Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

Hays Express

Go down 
+8
wilkykav2
plowboy
kidrkp
slider
jewelz
SciFi
Ratzilla
chiefsfan
12 posters
AuthorMessage
chiefsfan
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
chiefsfan

Number of posts : 595
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Hays Express Empty
PostSubject: Hays Express   Hays Express Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 12:49 am

Has anyone else tried this place?? It is really good and cheap!! And no I don't not work there.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Hays Express Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hays Express   Hays Express Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 3:31 am

What and where is Hays Express? Don't think I've heard anything about it.
Back to top Go down
chiefsfan
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
chiefsfan

Hays Express Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hays Express   Hays Express Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 4:32 am

Ratzilla wrote:
It is a Chinese/Italian/American restaurant that is located in the gas station that used to house Hardees and then Taco Johns. It is just down a little to the left from Arby's. It has food from spaghetti, to fetticini, to fried rice, to lo mein, to chicken strips. There is nothing over $ 6!!
Back to top Go down
SciFi
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SciFi

Number of posts : 1242

Hays Express Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hays Express   Hays Express Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 5:27 am

chiefsfan wrote:
Ratzilla wrote:
It is a Chinese/Italian/American restaurant that is located in the gas station that used to house Hardees and then Taco Johns. It is just down a little to the left from Arby's. It has food from spaghetti, to fetticini, to fried rice, to lo mein, to chicken strips. There is nothing over $ 6!!
I didn't know that we ever had a Taco John's, loved that placed in Lawrence, but thanks for the info on Hays Express. I've been wondering when it was up and running.
Back to top Go down
jewelz
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
jewelz

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Hays Express Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hays Express   Hays Express Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 10:18 am

The Chinese restaurant in the mall, is running this also!
Back to top Go down
http://www.firstpeople bears.com
slider
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
slider

Number of posts : 1289
Registration date : 2008-06-27

Hays Express Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hays Express   Hays Express Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 11:32 am

Taco John's = Eat Tacos - Find A John ASAP!
Back to top Go down
kidrkp

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Hays Express Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hays Express   Hays Express Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 12:07 pm

It just doesn't offer a big variety though. It only has Lo mein for chinese (at least at the drive thru anyway). What a weird combo of foods! The lo mein had a burnt taste and my daughter couldn't even eat it. Haven't tried any of the others.
Back to top Go down
chiefsfan
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
chiefsfan

Hays Express Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hays Express   Hays Express Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 4:14 pm

kidrkp wrote:
It just doesn't offer a big variety though. It only has Lo mein for chinese (at least at the drive thru anyway). What a weird combo of foods! The lo mein had a burnt taste and my daughter couldn't even eat it. Haven't tried any of the others.
On the bigger menu in drive thru they have fried rice with beef, chicken or shrimp and egg drop soup. I have ate there several times and had no problems I hope it doesn't go down hill.
Back to top Go down
SciFi
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SciFi

Number of posts : 1242

Hays Express Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hays Express   Hays Express Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 4:36 pm

chiefsfan wrote:
kidrkp wrote:
On the bigger menu in drive thru they have fried rice with beef, chicken or shrimp and egg drop soup. I have ate there several times and had no problems I hope it doesn't go down hill.
I love lo mein!
Back to top Go down
chiefsfan
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
chiefsfan

Hays Express Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hays Express   Hays Express Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 6:36 pm

uote="SciFi"]
chiefsfan wrote:
kidrkp wrote:
I love lo mein![/quote]Oh me too! When I got it there I got a combo lo mein, it was great
!
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Hays Express Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hays Express   Hays Express Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 6:43 pm

Ok chiefsfan, thanks. Funny I just drove past Arbys and looked that direction without seeing it. But I was scouting the side streets for Christmas lights to show some kids when I take em on a Hays lights tour so that's probably why.
Back to top Go down
plowboy
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Hays Express Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hays Express   Hays Express Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 9:01 pm

Quote :
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

Number of posts : 2245
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Hays Express Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hays Express   Hays Express Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 10:26 pm

No shit.
Back to top Go down
alg8tr
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
alg8tr

Number of posts : 584

Hays Express Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hays Express   Hays Express Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 12:55 am

Yeah, it is right where Texaco had a station and their bulk tanks,...you remember Justoo. Just katty korner Northwest from Sambos.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigalstoons.net
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

Hays Express Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hays Express   Hays Express Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 5:56 am

Sambos?????

Aye,Yae,Yae!!!
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812

Hays Express Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hays Express   Hays Express Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 7:09 am

Back in the day.
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

Number of posts : 1170
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Hays Express Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hays Express   Hays Express Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 8:37 pm

plowboy wrote:

Wow already? Shocked
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

Hays Express Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hays Express   Hays Express Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 12:58 pm

what happened here,did I sneeze and miss it???
Back to top Go down
chiefsfan
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
chiefsfan

Hays Express Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hays Express   Hays Express Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 7:03 pm

Apparently they didn't get enough business, is what I was told.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675

Hays Express Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hays Express   Hays Express Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 4:27 am

This is the explanation that the owner gave a friend of mine:

"Business across street good. Over here, no good. We close."

When it was pointed out to him that despite the fact that locals thoight his food was pretty good, the location he was in depended on travelers from I-70, and many of them may not feel very trusting of Chinese food from the back of a gas station, he didn't seem to understand.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hays Express Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hays Express   Hays Express Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hays Express
Page 1 of 1