Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

Another Hays business bites the dust

Go down 
+15
dz724
Blackie Kuhn
slickjay12
The Other One
alg8tr
Bighead
Ratzilla
Justoo
suzyj
Degeneration X
LukeTHr
nitromaxx98
lilchefed
Owlg8tr
wilkykav2
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

Number of posts : 2245
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Another Hays business bites the dust Empty
PostSubject: Another Hays business bites the dust   Another Hays business bites the dust Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 8:09 am

Posh Puppies Another Hays business bites the dust 530931 Another Hays business bites the dust 530931 Another Hays business bites the dust 530931 Another Hays business bites the dust 530931 Another Hays business bites the dust 530931 Another Hays business bites the dust 530931 Another Hays business bites the dust 530931 Another Hays business bites the dust 530931 Another Hays business bites the dust 530931 Another Hays business bites the dust 530931

store closing link
Back to top Go down
Owlg8tr
Rookie
Rookie
Owlg8tr

Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Another Hays business bites the dust   Another Hays business bites the dust Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 8:12 am

Where is the skating rink that all the do gooders were so concerned about, speaking of business'
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigalstoons.net
lilchefed
Rookie
Rookie
lilchefed

Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Another Hays business bites the dust   Another Hays business bites the dust Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 8:33 am

Quote :

So is this business in Hays and the owners are in Plainville? I'm not familiar with this place, is this the place with the protesters outside?
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

PostSubject: Re: Another Hays business bites the dust   Another Hays business bites the dust Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 8:57 am

this place is next to the little Dillon's,and no no protesters-as far as I know
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Another Hays business bites the dust   Another Hays business bites the dust Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 9:28 am

At least the "Big Ass Billboard on South Vine" business is booming.
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

PostSubject: Re: Another Hays business bites the dust   Another Hays business bites the dust Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 9:40 am

I saw Hess putting up a billboard thingy last week,that what your talking about??haven't seen it though
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

Number of posts : 1936

PostSubject: Re: Another Hays business bites the dust   Another Hays business bites the dust Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 11:43 am

no wonder they're closing. Those prices are nuts $1500.00 for something that is just gonna eat and poop........
Back to top Go down
Degeneration X
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
Degeneration X

Number of posts : 1337

PostSubject: Re: Another Hays business bites the dust   Another Hays business bites the dust Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 11:46 am

nitromaxx98 wrote:
At least the "Big Ass Billboard on South Vine" business is booming.
That just plain looks hideous. When did the city of Hays approve to put up those billboards. I know at one time they banned those. There is also another one getting ready to go up north of Hays and there is another one that is already up south of Hays by Mack Sales.
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

Number of posts : 3438

PostSubject: Re: Another Hays business bites the dust   Another Hays business bites the dust Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 11:46 am

Someone on craigslist has puppies listed for 1800... English bull dogs
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=790394051
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

PostSubject: Re: Another Hays business bites the dust   Another Hays business bites the dust Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 1:18 pm

wilkykav2 wrote:
I saw Hess putting up a billboard thingy last week,that what your talking about??haven't seen it though

Another Hays business bites the dust Sign
Back to top Go down
Degeneration X
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
Degeneration X

PostSubject: Re: Another Hays business bites the dust   Another Hays business bites the dust Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 2:10 pm

I can see that damn billboard out my back door. Maybe I should check to see how much an advertisement is on that thing. I could put my own advertisement up there, maybe something along the lines of Rachel Ray with nothing on cooking up something in the kitchen. Another Hays business bites the dust 862468 Another Hays business bites the dust 6729 Another Hays business bites the dust 952780 Another Hays business bites the dust 905892 Another Hays business bites the dust 239796 Another Hays business bites the dust 793327 Another Hays business bites the dust 555861
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

PostSubject: Re: Another Hays business bites the dust   Another Hays business bites the dust Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 2:16 pm

Degeneration X wrote:
I can see that damn billboard out my back door. Maybe I should check to see how much an advertisement is on that thing. I could put my own advertisement up there, maybe something along the lines of Rachel Ray with nothing on cooking up something in the kitchen. Another Hays business bites the dust 862468 Another Hays business bites the dust 6729 Another Hays business bites the dust 952780 Another Hays business bites the dust 905892 Another Hays business bites the dust 239796 Another Hays business bites the dust 793327 Another Hays business bites the dust 555861

It's probabally to advertise for the sports complex.
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812

PostSubject: Re: Another Hays business bites the dust   Another Hays business bites the dust Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 6:00 pm

I heard that Fred Phelps bought the first year on that sign.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Another Hays business bites the dust   Another Hays business bites the dust Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 8:33 pm

A sign on the city limits of a California suburb my relation used to live in says "Leaving America" as you enter the city limits. Dodge and Garden City could use signs like that too.
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

PostSubject: Re: Another Hays business bites the dust   Another Hays business bites the dust Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 9:05 pm

'ol man is a Hesser.........was wondering................. Another Hays business bites the dust 397852
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

PostSubject: Re: Another Hays business bites the dust   Another Hays business bites the dust Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 8:10 am

No more Vagabond restaurant I see,it WAS icky~I ate there once when I first moved here~blech!
Back to top Go down
Bighead
All Star
All Star
Bighead

Number of posts : 1539
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Another Hays business bites the dust   Another Hays business bites the dust Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 8:34 am

wilkykav2 wrote:
No more Vagabond restaurant I see,it WAS icky~I ate there once when I first moved here~blech!

We stopped in there one time- back when we'd first moved to Hays. I wondered over toward the buffet, and saw the mashed potatoes with a 1" thick dried crust on top; we left.
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812

PostSubject: Re: Another Hays business bites the dust   Another Hays business bites the dust Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 8:34 am

We used to frequent the place, but the food got so bad we just couldn't make ourselves go there. I hope Lundy finds a decent replacement.
Back to top Go down
alg8tr
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
alg8tr

Number of posts : 584

PostSubject: Re: Another Hays business bites the dust   Another Hays business bites the dust Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 1:11 pm

There are a few folks looking, I checked into it. Be an excellent place and bring back the buffet!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigalstoons.net
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675

PostSubject: Re: Another Hays business bites the dust   Another Hays business bites the dust Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 4:42 pm

Justoo wrote:
I hope Lundy finds a decent replacement.

Maybe Olive Garden will take it over.
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

Number of posts : 2299

PostSubject: Re: Another Hays business bites the dust   Another Hays business bites the dust Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 6:12 pm

The Other One wrote:
Justoo wrote:
I hope Lundy finds a decent replacement.

Maybe Olive Garden will take it over.

I think you should open up a place with OZ
Back to top Go down
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Another Hays business bites the dust   Another Hays business bites the dust Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 12:54 am

JUst don't open another Chinese buffet Very Happy
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

PostSubject: Re: Another Hays business bites the dust   Another Hays business bites the dust Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 12:55 am

Blackie Kuhn wrote:
JUst don't open another Chinese buffet Very Happy

Or pizza place
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

PostSubject: Re: Another Hays business bites the dust   Another Hays business bites the dust Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 1:03 am

How about a German place?
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

PostSubject: Re: Another Hays business bites the dust   Another Hays business bites the dust Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 1:12 am

I think you need a bakery... little mom and pop thing. No McD's. No BK. No nasty fish place.

Bakery. Why not?
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Another Hays business bites the dust   Another Hays business bites the dust Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 1:13 am

nitromaxx98 wrote:
How about a German place?

Everyone from Hays has a different way of making that food, and they all think their way is the only way.
Back to top Go down
Degeneration X
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
Degeneration X

PostSubject: Re: Another Hays business bites the dust   Another Hays business bites the dust Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 1:13 am

Here's an idea, turn it into another liquor store. There aren't enough of those in town. Maybe I could move back to Hace and turn it into my place of worship. The Church of DX!!!!!
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Another Hays business bites the dust   Another Hays business bites the dust Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 1:15 am

Degeneration X wrote:
Here's an idea, turn it into another liquor store. There aren't enough of those in town. Maybe I could move back to Hace and turn it into my place of worship. The Church of DX!!!!!

Or how about a bar that serves underage kids? Hays doesn't have enough of those, does it?
Back to top Go down
dz724
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: Another Hays business bites the dust   Another Hays business bites the dust Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 1:18 am

I'm terribly disappointed, noone has suggested a skating rink Another Hays business bites the dust 58289.
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

PostSubject: Re: Another Hays business bites the dust   Another Hays business bites the dust Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 1:23 am

Waiting for George Clooney to be available to host a fund raiser for the rink, dz. Come on, get with the program. Another Hays business bites the dust Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Another Hays business bites the dust   Another Hays business bites the dust Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 1:24 am

dz724 wrote:
I'm terribly disappointed, noone has suggested a skating rink Another Hays business bites the dust 58289.

Okay, we have a winner. Roller disco rink with a German buffet and Keystone Light on tap.
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

PostSubject: Re: Another Hays business bites the dust   Another Hays business bites the dust Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 1:25 am

The Other One wrote:
dz724 wrote:

Okay, we have a winner. Roller disco rink with a German buffet and Keystone Light on tap.

Teen night on Thursday? Quarter draws?

I think they actually had one of those in Schoenchen.

Last edited by suzyr on Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

PostSubject: Re: Another Hays business bites the dust   Another Hays business bites the dust Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 1:26 am

How 'bout a White Castle Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Another Hays business bites the dust   Another Hays business bites the dust Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 1:34 am

suzyr wrote:
The Other One wrote:
dz724 wrote:

Teen night on Thursday? Quarter draws?

I think they actually had one of those in Schoenchen.

When I was younger, much younger, there was a place in Shawee Mission called Pogo's. Wednesday night was Ladies' Night - no cover charge, females could drink from 8 until midnight FOR FREE. Thursday was Nickel Pitcher Night, no cover charge. Both of those would be illegal in Kansas now.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Another Hays business bites the dust   Another Hays business bites the dust Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 1:39 am

wilkykav2 wrote:

How about one of these places?
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

PostSubject: Re: Another Hays business bites the dust   Another Hays business bites the dust Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 1:47 am

The Other One wrote:
wilkykav2 wrote:

How about one of these places?

I saw a show on the Travel Channel about that place. I think they could do well in Hace
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

PostSubject: Re: Another Hays business bites the dust   Another Hays business bites the dust Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 7:56 am

Another Hays business bites the dust 862468
Back to top Go down
slider
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
slider

Number of posts : 1289
Registration date : 2008-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Another Hays business bites the dust   Another Hays business bites the dust Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 12:53 pm

wilkykav2 wrote:

Had a place just like that at 7th & Main ----- "Cutie Burger"
Back to top Go down
dz724
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

PostSubject: Re: Another Hays business bites the dust   Another Hays business bites the dust Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 6:42 pm

slider wrote:
wilkykav2 wrote:

I practically grew up at Cutie Burger... If only he'd patented that, all the royalties from everyone's sliders would have made him a RICH RICH man!
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Another Hays business bites the dust   Another Hays business bites the dust Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 7:44 pm

dz724 wrote:
slider wrote:
wilkykav2 wrote:

I practically grew up at Cutie Burger... If only he'd patented that, all the royalties from everyone's sliders would have made him a RICH RICH man!

Are you sure White Castle, and even Cozy's, didn't come first?
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

PostSubject: Re: Another Hays business bites the dust   Another Hays business bites the dust Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 8:15 pm

I think Cozys has been around since like the 40's
Back to top Go down
dz724
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

PostSubject: Re: Another Hays business bites the dust   Another Hays business bites the dust Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 10:20 pm

You're probably right, but CB was first in my eyes. I was knee high to a grasshopper when I had my first cutie burger. I still have never had Cozys or Whitecastle.
Back to top Go down
slider
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
slider

PostSubject: Re: Another Hays business bites the dust   Another Hays business bites the dust Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 11:28 pm

dz724 wrote:
You're probably right, but CB was first in my eyes. I was knee high to a grasshopper when I had my first cutie burger. I still have never had Cozys or Whitecastle.

At least you didn't smell like an sweaty armpit after you ate there. Cozy's are some of the most foul and gross hamburgers in the world.
They even went out and dug the old grill out the junkyard/landfill when they replaced it and the burgers didn't sell as well as the ones from the old grill 20 years ago.
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

PostSubject: Re: Another Hays business bites the dust   Another Hays business bites the dust Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 12:34 am

slider wrote:
At least you didn't smell like an sweaty armpit after you ate there. Cozy's are some of the most foul and gross hamburgers in the world.
They even went out and dug the old grill out the junkyard/landfill when they replaced it and the burgers didn't sell as well as the ones from the old grill 20 years ago.

Got proof of that or was it just that all the handycaped stalls were full when you got there?
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

PostSubject: Re: Another Hays business bites the dust   Another Hays business bites the dust Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 1:01 am

slider wrote:
dz724 wrote:

it called a seasoned grill
Back to top Go down
slider
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
slider

PostSubject: Re: Another Hays business bites the dust   Another Hays business bites the dust Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 1:35 am

nitromaxx98 wrote:
slider wrote:

Got proof of that or was it just that all the handycaped stalls were full when you got there?

They have framed newspaper clippings on the wall inside the little diner. I knew on the owners sons, they are very proud of that little ordeal.

and screw you with the "handicapped" quips .... you really need to get a new spiel. You really have a problem with the fact that I legally was entitled to recieve them. JEALOUS???
Back to top Go down
Cousin Eddie
Cousin Eddie

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2009-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Another Hays business bites the dust   Another Hays business bites the dust Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 1:36 am

How can I get one?
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Another Hays business bites the dust   Another Hays business bites the dust Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 2:46 am

slider wrote:
dz724 wrote:

I saw a piece on The Food Network about the place that claims to be where the hamburger was invented. They still use the same grill that they've used since 1898.
Back to top Go down
SlumberGirl
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SlumberGirl

Number of posts : 1136

PostSubject: Re: Another Hays business bites the dust   Another Hays business bites the dust Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 3:08 am

slider wrote:
dz724 wrote:

A person smells like Cozy's when they leave, nothing like sweaty armpits, that's disgusting! If I remember the story correctly, the grill was taken out back, not taken to the dump. Yeah slickjay, it's called a seasoned grill! We loved Cutie Burger, we had it all most every Saturday for lunch.
Back to top Go down
http://www.slumberpartiesbyvalarie.com
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Another Hays business bites the dust   Another Hays business bites the dust Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 3:21 am

SlumberGirl wrote:
slider wrote:
dz724 wrote:

A person smells like Cozy's when they leave, nothing like sweaty armpits, that's disgusting! If I remember the story correctly, the grill was taken out back, not taken to the dump. Yeah slickjay, it's called a seasoned grill! We loved Cutie Burger, we had it all most every Saturday for lunch.

It's probably the onions that he thinks smell like armpits.

If you smell like a burger when you leave Cozy's, when you leave Long John Silver's do you smell like a whorehouse?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Hays business bites the dust   Another Hays business bites the dust Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another Hays business bites the dust
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next