Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

High school football

Go down 
+10
luv2cook
Justoo
Ratzilla
BigDog
slickjay12
Degeneration X
dz724
The Other One
CountryGirl
LukeTHr
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2008-03-25

High school football - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: High school football   High school football - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 2:52 pm

luv2cook wrote:
Yes they did unfortunately and thats too bad, I really would like to see someone beat them. But then I also feel they belong up in the 6A school group.

That's all a matter of school enrollment. The 32 schools with the highest enrollment are classified as 6A. Hutch was in that group until another school passed them in number of students. They continue to be the second largest 5A school for the next two years. Might not seem fair to some, but they have to draw the line on classification somewhere.

Smith Center, on the other hand, is moving up to 3A next year. They'll have perennial powers like Conway Springs, Silver Lake, Wichita Collegiate and The Mighty TMP to deal with in the playoffs.
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

Number of posts : 1170
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: High school football   High school football - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 4:15 pm

Yeah but how can the be fair? I mean Hays High has 700 some kids and Hutch has well over 1300 I heard.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: High school football   High school football - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 5:10 pm

luv2cook wrote:
Yeah but how can the be fair? I mean Hays High has 700 some kids and Hutch has well over 1300 I heard.

The classifications for the next two years are based on the current enrollment, not including this year's seniors. Hays High has 603 students, Hutchinson has 1046. You could argue that it isn't fair, but you play with what you've got. If you put Hutchinson and Emporia into 6A, you could make the same argument that it isn't fair for them to be in with Wichita East, whose enrollment is 1774.

Would you also say that it isn't fair for Hays to play Garden City (1527 students), Dodge City (1307 students) or Wichita South (1301 students)?

Because Hays beat them all.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: High school football   High school football - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 6:17 pm

The Other One wrote:
Ratzilla wrote:
Well it finally happened. Centralia has dethroned Smith Center.

They sure did. Sounds like it was a great game.

Hutch beat the hell out of Gardner-Edgerton.

This is one time I wished I'd kept up on things more. Had I known where the Centralia-SC game was played I'd have considered going. I tend to ask where Ellis plays and sometimes Hays, but quit following after Ellis bombed out.
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: High school football   High school football - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 8:05 pm

Ratzilla wrote:
The Other One wrote:
Ratzilla wrote:
Well it finally happened. Centralia has dethroned Smith Center.

They sure did. Sounds like it was a great game.

Hutch beat the hell out of Gardner-Edgerton.

This is one time I wished I'd kept up on things more. Had I known where the Centralia-SC game was played I'd have considered going. I tend to ask where Ellis plays and sometimes Hays, but quit following after Ellis bombed out.

Not exactly sure "bombed out" is how I would describe that last game
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: High school football   High school football - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 5:51 am

Do explain.
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

Number of posts : 1170
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: High school football   High school football - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 3:07 pm

The Other One wrote:
luv2cook wrote:

The classifications for the next two years are based on the current enrollment, not including this year's seniors. Hays High has 603 students, Hutchinson has 1046. You could argue that it isn't fair, but you play with what you've got. If you put Hutchinson and Emporia into 6A, you could make the same argument that it isn't fair for them to be in with Wichita East, whose enrollment is 1774.

Would you also say that it isn't fair for Hays to play Garden City (1527 students), Dodge City (1307 students) or Wichita South (1301 students)?

Because Hays beat them all.

I had no idea Garden and Dodge had that many kids in their schools. WOW
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: High school football   High school football - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 2:20 am

luv2cook wrote:

There's a rumor going round that some of them are even U.S. citizens.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: High school football   High school football - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 4:10 am

Ratzilla wrote:
luv2cook wrote:

There's a rumor going round that some of them are even U.S. citizens.

Quit spreading those nasty rumors.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: High school football   High school football - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

High school football
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2