Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

The Young and the Restless

Go down 
+8
Degeneration X
wilkykav2
Ratzilla
nitromaxx98
dz724
SlumberGirl
suzyj
SciFi
12 posters
AuthorMessage
SciFi
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SciFi

Number of posts : 1242
Registration date : 2008-03-25

The Young and the Restless Empty
PostSubject: The Young and the Restless   The Young and the Restless Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 3:53 pm

Okay, I'm watching my favorite soap today. "The Young and the Restless," they had a freekin' funeral for a dog . . . like it was for a human family member. Grave, tombstone, lit candles, each attendee speaking their memories about the dog . . . ugh. Now look, I know that pets are a member of the family, I have had a dog all of my life, but this show has been a loose cannon for some time now, and this takes the cake. I hope it isn't jumping the shark, because I've liked that show for a long time.
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

Number of posts : 3438

PostSubject: Re: The Young and the Restless   The Young and the Restless Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 4:28 pm

I know. Rolling Eyes Doesn't that dogs name translate to "Shoe"? "I remember when 'Zapato' (Shoe) played ball will Noah..." blah blah blah. Dumb show anyway. I'll still watch it, though. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=790394051
SlumberGirl
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SlumberGirl

Number of posts : 1136
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: The Young and the Restless   The Young and the Restless Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 5:58 pm

I used to be so hooked on that soap!
Back to top Go down
http://www.slumberpartiesbyvalarie.com
dz724
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 919
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: The Young and the Restless   The Young and the Restless Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 11:00 pm

Yes, Shoe used to play ball with Noah, like 6 months ago when he was 5. Kids age fast on that show!
The funeral was a bit much, but really, what kind of writer would "write off" a dog? I mean really? The poor pooch was poisoned by a loon. That stuff usually happens to the people, not the pets!
It has taken some wierd tangents lately.... I've said for awhile that the first time a human falls in love with a monkey (anyone else used to watch Passions?) I'm no longer watching! As of right now though, we're still hooked on it. We watch it on the soap channel together every day!
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

PostSubject: Re: The Young and the Restless   The Young and the Restless Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 8:34 am

Ugh, what about the nephew who is no longer a nephew making out with the aunt who is no longer the aunt? It's really starting to get as hokey as Days was several years ago, when Marlena was possessed.

Dumb shows, anyway. I need a job. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Number of posts : 3515

PostSubject: Re: The Young and the Restless   The Young and the Restless Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 10:31 am

Sleep lol!
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902

PostSubject: Re: The Young and the Restless   The Young and the Restless Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 9:19 pm

SciFi.....Not soap operas? The Young and the Restless 590595

Quick man, watch your favorite episode of Star Trek, followed by the original War Of The Worlds, or another classic movie of that caliber and repeat this phrase until cured. "I will not be assimilated by Proctor and Gambles.....I will not be assimilated by Proctor and Gambles"....
Back to top Go down
SciFi
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SciFi

PostSubject: Re: The Young and the Restless   The Young and the Restless Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 10:40 am

Ratzilla wrote:
SciFi.....Not soap operas? The Young and the Restless 590595

Quick man, watch your favorite episode of Star Trek, followed by the original War Of The Worlds, or another classic movie of that caliber and repeat this phrase until cured. "I will not be assimilated by Proctor and Gambles.....I will not be assimilated by Proctor and Gambles"....
I know . . . . I know . . . .
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

Number of posts : 2245

PostSubject: Re: The Young and the Restless   The Young and the Restless Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 11:38 am

I haven't watched a soap opera since I had my daughter 13 years ago,funny thing maybe it's because my life has become the soap opera lol!
Back to top Go down
dz724
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

PostSubject: Re: The Young and the Restless   The Young and the Restless Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 9:56 pm

We saw that devon was all hookin up with her. Maybe Neal will go after Devon's girlfriend, and the fresh prince will come to the wedding!

What happened today? Hubby missed it at 11, and we were out and about when the soap channel re- ran it today!
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Number of posts : 3515

PostSubject: Re: The Young and the Restless   The Young and the Restless Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 10:00 pm

dz724 wrote:
and the fresh prince will come to the wedding!

Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

PostSubject: Re: The Young and the Restless   The Young and the Restless Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 9:28 am

dz724 wrote:
We saw that devon was all hookin up with her. Maybe Neal will go after Devon's girlfriend, and the fresh prince will come to the wedding!

What happened today? Hubby missed it at 11, and we were out and about when the soap channel re- ran it today!

You can watch it here.----> Y&R
Back to top Go down
dz724
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

PostSubject: Re: The Young and the Restless   The Young and the Restless Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 9:50 pm

yeah, I didn't get around to watching it, but I watched today's episode this evening. Looks to me like Papa Neil found out about the Auntie/ Devon affair. And trouble is headed to JT and Vickie's happy home! EEK! These people are a mess. Makes the lives of my loved ones seem boring!
Back to top Go down
Degeneration X
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
Degeneration X

Number of posts : 1337

PostSubject: Re: The Young and the Restless   The Young and the Restless Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 10:37 pm

When i first seen this topic i figured it was about Britney SPears.
Back to top Go down
SciFi
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SciFi

PostSubject: Re: The Young and the Restless   The Young and the Restless Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 2:02 pm

nitromaxx98 wrote:
dz724 wrote:
and the fresh prince will come to the wedding!

He made a very good James West. Not nearly as good as Robert Conrad, but a damn good one.
Back to top Go down
SciFi
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SciFi

PostSubject: Re: The Young and the Restless   The Young and the Restless Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 12:41 pm

This current storyline is very boring. Unless it's House, hospital scenes bore me to tears. I didn't get in on it soon enough to know why Adam has it in for Ashley so ferociously.
Back to top Go down
SlumberGirl
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SlumberGirl

Number of posts : 1136

PostSubject: Re: The Young and the Restless   The Young and the Restless Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 12:50 pm

I caught it yesterday for a few minutes. Victor and another lady, it seemed, were being taken to surgery at the same time? I thought that was a little odd, maybe it was not what it seemed though. So what's going on with all of that? I know, I should watch. lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.slumberpartiesbyvalarie.com
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

PostSubject: Re: The Young and the Restless   The Young and the Restless Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 1:10 pm

SciFi wrote:
This current storyline is very boring. Unless it's House, hospital scenes bore me to tears. I didn't get in on it soon enough to know why Adam has it in for Ashley so ferociously.

I don't know that there ever was a real reason behind it. It's all nonsense, anyway. It's become background noise in my hectic day. The Young and the Restless 128512
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

Number of posts : 1170
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: The Young and the Restless   The Young and the Restless Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 2:09 pm

SlumberGirl wrote:
Victor and another lady, it seemed, were being taken to surgery at the same time? I thought that was a little odd, maybe it was not what it seemed though. So what's going on with all of that?

Colleen is brain dead and Tracey gave her consent for Victor to have her heart. Apparently he needs a transplant. I dont watch it but i read that in Soap Opera Digest at work. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902

PostSubject: Re: The Young and the Restless   The Young and the Restless Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 5:39 pm

SciFi wrote:

Because it's in the script. Smile
Back to top Go down
dz724
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

PostSubject: Re: The Young and the Restless   The Young and the Restless Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 10:59 pm

What I want to know is how long it will be before they figure out the baby was switched. Could drag out until she's 20 and dating Noah (her brother) or Nick could go CRAZY on Adam now... It surprises me that they'd kill Colleen off. She's young and has lots of good story left. That JT thing could flare forever! Victor has my blessing to call it quits though! To be honest... I laugh every time Jack calls him "the mustache".
Back to top Go down
SciFi
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SciFi

PostSubject: Re: The Young and the Restless   The Young and the Restless Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 3:52 pm

Ratzilla wrote:
SciFi wrote:

Because it's in the script. Smile
Pragmatist Smile
Back to top Go down
CountryGirl
Rookie
Rookie
CountryGirl

Number of posts : 238

PostSubject: Re: The Young and the Restless   The Young and the Restless Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 4:21 pm

i just got caught up on being 2wks behind...OMG, i could just kill adam...he is so ruthless...i can't wait till the shit blows up in his face...hope they get sharon & nick's baby back to them soon
Back to top Go down
Bighead
All Star
All Star
Bighead

Number of posts : 1539
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: The Young and the Restless   The Young and the Restless Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 4:33 pm

When I worked in Hays, I was shocked as hell to find out the all of my fellow mechanics would go and watch a soap opera at our 10:00 break. I don't remember which one it was... might have been this one. But these were grown men- mechanics- watching a soap opera. They even knew some of the characters by name and would discuss them. Kinda sick and sad.
Back to top Go down
dz724
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

PostSubject: Re: The Young and the Restless   The Young and the Restless Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 11:49 pm

Everyone says that Eric Braedyn (victor) is leaving but he's still kickin it with Colleen's heart. What gives?

And raise your hand if you were suprised that Summer and Fen suddenly look as though they're ready to start Kindergarten. My they grow up fast! Wink
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

PostSubject: Re: The Young and the Restless   The Young and the Restless Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 8:18 am

I expected Summer to come back from Switzerland, as a tween.
Back to top Go down
dz724
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

PostSubject: Re: The Young and the Restless   The Young and the Restless Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 10:52 pm

They do have some amazing therapists in Swtizerland... Wink
Has Faith graduated High school yet? I missed today's episode!
Back to top Go down
dz724
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

PostSubject: Re: The Young and the Restless   The Young and the Restless Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 12:06 am

so who steals someone's baby then tries to hook up with her, seriously....
Back to top Go down
robert
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
robert

Number of posts : 899
Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: The Young and the Restless   The Young and the Restless Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 10:49 pm

Bighead wrote:
When I worked in Hays, I was shocked as hell to find out the all of my fellow mechanics would go and watch a soap opera at our 10:00 break. I don't remember which one it was... might have been this one. But these were grown men- mechanics- watching a soap opera. They even knew some of the characters by name and would discuss them. Kinda sick and sad.

i'll go ya one worse... my dad actually talks to his favorite soap character... cheers he is forever telling victor to "watch out" or "don't trust her again"... the only one i ever watched that held my interest isn't even on anymore...
Back to top Go down
Bighead
All Star
All Star
Bighead

Number of posts : 1539
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: The Young and the Restless   The Young and the Restless Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 11:18 pm

I'm so sorry, Robert. If it makes you feel any better, my dad watches Judge Judy.
Back to top Go down
robert
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
robert

Number of posts : 899
Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: The Young and the Restless   The Young and the Restless Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 8:23 am

Bighead wrote:
I'm so sorry, Robert. If it makes you feel any better, my dad watches Judge Judy.

yes it does, thank you. heh heh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Young and the Restless   The Young and the Restless Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Young and the Restless
Page 1 of 1