Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

What TV shows do you like?

Go down 
+4
Justoo
Ratzilla
Blackie Kuhn
The Other One
8 posters
AuthorMessage
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2008-03-25

What TV shows do you like? Empty
PostSubject: What TV shows do you like?   What TV shows do you like? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 12:11 am

Interesting article about the popularity of TV shows among Republican voters vs. Democrat voters.

The Reign of Right-Wing Primetime

What TV shows do you like? Rightwing2_3
Back to top Go down
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: What TV shows do you like?   What TV shows do you like? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 4:03 am

I must be different. I don't watch any of those shows and never have. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: What TV shows do you like?   What TV shows do you like? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 4:33 am

Blackie Kuhn wrote:
I must be different. I don't watch any of those shows and never have. Very Happy

Don't lie. You watch "Dancing with the Stars" every week. Don't you?
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: What TV shows do you like?   What TV shows do you like? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 4:41 am

Blackie Kuhn wrote:

Guess I must be weird, too. My DVR is set for "Hell's Kitchen," "Detroit 1-8-7," "Hawaii Five-O," "CSI," "CSI:Miami" and "$@!# My Dad Says." I'll watch them if there's no Avalanche game, no good football games, no good basketball games and no good soccer games on.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: What TV shows do you like?   What TV shows do you like? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 6:02 am

Blackie Kuhn wrote:

I don't think you're that different. Look at those lists and think about it. They either polled mostly women, or did all their polls in San Francisco. You're just a male that isn't homosexual.
Back to top Go down
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

PostSubject: Re: What TV shows do you like?   What TV shows do you like? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 10:13 am

Don't lie. You watch "Dancing with the Stars" every week. Don't you?

Nope not yet Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: What TV shows do you like?   What TV shows do you like? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 10:59 am

Oh yeah, and there's nothing as exciting as sitting down in bunny slippers with a nice latte and rooting for the newest gay guy on American Idol. Rolling Eyes

I'd put a $20 on it that more republican men would watch The Sportsman Channel, ESPN, History, Discovery, Nat Geo, Comedy Central, a movie channel, or even cartoons before watching alot of those shows. I did watch part of the first Survivor until I realized it was more about lying, cheating, and backstabbing than survival skills.
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812

PostSubject: Re: What TV shows do you like?   What TV shows do you like? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 7:16 pm

Hey! I don't drink lattes.

Oops, you weren't talking to me, were you? What TV shows do you like? 364910
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

Number of posts : 1170
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: What TV shows do you like?   What TV shows do you like? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 4:29 pm

The Other One wrote:
Interesting article about the popularity of TV shows among Republican voters vs. Democrat voters.

The Reign of Right-Wing Primetime

What TV shows do you like? Rightwing2_3

I watch Big Bang Theory and Friday Night Lights on those 2 lists. Wonder what that means? I also never miss Smallville, Vampire Diaries, One Tree Hill, Supernatural, Pawn Stars.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: What TV shows do you like?   What TV shows do you like? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 12:03 pm

I don't watch any shows on either list. Mine includes classic science fiction and real science shows such as paleontology, astronomy, etc. I like Ghost Hunters , but not too much into paranormal shows with the hokey psychic crap.

Pawn Stars, Pickers, and Antique Roadshow are good. I'll watch Comedy Central, and old 50's 60's sitcoms. The Weather Channel, and tornado documentaries. I'll watch UFC now and then, and wrestling shows for laughs. I like a good western. Gunsmoke was the king of all westerns.

I do NOT watch doctor shows other than real life trauma room stuff. And I don't watch many cop shows. A good show with master criminals like Wofat on the original Hawaii 5-0 was good. Silence of the Lambs was good. Batman and Die Hard type shows are good. Watching cops beat up drunks and druggies doesn't amuse me much. And I'd like a different subject than hate crimes, sex offenders, and terrorists. Can't we have just a good old fashioned bank robbery or something?
Back to top Go down
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

PostSubject: Re: What TV shows do you like?   What TV shows do you like? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 10:18 pm

I used to watch Dog the Bounty Hunter,but got tiresome of him always getting the bad guy without ever getting a gun or knife pulled on him.....phony bastard! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: What TV shows do you like?   What TV shows do you like? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 8:21 pm

none of the shows I watch are on either list
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: What TV shows do you like?   What TV shows do you like? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 5:29 am

I still say those polls questioned mostly women viewers. Either that or male America has wimped out pretty badly.

Or it could be like one guy I know who says if his wife doesn't get her Oprah and American Idol fixes she has hissy fits and won't let him live in peace. But I guess that fits into the wimped out male category. Maybe he needs that drill sergeant therapist.
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

Number of posts : 2245
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: What TV shows do you like?   What TV shows do you like? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 6:49 pm

I am a Sons of Anarchy junkie!!!!
Back to top Go down
SciFi
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SciFi

Number of posts : 1242

PostSubject: Re: What TV shows do you like?   What TV shows do you like? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 2:02 pm

The Other One wrote:
"$#*! My Dad Says."

Did you see the episode where Ed (Shatner's character) was going to do karaoke and the gal suggested "Rocket Man?" Hilarious!
Back to top Go down
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

PostSubject: Re: What TV shows do you like?   What TV shows do you like? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 2:40 am

Ratzilla wrote:
I still say those polls questioned mostly women viewers. Either that or male America has wimped out pretty badly.

Or it could be like one guy I know who says if his wife doesn't get her Oprah and American Idol fixes she has hissy fits and won't let him live in peace. But I guess that fits into the wimped out male category. Maybe he needs that drill sergeant therapist.
She could get a fix on a stove and sink...maybe some laundry or hit the bricks. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: What TV shows do you like?   What TV shows do you like? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 5:07 am

Well Blackie, I guess that'd be the old school answer. I was wondering why the guy didn't just buy a second TV. Men used to have dens to escape brats and femivision shows. Now it's more like Al Bundy being exiled out to his bathroom in the garage.
Back to top Go down
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

PostSubject: Re: What TV shows do you like?   What TV shows do you like? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 1:37 pm

He could escape to the bar and watch sports...that's an option Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SciFi
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SciFi

Number of posts : 1242

PostSubject: Re: What TV shows do you like?   What TV shows do you like? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 1:11 am

Ratzilla wrote:
Now it's more like Al Bundy being exiled out to his bathroom in the garage.
Yes, but he had his Ferguson in that bathroom.

"But today's toilets aren't worthy of the name. They come in designer colors, they're too low, and when you flush 'em they make this little weak, almost apologetic sound. Not a Ferguson! It only comes in white and when you flush it... Bam! Wooosh! That's a man's flush, Bud. A Ferguson says 'I'm a toilet. Sit down and give me your best shot.' Oh, if only a Ferguson could speak, the tales it would tell." - Al Bundy

Al Bundy's Ferguson

Last edited by SciFi on Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added hyperlink)
Back to top Go down
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

PostSubject: Re: What TV shows do you like?   What TV shows do you like? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 2:12 am

I had one with a huge tank that would pull down 2 bricks.! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: What TV shows do you like?   What TV shows do you like? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 5:43 am

Ah yes, the Ferguson commode. Very Happy

Blackie Kuhn wrote:
He could escape to the bar and watch sports...that's an option Very Happy

Nowdays some of the sports bars look like they were designed for the girls. Remember when a bar was a place to play snooker and drink beer with stogie smoke in the air and nudie girl calendars on the walls? You'd walk in and there'd be guys wearing overalls, cowboy gear or work clothes. Denim or leather jackets and engineer boots. Alot of guys carried a bottle of their favorite bourbon or schnapps in their pocket for a shot between beers.

Nowdays you walk in a sports bar and there's some guy with his salon styled hair in a polo shirt with turquoise shorts and flip flops drinking who knows what, and don't you dare light up a stogie or pull out your own pint of whiskey or he'll have a hissy fit.

I think I'd rather sit in the garage bathroom on the Ferguson with a copy of Biguns.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What TV shows do you like?   What TV shows do you like? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What TV shows do you like?
Page 1 of 1