Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

Bin Laden and Co

Go down 
+3
Ratzilla
zeke
Rog
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Rog
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Bin Laden and Co Empty
PostSubject: Bin Laden and Co   Bin Laden and Co Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 1:33 pm

Seems to me the root of the problem is women's liberation. The tone of all Mr. Bin Laden's speeches seems to be about what a decadent bunch we are, because women here are so wild, what with the bare faces and all.

The whole thing is about the right wing muslims wanting to keep their women under control.

Maybe we should have an underground railroad for the females in man land who would like to get out. At least we ought to acknowledge that the nuttier part of Islam's desire to maintain their extremely male dominated culture is the core problem.

Personally, I don't want to wear a burka. But they seem hell bent on torturing us until that holy day comes.

So, what to do?
Back to top Go down
zeke
Rookie
Rookie
zeke

Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2008-03-29

Bin Laden and Co Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bin Laden and Co   Bin Laden and Co Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 5:23 pm

stick all the women back in the kitchen where they belong and let the men rule.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902

Bin Laden and Co Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bin Laden and Co   Bin Laden and Co Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 6:40 pm

Muslim men wanting to rule over their women didn't cause 9/11. US expansionism and our ties to Israel may have though. When you walk into a crazy dog's yard he is likely to try to bite you.
Back to top Go down
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-13

Bin Laden and Co Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bin Laden and Co   Bin Laden and Co Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 11:23 pm

zeke wrote:
Nice concept! but I don't see it happening anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
Bighead
All Star
All Star
Bighead

Number of posts : 1539

Bin Laden and Co Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bin Laden and Co   Bin Laden and Co Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 2:22 am

Ratzilla wrote:
Muslim men wanting to rule over their women didn't cause 9/11. US expansionism and our ties to Israel may have though. When you walk into a crazy dog's yard he is likely to try to bite you.

Why do you hate America?
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Bin Laden and Co Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bin Laden and Co   Bin Laden and Co Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 2:55 am

I got relatives that stick their nose in where it don't belong and try to claim what isn't theirs. Don't mean I hate em.
Back to top Go down
robert
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
robert

Number of posts : 899
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Bin Laden and Co Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bin Laden and Co   Bin Laden and Co Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 1:49 am

Rog wrote:
Seems to me the root of the problem is women's liberation. The tone of all Mr. Bin Laden's speeches seems to be about what a decadent bunch we are, because women here are so wild, what with the bare faces and all.

The whole thing is about the right wing muslims wanting to keep their women under control.

Maybe we should have an underground railroad for the females in man land who would like to get out. At least we ought to acknowledge that the nuttier part of Islam's desire to maintain their extremely male dominated culture is the core problem.

Personally, I don't want to wear a burka. But they seem hell bent on torturing us until that holy day comes.

So, what to do?

really? what a juvenile understanding of the world.
Back to top Go down
robert
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
robert

Number of posts : 899
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Bin Laden and Co Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bin Laden and Co   Bin Laden and Co Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 1:53 am

zeke wrote:

too simple... wont work anyway... if women were gonna settle for that nonsense they already would have... any attempts toward regression are largely futile and will result in no sex... so basically, futile....
Back to top Go down
Rog
Rookie
Rookie

Bin Laden and Co Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bin Laden and Co   Bin Laden and Co Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 9:57 pm

What motivates a man to do anything?
Back to top Go down
Bighead
All Star
All Star
Bighead

Bin Laden and Co Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bin Laden and Co   Bin Laden and Co Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 11:11 pm

I have a class with a guy named Mohammad. Seems like a decent guy... pretty smart too. We've helped each other out with some Fortran programming and some real nasty differential equations. He's the kind of guy that if you help him out, he'll make a POINT of helping you out when he gets a chance- lots of international students are that way.

And he has this gal who follows him around- in a burka. No shit... we're talking FULL BURKA here. It's black, NOT form-fitting, and only a slit for her eyes. I have no idea what the gal looks like, and that's a shame; there are several middle-eastern gals here at Wichita State that dress kinda slutty, and I find that interesting.

Don't know if this is his sister, his girlfriend, or who the hell this is... he doesn't ever refer to the gal in conversation, and she doesn't join in. She's just 'there', tinkering with her laptop whenever Mohammad is in the computer lab.

For what it's worth, hijabs are not uncommon at Wichita State. But full-on burkas are few and far between. I've only seen maybe two or three. And full-beard muslims aren't very common either. Not sure if Mohammad qualifies- the guy is pretty young (early 20's) and probably couldn't grow a proper beard yet if he wanted to... so maybe he means to wait until he's good and hairy before he lets it grow out?
Back to top Go down
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

Number of posts : 986

Bin Laden and Co Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bin Laden and Co   Bin Laden and Co Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 11:17 pm

It must not be that rare to see Muslim women in burkas.....I seen one in the Hays WalMart not too long ago.
Back to top Go down
Bighead
All Star
All Star
Bighead

Bin Laden and Co Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bin Laden and Co   Bin Laden and Co Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 11:41 pm

Really? A full-on burka?

Or just a hijab? There's a difference, you know.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Bin Laden and Co Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bin Laden and Co   Bin Laden and Co Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 3:33 am

Rog wrote:

Rog wouldn't know.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Bin Laden and Co Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bin Laden and Co   Bin Laden and Co Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 3:52 am

Rog wrote:

Assuming your point is women, what would motivate men if women had no vagina?

That may sound sexist, but think about it. Women would hold no power over men, and telling us what Oprah had to say would likely get you booted out the door. Of course the relationship goes far beyond that, but the vagina is like the billboard that draws the tourist to stop.

I am at the age where nice conversation and just the attractiveness of women can be satisfying alot of the time, but I won't sacrifice much to achieve it either. It was the lure of what women held between their legs that led men to build empires, and to fight and die for them.
Back to top Go down
Rog
Rookie
Rookie

Bin Laden and Co Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bin Laden and Co   Bin Laden and Co Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 11:57 am

People in general and men in particular seem have an instinctual desire to dominate. Like a cat that really seems to enjoy keeping that mouse in the corner before eating it.

I read somewhere recently that the Arabs are great warriors, but for some reason, historically, they always end up getting their asses kicked. They have a cultural feeling of resentment about this. So, they have to dominate something, and the easy target is the women. If the women get out of line, they just kill them. Not hard to keep things under control this way.

In all seriousness, I think the desire to protect their cultural domination over women is the main item on Bin Laden and Co's agenda.

Acknowledging that fact might help solve the problem, or it might blow things up completely.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Bin Laden and Co Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bin Laden and Co   Bin Laden and Co Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 5:20 pm

I don't agree with the theory. The reason Arabs get their asses kicked is because they try to fight laser guided missiles and artillery with old tanks and improvised devices that require a person to place them. Modern Israeli aircraft and armor easily defeated the Arabs in the 60's who often were still using bolt action rifles.

I do agree that the role of men and women in Arab culture is a large part of why they want to preserve said culture, but there are alot of things in American culture they do not want. They strongly oppose Judaism and Christianity. They oppose alcohol and homosexuals. They oppose the gluttonous corporations that want to strip their lands of any value and leave them with McDonalds hamburgers as the payoff. They oppose consuming pork and a variety of other practices they see as unclean.

Japan and China have long histories of cruel male domination yet these nations have produced some of the most feared and accomplished warriors in history. While I think frustration of failures can lead a man to take it out on his women and or kids, I think the Muslim male domination has more to do with their religion than anything else.
Back to top Go down
Rog
Rookie
Rookie

Bin Laden and Co Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bin Laden and Co   Bin Laden and Co Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 6:19 pm

They use religion to justify what they are going to do anyway like most everyone else.

Life gets more distressing as I go along.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Bin Laden and Co Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bin Laden and Co   Bin Laden and Co Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 8:38 pm

Point is that that they have been using religion as their basis for how they treat women for centuries. They'd be doing it whether we were here or not. But it's far more than that causing the friction.

We stepped on their territory first. We want them to change how they've done things for hundreds of years and behave like we do and they reacted negatively. Why that surprises anyone is the biggest mystery.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bin Laden and Co Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bin Laden and Co   Bin Laden and Co Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bin Laden and Co
Page 1 of 1