Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

High school football

Go down 
+10
luv2cook
Justoo
Ratzilla
BigDog
slickjay12
Degeneration X
dz724
The Other One
CountryGirl
LukeTHr
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2008-03-26

High school football Empty
PostSubject: High school football   High school football Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 2:00 pm

Ok, so we need subjects to get traffic in here. Here's one to start. From all the info I have gathered from various sources including some referees that officiated a smith center game, they said that after seeing Ellis play it is their opinion that Ellis will be the team to break Smith Centers winning streak. I think this Friday will be the day it happens and to top it off, it will happen on Smith Centers home field. So, put that in your pipe and smoke it.........
Back to top Go down
CountryGirl
Rookie
Rookie
CountryGirl

Number of posts : 238

PostSubject: Re: High school football   High school football Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 2:19 pm

it's about time...hell norton almost beat them a couple weeks ago...
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: High school football   High school football Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 4:33 pm

Has Smith Center played Plainville yet this year?
Back to top Go down
dz724
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 919
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: High school football   High school football Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 4:51 pm

Yes. They played Plainville on Sept 5th.

http://www.usd237.com/HS_FB_index.php
Back to top Go down
Degeneration X
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
Degeneration X

Number of posts : 1337

PostSubject: Re: High school football   High school football Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 5:25 pm

Phillipsburg even gave Smith Center a game. I hope Ellis can knock them off I would much rather see an MCL team do it then have it happen at State.
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

Number of posts : 2299

PostSubject: Re: High school football   High school football Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 5:29 pm

Then there is everbodies favorite homecoming opponent RUSSELL HIGH
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: High school football   High school football Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 2:34 am

slickjay12 wrote:
Then there is everbodies favorite homecoming opponent RUSSELL HIGH

Who is Russell hosting for homecoming? Fort Hays?
Back to top Go down
BigDog

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: High school football   High school football Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 9:32 am

Smith Center 40 Ellis 0. The streak continues for now.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: High school football   High school football Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 10:32 am

LukeTHr wrote:
Ok, so we need subjects to get traffic in here. Here's one to start. From all the info I have gathered from various sources including some referees that officiated a smith center game, they said that after seeing Ellis play it is their opinion that Ellis will be the team to break Smith Centers winning streak. I think this Friday will be the day it happens and to top it off, it will happen on Smith Centers home field. So, put that in your pipe and smoke it.........

BigDog wrote:
Smith Center 40 Ellis 0.

You never know what game referees are watching. You should have known that. Hope you didn't have too much money on Ellis.
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

PostSubject: Re: High school football   High school football Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 9:38 pm

I never bet on sports. matter of fact, I rarely if ever bet. But with the hometown team ya gotta support them no matter what
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902

PostSubject: Re: High school football   High school football Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 2:04 pm

I think Ellis lets SC get a psychological edge on them. They play fairly well against most other teams. It could be this time though, that they may have let everyones high expectations about this year allow them to become overconfident instead. That'd be a worse mistake.
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

PostSubject: Re: High school football   High school football Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 2:28 pm

The Other One wrote:
LukeTHr wrote:

BigDog wrote:
Smith Center 40 Ellis 0.

You never know what game referees are watching. You should have known that. Hope you didn't have too much money on Ellis.

I don't think the refs saw the same game our guys were in, there were several late hits that went unnoticed as well as some other things in the pile
Back to top Go down
CountryGirl
Rookie
Rookie
CountryGirl

Number of posts : 238

PostSubject: Re: High school football   High school football Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 1:34 am

will anybody b attending the smith ctr @ lacrosse game this friday?????????
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

PostSubject: Re: High school football   High school football Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 11:41 am

nope, the game to watch will be Ellis at Meade.
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812

PostSubject: Re: High school football   High school football Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 11:50 am

Centralia vs Pittsburg Colgan
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

PostSubject: Re: High school football   High school football Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 12:13 pm

sorry justoo, but eastern kansas has nothing on western kansas when it comes to 2-1A and 8 man football.
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

Number of posts : 1170
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: High school football   High school football Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 3:34 pm

How do you figure? Wasnt but a few years ago that Hope,an Eastern Kansas 8-Man team came up here to Russell and won the state title.

It varies from year to year.
Back to top Go down
Degeneration X
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
Degeneration X

PostSubject: Re: High school football   High school football Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 5:34 pm

I think the game of the week should be LaCrosse vs. Smith Center. This could be a true test for the Redmen this year.
Back to top Go down
alg8tr
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
alg8tr

Number of posts : 584

PostSubject: Re: High school football   High school football Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 11:40 pm

Don't forget the Victoria Knigits
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigalstoons.net
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: High school football   High school football Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 1:02 am

LukeTHr wrote:

Degeneration X wrote:
I think the game of the week should be LaCrosse vs. Smith Center. This could be a true test for the Redmen this year.

Sorry, dx, but I'll believe that when I see it.
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

PostSubject: Re: High school football   High school football Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 1:15 pm

Ellis goes to Meade friday nite to play for the sectional championship. You can hear the game on ellisradio.com with a live webfeed
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: High school football   High school football Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 12:22 pm

Smith Center 32 LaCrosse 14

Meade 20 Ellis 8

Victoria 56 Moscow 46 (The Rooshins beat the Russians?)

Victoria plays Hanover for the state title next Saturday in Newton.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: High school football   High school football Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 12:27 pm

In 5-A, Hutchinson and McPherson, both of whom are from the same district as Hays High, play each other in the semi-final on Friday in Big Mac.
Back to top Go down
fescue
Rookie
Rookie
fescue

Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: High school football   High school football Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 7:18 pm

Looks like LaCrosse got their asses handed to them. I don't think Ellis could hang with those boys from Smith Center either
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: High school football   High school football Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 7:24 pm

Smith Cemter is fast and slick, I could see why they are State Champs.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: High school football   High school football Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 8:05 pm

Ellis played below their abilities at Meade. Might have beat them on another night, but SC is another story again. It sounds as if life in the town of SC revolves around football.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: High school football   High school football Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 12:56 am

Ratzilla wrote:
It sounds as if life in the town of SC revolves around football.

Just as life in Nebraska revolves around the Cornholers.

Smith Center is close to the state line.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: High school football   High school football Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 4:27 am

The Other One wrote:
Ratzilla wrote:
It sounds as if life in the town of SC revolves around football.

Just as life in Nebraska revolves around the Cornholers.

Smith Center is close to the state line.

There's quite a few adults in KS that think life revolves around football too. When I see KC, K-State, and Cowboys logos engraved in limestone rocks with the homowners name on them or the only Christmas lights on a home is in the shape of one of those logos I think it's a bit too much. I have a niece that's a Broncos nut that thinks she has to own everything with their name on it.

Buying everything with your team logo on it and traveling hundreds of miles to sit in freezing stands at rediculous prices isn't like normal hobbies. Team worship is an obsessive mental illness in my books. Or maybe I should refer to it and the obsession with sports in general as social programming. Smith Center takes football beyond being a game. It's an obsession with them and I'm not sure it's healthy.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: High school football   High school football Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 9:11 am

A few years ago, Oz had shoulder surgery at the orthopedic center in Kearney. While in the waiting room, I was watching the local news. It just so happened that Bill Clinton was visiting Omaha that day. Pretty big happening in Nebraska, but he didn't warrant the lead story. What did? "Huskers added to ABC's national game lineup for Saturday."
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: High school football   High school football Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 8:54 pm

I've seen KWCH news lead off the newscast with a sports story many times when a serious news story took second place. Then you hear all about the sports story again during the sportscast. I'd really prefer news be news and stories about sports be told during sports.

I wish I could remember what the news story was on one occassion, but I remember myself and everyone watching were blown away that a story about a Wichita ball team was the top story and the news that took second slot was of serious national importance.
Back to top Go down
SciFi
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SciFi

Number of posts : 1242

PostSubject: Re: High school football   High school football Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 9:44 pm

The Other One wrote:
A few years ago, Oz had shoulder surgery at the orthopedic center in Kearney. "
Very much hope her surgery turned out well.
Back to top Go down
SciFi
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SciFi

Number of posts : 1242

PostSubject: Re: High school football   High school football Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 10:06 pm

Meade versus Smith Center?
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: High school football   High school football Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 5:35 am

SciFi wrote:
Meade versus Smith Center?

Smith Center 60 Meade 14
Olpe 20 Pittsburg-Colgan 0

Smith Center vs. Olpe

Saturday, Nov. 29, 12:30pm
Lewis Field Stadium at FHSU, Hays
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: High school football   High school football Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 5:42 am

Hutchinson will also be playing for their fifth straight state title.

6A - Junction City vs. Lawrence Free State
5A - Hutchinson vs. St. Thomas Aquinas
4A - Topeka Hayden vs. Perry - LeCompton
3A - Conway Springs vs. Silver Lake

8 Man I - Clifton - Clyde vs. Baileyville
8 Man II - Hanover vs. Victoria
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: High school football   High school football Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 5:01 pm

Hanover 46 Victoria 14

Great year, Victoria. Hold your heads high.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: High school football   High school football Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 12:20 pm

The Other One wrote:
6A - Junction City vs. Lawrence Free State
5A - Hutchinson vs. St. Thomas Aquinas
4A - Topeka Hayden vs. Perry - LeCompton
3A - Conway Springs vs. Silver Lake

And the winners were:

Junction City
Hutchinson
Hayden
Conway Springs
Smith Center
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

PostSubject: Re: High school football   High school football Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 10:33 pm

I wonder how Smith Center can continue to keep coming up with so many good teams and so many talented players???????????
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

Number of posts : 3438

PostSubject: Re: High school football   High school football Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 10:36 pm

Maybe it's something as simple as commitment by the community to support the kids who work really hard, focusing their efforts on being the best football team they can be.

confused Just a guess.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=790394051
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

PostSubject: Re: High school football   High school football Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 10:49 pm

theres got to be more to it than that.
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

Number of posts : 3438

PostSubject: Re: High school football   High school football Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 10:59 pm

Could it be the corn fed beef they eat?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=790394051
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

PostSubject: Re: High school football   High school football Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 12:09 am

yeah that could be one source of the "magic"
Back to top Go down
Degeneration X
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
Degeneration X

PostSubject: Re: High school football   High school football Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 12:17 am

I think football is bred into those people. Actually Coach Barta has high expectations for his players. They are expected to be in the weight room, and to keep up on conditioning. Plus alot has to do with Coach Barta he is just an awesome coach. Makes you wonder what he could do with a college team or maybe the NFL???
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

PostSubject: Re: High school football   High school football Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 12:36 am

I am actually surprised K-State hasn't snagged him yet. It would be very interesting to know how much he is paid to coach at SC in comparison to other coaches in the league and 2-1A
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: High school football   High school football Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 1:47 am

My opinion after reading and listening to many others, is that Smith Center as a community looks at football as if it is more important than anything is, ever was, or ever will be.

Until other schools can convince their players that their coach is a god to be served and obeyed completely by students, faculty, and parents, both on and off the field, and that football is better than beer and girls, Smith Center will probably keep winning.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: High school football   High school football Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 1:56 am

LukeTHr wrote:

This thread was started on Sept. 30th of last year. Smith Center still hasn't lost. They beat Oakley tonight, 33-20, to earn a chance to win their sixth straight state title next Saturday against Centralia at Lewis Field.

The 5A game should be a classic. Undefeated Hutchinson will also go for its sixth straight title against undefeated Gardner-Edgerton in Emporia.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: High school football   High school football Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 1:00 am

Well it finally happened. Centralia has dethroned Smith Center.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: High school football   High school football Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 1:46 am

Ratzilla wrote:
Well it finally happened. Centralia has dethroned Smith Center.

They sure did. Sounds like it was a great game.

Hutch beat the hell out of Gardner-Edgerton.
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

Number of posts : 1170
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: High school football   High school football Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 11:27 am

Yes they did unfortunately and thats too bad, I really would like to see someone beat them. But then I also feel they belong up in the 6A school group.
Back to top Go down
dz724
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: High school football   High school football Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 1:24 pm

Speaking of football. Has anyone else seen "The Blind Side" ? Great movie. I highly recommend that everyone see it. Especially because its based on a true story of a current NFL player!
Back to top Go down
Degeneration X
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
Degeneration X

PostSubject: Re: High school football   High school football Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 2:36 pm

I was really hoping that the Smith Center streak would have been broken by an MCL team, they had lots of close games this year and i knew someone would dethrone them. Yeah I heard Gardner-Edgerton got their asses kicked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: High school football   High school football Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

High school football
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next