Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

Railroad Tracks on South Vine

Go down 
+13
Ratzilla
LukeTHr
The Other One
wilkykav2
plowboy
Justoo
dz724
Roadstar
gilbert scheck
jessks75
nitromaxx98
SlumberGirl
nobodysbusiness
17 posters
AuthorMessage
nobodysbusiness
Admin
Admin
nobodysbusiness

Number of posts : 2062
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Railroad Tracks on South Vine Empty
PostSubject: Railroad Tracks on South Vine   Railroad Tracks on South Vine Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 8:32 pm

I am wondering if anyone else has an issue with the RR tracks by 8th street on south Vine. Heading northbound is bad enough, with 1/2 a rail sticking up in the middle of the lane, but when heading southbound, even going across them at 5 mph, it rocks my vehicle back and forth. Who can people complain to about fixing this? My husband and mother have bad back problems, and mine is not doing so well in my current condition, and it kills us to pass the tracks, but we don't have much of a choice considering where we live.
Back to top Go down
SlumberGirl
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SlumberGirl

Number of posts : 1136
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Railroad Tracks on South Vine   Railroad Tracks on South Vine Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 8:37 pm

Yes I do too! Me and my 16 year old were discussing it. We try and miss that stupid thing sticking up, it looks like if someone with a very bald tire went over it, they would be screwed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.slumberpartiesbyvalarie.com
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Number of posts : 3515

PostSubject: Re: Railroad Tracks on South Vine   Railroad Tracks on South Vine Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 8:38 pm

If you complain on here long enough, the city will do something. They finally paved my street, kinda...
Back to top Go down
nobodysbusiness
Admin
Admin
nobodysbusiness

PostSubject: Re: Railroad Tracks on South Vine   Railroad Tracks on South Vine Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 8:50 pm

they attempted to pave reservation road too - looks like they slathered asphalt on the road, and left it to be flattened by the cars running down the street. There is already grooves starting and its only been a week.

SG - Buff saw some guy hit it head on with his truck - said it bout took the tire off the truck.
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

PostSubject: Re: Railroad Tracks on South Vine   Railroad Tracks on South Vine Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 9:27 pm

Look on the bright side.

We have the HCVB..
Back to top Go down
jessks75
All Star
All Star
jessks75

Number of posts : 2007

PostSubject: Re: Railroad Tracks on South Vine   Railroad Tracks on South Vine Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 9:53 pm

and those pretty trees by Walmart in the middle of the road!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jessks75
gilbert scheck

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Sick looking plants   Railroad Tracks on South Vine Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 11:20 pm

Have you ever seen such sick looking plantings like the ones in the middle of Vine Street
from 27th Street on North. I've had out ot town friends riding with me asking if someone had sprayed them with a killer as they looked so awful.

I informed them they look much better this year than last year so all the community is awaiting the year of 2010 hoping they'll learn how to keep and care for plantings by then??
The visitors found that very funny. They were the same visitors that asked why most homes have a small Porta Pot curbside. They were wondering if we had sewer problems or what.....
Back to top Go down
Roadstar
Rookie
Rookie
Roadstar

Number of posts : 129

PostSubject: Re: Railroad Tracks on South Vine   Railroad Tracks on South Vine Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 12:41 am

gilbert scheck wrote:
Have you ever seen such sick looking plantings like the ones in the middle of Vine Street
from 27th Street on North. I've had out ot town friends riding with me asking if someone had sprayed them with a killer as they looked so awful.

I informed them they look much better this year than last year so all the community is awaiting the year of 2010 hoping they'll learn how to keep and care for plantings by then??
The visitors found that very funny. They were the same visitors that asked why most homes have a small Porta Pot curbside. They were wondering if we had sewer problems or what.....

sounds to me like you need smarter friends
Back to top Go down
Roadstar
Rookie
Rookie
Roadstar

Number of posts : 129

PostSubject: Re: Railroad Tracks on South Vine   Railroad Tracks on South Vine Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 12:50 am

nobodysbusiness wrote:
I am wondering if anyone else has an issue with the RR tracks by 8th street on south Vine. Heading northbound is bad enough, with 1/2 a rail sticking up in the middle of the lane, but when heading southbound, even going across them at 5 mph, it rocks my vehicle back and forth. Who can people complain to about fixing this? My husband and mother have bad back problems, and mine is not doing so well in my current condition, and it kills us to pass the tracks, but we don't have much of a choice considering where we live.

I agree its a terrible crossing. The problem is, it's going to have o be fixed by the railroad.
Back to top Go down
dz724
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 919
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Railroad Tracks on South Vine   Railroad Tracks on South Vine Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 1:52 am

We noticed how rough the tracks were while we were back in town too.
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812

PostSubject: Re: Railroad Tracks on South Vine   Railroad Tracks on South Vine Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 6:14 am

Toby Dougherty was appointed to the position of Hays City Manager on August 1, 2007 and is eager to contact the railroad for you. Toby and his wife Karen have two children, Robyn and Thomas. Toby can be reached at (785) 628-7320, or tdougherty@haysusa.com.
Back to top Go down
plowboy
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Railroad Tracks on South Vine   Railroad Tracks on South Vine Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 10:41 am

What in the world does it matter what his wife and childrens names are? Oh, you forgot to mention their ages and address.
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

Number of posts : 2245

PostSubject: Re: Railroad Tracks on South Vine   Railroad Tracks on South Vine Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 10:46 am

it may have been one of his "sellers" publicly made that he has a 'well-rounded" family confused
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675

PostSubject: Re: Railroad Tracks on South Vine   Railroad Tracks on South Vine Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 10:53 am

plowboy wrote:
What in the world does it matter what his wife and childrens names are? Oh, you forgot to mention their ages and address.

Justoo was only quoting the Hays City website. You can read all about Toby here.
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

Number of posts : 1936

PostSubject: Re: Railroad Tracks on South Vine   Railroad Tracks on South Vine Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 12:10 pm

from what I have seen in general, the area of south Hays from the tracks gets treated like a bastard step-child that no one wants to admit exists, especially south vine.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902

PostSubject: Re: Railroad Tracks on South Vine   Railroad Tracks on South Vine Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 12:58 pm

The Washington street crossing in Ellis was real bad. If you bitch loudly enough UP will fix it in as few as 5 or 10 years. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812

PostSubject: Re: Railroad Tracks on South Vine   Railroad Tracks on South Vine Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 2:11 pm

plowboy wrote:

I could piss you off by saying "Good morning" , couldn't I?
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

Number of posts : 1936

PostSubject: Re: Railroad Tracks on South Vine   Railroad Tracks on South Vine Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 3:33 pm

Ratzilla wrote:
The Washington street crossing in Ellis was real bad. If you bitch loudly enough UP will fix it in as few as 5 or 10 years. Very Happy

You mean that is fixed??? I thought they made it into a jump ramp for stunt cars...... if they make it any higher it will be a dike separating the south side from the north
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

Number of posts : 1170
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Railroad Tracks on South Vine   Railroad Tracks on South Vine Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 4:39 pm

LukeTHr wrote:
from what I have seen in general, the area of south Hays from the tracks gets treated like a bastard step-child that no one wants to admit exists, especially south vine.

BINGO!
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Railroad Tracks on South Vine   Railroad Tracks on South Vine Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 5:53 pm

LukeTHr wrote:
Ratzilla wrote:

You mean that is fixed??? I thought they made it into a jump ramp for stunt cars...... if they make it any higher it will be a dike separating the south side from the north

I suppose I got used to it.
Back to top Go down
zeke
Rookie
Rookie
zeke

Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2008-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Railroad Tracks on South Vine   Railroad Tracks on South Vine Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 8:10 pm

I don't live on the south side but i think the people there are more normal and honest and friendlier then the up turned nosed, crack heads that do no wrong people on the north side of the tracks.........wish the county or city or state would light up the highway south of town like they did up north so it isnt so damn blinding coming in to town
Back to top Go down
zeke
Rookie
Rookie
zeke

Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2008-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Railroad Tracks on South Vine   Railroad Tracks on South Vine Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 8:11 pm

oh and the tracks. just go real fast, your suspension will do the rest. you go up then come down. so who fixed the tracks on canterbury
Back to top Go down
nobodysbusiness
Admin
Admin
nobodysbusiness

PostSubject: Re: Railroad Tracks on South Vine   Railroad Tracks on South Vine Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 8:48 pm

some vehicles cant handle that tho - ive tried it.. lol
Back to top Go down
jessks75
All Star
All Star
jessks75

PostSubject: Re: Railroad Tracks on South Vine   Railroad Tracks on South Vine Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 9:03 pm

NB, are you trying to have that baby?
Back to top Go down
nobodysbusiness
Admin
Admin
nobodysbusiness

PostSubject: Re: Railroad Tracks on South Vine   Railroad Tracks on South Vine Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 9:06 pm

oh I havent done it for a few months.... and as much as Id like to go now - I still have almost two months Sad
Back to top Go down
jessks75
All Star
All Star
jessks75

PostSubject: Re: Railroad Tracks on South Vine   Railroad Tracks on South Vine Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 9:07 pm

yeah you better take it easy!!!
Back to top Go down
nobodysbusiness
Admin
Admin
nobodysbusiness

PostSubject: Re: Railroad Tracks on South Vine   Railroad Tracks on South Vine Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 9:11 pm

went to the doc today, all is well (except my weight) and im ready to go.... this heat is killing me.

ANYHOW.... I just need to contact UP??
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Railroad Tracks on South Vine   Railroad Tracks on South Vine Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 10:48 pm

nobodysbusiness wrote:
went to the doc today, all is well (except my weight) and im ready to go.... this heat is killing me.

ANYHOW.... I just need to contact UP??

You'll need to complain to the city. It took a long time for UP to get around to installing crossing guards on Dorrance and Cottonwood in Ellis even after a lady was killed by the train on Dorrance. They (UP) suggested we close those streets off instead, even though it'd have left all of Ellis with only one crossing. So don't expect UP to act fast. Not sure how they determine priorities.
Back to top Go down
jessks75
All Star
All Star
jessks75

PostSubject: Re: Railroad Tracks on South Vine   Railroad Tracks on South Vine Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 11:08 pm

hehe, when you said you need to contact UP I thought you were talking about underestimated prophet a.k.a .......................UP!!!

duh, i got it figured out now!
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

Number of posts : 2299

PostSubject: Re: Railroad Tracks on South Vine   Railroad Tracks on South Vine Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 11:18 pm

jessks75 wrote:
hehe, when you said you need to contact UP I thought you were talking about underestimated prophet a.k.a .......................UP!!!

duh, i got it figured out now!

I am still here just in a different name afro
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675

PostSubject: Re: Railroad Tracks on South Vine   Railroad Tracks on South Vine Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 11:23 pm

Ratzilla wrote:
So don't expect UP to act fast. Not sure how they determine priorities.

As soon as there's a lawsuit involving the tracks in question, it will become a priority. Unless one of their executives has to cross the tracks every day, then it will get done yesterday.
Back to top Go down
jessks75
All Star
All Star
jessks75

PostSubject: Re: Railroad Tracks on South Vine   Railroad Tracks on South Vine Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 11:23 pm

I know I was just saying, you know what i was saying! tongue
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Railroad Tracks on South Vine   Railroad Tracks on South Vine Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 12:07 am

The Other One wrote:
Ratzilla wrote:
So don't expect UP to act fast. Not sure how they determine priorities.

As soon as there's a lawsuit involving the tracks in question, it will become a priority. Unless one of their executives has to cross the tracks every day, then it will get done yesterday.

Yeah, keeping the trains rolling is always top priority otherwise. Getting a train stopped in an emergency isn't even always easy.
Back to top Go down
SciFi
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SciFi

Number of posts : 1242

PostSubject: Re: Railroad Tracks on South Vine   Railroad Tracks on South Vine Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 12:38 am

plowboy wrote:

Justoo wrote:
I could piss you off by saying "Good morning" , couldn't I?

As Elpato was fond of saying, "No good deed goes unpunished," eh, Justoo? It was good info, regardless of the sophomoric, petty reply.
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

PostSubject: Re: Railroad Tracks on South Vine   Railroad Tracks on South Vine Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 1:25 am

Interesting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Railroad Tracks on South Vine   Railroad Tracks on South Vine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Railroad Tracks on South Vine
Page 1 of 1