Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

BO Skipping Memorial Day services at Arlington

Go down 
+5
nitromaxx98
alg8tr
LukeTHr
suzyj
The Other One
9 posters
AuthorMessage
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2008-03-25

BO Skipping Memorial Day services at Arlington Empty
PostSubject: BO Skipping Memorial Day services at Arlington   BO Skipping Memorial Day services at Arlington Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 3:52 pm

BO is skipping out on Memorial Day ceremonies at Arlington this weekend - but don't worry, he'll be back in time for a Paul McCartney concert! What a guy. What a leader.
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

Number of posts : 3438

PostSubject: Re: BO Skipping Memorial Day services at Arlington   BO Skipping Memorial Day services at Arlington Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 5:58 pm

He's got his priorities right! Awesomeness! BO Skipping Memorial Day services at Arlington Icon_rr
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=790394051
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: BO Skipping Memorial Day services at Arlington   BO Skipping Memorial Day services at Arlington Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 7:24 pm

yup, he's got his priorities......... PARTY PARTY PARTY!!!
Back to top Go down
alg8tr
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
alg8tr

Number of posts : 584

PostSubject: Re: BO Skipping Memorial Day services at Arlington   BO Skipping Memorial Day services at Arlington Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 8:23 pm

This is very disturbing to me. Along with everything else we have seen. Just wait till Hurricane season whirls that oil all over the Southwest. We have only begun to see the "Change"
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigalstoons.net
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Number of posts : 3515

PostSubject: Re: BO Skipping Memorial Day services at Arlington   BO Skipping Memorial Day services at Arlington Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 9:17 pm

Percentage.

Reagan 50%
Bush Sr. 0%
Clinton 100%
Bush Jr. 87.5%
Obama 50%

Dunno how many chose vacation instead. I'm guessing 1.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: BO Skipping Memorial Day services at Arlington   BO Skipping Memorial Day services at Arlington Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 2:40 am

nitromaxx98 wrote:
Percentage.

Reagan 50%
Bush Sr. 0%
Clinton 100%
Bush Jr. 87.5%
Obama 50%

Are those the percentage of time they went, or missed it? Either Bush Sr. or Clinton is top prez or top prick in that with the other presidents being varied levels of pricks.

But hey, Obama is even with Reagan. Either way it goes it doesn't look good considering God himself sent Reagan to the White House.
Back to top Go down
Bighead
All Star
All Star
Bighead

Number of posts : 1539
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: BO Skipping Memorial Day services at Arlington   BO Skipping Memorial Day services at Arlington Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 8:04 am

Just goes to show that most of the bitching coming from 'the right' has little to do with what Obama does. It's about who he is.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675

PostSubject: Re: BO Skipping Memorial Day services at Arlington   BO Skipping Memorial Day services at Arlington Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 9:45 am

Ratzilla wrote:
nitromaxx98 wrote:
Percentage.

Reagan 50%
Bush Sr. 0%
Clinton 100%
Bush Jr. 87.5%
Obama 50%

Are those the percentage of time they went, or missed it? Either Bush Sr. or Clinton is top prez or top prick in that with the other presidents being varied levels of pricks.

But hey, Obama is even with Reagan. Either way it goes it doesn't look good considering God himself sent Reagan to the White House.

In 1981, Reagan was still recovering from the gunshot wound after the assassination attempt six weeks earlier. In 1983, he was attending a summit in Williamsburg, VA. In 1988, he was attending a summit in Moscow. In 1987, he pulled out late. Speculation was that he was under the weather. Or maybe Nancy's psychic told her not to let him go.

In 1989, George H.W. Bush was in Rome on Memorial Day, where he led observances at an American military cemetary south of the city. The other three years, he was vacationing in Kennebunkport, Maine. That is as inexcusable, as is BO's action.

Clinton attended 100%. Cudos to him on that. Considering his reputation for "loathing the military," it was also a wise political move.

George W. Bush made it to 7 of 8. In 2002, he participated in Memorial Day ceremonies at Normandy, site of the D-Day landings. Not sure you can fault him for that. Of course, there will be those in the press and the current administration who will blame Bush for BO not attending this year.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: BO Skipping Memorial Day services at Arlington   BO Skipping Memorial Day services at Arlington Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 12:43 pm

I'm surprised Reagan didn't want to postpone the Willimsburg summit on that day. Also surprised he didn't attempt a brief appearance after he was shot, but he was kinda old.

Daddy bush was inexcusable. I thought I remembered Clinton doing it because there was some fuss from military guys. I knew GW had a good record. It was one of GW's more admirable traits.
Back to top Go down
Bighead
All Star
All Star
Bighead

PostSubject: Re: BO Skipping Memorial Day services at Arlington   BO Skipping Memorial Day services at Arlington Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 1:26 pm

I've got no use for military-worship myself. I think I'll go fishing on Monday.
Back to top Go down
nobodysbusiness
Admin
Admin
nobodysbusiness

Number of posts : 2062

PostSubject: Re: BO Skipping Memorial Day services at Arlington   BO Skipping Memorial Day services at Arlington Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 3:36 pm

Bighead you make me sick.
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

Number of posts : 1170
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: BO Skipping Memorial Day services at Arlington   BO Skipping Memorial Day services at Arlington Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 4:37 pm

Bighead wrote:

I think you should, and while you are out there you might spend a moment thanking the servicemen and women who have in the past and still continue to this day to protect the freedoms you have in this country you idiot.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: BO Skipping Memorial Day services at Arlington   BO Skipping Memorial Day services at Arlington Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 9:17 pm

You know Bighead, alot of the country doesn't believe in every conflict we get into including myself. And claiming to bring freedom to other nations since the Cold War began has been a flimsy excuse for expansionist/global control ideas. But one thing is very sure. If not for the power of the US military another big power might have tried to push us out long ago.

All the wealth and valuable territory in this nation would be pretty inviting to others with power and ideas of conquest. Our women and kids could end up as sex toys and slaves for whatever nation that had the power to do it. And that is why our troops do and have served. To suggest they do so because they choose to be the pawns of power hungry politicians and greedy elitists is an insult that is undeserved.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BO Skipping Memorial Day services at Arlington   BO Skipping Memorial Day services at Arlington Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 12:39 am

Bighead wrote:

That's OK with me, Bighead. I've never enjoyed being on the receiving end of military worship, and I think only my douchiest coworkers actually believe that they deserve it. Some military worshipers do it for the sake of appearance. I think for most people it's just a manifestation of tribal mentality, like reverence of warriors and ancestors. People do it because it makes them feel good and proud and part of something, not because it makes sense. Their DNA compels them to do this sort of thing, and military worship is the easiest option in our culture. But if it has to make sense to you, just keep paying your taxes. I'll consider that thanks enough. And you're welcome for your freedom to go fishing.
Back to top Go down
Bighead
All Star
All Star
Bighead

PostSubject: Re: BO Skipping Memorial Day services at Arlington   BO Skipping Memorial Day services at Arlington Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 1:43 am

Quote :
To suggest they do so because they choose to be the pawns of power hungry politicians and greedy elitists is an insult that is undeserved.

I didn't say that. But now that you mention it, that isn't TOO far from the truth. Although I wouldn't characterize it as a 'choice' most of the time. There's a REASON why the military prefers their recruits to be young and naive. I've no doubt that lots of military people believe this "defending freedom" crap. Others just want a paycheck. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I actually do admire some military people. But generally speaking, they're REALLY old. WWII was the last American war that I reckon was justified- and plenty of even THAT conflict was questionable. Damn near every U.S. military action since has been a politically motivated charade of one sort or another. I WON'T express admiration for people who are willing to die for this kind of stupidity (and I just pity those who were FORCED to die for it). And ya'll aren't doing them any favors by pretending that they're "defending freedom" when it reality they're just pawns in a game motivated by money and politiks. All you're doing is setting up the next generation of pawns so you can mourn them too (or flatter them if they survive).

We need military people- as a deterrent if nothing else. But running around the globe killing brown people in assorted Goat Nations (thanks, Ratzilla) and getting killed in return... that's pretty much what the U.S. military DOES anymore. And THAT isn't "defending freedom".
Back to top Go down
alg8tr
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
alg8tr

Number of posts : 584

PostSubject: Re: BO Skipping Memorial Day services at Arlington   BO Skipping Memorial Day services at Arlington Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 3:10 am

The drinking water evian, is the word naive. Do they even sell that anymore? Words are like water. Some wash the dirt away.

On topic, I am completely thankful for the "warriors" that have left us this beautiful country.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigalstoons.net
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: BO Skipping Memorial Day services at Arlington   BO Skipping Memorial Day services at Arlington Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 3:34 am

As I said, overtaking goat nations doesn't change the fact that the US military is what keeps our shores from invasion. No it doesn't stop 9/11 type attack, but it does keep other expansionist nations with large armies at bay.

And it doesn't matter if you agree with modern politics. You don't have to wave flags on Memorial Day, nor Veterans Day. You don't have to do anything. Some kids have parents that arent so good. But it doesn't mean we should abolish Mother's Day or Father's Day.

Some of us including you and I don't believe a god sent a son here named Jesus. And the philosopher with that name was likely born in the spring. You and I know it was the Catholic Church that moved his birthday to 12/25 in an attempt to take over pagan Winter Solstice celebrations. But it doesn't mean everyone who believes in it, or celebrates it does so for bad reason.

The military is just like the police. Most do it because they feel they are doing so to protect us. And both do a great deal of things that do just that. Even if you ignore all the wars since WWII as unwarranted the fact still remains that Memorial Day honors those who died fighting Britain for independance. The fact still remains that it honors all those who died in the US Civil War. And the US Military and National Guard do a great many things to help during natural disasters.

On 9/11 as soon as I saw the Trade Towers I knew there was going to be massive failure of structural supports, and I think probably a lot of the fire and police who kept going in knew it too. They didn't do it to fight Al Queada, they did it to help others. And the military is the same thing. Most I've known in the military did so because they felt they were helping their nation. I see no reason why you can't go fishing and let the ones who want to honor that good intent do so.

On an added note, I agree with what you have said in the past about the government using Memorial Day and Veterans Day to "rally the public" into supporting often questionable military actions. But you need to remember that it isn't the lure of oil or gold that gets someone to enlist. They can't help where they get sent.

And you bring up the draftees. They above all deserve a day of remembrance. Memorial Day is for them, not the jackass politicians who sent them there. Direct your disgust at the politicians, not the guy who only did what he had to.
Back to top Go down
Bighead
All Star
All Star
Bighead

PostSubject: Re: BO Skipping Memorial Day services at Arlington   BO Skipping Memorial Day services at Arlington Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 8:23 am

You make several good points, Ratzilla. But I still disagree with the whole premise of military-worship. By idolizing soldiers and LYING about what it is that our military DOES, we perpetuate the status quo and keep killing brown people and our own people- all for money & power, and very little else. Dead people are dead- they don't CARE what you do. All this ritualistic worship is for the LIVING, whether ya'll realize it or not.

Military-worship is dishonest, simplistic, and keeps the stupidity going one generation after another. Like my Clone says, it's a tribal mentality. But hey, have fun down at the graveyard- I wouldn't try to stop you. I just don't want any part of it.

BTW- gratitude is a sickness suffered by dogs.

Ok, I just threw that last line in for laughs. Anybody recognize the quote before you google it?

Back to top Go down
nobodysbusiness
Admin
Admin
nobodysbusiness

PostSubject: Re: BO Skipping Memorial Day services at Arlington   BO Skipping Memorial Day services at Arlington Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 9:50 am

I hope you fall in the lake.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: BO Skipping Memorial Day services at Arlington   BO Skipping Memorial Day services at Arlington Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 11:07 am

It's not military worship Bighead. It's saying thanks for those who died during military service. It's no different than honoring police or firemen who die in the line of duty. As I already stated, when someone enlists they don't know where they'll be sent. Do you suggest we should have sent Bin Laden an award for the attacks on 9/11? Maybe Bush had other ideas but Osama is more than likely who most of our troops wanted to get.

Like I said, you go fishing, piss on a flag or whatever. But if you pissed on their flag in China their soldiers might shoot you. Think about it.
Back to top Go down
nobodysbusiness
Admin
Admin
nobodysbusiness

PostSubject: Re: BO Skipping Memorial Day services at Arlington   BO Skipping Memorial Day services at Arlington Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 11:40 am

Speaking of honoring a fallen officer, I will be going out to have a beer with Jim this weekend!
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Number of posts : 3515

PostSubject: Re: BO Skipping Memorial Day services at Arlington   BO Skipping Memorial Day services at Arlington Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 3:27 pm

nobodysbusiness wrote:
Speaking of honoring a fallen officer, I will be going out to have a beer with Jim this weekend!

I do that on Halloween.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: BO Skipping Memorial Day services at Arlington   BO Skipping Memorial Day services at Arlington Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 5:38 pm

Jim will like that. BO Skipping Memorial Day services at Arlington 364910 I bought a 4 pack of Hebrew Rye Double IPA for the weekend. Made with "an obscene amount of hops" in honor of the obscene comedian Lenny Bruce. Says on the label that it's "The Chosen Beer". Jim would get a kick out of that.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: BO Skipping Memorial Day services at Arlington   BO Skipping Memorial Day services at Arlington Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 1:11 am

nitromaxx98 wrote:
nobodysbusiness wrote:

I do that on Halloween.

That's fitting too. He liked Halloween and it was the day of his funeral. Everytime I come up with a new Halloween thing I wonder if Jim would like it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BO Skipping Memorial Day services at Arlington   BO Skipping Memorial Day services at Arlington Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BO Skipping Memorial Day services at Arlington
Page 1 of 1