Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

Fast Eddie Gets $32,000+ Raise

Go down 
+2
Ratzilla
The Other One
6 posters
AuthorMessage
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Fast Eddie Gets $32,000+ Raise Empty
PostSubject: Fast Eddie Gets $32,000+ Raise   Fast Eddie Gets $32,000+ Raise Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 4:17 am

Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Fast Eddie Gets $32,000+ Raise   Fast Eddie Gets $32,000+ Raise Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 5:37 am

If it weren't for sports his raise would probably be 32 cents, if he got one at all. Compare the raises gotten at universities with little or no sports to the ones with big programs. We are becoming the new Rome where everything revolves around the arena.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Fast Eddie Gets $32,000+ Raise   Fast Eddie Gets $32,000+ Raise Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 12:44 pm

Ratzilla wrote:
If it weren't for sports his raise would probably be 32 cents, if he got one at all. Compare the raises gotten at universities with little or no sports to the ones with big programs. We are becoming the new Rome where everything revolves around the arena.

What? This has nothing to do with sports. If it did, he wouldn't get much and the chancellor at KU would get a lot more than 1.8%. This money comes from the state taxpayer, not sports and not from any tuition increases on students.

I'm curious to know what exactly you think Hammond has done in the sports area recently that would make the regents give him a raise. The football team is horrible and has been since Bob Cortese left. The basketball team is okay, but they haven't made it past the second round of the regionals since 1997, which was Gary Garner's final season. In most D-II colleges, football and men's basketball are the only revenue generating sports. There are a few (St. Cloud State comes to mind) that have excellent hockey programs and fill their arena for every game, but those are few and far between at that level.

If you're thinking that people might say Ed deserves a raise for adding soccer at FHSU, you would be wrong. The cost of operating the program far exceeds any revenue that they have been able to generate at this point. I understand that they are drawing really well, especially for the men's games, but with the travel, equipment, etc., it will take a few years to even break even.

No, these raises are purely from the regents. The question that I have is when the state is still in a budget crisis, why are they giving any of them raises, even the COLA, much less the huge increase that some of them got. Another example of how easy it is to waste other people's money.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fast Eddie Gets $32,000+ Raise   Fast Eddie Gets $32,000+ Raise Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 1:33 pm

[quote="The Other One"]
Ratzilla wrote:
The question that I have is when the state is still in a budget crisis, why are they giving any of them raises...Another example of how easy it is to waste other people's money.

Came here to say this. Well played my fine Sir/Ma'am.

#occupyFHSU
Back to top Go down
lilchefed
Rookie
Rookie
lilchefed

Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Fast Eddie Gets $32,000+ Raise   Fast Eddie Gets $32,000+ Raise Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 2:27 pm

Wasn't FHSU's enrollment the highest it has ever been? Just say'n!
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Fast Eddie Gets $32,000+ Raise   Fast Eddie Gets $32,000+ Raise Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 6:44 pm

The Other One wrote:
Ratzilla wrote:

What? This has nothing to do with sports. If it did, he wouldn't get much and the chancellor at KU would get a lot more than 1.8%. This money comes from the state taxpayer, not sports and not from any tuition increases on students.

Maybe KU was left out because their Chancellor already made more than anyone else. Or maybe the regents were K-State fans. But unless you can show me someone running a college with no serious sports programs that got a $30,000 pay hike my statement stands. Our schools nowdays revolve around sports as much or more than education. Sports and PC.

Sports was our governments "final solution" for bringing the races together. Back when white men would watch a black man die in the streets without a care, those same men would go home and cheer black ball players on TV. And our government and the media played upon that very heavily. With that increased emphasis on sports came the greed of it all.

Between putting massive amounts of cash in already fat pockets and promotion of racial harmony both leftists and rightwingers in politics have reasons to funnel money into those schools that supply plenty of sports, especially if it includes plenty of ethnic diversity.

And as a taxpayer I am 100% convinced that my state would spend money for the advancement of either one. Maybe it wasn't directly connected to sports in Hammond's case. Maybe Hammond just got his quota of minorities filled.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Fast Eddie Gets $32,000+ Raise   Fast Eddie Gets $32,000+ Raise Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 12:49 am

Ratzilla wrote:
The Other One wrote:
Ratzilla wrote:

Maybe KU was left out because their Chancellor already made more than anyone else. Or maybe the regents were K-State fans. But unless you can show me someone running a college with no serious sports programs that got a $30,000 pay hike my statement stands. Our schools nowdays revolve around sports as much or more than education. Sports and PC.

Sports was our governments "final solution" for bringing the races together. Back when white men would watch a black man die in the streets without a care, those same men would go home and cheer black ball players on TV. And our government and the media played upon that very heavily. With that increased emphasis on sports came the greed of it all.

Between putting massive amounts of cash in already fat pockets and promotion of racial harmony both leftists and rightwingers in politics have reasons to funnel money into those schools that supply plenty of sports, especially if it includes plenty of ethnic diversity.

And as a taxpayer I am 100% convinced that my state would spend money for the advancement of either one. Maybe it wasn't directly connected to sports in Hammond's case. Maybe Hammond just got his quota of minorities filled.

Peters was probably left out precisely because she already makes more than the rest, but also because she hasn't been there for very long. And I don't care what the justification is, a 14% pay increase in this economy is ridiculous when it comes out of the pockets of taxpayers who are having trouble making ends meet.

Fort Hays may have the largest enrollment ever on a regular basis, but that includes online students and students at the satellite campuses in China.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Fast Eddie Gets $32,000+ Raise   Fast Eddie Gets $32,000+ Raise Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 3:02 am

I agree completely that the increase for Hammond was rediculous in this economy. I didn't get any cost of living increase, just a 3% based on my merits. And 3% of my wage isn't shit compared to Hammond's. But your mention of the satellite campuses in China and the Chinese students here kinda supports my comment that the raise may be due to PC reasons. Strange the course that political correctness has taken since it began.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fast Eddie Gets $32,000+ Raise   Fast Eddie Gets $32,000+ Raise Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 2:21 pm

Are there actual campuses in china? I thought it was all internets access?
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Fast Eddie Gets $32,000+ Raise   Fast Eddie Gets $32,000+ Raise Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 9:38 am

SunShine69 wrote:
Are there actual campuses in china? I thought it was all internets access?

They're not called FHSU - Beijing or whatever, they are called "partners." Hammond goes to five different ones every spring for graduation.
Back to top Go down
zeke
Rookie
Rookie
zeke

Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2008-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Fast Eddie Gets $32,000+ Raise   Fast Eddie Gets $32,000+ Raise Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 8:43 pm

yet another year of raise in insurance and no raise in pay for the working stiffs. personally I think hammond should be deeply investigated for his illegal dealings. and if you don't know what I am talking about check into things for yourself
Back to top Go down
Bighead
All Star
All Star
Bighead

Number of posts : 1539
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Fast Eddie Gets $32,000+ Raise   Fast Eddie Gets $32,000+ Raise Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 3:15 am

boo.
Back to top Go down
SciFi
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SciFi

Number of posts : 1242

PostSubject: Re: Fast Eddie Gets $32,000+ Raise   Fast Eddie Gets $32,000+ Raise Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 1:45 pm

Bighead wrote:
boo.
I like your duck.
Back to top Go down
Bighead
All Star
All Star
Bighead

Number of posts : 1539
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Fast Eddie Gets $32,000+ Raise   Fast Eddie Gets $32,000+ Raise Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 10:51 pm

hey thanks man but I don't swing that way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fast Eddie Gets $32,000+ Raise   Fast Eddie Gets $32,000+ Raise Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fast Eddie Gets $32,000+ Raise
Page 1 of 1