Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

"Immigration Status Unknown." Yeah, right.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2008-03-25

"Immigration Status Unknown." Yeah, right. Empty
PostSubject: "Immigration Status Unknown." Yeah, right.   "Immigration Status Unknown." Yeah, right. Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 3:26 pm

Back to top Go down
Bighead
All Star
All Star
Bighead

Number of posts : 1539
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: "Immigration Status Unknown." Yeah, right.   "Immigration Status Unknown." Yeah, right. Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 7:56 pm

Actually what they say is this:

Quote :
The immigration status of the individuals has not been released

And while we all know that those probably ARE illegal immigrants- that IS an assumption unless & until verified.

Sorry you can't tell basic journalism from a Hannity/Savage/Levin/Limbaugh/Beck rant. Must suck to feel like a victim all the time.
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

Number of posts : 3438

PostSubject: Re: "Immigration Status Unknown." Yeah, right.   "Immigration Status Unknown." Yeah, right. Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 9:54 pm

That one sentence was added to the story hours after the link was posted here. It's the same story that's posted on CJonline.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=790394051
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Number of posts : 3515

PostSubject: Re: "Immigration Status Unknown." Yeah, right.   "Immigration Status Unknown." Yeah, right. Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 11:06 pm

Bighead wrote:
Savage

Snap into a Slim-Jim.......

OOOOHHHHH YYYEEEAAAHHHH!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Bighead
All Star
All Star
Bighead

PostSubject: Re: "Immigration Status Unknown." Yeah, right.   "Immigration Status Unknown." Yeah, right. Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 11:08 pm

suzyr wrote:
That one sentence was added to the story hours after the link was posted here. It's the same story that's posted on CJonline.

link, please?

Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Number of posts : 3515

PostSubject: Re: "Immigration Status Unknown." Yeah, right.   "Immigration Status Unknown." Yeah, right. Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 11:25 pm

Bighead wrote:
suzyr wrote:

link, please?

"Immigration Status Unknown." Yeah, right. Link10
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: "Immigration Status Unknown." Yeah, right.   "Immigration Status Unknown." Yeah, right. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 1:32 am

Bighead wrote:

Quote :

And while we all know that those probably ARE illegal immigrants- that IS an assumption unless & until verified.

Just the fact that half of them are listed as home unknown tells the story. Legal immigrants are real quick to produce documentation when requested.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: "Immigration Status Unknown." Yeah, right.   "Immigration Status Unknown." Yeah, right. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 2:09 am

Bighead wrote:

Quote :

Sorry you can't tell basic journalism from a Hannity/Savage/Levin/Limbaugh/Beck rant. Must suck to feel like a victim all the time.

Sure, Bignose, we all know they were in Kansas on vacation. The Kansas Division of Travel and Tourism has been spending lots of time and effort encouraging people to come here and spend their money.

What else could it be?

And just for the sake of basic journalism, the KHP Crash Log lists 14 people in the vehicle, not 13, none of whom were wearing a seat belt. And the driver, whose address is listed as UNKNOWN in the Hays Post article, is listed as being from Guanjuato, Mexico by the KHP. That's just the first two inaccuracies that stand out. You'd think the story came from CNN, for chrissake.

Now for the further question: Who's paying all those hospital bills?
Back to top Go down
Bighead
All Star
All Star
Bighead

PostSubject: Re: "Immigration Status Unknown." Yeah, right.   "Immigration Status Unknown." Yeah, right. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 7:30 am

Nobody even suggested that these are not illegal immigrants. Fact is that KHP has not released the immigration status of the 13 individuals in question. And that's what has been reported. Unless you want the people writing this story to slide seamlessly into editorial mode (which you apparently can't distinguish from simply reporting) and say "but you know they're all here illegally!", then what's your beef with the story? If anything you should be bitching about KHP not releasing their immigration status.

As for the number of people involved... who the hell knows? But the title of the article doesn't say that only 13 were involved. It says that 13 from mexico & guatemala were involved. Read this slowly- maybe have Oz help you:

Quote :
According to the Kansas Highway Patrol, a 2003 Dodge Durango carrying 13 people from Mexico or Guatemala was Eastbound on I-70 when the driver lost control causing the vehicle to roll into the center median ejecting several passengers.
Cleodove Guzman-Rosario, 17, was killed in the accident. It is unknown where he was from.

13 + 1 = 14. Jesus fukcing Christ you're dense. And on some sort of beknighted mission to manufacture something to whine about. Yes, the article could have been more clear. But it would have worked just as well if you had been smarter.

Sorry EP. You have no legitimate gripe here. Just poor reading comprehension and a an acquired sense of victimhood and entitlement. Just because you don't understand what's being reported and they aren't going out of their way to editorialize your FoxNews world-view... that doesn't mean they're wrong or biased. It means that you're a spoon-fed idiot.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: "Immigration Status Unknown." Yeah, right.   "Immigration Status Unknown." Yeah, right. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 8:10 am

No, you're just being a contrary asshole. No matter what anyone says, you'd say "not necessarily."
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: "Immigration Status Unknown." Yeah, right.   "Immigration Status Unknown." Yeah, right. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 9:42 am

Bighead wrote:
your FoxNews world-view..

Yeah, I admit that I switched from the NBA Finals on ABC to the last 15 minutes of Hannity last night to see the Tim Tebow interview. And I occasionally checked on the Royals game. I doubt I'll be watching anything other than the Stanley Cup Finals on NBC tonight, though.

"Immigration Status Unknown." Yeah, right. 203462_23050834961_8060061_q
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: "Immigration Status Unknown." Yeah, right.   "Immigration Status Unknown." Yeah, right. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 4:13 pm

In a rare moment you are both right. The news did pussyfoot around about the illegal status, yet on the other hand it wasn't really necessary to mention it either. Everyone knows what it means when you have a vehicle packed beyond safe capacity of foreign hispanics with different last names and only some have any form of documentation.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: "Immigration Status Unknown." Yeah, right.   "Immigration Status Unknown." Yeah, right. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 4:48 pm

Yet Bignose hasn't answered the question about who is paying the hospital bills. I know it's a rhetorical question that we all know the answer to, but maybe he should explain why that's okay with him.
Back to top Go down
Bighead
All Star
All Star
Bighead

PostSubject: Re: "Immigration Status Unknown." Yeah, right.   "Immigration Status Unknown." Yeah, right. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 5:36 pm

I didn't make the policy, nor will I defend it. It just isn't on my list of things to bitch about today.

My point is that EP is a dumbass. And I reckon I've demonstrated that well enough.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: "Immigration Status Unknown." Yeah, right.   "Immigration Status Unknown." Yeah, right. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 1:21 am

Bighead wrote:
I didn't make the policy, nor will I defend it. It just isn't on my list of things to bitch about today.

My point is that EP is a dumbass. And I reckon I've demonstrated that well enough.

Which means that your position is indefensible, so you're turning to unfounded personal attacks and name calling to make yourself look "above it all." You haven't demonstrated shit, except that you'll take up an opposite position on just about anything so you can pretend to be the foremost authority on everything.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: "Immigration Status Unknown." Yeah, right.   "Immigration Status Unknown." Yeah, right. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 3:36 am

1 point each for your initial debates. 1 demerit each for continuation of hostiities after you both made good points. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Immigration Status Unknown." Yeah, right.   "Immigration Status Unknown." Yeah, right. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Immigration Status Unknown." Yeah, right.
Page 1 of 1