Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

Nex-Tech

Go down 
+7
lilchefed
The Other One
alg8tr
luv2cook
Ratzilla
Blackie Kuhn
Oz
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Oz
Rookie
Rookie
Oz

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Nex-Tech Empty
PostSubject: Nex-Tech   Nex-Tech Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 10:15 am

Anyone use Nex-Tech for their cell phone service? Curious to see if anyone else is as frustrated as I am.
Back to top Go down
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-13

Nex-Tech Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nex-Tech   Nex-Tech Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 12:19 pm

I quit them a long time ago. At the time there were many parts of the country I couldn't get service,including counties south of here.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902

Nex-Tech Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nex-Tech   Nex-Tech Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 12:42 pm

Seems to work for me. Only have problems in canyons and such where signals don't reach.
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

Number of posts : 1170
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Nex-Tech Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nex-Tech   Nex-Tech Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 5:30 pm

Switched over from Verizon near the end of December and Ive loved it ever since. In fact my mother and all my siblings and their families made the switch as well and we are all very satisfied. Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-13

Nex-Tech Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nex-Tech   Nex-Tech Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 1:14 am

Try traveling around the country and tell me how much you like it? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alg8tr
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
alg8tr

Number of posts : 584
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Nex-Tech Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nex-Tech   Nex-Tech Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 1:29 am

Great I just switched over to Nex Tech....was tired of my Unicel not working in the Saline river.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigalstoons.net
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Nex-Tech Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nex-Tech   Nex-Tech Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 1:31 am

Works fine for me, too. Her frustration stems from the incompetent agent we encountered when we took her phone in for service. He gave her an older model loaner phone, told her that her other charger would work when it didn't and generally was a bozo. When I went in to pick up her phone the other day, HTC had sent it back without the battery. They were out of stock on the battery, and being a Saturday, they were unable to get one from wherever they get it. Now we won't be able to get her phone until at least next Saturday.

Her other complaint is that there are dead spots. In Lawrence, we are on the Sprint network. I don't know anything about the reliability ratings of Sprint, but there are places where there is no service. The same applied when we had AT&T. If you drive just west of Topeka or just west of Salina, you have dead areas on the AT&T network, even though they claim that they have I-70 completely covered.

I think the bottom line is that they all have a few problems, mostly minor in nature.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Nex-Tech Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nex-Tech   Nex-Tech Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 1:32 am

alg8tr wrote:
Great I just switched over to Nex Tech....was tired of my Unicel not working in the Saline river.

Al, no phone is going to work in the river.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902

Nex-Tech Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nex-Tech   Nex-Tech Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 1:37 am

alg8tr wrote:

Lots of things don't work in river valleys. Cell phones, CB radios, car radios, even emergency radios in Ellis County have to use a tower North of town when in the Saline Valley and a hill in the way can still block that. I havn't heard of a cell service yet that works perfect.
Back to top Go down
lilchefed
Rookie
Rookie
lilchefed

Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2008-10-06

Nex-Tech Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nex-Tech   Nex-Tech Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 3:22 pm

I like Nex-Tech Wireless, but they are lacking in the smart phone area. They have several problems with their HTC Touch Pro 6850 and can't seem to do much about it. In fact they are/have phased them out. Problem is, they don't have a worth while alternative. I don't like BlackBerry, they have fallen off and have gone mainstream. Plus, all top of the line phones (iphone, droid, nexus one, etc.) are touch screen phones and that is what I want. They were supposed to be getting the HTC Hero (that runs Android) but had too many programing problems, and decided to scratch that.

As a general cell phone company, they do pretty good, they are just a little behind in the cutting edge technology department. As for reliability, they get as good of coverage out here as Alltel did. Can't say how it compares since the Verizon switch. As for traveling, I've been around the state and don't have too much problems. It's never 100%, but does pretty good.
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

Number of posts : 1170
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Nex-Tech Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nex-Tech   Nex-Tech Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 4:19 pm

Blackie Kuhn wrote:

Ah yes but see I never go out of this 4 state area and I knew that in advance so I dont need a phone that works all over the country, hence the reason Im satisfied.
Back to top Go down
Oz
Rookie
Rookie
Oz

Number of posts : 272

Nex-Tech Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nex-Tech   Nex-Tech Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 5:04 pm

The Other One wrote:

Her other complaint is that there are dead spots. In Lawrence, we are on the Sprint network. I don't know anything about the reliability ratings of Sprint, but there are places where there is no service. The same applied when we had AT&T. If you drive just west of Topeka or just west of Salina, you have dead areas on the AT&T network, even though they claim that they have I-70 completely covered.

I think the bottom line is that they all have a few problems, mostly minor in nature.

It's not just MY complaint. Someone in Phillipsburg has the same exact problem...they don't receive phone calls, nothing shows up in the missed calls list, etc. Sometimes I receive calls, sometimes I don't.

If I have another serious diabetic low, and the phone doesn't work, I'm pretty much s.o.l. I don't consider that a minor complaint.
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

Number of posts : 2299

Nex-Tech Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nex-Tech   Nex-Tech Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 5:21 pm

A friend of mine in Norton is having allot of issues with Nex-tech. She has a samsung phone that will only recieve 3 out of 4 calls and no text messages at all. They keep sending the phone in for repair and keep sending it updates but it will only work for a little while. I don't know if it is the service but they will not stand behind the products they sell.
Back to top Go down
lyric

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Nex-Tech Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nex-Tech   Nex-Tech Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 11:06 pm

Blackie Kuhn wrote:

We have had our phone in Washington state and never had a problem with receiving or making calls while we were there. The only problem I have lately is dropping a call at least once a week but that isn't a big deal. I just hit redial. Other then the dropped calls we love Nex-tech service.
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

Number of posts : 1936

Nex-Tech Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nex-Tech   Nex-Tech Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 12:52 pm

The Other One wrote:
alg8tr wrote:

Al, no phone is going to work in the river.

Though the name "cell phone " is used to describe them, they are really more a of a full duplex radio transciever. radio signals depend on line of site to work properly and the higher the frequency, the more dependent on line of site they become. If they were to operate at say 144 mhz, they would be more forgiving in hilly terrain. Since they operate at 900 mhz, they are far more finiky about "seeing" the tower. And if you think things are bad now, wait until the sunspot activity increases over the next 7 years or so. There may be times they become useless altogether. On the bright side, the aurora borealis ( northern lights ) may be more visible to us hicks in the sticks at that time.

We had been with Alltel/ Verizon and we just recently switched to nextech. We were able to lower our bill by about 60 bucks for the same service.
Back to top Go down
CountryGirl
Rookie
Rookie
CountryGirl

Number of posts : 238

Nex-Tech Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nex-Tech   Nex-Tech Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 10:23 am

since i've switched to nex-tech from alltel/verizon, i actually have better service out here in the boonies of western kansas...plus i am saving money w/ nex-tech, as i have a blackberry...so no complaints here
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Nex-Tech Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nex-Tech   Nex-Tech Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 1:17 am

Maybe Verizon is a little too big and a little too uncaring. Saw a story on the news tonight about people in Greenwood County being charged Lyon County sales tax ever since Verizon took over from Alltel. A high school science teacher noticed it on his bill and started asking around. Seems everyone he talked to who had Verizon was getting the same billing error. Verizon refused to explain or talk to them.
Back to top Go down
alg8tr
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
alg8tr

Number of posts : 584

Nex-Tech Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nex-Tech   Nex-Tech Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 12:52 pm

Don't think about yourself....share the wealth. Paying taxes is good and big Government is better.

NEVER stop asking questions!
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigalstoons.net
Sponsored content

Nex-Tech Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nex-Tech   Nex-Tech Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nex-Tech
Page 1 of 1