Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

Site closed

Go down 
+10
suzyj
LukeTHr
luv2cook
nitromaxx98
Blackie Kuhn
Justoo
CountryGirl
Ratzilla
Bighead
nobodysbusiness
14 posters
AuthorMessage
nobodysbusiness
Admin
Admin
nobodysbusiness

Number of posts : 2062
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Site closed Empty
PostSubject: Site closed   Site closed Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 1:53 am

So... how devistating would it be if this site closed down?
Back to top Go down
Bighead
All Star
All Star
Bighead

Number of posts : 1539
Registration date : 2008-04-13

Site closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site closed   Site closed Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 2:03 am

That would be a shame... but I wouldn't blame you. Been pretty slow around here lately- this site may have run its course.

There are two other Hays-specific forums that I'm aware of... I reckon people could regroup either here

http://mytown.hdnews.net/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=32

or here

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/hays-ks
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Site closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site closed   Site closed Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 4:15 am

Do what you want Jaime, it's you who controls it. It doesn't appear that you've had much interest in it for quite awhile. Let us know a few days in advance if you could so we don't start a serious thread and get cut off.

I know facebook has caught alot of interest but I'm not excited by that spamorama. I prefer a place just to exchange comments without someone trying to get you into all the extra crap, but I guess most users don't mind the spamathon.

Bighead, the topix dot com link is interesting. Looks like it's opinions posted without a bias, or the circus. Matter of fact, no signup is required and I just posted there.

Beware folks.... It appears the The topix dot com is just loosely moderated and is full of rude comments. I like it that way, but figured I'd point that out for those who expect to be changed, powdered, wetnursed, and sung lullabys to by a moderator. Smile
Back to top Go down
Bighead
All Star
All Star
Bighead

Site closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site closed   Site closed Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 10:58 am

Topix is a cesspool. Doesn't really matter what locale we're talking about. I reckon that's a result of allowing people to post without even signing up... and the complete lack of moderation can't help.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Site closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site closed   Site closed Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 2:46 pm

Bighead wrote:
Topix is a cesspool. Doesn't really matter what locale we're talking about. I reckon that's a result of allowing people to post without even signing up... and the complete lack of moderation can't help.

I prefer a cesspool to the constant stream of freaking spam facebook has to offer. See what your friends said about you. Find a lost friend. Play this cool game. Oops, you need more points to do all that, so visit one of our sponsors. UP YOURS FACEBOOK!!!
Back to top Go down
Bighead
All Star
All Star
Bighead

Site closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site closed   Site closed Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 2:49 pm

I don't have a strong opinion about Facebook one way or the other, but the spam-fest that you bring up on occasion hasn't been my experience. Really... I don't know what the hell you're talking about.

I don't bother with Facebook much, but I have caught up with several people that I haven't seen in a decade or two via facebook. Not sure why it caused you so many problems.
Back to top Go down
nobodysbusiness
Admin
Admin
nobodysbusiness

Site closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site closed   Site closed Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 2:52 pm

I just dont know what else to do here, any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
CountryGirl
Rookie
Rookie
CountryGirl

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Site closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site closed   Site closed Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 4:44 pm

The site has been great, even though I haven't posted much, I think part of it fizzling out is all the drama that was booted (which was fine). Or it could be cause it is summer, I have noticed facebook hasn't been as busy either. I don't know how to make this hopping again, I think it's just up to the people that have been here to do something about it instead of the moderators doing it all
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812

Site closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site closed   Site closed Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 5:42 pm

Give away cars. It worked for 0prah.
Back to top Go down
nobodysbusiness
Admin
Admin
nobodysbusiness

Site closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site closed   Site closed Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 5:46 pm

There is no longer anyone banned from this site. I figured that Mikecc would come back but haven't seen him. It also doesnt help that the actual route67601.com website is no longer active, so in order to get here you have to go through the 67601.forummotion.com site.

Maybe I should advertise it on FB?
Back to top Go down
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

Number of posts : 986

Site closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site closed   Site closed Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 6:20 pm

Back to top Go down
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

Number of posts : 986

Site closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site closed   Site closed Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 6:23 pm

nobodysbusiness wrote:
I just dont know what else to do here, any suggestions?
Just let the shit fly,like the original site.It was always busy....Let the people kn ow how you really feel Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nobodysbusiness
Admin
Admin
nobodysbusiness

Site closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site closed   Site closed Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 6:24 pm

we havent been doing much moderating at all blackie - its just that no one is here!
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Site closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site closed   Site closed Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 6:52 pm

Bighead wrote:
I don't have a strong opinion about Facebook one way or the other, but the spam-fest that you bring up on occasion hasn't been my experience. Really... I don't know what the hell you're talking about.

I don't bother with Facebook much, but I have caught up with several people that I haven't seen in a decade or two via facebook. Not sure why it caused you so many problems.

It's fine if all you want to do is keep in touch. But everytime I'm on there someone is sending me something that requires "points" to see it. And if you want points you have to jump through the required hoops.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Site closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site closed   Site closed Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 6:57 pm

Justoo wrote:
Give away cars. It worked for 0prah.

Oprah has about a billion dollars and 95 cents more than NB. That big car giveaway everyone got so excited about was nothing to her but a tax break.
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Number of posts : 3515

Site closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site closed   Site closed Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 7:03 pm

nobodysbusiness wrote:

It would be comparable to someone inventing a machine to harness the rotational energy of the earth to create power only to have the technology seized by cats from another planet and by utilizing a large can opener as an attractant, use the static electricity of 50,000 cats rubbing up against the building housing the machine and use the device, via a large antenna located in Egypt, to correct the cat's home planet's decaying rotation therefore stopping the earth's rotation and then having the same person who invented the machine discover that by moving the machine in the same direction used to stop the earth, that the power could be drawn back therefor restoring the earth's rotation with the only side effect being that the earth would rotate in the opposite direction.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Site closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site closed   Site closed Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 7:12 pm

You speak gibberish well enough to be on a PBS special nitro. Smile
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Site closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site closed   Site closed Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 7:40 pm

nitromaxx98 wrote:
nobodysbusiness wrote:

It would be comparable to someone inventing a machine to harness the rotational energy of the earth to create power only to have the technology seized by cats from another planet and by utilizing a large can opener as an attractant, use the static electricity of 50,000 cats rubbing up against the building housing the machine and use the device, via a large antenna located in Egypt, to correct the cat's home planet's decaying rotation therefore stopping the earth's rotation and then having the same person who invented the machine discover that by moving the machine in the same direction used to stop the earth, that the power could be drawn back therefor restoring the earth's rotation with the only side effect being that the earth would rotate in the opposite direction.

That would cause us to leave the suns gravitational pull. Possibly colliding with a planet ran by cats.
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

Number of posts : 1170
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Site closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site closed   Site closed Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 8:05 pm

nobodysbusiness wrote:
There is no longer anyone banned from this site. I figured that Mikecc would come back but haven't seen him. It also doesnt help that the actual route67601.com website is no longer active, so in order to get here you have to go through the 67601.forummotion.com site.

Maybe I should advertise it on FB?

That might not be a bad idea you could post a link to this board on the People of Hays KS group here.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Hays-KS/People-of-Hays-KS/111464538869551?ref=ts&__a=14&ajaxpipe=1

The You know you're from Hays group here:

https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=4815594406&ref=search#!/group.php?gid=4815594406&v=wall&ref=search
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Site closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site closed   Site closed Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 8:22 pm

Justoo wrote:
That would cause us to leave the suns gravitational pull. Possibly colliding with a planet ran by cats.

Hmmmmm. Could be interesting if evolution followed a slightly different path there.
Site closed Purrgirl-d
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

Number of posts : 1936

Site closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site closed   Site closed Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 2:31 am

maybe before you kill it you could see what your facebook promo idea brings in for new folks. may just be a matter of getting the word out about it's existence. I can also see summer being a factor in the traffic. there is a lot going on for folks to do, cold weather may increase the traffic
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

Number of posts : 3438

Site closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site closed   Site closed Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 8:31 am

Maybe during a push of the site on FB, it could be made "open" to read all categories, but a person must sign up/in to reply to a thread.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=790394051
nobodysbusiness
Admin
Admin
nobodysbusiness

Site closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site closed   Site closed Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 10:51 am

posted an email to ALL members... maybe that will help! Start some new threads kids!
Back to top Go down
nobodysbusiness
Admin
Admin
nobodysbusiness

Site closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site closed   Site closed Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 11:00 am

most topics are open to view now also
Back to top Go down
Wintermute

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Site closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site closed   Site closed Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 3:26 pm

Heh, crazyness..good that things are back up and running again tho!
Back to top Go down
nobodysbusiness
Admin
Admin
nobodysbusiness

Site closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site closed   Site closed Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 4:33 pm

nothing was ever down....
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Site closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site closed   Site closed Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 4:31 am

You know, I was just watching clips of History Of The World Part 1 and when the Grand Inquisitor couldn't get the Jews to convert and join him by torture he said "Send in the nuns".

Well yeah, we don't have any nuns. But I know you girls have T-shirts, garden hoses, and cameras. Soooo...... tongue
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

Site closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site closed   Site closed Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 10:49 am

Ratz, you've seen me. T-shirt, garden hose and camera would NOT be a good combination with me. Site closed 733732
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Site closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site closed   Site closed Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 6:47 pm

Aw come on suzy, let us be the judge. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

Site closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site closed   Site closed Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 7:33 pm

I'd need to be liquored up, for sure! Whatcha got to drink, Ratz? Site closed Lol

Site closed Icon_rolleyes seriously, just joking....

Last edited by suzyr on Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Site closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site closed   Site closed Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 7:53 pm

Site closed Liquor5
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Site closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site closed   Site closed Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 8:30 pm

what's your favorite? Looks like justoo's bar is open.
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

Site closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site closed   Site closed Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 8:35 pm

Not much of a gin drinker... lol
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Number of posts : 3515

Site closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site closed   Site closed Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 9:18 pm

Ratzilla wrote:
Aw come on suzy, let us be the judge. Very Happy

Site closed Rock1
Back to top Go down
Degeneration X
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
Degeneration X

Number of posts : 1337

Site closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site closed   Site closed Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 9:25 pm

Hey Justoo I will have a bourbon and branch and a shot of Jaeger.
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

Site closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site closed   Site closed Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 9:29 pm

Site closed Lol Site closed Lol Site closed Lol Site closed Lol Site closed Lol Site closed Lol
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

Number of posts : 2299

Site closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site closed   Site closed Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 10:16 pm

I saw no Crown Royal and I do not spend money in a bar that does not have Crown!!!!! Site closed 364910
Back to top Go down
zeke
Rookie
Rookie
zeke

Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2008-03-29

Site closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site closed   Site closed Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 3:31 pm

cool ill have to call mikecc up and tell him to bring the purple dingaling back to life woooohoooo go mike
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Site closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site closed   Site closed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Site closed
Page 1 of 1