Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

Police blockade on Main st today?

Go down 
+5
nobodysbusiness
Justoo
munky34
Blackie Kuhn
dubious
9 posters
AuthorMessage
dubious

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Police blockade on Main st today? Empty
PostSubject: Police blockade on Main st today?   Police blockade on Main st today? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 6:52 pm

What was going on around 4:30 today on Main, there were buttloads of police cars?
Back to top Go down
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Police blockade on Main st today?   Police blockade on Main st today? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 7:04 pm

In Hays it doesn't take much to attract any or all the emergency services,maybe a squirrel got hit by a car downtown

Last edited by Blackie Kuhn on Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : misspelled Hace)
Back to top Go down
munky34

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Police blockade on Main st today?   Police blockade on Main st today? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 7:12 pm

really does anybody know what was going on it looked pretty serious
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Police blockade on Main st today?   Police blockade on Main st today? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 7:26 pm

Heard a rumor about an SKP. Figured he was talking about the one from Norton.
Back to top Go down
nobodysbusiness
Admin
Admin
nobodysbusiness

Number of posts : 2062

PostSubject: Re: Police blockade on Main st today?   Police blockade on Main st today? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 7:32 pm

My kids came home from school and said they had a "code yellow" at school and that someone escaped from jail. Not sure, but this might have something to do with it.
Back to top Go down
Degeneration X
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
Degeneration X

Number of posts : 1337

PostSubject: Re: Police blockade on Main st today?   Police blockade on Main st today? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 1:14 am

I heard something about an FHSU basketball player who escaped from jail and held himself up in a house.
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: Police blockade on Main st today?   Police blockade on Main st today? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 5:57 am

That would explain all of the police in my neighborhood. It WAS an SKP.
Back to top Go down
dz724
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 919
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Police blockade on Main st today?   Police blockade on Main st today? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 5:58 am

what does SKP mean?
Back to top Go down
dubious

PostSubject: Re: Police blockade on Main st today?   Police blockade on Main st today? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 8:25 am

Scary Kanine Puppies?
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

Number of posts : 2245
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Police blockade on Main st today?   Police blockade on Main st today? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 8:40 am

Stinky kangaroos puking?
Back to top Go down
dubious

PostSubject: Re: Police blockade on Main st today?   Police blockade on Main st today? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 9:23 am

I hate it when that happens.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675

PostSubject: Re: Police blockade on Main st today?   Police blockade on Main st today? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 9:28 am

kaysradio.com wrote:
Hays Police and Ellis County Sheriff’s deputies spent Thursday afternoon searching for a man who escaped from a holding area at the Law Enforcement Center. 25-year-old Derrick Turner, who was on community corrections for a robbery conviction, was picked up for an alleged parole violation. Turner escaped at about 12:40pm. He was taken back into custody at about 6:15.

Former FHSU basketball superstar ex-scaped.
Back to top Go down
Degeneration X
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
Degeneration X

Number of posts : 1337

PostSubject: Re: Police blockade on Main st today?   Police blockade on Main st today? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 12:25 pm

FHSU basketball----We pride ourselves on recruiting criminals and fugitives of law
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: Police blockade on Main st today?   Police blockade on Main st today? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 2:40 pm

dz724 wrote:
what does SKP mean?

Say it a few times...SKP SKP SKP SKP SKP. Now try to say it like Barney Fife.

He's an SKP! He's an SKP! He's an SKP!
Back to top Go down
dz724
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

PostSubject: Re: Police blockade on Main st today?   Police blockade on Main st today? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 3:42 pm

I figured as much as it does make sense! But didnt' know if there was some secret police code that I wasn't aware of! I know they like to use numbers in their speech to throw us off and thought maybe they might do some acronyms as well. We have a 1080 going 415 on 435 etc. (I made that up... I hope I didn't say something terrible in cop talk!)

The name Derrick Turner sounded very familiar... When did he play for FHSU?
Back to top Go down
dz724
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

PostSubject: Re: Police blockade on Main st today?   Police blockade on Main st today? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 4:16 pm

Never mind. THe hdnews did have an article. He was the guy that was so sick with that rare illness a couple of years back. His junior year was 05-06. I was graduated a while before that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Police blockade on Main st today?   Police blockade on Main st today? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 7:01 pm

You was graduated a while before that?
Back to top Go down
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Police blockade on Main st today?   Police blockade on Main st today? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 7:08 pm

The doped up sonofabitch needs to get back in his cage
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Police blockade on Main st today?   Police blockade on Main st today? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 7:21 pm

Maybe he needs MORE dope!
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Police blockade on Main st today?   Police blockade on Main st today? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 1:23 am

Degeneration X wrote:
FHSU basketball----We pride ourselves on recruiting criminals and fugitives of law

Seems FHSu isn't the only one. Not even the only one in Kansas.

ESPN.com wrote:
Kansas State RB Patton charged with abuse of child, dismissed
By Tim Griffin
ESPN.com

Kansas State running back Leon Patton remained Friday in the Riley County (Kan.) Jail on a $30,000 bond after he was arrested Thursday on a warrant of child abuse involving a 2-month-old boy. He is accused of shaking the boy.

Patton had been suspended indefinitely by Kansas State after an arrest earlier this summer. After the latest charge stemming from what police say was a July 15 incident, he was dismissed from the team early Friday.

Patton shook the baby "feloniously and intentionally," according to the arrest warrant. Police spokesman Lt. Kurt Moldrup said the matter was reported to police when it happened, prompting an investigation. He would not provide information on the now-4-month-old boy's whereabouts or condition.

Patton already had been suspended from the team after a July traffic stop led to the discovery of outstanding warrants from 2007, one for stealing two video games from a Wal-Mart. He also was cited for an unpaid parking ticket. After pleading no contest, Patton was sentenced to six months' probation and fined $100.

Patton was the projected starting tailback for the Wildcats entering this season. He rushed for 390 yards and four touchdowns last season, but has not seen action during 2008.

He had rushed for 999 yards and 10 touchdowns during his first two seasons with the Wildcats.
Back to top Go down
dz724
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

PostSubject: Re: Police blockade on Main st today?   Police blockade on Main st today? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 8:25 am

mikecc wrote:
You was graduated a while before that?

nice catch! I think everyone knows what I meant! But yes, I started to write "I was long gone before that", then changed it to "I graduated before that", but I combined the two by accident... OOPS! pale
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Police blockade on Main st today?   Police blockade on Main st today? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 9:06 am

Police blockade on Main st today? 137460799v10_150x150_Front_Color-HeatherGrey
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Police blockade on Main st today?   Police blockade on Main st today? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Police blockade on Main st today?
Page 1 of 1