Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

30 Years Later, Disco Still Sucks

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2008-03-25

30 Years Later, Disco Still Sucks Empty
PostSubject: 30 Years Later, Disco Still Sucks   30 Years Later, Disco Still Sucks Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 5:48 pm

Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: 30 Years Later, Disco Still Sucks   30 Years Later, Disco Still Sucks Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 7:12 pm

I remember when they sold those pinback buttons in the Brass Ear in the Mall. One said "Disco Sucks" and another said "Disco Still Sucks". Alice Cooper used to call the disco years The Dark Age.
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: 30 Years Later, Disco Still Sucks   30 Years Later, Disco Still Sucks Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 7:34 pm

as bad as it may sound, there are a few songs from that era I still enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: 30 Years Later, Disco Still Sucks   30 Years Later, Disco Still Sucks Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 7:42 pm

LukeTHr wrote:

So that's why your kids say your taste in music sucks. lol!
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: 30 Years Later, Disco Still Sucks   30 Years Later, Disco Still Sucks Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 2:07 am

Ratzilla wrote:
LukeTHr wrote:

So that's why your kids say your taste in music sucks. lol!

I didn't like my parents' taste in music when I was younger, but now I really enjoy some of what they used to listen to, particularly Frank Sinatra.

As for disco, it probably had more to do with me becoming a Deadhead than anything else did. I couldn't stand disco then, I can't stand disco now, and I'll never be able to stand it. Pop music went from songs that had real meaning and purpose in the 60s - look up the lyrics to "Eve of Destruction" by Barry McGuire as a single example - to hollow, meaningless garbage performed by people who couldn't play an insturment if their life depended on it, unless it was the instrument between their legs.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: 30 Years Later, Disco Still Sucks   30 Years Later, Disco Still Sucks Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 4:37 am

In the 70's I listened to a range of styles, but they were all basically heavy. Deep Purple, Pink Floyd, Zepplin, Alice Cooper, Sabbath, Jethro Tull, Uriah Heep, Kansas, Emerson Lake and Palmer, Bachman Turner Overdrive, etc. KOMA was on every night on my radio when I went to bed and it stayed on all night.

I hated disco for lots of reasons. First off I didn't like the sound. It also changed the party scene from sitting around with the stereo cranked to gay looking men dancing in gay looking fashions. The disco look for men was a pretty boy look and my look was a mixture of hippy and metal head. Disco also affected TV and TV became infested with all these gay looking guys being portrayed as what men were supposed to look and act like. It was the time when a weenie boy could be cool.

Sure there were a few tunes that actually sounded ok, but that was the exception in those times.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: 30 Years Later, Disco Still Sucks   30 Years Later, Disco Still Sucks Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 4:44 am

Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: 30 Years Later, Disco Still Sucks   30 Years Later, Disco Still Sucks Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 4:47 am

Back to top Go down
robert
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
robert

Number of posts : 899
Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: 30 Years Later, Disco Still Sucks   30 Years Later, Disco Still Sucks Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 8:47 am

Ratzilla wrote:
It was the time when a weenie boy could be cool.

ouch! bet that had to hurt
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: 30 Years Later, Disco Still Sucks   30 Years Later, Disco Still Sucks Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 10:48 am

There's something just ain't right about an era when guys who always got beat up by their little sisters throw on a tacky polyester suit and become the desire of women.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: 30 Years Later, Disco Still Sucks   30 Years Later, Disco Still Sucks Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 11:33 pm

Seen at Sunday's game at Wrigley Field:

30 Years Later, Disco Still Sucks 6455_128247997817_59432207817_2989286_1759965_n
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: 30 Years Later, Disco Still Sucks   30 Years Later, Disco Still Sucks Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 11:59 pm

30 Years Later, Disco Still Sucks 2004011375_Display-25

Raisin em right.

30 Years Later, Disco Still Sucks Discosucks
Back to top Go down
robert
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
robert

PostSubject: Re: 30 Years Later, Disco Still Sucks   30 Years Later, Disco Still Sucks Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 1:00 am

i was a 12 yr old in Vegas when disco was king. It pretty much sucked. some things about the past we should never try to relive. of which; disco is one.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: 30 Years Later, Disco Still Sucks   30 Years Later, Disco Still Sucks Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 3:57 am

When kids were dropping acid and listening to Hendrix, Pink Floyd, and Zeppelin, their parents asked how can it get any worse. And the answer was combining the Village People who sucked in "every" way, with Disco Duck. It's a wonder nobody blew up the planet back then just to end it.

30 Years Later, Disco Still Sucks Irwininthenavy+front
Back to top Go down
robert
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
robert

PostSubject: Re: 30 Years Later, Disco Still Sucks   30 Years Later, Disco Still Sucks Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 5:47 pm

bill cosby did a "bit" on "worse". his claim was that the minute you asked how things could get worse they did.
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812

PostSubject: Re: 30 Years Later, Disco Still Sucks   30 Years Later, Disco Still Sucks Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 6:02 pm

I have tested that theory and it seems to hold water. Unless it is supposed to, then it leaks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 30 Years Later, Disco Still Sucks   30 Years Later, Disco Still Sucks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

30 Years Later, Disco Still Sucks
Page 1 of 1