Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

Infant Death in Hays

Go down 
+23
firemanswife
doodlevw
stargatefan
dz724
LukeTHr
just me
lilchefed
wilkykav2
CelticDragon
jessks75
cobra_kel
suzyj
lisav
slickjay12
SlumberGirl
nitromaxx98
Degeneration X
Justoo
nobodysbusiness
bg0308
luv2cook
gibleis
Ratzilla
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Infant Death in Hays Empty
PostSubject: Infant Death in Hays   Infant Death in Hays Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 5:42 pm

Someone left their kid in a locked car today since 7:00 AM. Kid wasn't found until after 3:00 PM. I'm sure it'll be on the news. How insane....
Back to top Go down
gibleis

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Infant Death in Hays   Infant Death in Hays Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 5:47 pm

Yep. Was on another call and couldnt believe what I was hearing on the radio. Makes you sick to your stomach.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Infant Death in Hays   Infant Death in Hays Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 5:50 pm

No kiddin. When they said the kid was locked in since 7:00 AM it just hit right in the gut because the outcome was obvious.
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

Number of posts : 1170
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Infant Death in Hays   Infant Death in Hays Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 5:50 pm

Was this in Hays? affraid I swear people like this should have their kids taken away from the forever! And then be fixed so that they cant have any more! Mad
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Infant Death in Hays   Infant Death in Hays Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 5:52 pm

Yeah, in Hays.
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

PostSubject: Re: Infant Death in Hays   Infant Death in Hays Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 5:55 pm

Oh FFS! Wait.... are you saying the child died??
Back to top Go down
bg0308
Rookie
Rookie
bg0308

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Infant Death in Hays   Infant Death in Hays Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 6:00 pm

I don't understand how ANYONE can do that. Was it in the Glassman parking lot or Nates?
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Infant Death in Hays   Infant Death in Hays Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 6:06 pm

Not positive where they finally found it parked.
Back to top Go down
nobodysbusiness
Admin
Admin
nobodysbusiness

Number of posts : 2062
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Infant Death in Hays   Infant Death in Hays Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 6:13 pm

omg that makes me sick to my stomach!
Back to top Go down
gibleis

PostSubject: Re: Infant Death in Hays   Infant Death in Hays Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 6:13 pm

Ratzilla wrote:
When they said the kid was locked in since 7:00 AM it just hit right in the gut because the outcome was obvious.

Ya. I heard that and knew the ending would be horrible.
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812

PostSubject: Re: Infant Death in Hays   Infant Death in Hays Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 6:14 pm

I assume charges are being considered.
Back to top Go down
nobodysbusiness
Admin
Admin
nobodysbusiness

PostSubject: Re: Infant Death in Hays   Infant Death in Hays Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 6:16 pm

where did this happen at in Hays?
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

PostSubject: Re: Infant Death in Hays   Infant Death in Hays Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 6:17 pm

Justoo wrote:
I assume charges are being considered.

Last edited by luv2cook on Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Infant Death in Hays   Infant Death in Hays Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 6:19 pm

Charges better be considered. Even 30 minutes is too much in this heat.
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

PostSubject: Re: Infant Death in Hays   Infant Death in Hays Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 6:21 pm

Just checked KSN, KAKE and KWCH online, nothing yet.
Back to top Go down
nobodysbusiness
Admin
Admin
nobodysbusiness

PostSubject: Re: Infant Death in Hays   Infant Death in Hays Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 6:24 pm

im bettin they are still working the scene, prolly wont be anything til 10pm
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

PostSubject: Re: Infant Death in Hays   Infant Death in Hays Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 6:27 pm

What time did this happen?
Back to top Go down
nobodysbusiness
Admin
Admin
nobodysbusiness

PostSubject: Re: Infant Death in Hays   Infant Death in Hays Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 6:30 pm

im gathering it was discovered around 3 pm.
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: Infant Death in Hays   Infant Death in Hays Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 6:31 pm

Ratzilla wrote:
Someone left their kid in a locked car today since 7:00 AM. Kid wasn't found until after 3:00 PM. I'm sure it'll be on the news. How insane....
Back to top Go down
Degeneration X
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
Degeneration X

Number of posts : 1337

PostSubject: Re: Infant Death in Hays   Infant Death in Hays Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 6:34 pm

This has made the local news so far. I just can't believe some bastard would do this and i hope they burn in hell. From the address I have heard its in that block where Adronics and Glassman are.
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: Infant Death in Hays   Infant Death in Hays Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 6:41 pm

Reporter: KAKE News
Email Address: news@kake.com

Police in Hays, KS, are investigating the death of an infant child that was left inside a locked car. Assistant Police Chief Philip Hartsfield says the discovery was made Thursday afternoon in a parking lot near 13th and Cedar in Hays.

Hartsfield says it's believed the baby was accidentally left inside the car sometime before 8:00 a.m.. The call to 911 came in at about 3:20 p.m.

"We do not have anybody arrested," says Hartsfield. "And we do not believe anybody would be a flight risk. We believe this is strictly an accident and have no indication of foul play."

"This is a tragic incident for our city," Hartsfield went on to say. "Our thoughts and prayers go out to this family."

The investigation is continuing and Hartsfield says officers are working with the county attorney in the event that charges, if any, would be filed.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Infant Death in Hays   Infant Death in Hays Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 6:43 pm

How do you accidentally lose track of an infant for over 7 hours?
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Number of posts : 3515

PostSubject: Re: Infant Death in Hays   Infant Death in Hays Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 6:49 pm

You ALWAYS ALWAYS check your car when you have kids!
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

PostSubject: Re: Infant Death in Hays   Infant Death in Hays Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 6:50 pm

I dont understand how this happens but they have my sympathy.

Last edited by luv2cook on Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SlumberGirl
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SlumberGirl

Number of posts : 1136
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Infant Death in Hays   Infant Death in Hays Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 6:51 pm

I couldn't even imagine the thought of losing a child, let alone it be my fault!

I remember a few years back there was someone that did this on accident and they prosecuted the heck out of them. Then just a few months later, there was some big professor at a big college and he wasn't used to taking the baby to daycare and he forgot and left him in the car and they didn't do anything to him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.slumberpartiesbyvalarie.com
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Infant Death in Hays   Infant Death in Hays Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 6:54 pm

I suppose weird things can happen, but I just can't understand how the person this child was supposed to be with wouldn't miss them sooner.
Back to top Go down
nobodysbusiness
Admin
Admin
nobodysbusiness

PostSubject: Re: Infant Death in Hays   Infant Death in Hays Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 6:56 pm

thats what I was thinking ratz. Obviously the kid needed to go to daycare or something to be watched, why didn't that person question where the child was?
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

Number of posts : 2299

PostSubject: Re: Infant Death in Hays   Infant Death in Hays Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 6:59 pm

what is at 13tth and Cedar??
Back to top Go down
nobodysbusiness
Admin
Admin
nobodysbusiness

PostSubject: Re: Infant Death in Hays   Infant Death in Hays Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 7:00 pm

Glassman Corp/Adronics.
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

Number of posts : 2299

PostSubject: Re: Infant Death in Hays   Infant Death in Hays Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 7:00 pm

Ok don;t know Hace by streets only by locations of businesses
Back to top Go down
lisav
Rookie
Rookie
lisav

Number of posts : 454
Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Infant Death in Hays   Infant Death in Hays Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 7:05 pm

I can't imagine forgetting my child was in the car with me. I never, ever forgot that my kids were in the car. How does one forget that?
Back to top Go down
bg0308
Rookie
Rookie
bg0308

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Infant Death in Hays   Infant Death in Hays Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 7:07 pm

nobodysbusiness wrote:
thats what I was thinking ratz. Obviously the kid needed to go to daycare or something to be watched, why didn't that person question where the child was?

I agree!! Whenever I forget to tell my sitter we won't be there she always calls to check. BUT there are those that don't call and assume that they just stayed home. I couldn't even imagine the thought of when you show up to pick up your child and she/he isn't there....
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

Number of posts : 3438

PostSubject: Re: Infant Death in Hays   Infant Death in Hays Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 7:11 pm

nobodysbusiness wrote:

If I'm expecting a child to be dropped off, and they're 30 minutes late (sometimes there are traffic issues), I call to see if everything is alright. I just don't buy the accident argument. How can a person be so distracted and busy that they forget their child is in the car?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=790394051
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Infant Death in Hays   Infant Death in Hays Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 7:12 pm

I can't picture forgetting my cat in the vehicle, but I guess we'll have to wait and see how this happened. It's bizarre.
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: Infant Death in Hays   Infant Death in Hays Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 7:13 pm

drunken
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Infant Death in Hays   Infant Death in Hays Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 7:13 pm

Thought of that justoo.
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: Infant Death in Hays   Infant Death in Hays Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 7:15 pm

Why does the phrase 'responsible parenting' keep popping into my head.
Back to top Go down
nobodysbusiness
Admin
Admin
nobodysbusiness

PostSubject: Re: Infant Death in Hays   Infant Death in Hays Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 7:21 pm

not only that suz, but sometime during the day wouldnt it dawn on you? I think of my kids TONS all day long!
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

PostSubject: Re: Infant Death in Hays   Infant Death in Hays Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 7:23 pm

Do they not have "open lunch" breaks where they can leave the building?
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

PostSubject: Re: Infant Death in Hays   Infant Death in Hays Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 7:24 pm

nobodysbusiness wrote:
not only that suz, but sometime during the day wouldnt it dawn on you? I think of my kids TONS all day long!

Yes! I do the same thing, even though mine aren't babies anymore.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Infant Death in Hays   Infant Death in Hays Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 7:25 pm

Not much surprises me, but this one just makes no sense. I've forgotten and left a six pack of beer in the vehicle overnight before, but I didn't have to feed my beer or change it's diaper.
Back to top Go down
cobra_kel
cobra_kel

Number of posts : 86

PostSubject: Re: Infant Death in Hays   Infant Death in Hays Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 7:36 pm

I just drove by on 13th street and noticed the eyewitness news camera pointed toward the abandoned building located in the Adronics parking lot.
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Number of posts : 3515

PostSubject: Re: Infant Death in Hays   Infant Death in Hays Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 7:40 pm

KWCH.com

By Angela Smith (HAYS, Kan.)

An infant dies in Hays after being left in a hot car for hours.

According to Hays Assistant Police Chief, Phil Heartsfield, emergency dispatchers received a call just before 3:30 p.m. Thursday afternoon that a child had been left a car near 13th & Cedar.

When the police and paramedics arrived on the scene, they found the child deceased. At that time, they determined the baby girl had been in the vehicle since 7 or 8 a.m.

The child's body has been turned over to the coroner's office for an autopsy and to determine an official cause of death. Heartsfield says the girl was between three and four months old.

It will be up to the Ellis County Attorney's Office as to whether or not charges will be filed.

As of right, police believe this to be an accident -- as an investigation is still underway.

They are waiting until all family members have been notified before the child's name will be released.
Back to top Go down
Degeneration X
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
Degeneration X

Number of posts : 1337

PostSubject: Re: Infant Death in Hays   Infant Death in Hays Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 7:53 pm

I feel this isn't an accident and I hope the responsible party gets the book thrown at them. I hpe they rot in hell!!!!
Back to top Go down
jessks75
All Star
All Star
jessks75

Number of posts : 2007

PostSubject: Re: Infant Death in Hays   Infant Death in Hays Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 8:44 pm

I had my niece in the car with me one day and i drove from countryside to wally world without her making a sound. She was three at the time. I was a mother of older kids at the time and didnt hear anything in the back and was used to the older kids getting out as they pleased for the most part. Well when I got to wally world i left her in the van. Thankfully my mom and sister pulled up right next to me right after I went into the store and stayed with her, but hey Im not the perfect mom. I never would have even thought for a moment this would have happened to me...........but it did. No harm cam to my niece, thank GOD he was watching over her!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jessks75
gibleis

PostSubject: Re: Infant Death in Hays   Infant Death in Hays Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 8:50 pm

SlumberGirl wrote:
there was some big professor at a big college and he wasn't used to taking the baby to daycare and he forgot and left him in the car

this scenario sounds eerily familiar to me.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Infant Death in Hays   Infant Death in Hays Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 9:04 pm

jess, could you go 7 hours without remembering your niece was with you? I doubt that or your kids wouldn't have made it this far. And this was a 3 to 4 month old. I'd think mothering instincts would still be sharp and she'd be thinking of her pretty often.
Back to top Go down
nobodysbusiness
Admin
Admin
nobodysbusiness

PostSubject: Re: Infant Death in Hays   Infant Death in Hays Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 11:11 pm

I changed the topic so people would know there was a thread on this already.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Infant Death in Hays   Infant Death in Hays Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 11:14 pm

Good idea. I shoulda thought of that when I decided on a title.
Back to top Go down
CelticDragon
Rookie
Rookie
CelticDragon

Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Infant Death in Hays   Infant Death in Hays Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 11:48 pm

Several years ago there was a similar kind of thing that involved an employee in that area. (She was a friend of a friend.) She was on the slow side. She had to be at work before her sister could take care of the baby, so she would leave her baby in the car in the parking lot for something like 15-30 minutes after she had to be to work. It took a few days for someone to notice and she was turned into the authorities. I don't know what happened, but I heard she kept the kid... they must have made allowances for her not understanding what could happen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Infant Death in Hays   Infant Death in Hays Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Infant Death in Hays
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next