Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

New to Hays, Looking for rental

Go down 
+15
lisav
LukeTHr
Degeneration X
luv2cook
nitromaxx98
slider
supermom75
chiefsfan
suzyj
wilkykav2
Ratzilla
The Other One
edzeppelin
slickjay12
BigBadBeast
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

Number of posts : 1170
Registration date : 2008-04-01

New to Hays, Looking for rental - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to Hays, Looking for rental   New to Hays, Looking for rental - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 11:37 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
BigBadBeast
Rookie
Rookie
BigBadBeast

Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: New to Hays, Looking for rental   New to Hays, Looking for rental - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 12:10 am

So what you're saying is that for a person already allergic to their own skin, I'm fucked.
Back to top Go down
nobodysbusiness
Admin
Admin
nobodysbusiness

Number of posts : 2062
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: New to Hays, Looking for rental   New to Hays, Looking for rental - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 12:11 am

LOL you will so fit in here. FYI I sent you a PM - not sure you saw it or not.
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Number of posts : 3515

PostSubject: Re: New to Hays, Looking for rental   New to Hays, Looking for rental - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 12:22 am

nobodysbusiness wrote:
FYI I sent you a PM

Prime Minister?
Back to top Go down
nobodysbusiness
Admin
Admin
nobodysbusiness

Number of posts : 2062

PostSubject: Re: New to Hays, Looking for rental   New to Hays, Looking for rental - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 12:22 am

wow your full of it tonight arent ya?
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Number of posts : 3515

PostSubject: Re: New to Hays, Looking for rental   New to Hays, Looking for rental - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 12:27 am

nobodysbusiness wrote:
wow your full of IT tonight arent ya?

Information Technology?
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: New to Hays, Looking for rental   New to Hays, Looking for rental - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 12:47 am

nitromaxx98 wrote:
nobodysbusiness wrote:

Information Technology?

Or Immense Turds. Smile
Back to top Go down
BigBadBeast
Rookie
Rookie
BigBadBeast

PostSubject: Re: New to Hays, Looking for rental   New to Hays, Looking for rental - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 1:50 am

Ratzilla wrote:
nitromaxx98 wrote:
nobodysbusiness wrote:

Information Technology?

Or Immense Turds. Smile

Irritable Testicles?
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675

PostSubject: Re: New to Hays, Looking for rental   New to Hays, Looking for rental - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 2:40 am

BigBadBeast wrote:
Ratzilla wrote:
nitromaxx98 wrote:
nobodysbusiness wrote:

Information Technology?

Or Immense Turds. Smile

Irritable Testicles?

Ingrown Toenails
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812

PostSubject: Re: New to Hays, Looking for rental   New to Hays, Looking for rental - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 7:11 am

Ratz, you are in Ellis. In Hays we have a municipal water softening plant. Not a cure, but it helps alot.
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

Number of posts : 2245
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: New to Hays, Looking for rental   New to Hays, Looking for rental - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 8:51 am

BigBadBeast wrote:
Ratzilla wrote:
BigBadBeast wrote:
Yeah, I'm not really too concerned with exactly where, just want to keep my daughter away from the red dots...

Hays Offenders

How bout the ones who are not red dots on a map as in never been caught yet? Not to mention all those hormonally charged teenage boys looking for anything they can get their hands on.

I am 6'6" 275lbs. and was in the Marine Corps. I feel sorry for anyone that tries to put hands on my daughter.

As far as the sales tax rate goes here. It isn't so bad. True in Ohio I was only paying 6.5% but in my hometown of Fayetteville, Arkansas we were paying 9.0% when I last lived there over three years ago. It does suck that it causes closings but that is the consumers fault. Stop shopping on the internet because you are definitely boosting corporate funds that way, they don't even have to have a store overhead. Stop shopping at giant stores and shop at small chains(like mine!) and privately owned businesses.

In on-topic banter. I have secured a place in which to reside! Thanks again for all of your help and insight.

What kind of store do you have??
Nevermind,I just read your incognito!!! New to Hays, Looking for rental - Page 2 397852
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: New to Hays, Looking for rental   New to Hays, Looking for rental - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 9:14 am

wilkykav2 wrote:
Nevermind,I just read your in cognito!!! New to Hays, Looking for rental - Page 2 397852

Silly girl. He is in Hays. Cognito is south of El Segundo. Ummm. I think.
Back to top Go down
supermom75
Rookie
Rookie
supermom75

Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: New to Hays, Looking for rental   New to Hays, Looking for rental - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 10:15 am

BigBadBeast wrote:
That 20% just means there are less mines to find. One in five steps can be made with more confidence and that is a bonus I can appreciate.

I would also put that figure more to one in three these days. With the increase of technology and individual intrusion (what people can find out about other people), I would think that more people are either caught or deterred from such behavior.

I do agree that it is (wholly) a false sense of security but it does help give at least some peace of mind.

On another note, the water is my concern. I never minded the humidity. I cannot stand hard water. The hotel seems okay but I would assume they have a softener. How is the water here? When you pour a glass from the tap is it clear? is there chemical build up on faucets? for those of you familiar with what hard water actually is, I would appreciate your input (although I will find out tomorrow).

PLEASE don't get Rat started on the water in Ellis!!! New to Hays, Looking for rental - Page 2 733732
Back to top Go down
slider
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
slider

Number of posts : 1289
Registration date : 2008-06-27

PostSubject: Re: New to Hays, Looking for rental   New to Hays, Looking for rental - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 11:41 am

Ellis water used to be really bad, but I have heard they have made some improvements to it and it has gotten better. When my great uncle was still alive, it was hard to even look through it in a glass it was so gritty.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: New to Hays, Looking for rental   New to Hays, Looking for rental - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 6:34 pm

supermom75 wrote:
PLEASE don't get Rat started on the water in Ellis!!! New to Hays, Looking for rental - Page 2 733732

You mean the part about how the new underground storage tanks and one well are right by the cemetary? Mmmm nummy num num. Tastes like chicken. What a Face
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

Number of posts : 3438

PostSubject: Re: New to Hays, Looking for rental   New to Hays, Looking for rental - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 6:39 pm

That's just wrong. pale
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=790394051
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: New to Hays, Looking for rental   New to Hays, Looking for rental - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 6:42 pm

The water running under Hays goes right under Mount Allen cemetary. Studies in Britain showed that seepage from older graves has contaminated water there. That good old formaldehyde tang. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
fescue
Rookie
Rookie
fescue

Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: New to Hays, Looking for rental   New to Hays, Looking for rental - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 9:11 pm

Ratzilla wrote:
The water running under Hays goes right under Mount Allen cemetary. Studies in Britain showed that seepage from older graves has contaminated water there. That good old formaldehyde tang. Very Happy
The water in Hays is under the whole city,but there are no wells anywhere near there that are used except under emergency conditions.
Back to top Go down
BigBadBeast
Rookie
Rookie
BigBadBeast

PostSubject: Re: New to Hays, Looking for rental   New to Hays, Looking for rental - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 9:22 pm

fescue wrote:
Ratzilla wrote:
The water in Hays is under the whole city,but there are no wells anywhere near there that are used except under emergency conditions.

Only drink of the dead when everything else is already shitty. Kind of like saying only shoot yourself when you have already burned to death.

I would water my lawn with the dead folks, I wouldn't mind that so much. Karma may even give us a prize for recycling.

Also, I'm pretty sure something has died nearly everywhere you could get water from at this point. I would now like to implant the image of a buffalo anus into your mind that will trigger upon your next sip of water.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: New to Hays, Looking for rental   New to Hays, Looking for rental - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 9:41 pm

There was a big fuss years ago about carbon tetrachloride in the water under the city from the old dry cleaners, and those water tables stretch under numerous towns with numerous cemetaries. If it's any consolation the depth of the water, and the drier soil conditions around here usually means not much will get into the water from most grave sites. And if it does it'll likely be pretty minute amounts. Gasoline due to the depth of buried tanks and the long term of the leaks has been a far bigger issue for most towns including here.

Triple B you are quite correct that the ground and the sands of the aquifers are packed full of the remains of dead animals. But mostly fossilized and not preserved with formaldehyde. It's like I've said many times, all dirt is made of shit, dead things, and ground up rock which our water filters through. Man has just added some unpleasant chemicals to the mix.
Back to top Go down
Degeneration X
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
Degeneration X

Number of posts : 1337

PostSubject: Re: New to Hays, Looking for rental   New to Hays, Looking for rental - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 10:00 pm

With all the preggers women running around Hays it makes you wonder if the water isn't causing it.
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: New to Hays, Looking for rental   New to Hays, Looking for rental - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 10:07 pm

It's the beer.
Back to top Go down
BigBadBeast
Rookie
Rookie
BigBadBeast

PostSubject: Re: New to Hays, Looking for rental   New to Hays, Looking for rental - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 11:04 pm

So the drunken dead are impregnating the women of Hays?
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: New to Hays, Looking for rental   New to Hays, Looking for rental - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 4:54 am

BigBadBeast wrote:
So the drunken dead are impregnating the women of Hays?

Just the dead drunk.
Back to top Go down
jessks75
All Star
All Star
jessks75

Number of posts : 2007

PostSubject: Re: New to Hays, Looking for rental   New to Hays, Looking for rental - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 9:08 am

slider wrote:
Ellis water used to be really bad, but I have heard they have made some improvements to it and it has gotten better. When my great uncle was still alive, it was hard to even look through it in a glass it was so gritty.

No No No
The water is Ellis is still BAD, REALLY bad!!!! pale pale pale pale No No No No New to Hays, Looking for rental - Page 2 733732 New to Hays, Looking for rental - Page 2 733732 New to Hays, Looking for rental - Page 2 733732 New to Hays, Looking for rental - Page 2 929670 New to Hays, Looking for rental - Page 2 929670
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jessks75
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: New to Hays, Looking for rental   New to Hays, Looking for rental - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 9:40 am

Oh come on jess, it ain't that bad. Ok, so maybe it might be a little nicer if the early founders in the cemetary had bathed more often. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jessks75
All Star
All Star
jessks75

Number of posts : 2007

PostSubject: Re: New to Hays, Looking for rental   New to Hays, Looking for rental - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 9:44 am

Im closer to the cemetary than you. My water is worse im sure Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jessks75
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

Number of posts : 3438

PostSubject: Re: New to Hays, Looking for rental   New to Hays, Looking for rental - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 10:44 am

jessks75 wrote:
Im closer to the cemetary than you. My water is worse im sure Razz

Not worse, Jess. Tastier! You've got to approach it with a positive attitude. New to Hays, Looking for rental - Page 2 673577
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=790394051
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: New to Hays, Looking for rental   New to Hays, Looking for rental - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 12:06 pm

It all goes to the same water tower to be mixed before we get it. I get just as much grandma goo as you do jess. tongue
Back to top Go down
fescue
Rookie
Rookie
fescue

Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: New to Hays, Looking for rental   New to Hays, Looking for rental - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 12:32 am

Sorry to get back to the original topic,but I noticed a nice big stone looking house on the 1400 block of Ash Street with a For Rent sign in front. I have no idea what it rents for.
Back to top Go down
BigBadBeast
Rookie
Rookie
BigBadBeast

PostSubject: Re: New to Hays, Looking for rental   New to Hays, Looking for rental - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 12:49 am

I alread got a place, thanks. I think that one was 800/mo if I am not mistaken. We were really interested but ended up in a place for 650. I still have a 900/mo mortgage until I sell my house so we got a duplex.
Back to top Go down
BigBadBeast
Rookie
Rookie
BigBadBeast

PostSubject: Re: New to Hays, Looking for rental   New to Hays, Looking for rental - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 1:11 am

Degeneration X wrote:
Hey lets scary this person out of town. Hays is a very nice community to live in. Sure we might have yards decorated with beer cans and pink flamingos but overall its an awesome place to live.

Haven't seen much of that but seriously, what is up with everyone having a limestone carving of their last name in the front yard?
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: New to Hays, Looking for rental   New to Hays, Looking for rental - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 1:27 am

BigBadBeast wrote:
Haven't seen much of that but seriously, what is up with everyone having a limestone carving of their last name in the front yard?

So they can remember which house is theirs when they come home wasted.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: New to Hays, Looking for rental   New to Hays, Looking for rental - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 1:35 am

BigBadBeast wrote:
Degeneration X wrote:
Hey lets scary this person out of town. Hays is a very nice community to live in. Sure we might have yards decorated with beer cans and pink flamingos but overall its an awesome place to live.

Status symbol or fad I guess. Used to be the thing in the country was to have welded sculptures with your name on them. In the 60's lots of screen doors had the first initial of the owners last name on them. Some homes had their initial on outside walls etc. One of my pet peeves is all the football team logos. They even do them in Christmas lights. Some of those limestone name signs also have their favorite teams logo on them. I just can't understand getting into sports to that degree. Don't need my name posted either. My friends know where I live.
Back to top Go down
BigBadBeast
Rookie
Rookie
BigBadBeast

PostSubject: Re: New to Hays, Looking for rental   New to Hays, Looking for rental - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 1:37 am

Ratzilla wrote:
BigBadBeast wrote:
Degeneration X wrote:

Status symbol or fad I guess. Used to be the thing in the country was to have welded sculptures with your name on them. In the 60's lots of screen doors had the first initial of the owners last name on them. Some homes had their initial on outside walls etc. One of my pet peeves is all the football team logos. They even do them in Christmas lights. Some of those limestone name signs also have their favorite teams logo on them. I just can't understand getting into sports to that degree. Don't need my name posted either. My friends know where I live.

Are you sure you don't live in my head somewhere?
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: New to Hays, Looking for rental   New to Hays, Looking for rental - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 1:38 am

The Other One wrote:
BigBadBeast wrote:

So they can remember which house is theirs when they come home wasted.

Now that could be true. I saw a guy get so drunk one night he didn't know his own son.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: New to Hays, Looking for rental   New to Hays, Looking for rental - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 1:39 am

BigBadBeast wrote:
Are you sure you don't live in my head somewhere?

LOL
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: New to Hays, Looking for rental   New to Hays, Looking for rental - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 1:41 am

Ratzilla wrote:

I can't believe the yard signs with the high school kids' sport and name on them. They even have them for cheerleaders. Isn't that just a beacon for sexual predators and/or peeping toms? It's like standing in the yard and yelling, "Hey pervert, my daughter's a cheerleader! See if you can find her bedroom window!"
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: New to Hays, Looking for rental   New to Hays, Looking for rental - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 3:42 am

Hadn't thought of that, but wouldn't their teachers already have an idea where they live? Smile

But seriously, I suppose those with girls and younger boys might have something to worry about. I doubt many pervs would try to window peek or sneak into a high school football players bedroom. Some of them boys are 200 pounders.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to Hays, Looking for rental   New to Hays, Looking for rental - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New to Hays, Looking for rental
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2