Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

I am my own Neighbor

Go down 
+30
upfront
Noone Special
mbsb
Dusty Moff
plowboy
RomadBuff
wilkykav2
Sadie
jschmeidler
kjgordon
hick
dz724
Degeneration X
jewelz
fescue
Roadstar
Serpico
nobodysbusiness
suzyj
SlumberGirl
zeke
luv2cook
kansas kid
my2cents
JustAnotherTourist
Blackie Kuhn
nitromaxx98
Ratzilla
LukeTHr
Justoo
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
AuthorMessage
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

I am my own Neighbor - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I am my own Neighbor   I am my own Neighbor - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 11:14 pm

Good question. Why all the 1st amendment talk if changing boundries doesn't change right to official protest?
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: I am my own Neighbor   I am my own Neighbor - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 7:02 am

Justoo wrote:
Moving the boundaries does stop any legally recognizable right to petition as described in the zoning regs. If I am wrong on that part, please explain how the protest process works so I might understand my error.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: I am my own Neighbor   I am my own Neighbor - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 5:48 pm

I'd have about sworn that said does not when I first read it.
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: I am my own Neighbor   I am my own Neighbor - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 6:16 pm

Sometimes you see what you want to. Done it myself.
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Number of posts : 3515

PostSubject: Re: I am my own Neighbor   I am my own Neighbor - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 9:59 pm

Justoo wrote:
Justoo wrote:
Moving the boundaries does stop any legally recognizable right to petition as described in the zoning regs. If I am wrong on that part, please explain how the protest process works so I might understand my error.

Might you have proof? Like a link to said regulations?
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: I am my own Neighbor   I am my own Neighbor - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 10:36 pm

http://www.ellisco.net/images/docs/ProcGuide%2Epdf

excerpt from regulations:
All applications must be accompanied by a list of owners of all property (except public streets and ways) within a one thousand (1,000) foot radius of and including the property for which the zone change or Conditional Use Permit is requested if the property is within the unincorporated portion of the county. If the property in question is within an incorporated city, the owners identified within said certified list shall extend no more than two hundred (200) feet. If such property is located near or adjacent to the limits of an incorporated city, the area shall be a maximum of one thousand (1,000) feet in the unincorporated area and two hundred (200) feet in a city. The list must contain the names and mailing addresses of all the owners of property within the notification area. This list shall be obtained from an licensed abstractor.

except from application:
2. The applicant hereby requests:
______ A change of zoning from to .
______ A Conditional Use for the following:
3. The property is legally described as (Lot and Block or Metes and Bounds):
4. This property address is:
The general location is (use appropriate section):
A. At the (NW, NE, SW or SE) corner of (street/road) and (street/road) or,
B. On the (N, S, E, W) side of (Street) (Road) between (Street) (Road) and (Street) (Road).

excerpt:
INSTRUCTION SHEET FOR PROTEST PETITIONS
The attached protest petition form may be used to submit protests to the Governing Body in rezoning cases or requests for a Conditional Use Permit. If a petition against a rezoning or Conditional Use Permit is filed in the office of the County Clerk for cases within the unincorporated portion of the county or with the City Clerk for cases within a city within fourteen (14) days after the date of the conclusion of the public hearing, signed by the owners of twenty percent (20%) or more of any property proposed to be rezoned or affected by the Conditional Use Permit or by the owners of twenty percent (20%) of the total area, except public streets and ways, located within the notification area of the property proposed to be rezoned or subject to the Conditional Use Permit, such amendment shall not be passed except by a 3/4 majority vote of all the members of the Board of County Commissioners for properties within the unincorporated portion of the county or by a 3/4 majority of all the members of the city Governing Body for properties within a city.
In completing this form, PLEASE:
1. Enter in Section I of the petition the information about the property against which the protest is made.
2. Use a separate form for each property owner(s) making a protest.
3. Enter in Section II of the petition your full name (wife's also if she is a joint owner) and the full legal description by lot, block, and addition (or by metes and bounds description) of your property.
Example for a husband and wife owning one platted lot:
a) b) __________________________________
Signature Signature
John K. Doe Jane K. Doe________________
Typed or Printed Name Typed or Printed Name
Property Owned (If land is not platted, insert metes and bounds description in the space provided):
Lot 1, Block 2, Smith Addition
The owners of adjacent property should file a separate protest petition for each tract or property protesting.
4. The protest petitions shall be submitted to the County Clerk for cases within the unincorporated portion of the county or the City Clerk for cases within a city, and they will be presented to the appropriate Governing Body when the subject zone change or Conditional Use Permit is considered.
NOTE: Protest petitions must be submitted to the County Clerk for cases within the unincorporated portion of the county or to the City Clerk for cases within a city within 14 days AFTER the Joint Planning Commission hearing if they are to be considered as a legal requirement making necessary a 3/4 majority vote of all the members of the Board of County Commissioners or appropriate city Governing Body to enact the proposed change in zoning. Protest petitions submitted to the Joint Planning Commission before the completion of the public hearing will NOT be accepted or considered valid.
Back to top Go down
plowboy
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: I am my own Neighbor   I am my own Neighbor - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 11:58 pm

I still find myself scratching my head wondering why you are so concerned about the proposed windfarm. Maybe you just a concerned citizen looking out for the welfare of us less educated folks. Maybe you have a friend who lives in the proposed area effected by the placement of the wind turbines. I know you don't live in the effected area. Are you maybe caring out someone elses agenda?
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Number of posts : 3515

PostSubject: Re: I am my own Neighbor   I am my own Neighbor - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 12:31 am

Wind farms are bad.
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: I am my own Neighbor   I am my own Neighbor - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 6:11 am

plowboy wrote:
I still find myself scratching my head wondering

You're going to go bald.
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: I am my own Neighbor   I am my own Neighbor - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 11:02 am

plowboy wrote:
I still find myself scratching my head wondering why you are so concerned about the proposed windfarm. Maybe you just a concerned citizen looking out for the welfare of us less educated folks. Maybe you have a friend who lives in the proposed area effected by the placement of the wind turbines. I know you don't live in the effected area. Are you maybe caring out someone elses agenda?

And then there are those who don't live in the proposed area and are staunchly for the proposed electric generation complex. Maybe they have friends who are going to profit that they wish to help out. Maybe they are crrying out someone elses agenda.

Why does it seem odd that someone who doesn't live in the area is against the project, yet nobody questions why someone supports it and does not live in the area.

Tell me plowboy, why do you support it.
Back to top Go down
plowboy
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: I am my own Neighbor   I am my own Neighbor - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 1:41 am

I have nothing to gain financially by the proposed windfarm project. I do live south of the proposed area where I honestly and truefully can say I will be able to look north and view the windturbines. You ask why do I support it, considering the rising price of fuel, propane, natural gas, electricity why wouldn't I? We have plenty of wind here in Kansas why not take advantage of it. Lets do our part and not have the mindset that "let someone else worry about it". You sound like countless others in this county " if I can't gain financially by it I don't want my neighbor or relative to either". Explain to me what you mean by saying"why nobody questions why somebody supports it and does not live in the proposed area"?
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: I am my own Neighbor   I am my own Neighbor - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 1:57 am

Justoo wrote:
Sometimes you see what you want to. Done it myself.

In this case it was reading the post too quickly. I'm neutral on the project, but I think we really need new alternatives to coal and oil. So I see the reasons to have them being higher than the reasons not to at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Jim-Beam

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: I am my own Neighbor   I am my own Neighbor - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 12:03 pm

Folks, you can argue about all of the regulations, and starting petiitons all you want, you can rant and rave about all of the good things and bad thing of a wind farm for the next ten years, but I hate to tell ya' all.....the wind farms are coming. More land north and south of Hays has been leased by companies for wind farms, and the commission, and the zoning board are rushing like mad to get it zoned and permits approved before this years elections. So if your for the farms or against them, you better get used to seeing them because there coming soon to a pasture near you!!!! I am my own Neighbor - Page 12 838973
Back to top Go down
jessks75
All Star
All Star
jessks75

Number of posts : 2007

PostSubject: Re: I am my own Neighbor   I am my own Neighbor - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 12:56 pm

Jim-Beam wrote:
Folks, you can argue about all of the regulations, and starting petiitons all you want, you can rant and rave about all of the good things and bad thing of a wind farm for the next ten years, but I hate to tell ya' all.....the wind farms are coming. More land north and south of Hays has been leased by companies for wind farms, and the commission, and the zoning board are rushing like mad to get it zoned and permits approved before this years elections. So if your for the farms or against them, you better get used to seeing them because there coming soon to a pasture near you!!!! I am my own Neighbor - Page 12 838973

Ooooooooooooh yea!!!!!!!!!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jessks75
plowboy
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: I am my own Neighbor   I am my own Neighbor - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 5:16 pm

Front page of tonights HDN it appears like their one step closer to a windfarm in Ellis county.
Back to top Go down
jessks75
All Star
All Star
jessks75

PostSubject: Re: I am my own Neighbor   I am my own Neighbor - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 5:28 pm

yay!!! I am my own Neighbor - Page 12 6729
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: I am my own Neighbor   I am my own Neighbor - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 5:48 pm

plowboy wrote:
Front page of tonights HDN it appears like their one step closer to a windfarm in Ellis county.

Front page of tonights HDN it appears like the judge left the door open to other suits later. You will have to wait a bit to cash your check.
Back to top Go down
plowboy
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: I am my own Neighbor   I am my own Neighbor - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 6:27 pm

Like I said before allmighty Justoo I have nothing financially to gain from the windfarm.
Back to top Go down
jessks75
All Star
All Star
jessks75

PostSubject: Re: I am my own Neighbor   I am my own Neighbor - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 6:29 pm

plowboy wrote:
Like I said before allmighty Justoo I have nothing financially to gain from the windfarm.
Almighty Justoo, Wow I never knew!!!! I love you I love you I love you ( no offense to Mrs. Too or Baxter)
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: I am my own Neighbor   I am my own Neighbor - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 6:35 pm

plowboy wrote:

I thought surely you had a side bet somewhere. I guess that means I was wrong once.

Oh, just because I was wrong once doesn't mean that you don't have to bow before speaking to me.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: I am my own Neighbor   I am my own Neighbor - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 10:48 pm

Justoo wrote:
I thought surely you had a side bet somewhere. I guess that means I was wrong once.

Oh, just because I was wrong once doesn't mean that you don't have to bow before speaking to me.

Cough.... Hack.... Cough cough cough..... Man don't do that to me when I'm taking a drink. lol!
Back to top Go down
plowboy
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: I am my own Neighbor   I am my own Neighbor - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 11:00 am

I might bow at you Justoo but I wouldn't be facing you and you know what you could do next.
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: I am my own Neighbor   I am my own Neighbor - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 11:47 am

Flick my Bic?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I am my own Neighbor   I am my own Neighbor - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I am my own Neighbor
Page 12 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12