Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

The Economy

Go down 
+2
The Other One
nitromaxx98
6 posters
AuthorMessage
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2008-03-25

The Economy Empty
PostSubject: The Economy   The Economy Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 3:13 pm

I think we are about as "Main Street" as you get. What would you do to fix it?
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675

The Economy Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Economy   The Economy Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 4:53 pm

McCain blew it the other night. The economy has overtaken Iraq as the key issue in this election. In my opinion, he needed to force Obama's hand by announcing his four key cabinet selections during the debate. This would force the media to press Obama for his selections prior to the election, thereby giving the electorate a real glimpse of what an Obama administration would look like. Here are my picks:

1. Attorney General - Rudy Giuliani. His record of going after the Mafia as a prosecutor in New York would be a clean signal to those involved in creating this mess that they will be ferreted out and sent to prison.

2. Secretary of the Treasury - Mitt Romney. This guy has forgotten more about economics and running a business than McCain and Obama have ever known. He turned the Salt Lake City Olympic debacle around and wound up showing a profit. He got Massachussetts out of a fiscal crisis by working with the heavily Democratic legislature. McCain should pledge to get out of the way and let Romney run the economy.

3. Secretary of State - Joe Lieberman. Nobody has more respect in other countries. Even though he's a social liberal, he's much closer to McCain than any Democrat when it comes to foreign policy. Putting him in this position will put that to work and avoid conflicts with McCain concerning domestic policy.

4. Secretary of Defense - Gen. David Petraeus. The man who turned the Iraq war around when Bush finally started to listen to him. He needs to, and deserves to, run the entire military.
Back to top Go down
slider
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
slider

Number of posts : 1289
Registration date : 2008-06-27

The Economy Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Economy   The Economy Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 5:02 pm

Guilani, you've got to be kidding! He has more Skeletons in his friggen closet that would never let him become a Cabinet Member. Mr. I'll live for the rest of my life spouting countless sentences that contian no more than 3 words and 9/11? The biggest terrorist attack happened to his City on his watch and somehow he is a Hero? These people have been raping and pillaging Wall Street for decades and I'd bet if you looked at his Campaign Donors you would find they have all been his biggest donors.

Mitt Romney should have been McCain's VP Pick instead of the Talking Points spewing Bubble-Headed Barbie he has now. Romney has the know how to turn the Economy around and has done it twice before in the Business World and at the State Level.

McCain clearly chose the T&A Express that someone idiot in the Republican Party sold him over someone that could of actually helped get him elected and helped the feeble minded old fart get this Country's Economy actually turned the hell around.

Some Move on his part.

edited for misspellings
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

The Economy Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Economy   The Economy Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 5:29 pm

The question was, what would YOU do? Not who do you think can fix it.
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

Number of posts : 2299
Registration date : 2008-03-26

The Economy Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Economy   The Economy Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 6:06 pm

Just before the Roman empire began to collapse:

"Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

Sound familiar?
I would also like to add 3 numbers 12-21-12
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812

The Economy Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Economy   The Economy Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 6:33 pm

slickjay12 wrote:
I would also like to add 3 numbers 12-21-12

Assuming the bulk of the electoral college sees things your way, that would be near the end of the first term of office of "The Anointed One".

I am truly afraid that if he is elected we WILL be very near the end. Very near indeed.

If I could turn the hands of time and avert a major disaster, it would be the next one.
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

The Economy Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Economy   The Economy Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 11:06 pm

A interesting snippet of a speech before the BAILOUT VOTE in the House

Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

The Economy Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Economy   The Economy Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 11:33 pm

Nevermind. Admin, can you please delete this topic? It is a lost cause.
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

The Economy Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Economy   The Economy Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 11:42 pm

well it is obvious that the trickle down theory does not work. So I say give about 5 grand to each WORKING persons in America and see what happens
Back to top Go down
Roadstar
Rookie
Rookie
Roadstar

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2008-03-31

The Economy Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Economy   The Economy Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 12:11 am

I would put a stop to things like this .
from a july news report

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/080718/business/freddie_mac_executive_pay_1

Freddie Mac chairman and chief executive Richard Syron pocketed nearly US$19.8 million in compensation last year, according to a U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission filing Friday, even though the mortgage company's stock lost half its value in 2007.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675

The Economy Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Economy   The Economy Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 12:53 am

slickjay12 wrote:
well it is obvious that the trickle down theory does not work. So I say give about 5 grand to each WORKING persons in America and see what happens

Define "working person."
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

The Economy Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Economy   The Economy Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 3:12 am

The Other One wrote:
slickjay12 wrote:

Define "working person."

Poor choice of words on my part. Should have said anybody receiving money through any means over the age of 18
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812

The Economy Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Economy   The Economy Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 6:07 am

I would still slip in the phrase "legal means" .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Economy Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Economy   The Economy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Economy
Page 1 of 1