs to us.

The employees get between $13 and $26 per hour with a cut of any profits.

The company pays for health insurance, by forming a pool of other factory types and underwriting their own insurance, thereby cutting out the 50% waste for insurance company profit.

The toys don't have any lead in them. The toothpaste isn't poisoned. The plastic junk makes some kind of sense and doesn't break within a week. This stuff doesn't have to be cadillac. It just has to be decent and made here.

There will be a higher cost of production here in some ways than in China. The free gas, electricity, and telecommunication needs will be subsidized here the same as it is there. We level the playing field. The building will be a no cost like it is over there. We will save on shipping costs, sell more because people understand enough now that they will buy something just because it is made here, and the stuff will be of generally better quality. It won't be slaved over by children.

EP will call this communism. I call it survival. If we keep going at the rate we are going and keep doing the same thing we have been doing, China will over run us within 20 years and we will be their slaves.

So bury your head, EP. Don't feed your dog too fat.

we've tried this already. its called a town, city, community. see also "epic failure". and if you'd like, id love to tell you why....
Back to top Go down
Rog
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: My plan to save the U.S. economy   My plan to save the U.S. economy Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 11:25 am

go ahead and tell me
Back to top Go down
robert
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
robert

PostSubject: Re: My plan to save the U.S. economy   My plan to save the U.S. economy Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 1:46 am

"its called a town, city, community. see also "epic failure"" you already know why community doesn't work...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My plan to save the U.S. economy   My plan to save the U.S. economy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My plan to save the U.S. economy
Page 1 of 1